Difference between Catholic and Protestant.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL... Christ Jesus didn’t establish a “catholic” church.
NEWSFLASH...
Many are called, Few are chosen.
WRONG.

Acts 9:31 talks about how the Early Church grew throughout the region. The language used here describes the Catholic Church:
“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

Here is the phrase in Greek:
η μεν ουν εκκλησια καθ ολης της ιουδαιας

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “katah-holos”.

Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely
"ekklesia Kata-holos" = CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Do your HOMEWORK . . .
HELLO...LOL, not a Secret this thread is about Differences between catholics and Protestants. Ignatius’ supposed letters irrelevant!
Of COURSE you’d say that because his letters DON‘T show that the 1st century Church looked anything like your Protestant factions.

It not only LOOKED like the Catholic Church, had Bishops, Priests who celebrated the Eucharist like the Catholic Church – it was CALLED the Catholic Church.

To quote YOU – ummmm, “LOL.”

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can whine and moan against the Catholic Church ALL you want

I can Disagree with Catholic Teachings, Catholic Doctrines, Catholic Traditions....ALL I WANT WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION!

I can LAUGH at your Repetitive Snarky, Gas-Lighting Comments...
ALL I WANT WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

and claim that Jesus didn’t use His Church to spread the Gospel or declare the Canon of Scripture – and you’ll STILL be wrong.

GAS-LIGHTER...I never said that.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can Disagree with Catholic Teachings, Catholic Doctrines, Catholic Traditions....ALL I WANT WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION!

I can LAUGH at your Repetitive Snarky, Gas-Lighting Comments...
ALL I WANT WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

GAS-LIGHTER...I never said that.
The catholic teachings are deceptive . As are many others .
The thing they all have in common is they can still preach truths at times and yet KNOW NOT THE TRUTH at all .
Satan can and does the same . As does his men .
Satan lied when he said ye shall not die , but he didnt lie when he said ye shall become as gods to know good and evil .
EVEN GOD SAID the same . I have noticed there is no false teacher who cannot also say truths at times .
But there is a huge difference between knowing some truths and KNOWING THE TRUTH .
We better get in those bibles and stay in those bibles . The CC has sucked everything into her black hole now .
PREPARE to be hated . COUNT THE COST and no matter the cost , CLING TO JESUS . Even if it means
being in prison and whipped twice a week . And for comfort from men some salt poured into those wounds .
IN OTHER WORDS , DONT expect mercy from this world . Prepare to suffer and suffer at great cost .
BUT have no fear . Paul was whipped more than any other apostel , he was beat down like a dog in the streets
even left for dead after a massive stoning . YET ALL i ever seen was HOPE IN THE LORD in that man .
Let us make a covenant today . FIRST and foremost that We cling to ALL that JESUS said and taught and later
the apostels left us in the bible . and number two , NEVER EVER EVER go in the direction of the CC .
IF i see you headed in that direction , PREPARE TO BE REBUKED and SHARPLY TOO .
IF you ever see me headed in that direction , I dont care what you have to do , REBUKE ME far from it .
THE CC is a whore . and she has many daughters doing her will now .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claiming 'syriac' or 'Aramaic' is moot. There is not a single shred of evidence that the NT (as a whole) was ever written in 'Aramaic', or that Jesus primarily spoke such to the disciples. Are there certain 'Aramaic' words utilized? Sure, but that is no different than myself, or anyone speaking to others and throwing in a word from a differing language while speaking or writing to a certain audience, right uso?

In the NT, it is evident that the Jews spoke "Hebrew", not 'Aramaic':

Act_21:40 And when he had given him licence, Paul stood on the stairs, and beckoned with the hand unto the people. And when there was made a great silence, he spake unto them in the Hebrew tongue, saying,

Act_22:2 (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,)

Paul was clear in the use of the word, "Hebrew":

Php_3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

How do we know that the Jews spoke "Hebrew" and not 'Aramaic'? Simple, when Jesus spoke some Aramaic words upon the Cross, the Pharisees mistook them to mean Elias (Elijah), and not God (El). They could not have mistaken that if they had understood 'Aramaic', and they were the learned leaders of the Jews..

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mat 27:47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.

Mar 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mar 15:35 And some of them that stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias.

