• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A case can be made in holy scripture that baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins is essential to salvation.

Act 2:38, Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39, For the
<conditional> promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Rom 8:30, Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

All one need do is think of the fact that the conditional promise of the Holy Ghost through baptism in Jesus' Name is given to as many as the Lord our God shall call.

If you have not been called then you have not been predestinated to salvation and will not be justified, according to Romans 8:30 (I suppose that you can weasel your way around this by saying that it is speaking in the positive and not in the negative; but the reality is definitely there).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"water saves" is a """"""doctrine of devils"""" its also Galatians 1:8 that tries to replace the Cross and the Blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit, with .. the gospel of water.
"water saves".
And that is JW theology and "cult of the virgin" theology.
Its not of God.

See, you just said that WATER has = the power to save.
Well, only God has the power to save, and He only offers Salvation as the Blood Atonement.
Listen...
God did not come here to shed blood to then be corrected 2000 yrs later by spiritually darkened dark lights that want to preach in public, that "water saves".

What you are teaching-preaching....... denies and contradicts the Cross, and you are going to end up getting rebuked by the HS.

I tried to tell you, i tried to warn you, but you will have it only your way, because you only want to hear yourself talk... so, Selah.

1Pe 3:20, Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
1Pe 3:21, The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Yes indeed, baptism is a symbol that does indeed save us.

It is not the water itself but the symbol that saves.

In that by going underneath the water, we effectively identify with Christ Jesus in His death, burial, and resurrection; and that such is a confession of Jesus Christ before men;

Which is salvational according to Matthew 10:32 and Luke 12:8.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are teaching-preaching....... denies and contradicts the Cross, and you are going to end up getting rebuked by the HS.
No, the Holy Spirit is not going to rebuke me...for what I am saying is very much in line with the Cross.

For I am preaching that we are saved through identification with Jesus' death on the Cross, His burial, and His resurrection.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"water saves" is a """"""doctrine of devils""""
That we do not have indwelling sin is a """""doctrine of devils"""""" and because you believe in that doctrine, you deceive yourself and the truth is not in you (1 John 1:8).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, you just said that WATER has = the power to save.
No; for the only salvational value in the water is in that it provides an accurate representation of death, burial, and resurrection in our identification with that in Christ.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was sent to bring salvation to the world by preaching the gospel, not dunking people in water.
He didn't baptize people personally in Corinth except for the three that he mentioned.

But that many in Corinth were in fact baptized is evident in Acts of the Apostles 18:8.

People were dunked in water as the result of believing the gospel that Paul preached, is what I am saying.

Just as Jesus didn't dunk people personally in John 4:1-2; while the testimony is that He did baptize;

So Paul didn't dunk people personally and yet they were baptized as the result of his preaching.

Even the Philippian jailer was baptized after Paul said to him, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

It was part of the package.

Philip baptized the Ethiopian Eunuch. What was it about Philip's preaching that led the Eunuch to say, "See, here is water. What doth hinder me from being baptized?" (Acts of the Apostles 8:36).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already thoroughly explained your pet verse to you in post #128 and I also properly harmonized Scripture with Scripture before reaching my conclusion on doctrine, but I guess you are unable to see anything beyond your biased church doctrine and there is a reason for that.
"My pet verse" happens to be the answer from God to mankind that ask "what must we do?"

You need to adopt Acts 2:38 as your adopted pet.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does modern Christendom tell us not to use Jesus' name?
And yes, Peter healed in Jesus name, but it was not the words he said that healed people, it was God who healed people, through Peter's faith.
16 By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see.

If a priest baptized you for example, but that priest secretly was an atheist, would his using Jesus' name mean anything at all? This is so simple and obvious. I don't know why you are arguing against it.
When modern Christendom tells us NOT to obey Acts 2:38 verbatim.

They say everything but that.

They hate Acts 2:38, and spend their ecumenical lives trying to make it go away.

....but it just keeps showing up....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all.
See, noone is "saved by water" so, its impossible for me to "think" they are..
However, there is "water cult" theology that teaches that the "water washes away you sin", which is a lie.
And this same water cult theology teaches that its necessary for you to be immersed or sprinkled to receive the Holy Spirit or the Gift of the Holy Spirit.
This also is a lie, that is created by one demonic bible that changed this verse...."born of water" to "born AGAIN of or by water".
So, that teaching is a doctrine of devils., and that bible is cursed of God. Galatians 1:8.
Nobody is saved unless the person is immersed in water having the name of Jesus Christ invoked over them.

You cannot "cult, doctrine of devil or curse" away, adherence to Peter's command at Pentecost to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

You are not better than the Apostle Peter.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying that you believe that WATER caused the= "remission of your sins"?
No, the name of Jesus Christ invoked over me as I was immersed in water.

The power is in the name, in the water.

So, God set it up that way, therefore you cannot be immersed in dust etc., and use Jesus' name.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets look at it again..

Peter when preaching at the Jewish Feast of Pentecost,

1.) The gift of the Spirit was poured out on Peter and the 120, and that was BEFORE he preaches.

