Delight in the law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
Shalom,

The psalm says meditate and delight in the law. What exactly does it mean - and how are we to do that?

Thanks,
Elysian

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
There are spiritual principles behind the laws and we meditate upon them to try and see those principles. Those principles are what help us understand the righteousness of God.

God wants us to understand the finer details of why he requires of us what he does. It is only when we understand those finer details that we truly embrace his law in our hearts. And that is his goal for us so that we do not forever need obedience spelled out on paper for us. Only then can we truly be his unblemished image.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
My understanding of it is to delight in the commandments of the Lord.

When he reveals his purpose in it, we marvel at his wisdom, and become wiser ourselves, more like him! :)

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Proverbs 6:23 "For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:"

But a law on paper does no good. Only a law in the heart works what is good.

On paper the law can just lay there as dead.

Reactions: Angelina

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
God's laws and ways are so mysteriously perfect think you have to think about it live it act it, tell people about it, the random waitress at a Restraunt you pull your bible out and start shaking it front of her. When you really start shining God reveals his laws and his commands and what they were truly designed for and it's an amazing experience the angels rejoice and satan goes into hiding. Amen brothers lot's of love and hope in you guys.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Proverbs 6:23 "For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:"

But a law on paper does no good. Only a law in the heart works what is good.

On paper the law can just lay there as dead.

Amen! ^_^

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Yes ! and so the Law still stands, but under Christ. as Jesus never came to destroy the Law but to fulfill it.
So we are not under the Law but under Christ or in Christ, doing his will as his servants and we don't hold the Law above anyone as it is written down as the written word needs something more and that is, that we should be in Christ when dealing with the Law or the Law does not move in the Spirit or with in the Spirit.
No one is above the Law but Christ is the Law.
If we were to take Christ out of the picture the Law will just turn to corruption.
It was God that gave the Law so why would he give it then throw it away?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty good answers. I like most of what people here said. I especially liked Vengle's explanation that the Law has spiritual principles, which we need to meditate on. I'm still trying to figure Vengle out because he's fairly new to this board (and I don't think I've seen him around on other boards), but I agree with him on that.

For example, when God says don't be an adulterer, the carnal version says don't cheat on your wife or husband. The spiritual version says don't cheat on God. When God says don't be a fornicator, the carnal version is [well, you know], the spiritual version is don't get involved with false religon. When God says don't wear mixed cloth, the carnal version is don't wear a wool jacket with a cotton shirt or don't wear polyester, but the spiritual version is don't mix pagan practices with what God's.