• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have prayed that the Lord will give me the victory over @Blood Bought 1953 and his accusations against my doctrine and I believe that He has given me the victory in this thread.

....for all I am hearing from him anymore is crickets.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has made it clear The Gospel he preaches Is pauls Gospel found in 1 Corinthians 15, You are calling that Flase and perverted, Your religion of lucky repentance and water washing has blinded you
His gospel is FALSE and PERVERTED in that he denies that repentance is a necessary thing.

That repentance is necessary is evident in such passages as Galatians 5:19-21, Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41, 1 Corinthians 15:34, Luke 13:1-5, Ezekiel 33:19 and its context in Ezekiel 33:11-20, and more.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is also inherent in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 that because Jesus died for our sins according to the scriptures, His blood is an integral part of our salvation.

And His blood does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9)...it also sancitifes (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

I will leave it up to you to decide whether it is logical that the blood can be applied and not also perform all of its explicit functions.

Can the blood be applied and justify a man and also not sanctify and cleanse him? For the latter is something that the blood of Jesus does in a man when it is applied.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will not sanctify a man against His will...He and the Holy Spirit are a gentleman.

So, He requires repentance (a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan to righteousness, life, heaven, and God) as a prerequisite for being sanctified.

If someone has not turned away from sin, He is also not going to give them a glorified body that is free from the presence of sin when He returns and they go to stand before Him in judgment. Because only their body would be affected and the soul would not be affected. For the soul is affected when we repent.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
His gospel is FALSE and PERVERTED in that he denies that repentance is a necessary thing.

He can speak for himself but we have been through this so many times...Do you hope new people reading don't realize? You know He teaches Repentance, Real Repentance Of Turning To Jesus for Salvation, Not your made up Version Of Self Saving Trying to turn from Your own Sins that Cant Save at all. Repentance Needs perspective Changing of mind or direction needs to be toward something, He says Jesus You Say your own turning away from Sin, He says By Grace Through Faith You Say Self Saving by repenting of all the sins you know, its kinda obvious Its Faith In Jesus Vs Your works

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He can speak for himself but we have been through this so many times...Do you hope new people reading don't realize? You know He teaches Repentance, Real Repentance Of Turning To Jesus for Salvation, Not your made up Version Of Self Saving Trying to turn from Your own Sins that Cant Save at all. Repentance Needs perspective Changing of mind or direction needs to be toward something, He says Jesus You Say your own turning away from Sin, He says By Grace Through Faith You Say Self Saving by repenting of all the sins you know, its kinda obvious Its Faith In Jesus Vs Your works

If anyone is a worker of iniquity when they stand before God, they will be cast into the furnace of fire (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

Repentance means to make a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God.

It means turning away from wickedness and beginning to do what is lawful and right (Ezekiel 33:19 and its context in Ezekiel 33:11-20).

Accusing this as being self-saving is merely an argument that is being leveled against what the holy scriptures teach.

Might I point out that Peter at one time said, "Save yourselves from this untoward generation" (Acts of the Apostles 2:40)?

So, you had better save yourself by receiving the only Saviour as the remedy for a sinful lifestyle (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14). And the only way He is going to be that remedy is if you relinquish the control of your life to Him and let Him take your sins away (1 John 3:5).

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that if you read my words on what I believe is taught in the Bible about water baptism, that you will find that it is not very far from what is written by the Apostolic fathers on the subject.

As for my reading what the apostolic fathers have spoken, I may do that when I am good and ready. For I do believe that I will get a more accurate understanding of sound doctrine by staying with the source, the Holy Bible, the word of God. What was written by the apostolic fathers is not the word of God, it is what men have said about it. I think that I will get a better understanding of the word if I read the word itself rather than what men have said about it. But I am not saying that I will never read the apostolic fathers; only that my reading of the holy scriptures takes precedence over that.
Thanks JBF.

For me I would rather read what someone wrote who actually were taught by the Apostles and LIVED the holy Scriptures since they have first hand knowledge.

I would not trust what someone wrote 1,500 years later who is giving their opinion on what they think the Apostles taught. But that’s just me. :rolleyes:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that if you read my words on what I believe is taught in the Bible about water baptism, that you will find that it is not very far from what is written by the Apostolic fathers on the subject.
Thanks JBF. So you don’t have to (unless you want to) what post of yours can I read that sums up your belief about water baptism? I am truly interested.

Also, thank you for being forthright and not going into an anti-Catholic tirade like some on here. It’s refreshing....

Mary

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what post of yours can I read that sums up your belief about water baptism? I am truly interested.

I have written quite a few posts on the subject in this very thread, if you go back and just look for my posts, they should all be on the subject of baptism.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound just like a catholic, when you teach that nonsense.
So, stop putting the emphasis of the finished work of Christ on the water.
Put it on the Blood, and keep it there.
Lol Behold....you crack me up...Sooooo when someone quotes Scripture to support their beliefs about baptism they sound like a Catholic??? Is agreeing with The Catholic Church on a teaching supposed to be a bad thing??? Because if that were true then there are A LOT of Protestants who agree with Catholic "nonsense". I am willing to be you agree with The Church on some things also.

@justbyfaith (JBF) is a Protestant just like you and @Helen @Charlie24 @charity @Pearl . They liked your belittling response to JBF. :( I thought you Protestants are allowed to read Scripture and come up with your own interpretation of each passage as long as you felt the Holy Spirit was guiding you? Has that changed now that JBF has disagreed with YOU? Why did you belittle JBF when he was practicing what you Protestants preach? I'm confused.....:confused:

Reactions: justbyfaith

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Lol Behold....you crack me up...Sooooo when someone quotes Scripture to support their beliefs about baptism they sound like a Catholic???