In the NT, the evidence that Jesus spoke primarily "Hebrew", not primarily 'Aramaic', is evident in His appearance to Paul on the road to Damascus:

Act_26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Or we could cite the reference of John in the Gospel and in the Revelation:

Joh_5:2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.

Rev_9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Rev_16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Ummmm, I don’t know HOW to break this to you – but Aramains IS a HERBREW TONGUE.

ALL of the verses that you listed say “Aramaic” in the following translations

NIV,

When the Bible wants to specifically identify a language it is clear as to what languge it refers to:

Dan_2:4 Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.

Ezr_4:7 And in the days of Artaxerxes wrote Bishlam, Mithredath, Tabeel, and the rest of their companions, unto Artaxerxes king of Persia; and the writing of the letter was written in the Syrian tongue, and interpreted in the Syrian tongue.

Act_1:19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

Rev_9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Nowhere, in the NT, do we see that Jesus primarily spoke in 'Syriack'.

Anchor Bible, Vol. 26, Matthew, (195), simply asserts their position, with very little actual evidence of support. It is basically a personal commentary notation section - Anchor Bible. Vol.26, Matthew : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Let's see how true your own statement is:

"HOWEVER – I’ll let these PROTESTANT scholars do the explainin’ for me . ."

Albert Barnes (18th-19th Cent.), also said:

"... the Church of Rome has abused it, and applied it to what was never intended ...", "... Christ did not mean, as the Roman Catholics say he did, to exalt Peter to supreme authority above all the other apostles, or to say that he was the only one upon whom he would rear his church. ..." - Albert Barnes, Matthew 16:18 Commentary

Why do you only quote the part of Barnes which you need him to say, and not the part which entirely distances itself from Romanism's theology?

John Albert Broadus, is also likewise selectively quoted, by leaving out his clear statements which proved my original material on the subject on the so called ECF:

John Albert Broadus speaks of the Romish "... abuse ..." of Matthew 16:18, and it's perversion of doctrine, when he says, "Now apart from the Romish perversion ..." (page 355) - Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew : Broadus, John Albert, 1827-1895 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Why didn't you cite those relevant portions to the matter, which shows the error of the Romanist's position?

Craig L. Blomberg (20th Cent.) writes like a Catholic, though he claims to be Baptist. he uses a lot of similar catholic terminology, and borrows the assumptions of Romanism. However, why do you quote only part of Craig L. Blomberg, and not the parts which detract from the importance you place upon his other words?

"... 99 Interestingly, J. E. Bigane III (Faith, Christ or Peter: Matthew 16:18 in Sixteenth Century Roman Catholic Exegesis [Washington: UPA, 1981]) shows that prior to 1560, even in Roman Catholic circles, there was great diversity of interpretation of this verse, which only later hardened to viewing just Peter as the rock as a counterresponse to Luther's

"n, or Petrine infallibility ...
"... In fact, in Acts, Peter seems to decrease in importance as the church grows ..." (256) - Matthew : Blomberg, Craig : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

It looks to me like your own sources explained that Romanism doesn't have a rock to stand on at all.

Why, as a Romanist, do you cite 18th-20th century persons (called 'protestants', but not really), instead of the vast majority of the ECF, of which all Romanists agree are authoritative in matters pertaining to Christianity as they are interpreted by the official Magisterium of Rome, and it's Curia and 'See'?

Do you think they have any authority, or even any relevance to the discussion at all, for me?

Allow me to assure you, they have none in either case. You might as well be citing Dr. Suess, or some other fiction, as attempting to prove the Romanists point. ""There are rocks in my socks!", said the Ox to the Fox."

Your text above in RED is IDIOTIC.

First, you falsely label ME as a “Romanist” – then you object to the use of the term “Protestants “to describe Protestants. I’m not a “Romanist” – I am a Catholic. - I don't even know what a "Romanist"
Do you see the utter hypocrisy of your statement?

As to your ENTIRE argument against the use of Aramaic – yours is an exercise in total ignorance of languages.

In verses Act 21:40, Act 22:2 and Act 26:14 - the use of the term “Hebrew tongue” (KJV) is “Aramaic” in the Greek text. That’s why several translations including the NIV, NET Bible, Living Bible, Christian Standard Bible, Aramaic/English Bible – ALL use the term “Aramaic” instead.

