• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are busted!

You skipped Acts 2:38 completely.

Shame on you!
Nope

I put it all there, I just put it in context

you sir are busted for skipping over what I said, then out of fear or whatever that I may be right, lied about what I said by saying I skipped it.

anyway, though I would give you some help, but I see you are still stuck will continue to pray for you

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope

I put it all there, I just put it in context

you sir are busted for skipping over what I said, then out of fear or whatever that I may be right, lied about what I said by saying I skipped it.

anyway, though I would give you some help, but I see you are still stuck will continue to pray for you
How can you put Acts 2:38 in context by omitting it?

The way to contextualize something is to post it and everything around it.

You did the exact opposite.

Very naughty.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is how you contextualize Acts 2:38...

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

And I did not add a single word of my commentary, but you can clearly see what it says.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a test, not an argument on this post.

Can anyone on this thread post Acts 2:38 for me, just to see if you can do it?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No

them are those who repented and recieved the gift of the spirit,

again the command to repent went to everyone, the command to be baptized only went to some. It is even shown in the old English text, repent ye (plural) and let everyone of you (singular) be baptized

the command to repent went to everyone there

the command to be baptized only went to an induvidual,

who the induvidual is is explained by the term, unto remmision of sin, ie, those who recieved remmision of sin, it’s not rocket science, you just have to do your homework and research the text, it took me many years to figure this out, I pray it does not take you that long

and you are once again proven to be a liar, the parts of my post which are bonded are acts 28

sadly this is not a reportable offense or I would report you for slander,

instead, it is there for everyone who reads our conversation. To see that you are a liar and can not be trusted,

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the command to repent went to everyone, the command to be baptized only went to some.

....be baptized every one of you...

Huh?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the command to repent went to everyone, the command to be baptized only went to some.

....be baptized every one of you...

Huh?
You singular

not you plural

also you third person, not you second person as was the command to repent

Literally Peter said repent (a command given to everyone) , and let each of you be baptized (a command given to select individuals

so do you admit you lied about me now?

which is probably why it was interpreted the way it was.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You singular

not you plural

also you third person, not you second person as was the command to repent

Literally Peter said repent (a command given to everyone) , and let each of you be baptized (a command given to select individuals

so do you admit you lied about me now?

which is probably why it was interpreted the way it was.
Every one of Eternally Grateful?

LOL

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a test, not an argument on this post.

Can anyone on this thread post Acts 2:38 for me, just to see if you can do it?

Act 2:38, Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39, For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Reactions: Truther

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, the name of Jesus Christ invoked over me as I was immersed in water.

The power is in the name, in the water.

So, God set it up that way, therefore you cannot be immersed in dust etc., and use Jesus' name.

God accepts faith, not water.
God is not in the water, He is in the Spirit.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, being buried with Christ by baptism per Romans 6 has nothing to do with being born again?

Exactly.

Water has no role in the new birth.

Water didnt die on the Cross for you.
Water didn't shed its blood for you.

God is not in the water, but rather Jesus is the "living water".
This is not H20

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Peter's water cult?...

Peter didn't create water baptism.
He was just continuing it, as a jew, during that time, as John the Baptist was a contemporary.

The "water cults", have tried to continue what God has replaced, with Paul's theology of "justification by faith", that is actually what was always in play, but, when the "time of the gentiles" arrived, it became "body of Christ' doctrine.
Paul calls this "my gospel".
Its actually this...."Abraham believed God and his Faith is counted as righteousness".
This is why Abraham is the "father of our faith".

Study out Romans 4:16.
You'll note that water is not related to this at all.
From there, you'll have to decide to remain in a water cult, or leave it.
But either way, at least you'll hopefully understand that Faith is what God accepts, and water is irrelevant, regarding being born again.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nope, again I think that you are misunderstanding me. I am saying that the water doesn't have any magical qualities.

You said that water has the power to save.
I didnt say this, you did.
So, ether continue to lie, or stop, but dont keep changing your words to try to hide your water cult mentality, everytime you are proven to have it.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, THEM were those that Peter accused of murdering Jesus.

They were pricked in their heart, not because they were saved, but because they were lost.

They asked Peter.."what shall we do"...

Peter told them to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...to get rid of the guilt.
You just jumped to another chapter.?
We were in Acts 10:

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. 36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. 37 You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

39 “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, 40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.

Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

You didn' like this one, apparently, because it's crystal clear that they had already received the Spirit before being baptized.