As a matter of fact, the first thing he tells them is an explanation for why he is speaking in tongues..

Notice, he was not water baptized first, and neither were the 120.

THEN

THEN........ he begins to talk about Messiah.

After that, you get the "water".

So, what the water cults teach.... is that you get the water first, and in that process, you get what Peter has, tho he and the 120 got it without being water baptized.

Thats not an accident.
Its not an accident that Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as RIGHTEOUSNESS, and he was never water baptized.
And ditto, the dying thief on the Cross.

Its like this reader.
God came here and provides us with the Gift of Salvation, and we receive this Gift by Faith, and our faith is counted AS Righteousness.
That is the "Gospel". The Gospel of the Grace of God, that Paul teaches.. "Justification BY FAith, without works"....And Paul received this true gospel from JESUS., well after Acts 2.

Peter, in Acts 2 didnt have the revelation that Paul had, and that is why in Acts 10 God has to give Peter a VISION that brings him up to speed, as at that time, nearly a decade after ACTs 2:38, ...Peter STILL DIDNT KNOW that Gentiles could be saved.
He learned it eventually..... and by Acts 15 there was general theological agreement between all the Apostles.

What is the moral of Acts 2:38? Its this. Peter can't preach what Peter does not yet Know., and yet, the water cults are still preaching this same message of Water, 2000 yrs after Peter stopped preaching it.
Some are preaching it on this forum, as a matter of fact.
Are you trying to make this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost....

.....irrelevant?

Why are you vehemently opposed to being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins as Peter commanded?

You know, most anti-baptism folks cannot even post or quote Acts 2:38?

It is the strangest thing I have seen in my Christian life.

I can only think of one being that would cause mankind to fight Acts 2:38, and that being is not human.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was sent to bring salvation to the world by preaching the gospel, not dunking people in water.
Is that what you call baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins?

Dunking?

Does your church mock Acts 2:38 using a dunk tank like SNL would do?

Are you that far gone?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's essentially all water baptism is, man.
What water baptism is, is a confession of Jesus before men (see Matthew 10:32, Luke 12:8) in an identification with the Lord in His death, burial, and resurrection.

Evangelist Greg Laurie used to preach that to not confess Him is to deny Him.

I wonder if he would still preach the same thing in light of this information?

Mat 10:32, Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Luk 12:8, Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
Luk 12:9, But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My pet verse" happens to be the answer from God to mankind that ask "what must we do?"

You need to adopt Acts 2:38 as your adopted pet.
I don't cherry pick a pet verse, then ignore the rest. Acts 16:30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

*You need to properly harmonize scripture with scripture before reaching your conclusion on doctrine.

Faith in Jesus Christ "implied in genuine repentance" (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:8,9; 16:31; 26:18). *Perfect Harmony* :)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No; for the only salvational value in the water is in that it provides an accurate representation of death, burial, and resurrection in our identification with that in Christ.

There is no "salvation value" found in the city water supply, or the River Jordan, or the Toilet Bowl.
Understand?
Do not give credit to H20, for the work of the Power of the Blood of Jesus.
Dont be that type of religious heretic....especially in public.
Get away from water cults.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nobody is saved unless the person is immersed in water

Noone is born again by water.
THis means that being dunked, sprinkled, or splashed upon, has no effect on your Sin.

Water can deal with Sin.
If it could, Then Jesus's blood didn't need to be shed.

See, its like this Truther....>"without the shedding of BLOOD, there is no remission, pardon, for sin".

So, the water cults change that verse into a doctrine of devils, and teach it like this...>"there is no remission of sin without being held undersater or sprinkled upon"..

See that?
That is the Devil having a good laugh, knowing that he has created his deceived to theologically replace the BLOOD ATONEMENT with "water".

Can you hear Satan laughing?
Listen carefully.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, the name of Jesus Christ invoked over me as I was immersed in water.

Even for those who are lost in Acts 2:38, we see that Peter is preaching about Jesus and the Jews are hearing this and BELIEVING..

So, following that, they get wet.
Believing comes first, and the water SIGNIFIES their faith.
Thats all it does.

Its like this...>"faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God".
"all that call upon the name of Jesus, shall be saved".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Are you trying to make this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost....
.....irrelevant?.

No, im trying to lead you out of the water cult.

See, as long as you are trusting in water, you can't understand Grace., or the actual "Gospel of the Grace of God".

What you don't realize, is that the NT..... just like the entire bible, is a work of revelation in progress, being revealed.
And what causes heresy, more often then not, is when a person or a denomination stops at a certain point of revelation while God kept going, revealing more.

See, Paul came AFTER Acts 2:38, with a revelation of the Gospel, that Peter didnt have in Acts 2.
Peter got it later.
You still dont have it, because your water cult, does not have it.
See, water cults are stuck in Acts 2, while God moved on through Paul, into "Justification by faith".

So, what im doing with you, and Justbyfaity, and Breadoflife, and Marymog, and about 5 others, is trying to get you out of Acts 2, and into the later Revelation that God brought through PAUL as "the Gospel of the Grace of God.