Strong’s Greek Concordance and Lexicon definition for Act 21:40, Act 22:2 and Act 26:14:
“Hebrew” - the Hebrew language, not that however in which the OT was written but the Chaldee, which at the time of Jesus and the apostles had long superseded it in Palestine

Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary definition:
What does Chaldees mean in Hebrew?

1. (kælˈdiː) / noun : the Aramaic vernacular that was the original language of some parts of the Bible

So, you see – your ENTIRE post is moot.
You are NOT comparing Apples and Oranges – you are comparing Apples with Apples – just diffe4rent colors.

And you can cherry-pick a few Protestant scholars who wrote contradictory statements regarding Matt. 16:18 – but I gave you QUITE a list. So far, you responded to a very FEW of them.

You ALSO ignored the fact that Paul refers to Peter as “Cephas” I his letters, which is the Greek transliteration of the ARAMAIC name “Kepha” that Jesus bestowed on him in Matt. 16L18.
HOWEVER
– that point is completely MOOT now, since I just proved to you that Jesus and the Apostles DID, in fact, speak Aramaic . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken said:
Christ Jesus didn’t establish a “catholic”church.

LOL. No. As usual you are blathering on, void of Scriptural Truth regarding the topic.

Time for YOU to be educated!

Matt 16:
[13] ...Jesus ...asked...
[15] ...whom say ye that I am?
[16] ...the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Oh, oh, oh,....REVELATION...JESUS IS THE CHRIST!

[18] ...upon this (CHRIST) rock I (JESUS) will build my (CHRIST JESUS) church...

Whoop, whoop...TEACH IT Paul!!

1 Cor 10:
[4] ...the rock was Christ.

Christ’s Church IS NOT A BUILDING.
Christ’s Church IS a reference TO THOSE people WHO have been CALLED “OUT OF” this World (not the UNIVERSE! NOR INTO THE UNIVERSE!) “INTO” a relationship “WITH and IN”Christ Jesus!

IN the Bible the word “church” refers to the body of believers
who have given their lives to the Lord, and not to a building in which they may be gathered from time to time.

Every man that HAS come “OUT OF THIS WORLD” and “INTO” Christ, ARE “IN” Christ Jesus’ Church!

* 24-7, no matter WHERE those IN Christ are; home, working, this building, that building, driving, sleeping, at the lake, in a park, etc.
THEY ARE NO LONGER a Creature “OF THIS WORLD”.
THEY ARE A NEW Creature “IN” Christ!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catholic teachings are deceptive .

BOL is lifelong indoctrinated, and laughably thinks snarky, gas-lighting, name-calling comments gives his beliefs merit.
“It’s the elementary mind-set of I’m right because I said so”.
And what to do with the elementary mind-set, but laugh at the silly things unlearned children say and do.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken said:

Christ Jesus didn’t establish a “catholic”church.

LOL. No. As usual you are blathering on, void of Scriptural Truth regarding the topic.

Time for YOU to be educated!

Matt 16:
[13] ...Jesus ...asked...
[15] ...whom say ye that I am?
[16] ...the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Oh, oh, oh,....REVELATION...JESUS IS THE CHRIST!
[18] ...upon this (CHRIST) rock I (JESUS) will build my (CHRIST JESUS) church...
Whoop, whoop...TEACH IT Paul!!
1 Cor 10:
[4] ...the rock was Christ.
And I ALWAYS have to remind you that Jesus is NOT the oinly “Rock” in Scripture.

Abraham is ALSO called “Rock” (Isa. 51:1-2).
Peter
is ALSO called “Rock” (Matt. 16:18). That’s what “Peter” means, Einstein . . .

STUDY your Bible.
Christ’s Church IS NOT A BUILDING.
Christ’s Church IS a reference TO THOSE people WHO have been CALLED “OUT OF” this World (not the UNIVERSE! NOR INTO THE UNIVERSE!) “INTO” a relationship “WITH and IN”Christ Jesus!
You ALWAYS repeat the same idiocy about the Church NOT being a “building”..

WHO said it was??

The Church is the Body of Christ.
IN the Bible the word “church” refers to the body of believers who have given their lives to the Lord, and not to a building in which they may be gathered from time to time.

Every man that HAS come “OUT OF THIS WORLD” and “INTO” Christ, ARE “IN” Christ Jesus’ Church!

