Depression

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

eternalarcadia

Nov 15, 2007
Hi everyone. Lately I've been having what seems like deep depression and it feels like there's no way out. It feels like God isnt there and feels like there is no hope. I will read Gods word and it will have no effect on me. Negative thoughts are controlling my mind, some of them even about death. It feels like I am trapped. I would humbly ask that anyone who is reading this would pray for me...

Sasha

Jul 27, 2008
(eternalarcadia;63133)
Hi everyone. Lately I've been having what seems like deep depression and it feels like there's no way out. Depression is a demonic spirit from satan. It is NOT from God; God does NOT want you to feel hopeless. Jesus has come to give us abundant life. Any demonic spirit needs to be bound from operating against you or it needs to be kicked out. Being oppressed by a demon just means it has a strong influence in a person’s life, it does not mean they are possessed. It feels like God isn’t there and feels like there is no hope. I will read Gods word and it will have no effect on me. It may FEEL like God isn't there, but, we can not live our lives by our FEELINGS. He said He would NEVER leave us.Negative thoughts are controlling my mind, Jesus said renew your minds daily in the word. Take every thought captive in obedience of Jesus Christ. Every thought that enters your mind that does not line up with Gods word, then say 'No, that's a lie from satan, I do NOT have the spirit of fear, or drepression, I have a spirit of power, love and a sound mind." Praise the Lord, God wants us to have a sound mind. some of them even about death. That would be a spirit of death. We need to also come agaisnt that. Has there been others in your family with depression, or suicide? The word says the sins of the father and mother will be on the children. If it is a family spirit then you could have been born with it. And it wasn't because you opened the door for satan to attack you. It feels like I am trapped. You are NOT trapped, that is a lie from satan. I would humbly ask that anyone who is reading this would pray for me...I will pray for you and I will also do spiritual warfare on your behalf. You can send me a private message letting me know you full name, and if others in your family have had the same problem.
God bless you dear.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(eternalarcadia;63133)
Hi everyone. Lately I've been having what seems like deep depression and it feels like there's no way out. It feels like God isnt there and feels like there is no hope. I will read Gods word and it will have no effect on me. Negative thoughts are controlling my mind, some of them even about death. It feels like I am trapped. I would humbly ask that anyone who is reading this would pray for me...
Find someone to talk to.

Sasha

Jul 27, 2008
We need to do something about it as well. God said be doers of the word.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Make sure that the depression is not physically based. That being said, when doctors do find a physical basis, they prefer to drug you up anyway, so that is not much better. It may take someone who knows natural medicine to get you back in sync again---- sometimes its nutritionally related.God made us physical beings that need proper nutrients. Because of the Fall, even this gets out of whack. Someone into natural stuff should agree with bible teachings about food. Sometimes what they say is bad for you is really good and vice versa, just to be on guard in case they don't agree with bible teaching. Deciphering that maze can be just as depressing as the depression itself. In the meantime, we can pray. Hope you find some help.

sunflower1984

Jul 31, 2008
Please do not lose hope. My mother-in-law sometimes suffers from bouts of severe depression and I know that she would not be able to pull out of them without the love of her family and her faith in our Lord.You are in my thoughts and prayers.