* 24-7, no matter WHERE those IN Christ are; home, working, this building, that building, driving, sleeping, at the lake, in a park, etc.
THEY ARE NO LONGER a Creature “OF THIS WORLD”.
THEY ARE A NEW Creature “IN” Christ!
WRONG.

Those who have been BAPTIZED into Christ are part of His Church (Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38)..
MANY of them are self-separated from the Church – they are called, “Protestants”.

There ends the Lesson for the day . . .

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Historical truth prevails
Ultimately, all attempts to prove Catholicism “pagan” fail. To make a charge of paganism stick, one must be able to show more than a similarity between something in the Church and something in the non-Christian world. One must be able to demonstrate a legitimate connection between the two, showing clearly that one is a result of the other, and that there is something wrong with the non-Christian item.

In the final analysis, nobody has been able to prove these things regarding a doctrine of the Catholic faith, or even its officially authorized practices.

Is Catholicism Pagan?
Catholic sources:

[1]

The [Catholic] Church took the pagan philosophy and made it the buckler of faith against the heathen. She took the pagan Roman Pantheon, temple of all gods, and made it sacred to all the martyrs; so it stands to this day. She took the pagan Sun day and made it the Christian Sunday. She took the pagan Easter [in honor of Ishtar] and made it the feast we celebrate during this season ...The sun was a foremost god with heathendom ...Hence the Church would seem to say, ‘Keep that old pagan name [Sunday]. It shall remain consecrated, sanctified.’ And thus the pagan Sunday, dedicated to Balder (Baal), became the Christian Sunday, sacred to Jesus.” - Paulist Fathers “Paschale Gaudium,” in The Catholic World, Volume LVIII October 1893 - , March 1894; page 809 - http://books.google.com/books?id=pg4XAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA809&dq=Keep+that+old+pagan+name&hl=en&sa=X&ei=HQrhT82BNMLI2gXT9KGuCw&ved=0CEYQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=Keep that old pagan name&f=false

[2]

"... It is interesting to note how often our Church has availed herself of practices which were in common use among pagans ... Thus it is true, in a certain sense, that some Catholic rites and ceremonies are a reproduction of those of pagan creeds. ..." - The Externals of the Catholic Church, Her Government, Ceremonies, Festivals, Sacramentals and Devotions, by John F. Sullivan, pp. 156, published by P.J. Kennedy, NY, 1942;

Nihil Obstat:
Arthus J. Scanlan, S.T.D.
Censor Librorum

Imprimatur:
[Maltese Cross] John Cardinal Farley, D.D.
Archbishop of New York

New York, March 27,1918 - https://books.google.com/books?id=-...hich were in common use among pagans"&f=false

[3]

"... The example set by St. Gregory in an age of persecution was impetuously followed when a time of peace succeeded. In the course of the fourth century two movements or developments spread over the face of Christendom, with a rapidity characteristic of the Church; the one ascetic, the other ritual or ceremonial. We are told in various ways by Eusebius, [7] that Constantine, in order to recommend the new religion to the heathen, transferrred into it the outward ornament to which they had been accustomed in their own. It is not necessary to go into a subject which the diligence of Protestant writers has made familiar to most of us. The use of temples, and these dedicated to particular saints, and ornamented on occasions with branches of trees; incense, lamps, and candles; votive offerings on recovery from illness; holy water; asylums; holydays and seasons; use of calendrs; processions, blessings on the fields; sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure, the ring in marriage, turing to the East, images at a later date, perhaps the ecclesiastical chant, and the Kyrie Eleison, [8] are all of page origin, and sanctified by their adoption into the Church.
[7] V. Const. iii. 1, iv. 23, &c.
[8] According to Dr. E. D. Clarke, Travels, vol. i, p. 352. ..." - An essay on the development of Christian doctrine, by Cardinal John Henry Newman, page 373; Longmans, Green, and CO. 39 Paternoster Row, London; New York and Bombay; 1903 - https://books.google.com/books?id=T...ed by their adoption into the Church"&f=false

[4]

“In Germany, after its evangelization, St. Michael replaced for the Christians the pagan god Wotan, to whom many mountains were sacred, hence the numerous mountain chapels of St. Michael all over Germany.” - St. Michael the Archangel, Catholic Encyclopedia - CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: St. Michael the Archangel

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'a city set on a hill cannot be hid"

Pax et Bonum
Surely, it cannot:

iu

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.​

John wrote Revelation. The ruling city was "Rome". A church in Rome, as states Peter:

1Pe_5:13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

One routinely spoke their sermons for centuries, in a language the congregates did not understand.

One routinely speaks their sermons, in a language the congregates do understand.
Joh_7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

1Co_14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

Mar_12:37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

Reactions: Taken

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your men didn't teach you ALL of Scripture:

Daniel 3:52-90, Psalms 136, Mark 11:9

And last but not least: Day and night without ceasing they sing, “Holy, holy, holy, the Lord God the Almighty, who was and is and is to come.”

:Amen:
There is no Dan. 3:52-90. It is apocryphal nonsense.

Psalms 136 is not a prayer. It's a song, with a refrain.

Mark 11:9 is not a prayer. It's a statement of excitment, for a King coming to reign.

Revelation 4:8 is not a prayer. It's a symbolic phrase, in the midst of symbols, showing that all the unfallen kingdoms of the unfallen universe (4 = universal; beasts = kingdoms, and they Heavenly) gives glory to God at all times.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your text above in RED is IDIOTIC.

First, you falsely label ME as a “Romanist” – then you object to the use of the term “Protestants “to describe Protestants. I’m not a “Romanist” – I am a Catholic. - I don't even know what a "Romanist"
Do you see the utter hypocrisy of your statement?

As to your ENTIRE argument against the use of Aramaic – yours is an exercise in total ignorance of languages.

In verses Act 21:40, Act 22:2 and Act 26:14 - the use of the term “Hebrew tongue” (KJV) is “Aramaic” in the Greek text. That’s why several translations including the NIV, NET Bible, Living Bible, Christian Standard Bible, Aramaic/English Bible – ALL use the term “Aramaic” instead.

Strong’s Greek Concordance and Lexicon definition for Act 21:40, Act 22:2 and Act 26:14:
“Hebrew” - the Hebrew language, not that however in which the OT was written but the Chaldee, which at the time of Jesus and the apostles had long superseded it in Palestine

Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary definition:
What does Chaldees mean in Hebrew?

1. (kælˈdiː) / noun : the Aramaic vernacular that was the original language of some parts of the Bible

So, you see – your ENTIRE post is moot.
You are NOT comparing Apples and Oranges – you are comparing Apples with Apples – just diffe4rent colors.

And you can cherry-pick a few Protestant scholars who wrote contradictory statements regarding Matt. 16:18 – but I gave you QUITE a list. So far, you responded to a very FEW of them.

You ALSO ignored the fact that Paul refers to Peter as “Cephas” I his letters, which is the Greek transliteration of the ARAMAIC name “Kepha” that Jesus bestowed on him in Matt. 16L18.
HOWEVER
– that point is completely MOOT now, since I just proved to you that Jesus and the Apostles DID, in fact, speak Aramaic . . .
You are indeed a "Romanist".

Strong's definition is pretty much in total error, and is contradictory to the verses and reasons I already cited. if the Pharisees had been using 'aramaic' they could not have possibly confused Jesus words about "Eloi", for "Elias".

Act 21:40 επιτρεψαντος δε αυτου ο παυλος εστως επι των αναβαθμων κατεσεισεν τη χειρι τω λαω πολλης δε σιγης γενομενης προσεφωνησεν τη εβραιδι διαλεκτω λεγων

Act 22:2 ακουσαντες δε οτι τη εβραιδι διαλεκτω προσεφωνει αυτοις μαλλον παρεσχον ησυχιαν και φησιν

Act 26:14 παντων δε καταπεσοντων ημων εις την γην ηκουσα φωνην λαλουσαν προς με και λεγουσαν τη εβραιδι διαλεκτω σαουλ σαουλ τι με διωκεις σκληρον σοι προς κεντρα λακτιζειν​

Not a single one in the "Greek" read 'syriac' or 'aramaic'.

When the Bible wants to specify a nation or language from another it never confuses the two:

2Ki_18:26 Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebna, and Joah, unto Rabshakeh, Speak, I pray thee, to thy servants in the Syrian language; for we understand it: and talk not with us in the Jews' language in the ears of the people that are on the wall.

2Ki 18:26 καὶ εἶπεν Ελιακιμ υἱὸς Χελκιου καὶ Σομνας καὶ Ιωας πρὸς Ραψακην Λάλησον δὴ πρὸς τοὺς παῖδάς σου Συριστί, ὅτι ἀκούομεν ἡμεῖς, καὶ οὐ λαλήσεις μεθ᾿ ἡμῶν Ιουδαϊτί, καὶ ἵνα τί λαλεῖς ἐν τοῖς ὠσὶν τοῦ λαοῦ τοῦ ἐπὶ τοῦ τείχους;

Dan_2:4 Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.

Dan 2:4 καὶ ἐλάλησαν οἱ Χαλδαῖοι τῷ βασιλεῖ Συριστί Βασιλεῦ, εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας ζῆθι· σὺ εἰπὸν τὸ ἐνύπνιον τοῖς παισίν σου, καὶ τὴν σύγκρισιν ἀναγγελοῦμεν.​

Isa_36:11 Then said Eliakim and Shebna and Joah unto Rabshakeh, Speak, I pray thee, unto thy servants in the Syrian language; for we understand it: and speak not to us in the Jews' language, in the ears of the people that are on the wall.

Isa 36:11 καὶ εἶπεν πρὸς αὐτὸν Ελιακιμ καὶ Σομνας καὶ Ιωαχ Λάλησον πρὸς τοὺς παῖδάς σου Συριστί, ἀκούομεν γὰρ ἡμεῖς, καὶ μὴ λάλει πρὸς ἡμᾶς Ιουδαϊτί· καὶ ἵνα τί λαλεῖς εἰς τὰ ὦτα τῶν ἀνθρώπων τῶν ἐπὶ τῷ τείχει;​

Luk_4:27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

Luk 4:27 και πολλοι λεπροι ησαν επι ελισσαιου του προφητου εν τω ισραηλ και ουδεις αυτων εκαθαρισθη ει μη νεεμαν ο συρος
When the Bible says "Hebrew" tongue/language it means "Hebrew", never 'Syriack', 'Syrian' or 'Aramaic'.

Thus Paul:

Php_3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Php 3:5 περιτομη οκταημερος εκ γενους ισραηλ φυλης βενιαμιν εβραιος εξ εβραιων κατα νομον φαρισαιος​

Paul was not an "Aramaic of the Aramaics", but an "Hebrew of the Hebrews".

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I ALWAYS have to remind you that Jesus is NOT the oinly “Rock” in Scripture.

Abraham is ALSO called “Rock” (Isa. 51:1-2).
Peter
is ALSO called “Rock” (Matt. 16:18). That’s what “Peter” means, Einstein . . .

STUDY your Bible.

You ALWAYS repeat the same idiocy about the Church NOT being a “building”..

WHO said it was??

The Church is the Body of Christ.

WRONG.

Those who have been BAPTIZED into Christ are part of His Church (Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38)..
MANY of them are self-separated from the Church – they are called, “Protestants”.

There ends the Lesson for the day . . .

“The Rock” is CHRIST.
“Christ’s Church” is “The Church”.
“Men “IN” CHRIST”
are “The Church”.

The WAYS of the WORLD IS CORRUPT.
The World’s WAYS is; nations, kings, clerics, heads of households, people, promoting, advocating, immorality, tolerance of abominations, support of immorality and abominations.

The WAY of the Lord God Almighty IS TO COME OUT OF HER.
The WAY of the Lord God Almighty IS TO COME IN TO CHRIST.

TO COME OUT OF HER, MEANS: * STOP *
Advocating, Promoting, Tolerating;
AND Supporting; Immorality, Abominations.

Yes, Jesus established HIS Church.
Yes, Jesus FIRST, MADE some Jews members of HIS Church.

Yes, Jesus SECONDLY, MADE some Gentiles members of HIS Church.
Yes, Jews and Gentiles congregated IN Synagogues.
Yes, Jews and Gentiles were Becoming MADE “IN” Christ’s Church.
Yes, Gentiles CAME OUT, of Synagogues, that REJECTED Christ’s WAY.
Yes, Gentiles built, buildings called Churches.
Yes, Gentiles Churches BEGAN REJECTING Christ’s WAY.
Yes, Gentiles CAME OUT, of Churches, that REJECTED Christ’s WAY.
Yes, Gentiles continue Building Churches.
Yes, Gentiles continue Becoming MADE “IN” Christ’s Church.
Yes, Gentiles continue COMING OUT, of Churches, that REJECT Christ’s WAY.

YOU, have elected to REMAIN, in a Gentile Church Organization, THAT WHICH REJECTS and TEACHES AGAINST Christ’s WAY.

YOU, have elected to DEROGATORILY CRITICIZE, Gentile Church Organizations, THAT WHICH ARE being established According TO: Christ’s WAY.

INDIVIDUAL GENTILES, have elected to SEARCH, SEEK, PARTICIPATE, SUPPORT, Churches THAT WHICH ARE According TO Christ’s WAY........and COME OUT of such Churches, which FAIL to REMAIN IN Christ’s Way.

You, obviously DO NOT, know, recognize, comprehend what COME OUT OF HER means.

HER......IS THE WORLD, HER WAYS, “IS corruption”. “IS following, advocating, supporting HER corruption”
And “NOT” following, advocating, supporting “IN” Christ!

HERE IS YOUR WARNING:

Col 2:
[8] Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

A mix of sad and laughable you think, believe, say that is wrong.
Your attempts, of catholic philosophy, your personal vanity, your personal deceit, your catholic traditions, are rudiments of the world.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

One will STAY with a corrupt organization.
One will COME OUT of a corrupt organization.

Reactions: ReChoired

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

Of COURSE you’d say that because his letters DON‘T show that the 1st century Church looked anything like your Protestant factions.

Your CURRENT catholic church LOOKS NOTHING LIKE Christ’s Church, YET YOU REMAIN “IN HER”.

Protestants.....Absolutely continue establishing Churches IN Christ...

AND WHEN a Protestant Church runs amuck and NO LONGER LOOKS LIKE Christ’s Church...The Congregates COME OUT OF HER...and establish a NEW organization, IN Christ.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You crack me up Taken.

Soooooo The Church relies on the students of the Apostles (Clement, Polycarp and Ignatius) for their guidance on what the Apostles meant when they wrote the NT letters and to "teach and induct members/congregates".

Your Protestant men from the 16th century rely on their personal opinions (they all disagreed with each other) when interpreting "Scriptural Text" to "teach and induct members/congregates".

But in your twisted opinion The Church is wrong for relying on students of the Apostles? And you PROTESTant men are right for relying on each other? That just cracks me up.......You twist logic just the same as you do Scripture......:goodj:
Soooo, according to you your church couldn't rely on the holy Spirit to teach them truth as Jesus promised, showing a lack of faith in Jesus' promise, and you then double down in declaring such a concept as an actual relationship with God through the holy Spirit is impossible for protestants.
It seems to me that a major difference between Catholics and Protestants is that Catholics don't believe a direct relationship with God advisable, even impossible, which explains why they need saints and Mary and dead people to go through instead. Is that right Mary? Catholics don't have a relationship with Jesus at all? I do remember even the Pope suggesting that a relationship with Jesus being not a good thing and advising against it. I can't remember why he would say that.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WRONG.

Acts 9:31 talks about how the Early Church grew throughout the region. The language used here describes the Catholic Church:
“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

Here is the phrase in Greek:
η μεν ουν εκκλησια καθ ολης της ιουδαιας

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “katah-holos”.

Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely
"ekklesia Kata-holos" = CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Do your HOMEWORK . . .

It not only LOOKED like the Catholic Church, had Bishops, Priests who celebrated the Eucharist like the Catholic Church – it was CALLED the Catholic Church.

To quote YOU – ummmm, “LOL.”
The first century church was apostolic. The second century church was Spirit filled and traveled the world as far as they could to preach the gospel... Except for a few individuals here and there, they were all on the same page. Sadly, those few individuals who were drifting into apostasy, the few who John said had even in his time came out from themselves, from within the church, became a multitude, and by the time the Roman empire had abandoned Rome for Constantinople, there remained a large number who saw the political vacuum as an opportunity to incorporate into their religious practise the civil authority as well. The letters from Justinian to the Pope of that time helped create a union of church and state which gathered pace in it's moral and spiritual slide into the Papacy...a persecuting corrupt institution which needed reform but refused. That refusal isn't the fault of the reformers.
And the word of the reformers still echoes thoroughly Christendom... Seek Jesus and repent.

Status
Not open for further replies.