@justbyfaith (JBF) is a Protestant just like you and @Helen @Charlie24 @charity @Pearl . They liked your belittling response to JBF. :( I thought you Protestants are allowed to read Scripture and come up with your own interpretation of each passage as long as you felt the Holy Spirit was guiding you? Has that changed now that JBF has disagreed with YOU? Why did you belittle JBF when he was practicing what you Protestants preach? I'm confused.....:confused:

"""""""""""Sooooo when someone quotes Scripture to support their beliefs about baptism they sound like a Catholic??? """"""""

If JBF quotes Jehovah's Witness Theology as His own, he is choosing to do so.
You are correct.
And JW and "cult of the Virgin" both teach that Water is required to be saved. "born again BY Water" is the doctrine of devils that is found in John 3, in your church's "bible".

"""""""""(JBF) is a Protestant just like you They liked your belittling response to JBF. :( I thought you Protestants are allowed to read Scripture and come up with your own interpretation of each passage as long as you felt the Holy Spirit was guiding you?"""""""

JBF is not like Helen, or ME, or Pearl, or Blood Bought, or a few of the Mods, and others on this Forum, regarding our understanding of Salvation.
Showing JBF that water does not save and salvation can't be lost, which are the teachings of LEGALISM, is not "belittling" this person.
Also, Protestants are not to go by "feelings", regarding the bible or anything else that is related to Spirituality.
We are to rightly divide, based on Paul's Doctrine and Teaching.
We are to have our heart established with Grace....this theology, and Truth.
We are to understand this perfectly, and from that LIGHT, the Bible becomes Clear regarding Paul and the NT Doctrine that exposes your water cult, and JBF's, for example.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If JBF quotes Jehovah's Witness Theology as His own, he is choosing to do so.

You continue to misrepresent my doctrine as coming from the JW's.

My doctrine does not come from them, it is based on leanings towards Oneness Pentecostalism.

Showing JBF that water does not save

I have said that it is not the water that saves.

There aren't any magical properties in the water.

It is that going underneath the water is the most accurate representation of being buried and risen with Christ as a confession of Jesus before men.

I know that not a lot of Christians believe in what Matthew 10:32 and Luke 12:8 say about that; nevertheless those verses do teach us that confessing Jesus before men can indeed be salvational.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"""""""""(JBF) is a Protestant just like you They liked your belittling response to JBF. :( I thought you Protestants are allowed to read Scripture and come up with your own interpretation of each passage as long as you felt the Holy Spirit was guiding you?"""""""

JBF is not like Helen, or ME, or Pearl, or Blood Bought, or a few of the Mods, and others on this Forum, regarding our understanding of Salvation.
Showing JBF that water does not save and salvation can't be lost, which are the teachings of LEGALISM, is not "belittling" this person.
Also, Protestants are not to go by "feelings", regarding the bible or anything else that is related to Spirituality.
We are to rightly divide, based on Paul's Doctrine and Teaching.
We are to have our heart established with Grace....this theology, and Truth.
We are to understand this perfectly, and from that LIGHT, the Bible becomes Clear regarding Paul and the NT Doctrine that exposes your water cult, and JBF's, for example.
Behold,

When you tell someone what they believe is "nonsense" that IS belittling. I KNOW you will never admit that or apologize to @justbyfaith but that is just who you are. I am not suggesting that JBF wants an apology. I know if it was me I would feel belittled and hope for an apology but I would extend you grace also.

Sooooooo anybody that disagrees with your interpretation of Scripture on water baptism DIDN'T rightly divide Scripture? THEY didn't have their heart established with Grace (you did)? The bible hasn't become "clear" to THEM but it is clear to YOU? If anyone disagrees with YOUR theology on water baptism THEY are part of a water cult? F A S C I N A T I N G!! o_O

ONCE AGAIN:
I thought you Protestants teach that you can believe whatever you want when you can come to your own "Truth" from Scripture as long as you were guided by the Holy Spirit? Is that not true??????? :rolleyes:

Curious Mary

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks JBF.

For me I would rather read what someone wrote who actually were taught by the Apostles and LIVED the holy Scriptures since they have first hand knowledge.

I would not trust what someone wrote 1,500 years later who is giving their opinion on what they think the Apostles taught. But that’s just me. :rolleyes:
I think that the key to examining what anyone says about scripture is to determine whether they are expounding accurately the meaning of the text (exegeting) or whether they are reading into the text a preconceived notion and doctrine that has been taught to them elsewhere (eisegesis).

If the exposition merely gives added insight into what the text is really saying, perhaps bringing in other scripture and applying the hermeneutic of 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv) to show how even the topical context is applied, then you have an excellent expositor of the word and such things can be trusted.

But if the exposition doesn't seem to fit the meaning of the verse in question, you can be certain that the expositor is performing eisegesis; and this applies also to the Early Church Fathers.

Do not take a person as being authoritative over the fact that they are an early church father; they only have apostolic authority if they are actually apostles (and that conglomeration of writings is a closed canon).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Behold,

When you tell someone what they believe is "nonsense" that IS belittling. I KNOW you will never admit that or apologize to @justbyfaith
ONCE AGAIN: I thought you Protestants teach that you can believe whatever you want when you can come to your own "Truth" from Scripture as long as you were guided by the Holy Spirit? Is that not true??????? :rolleyes:
Curious Mary

You are a bit late to try to rescue Justbyfaith with Mary as Mediatrix.
She can't do it.

Im here over 6 months, and there is never a day im here, that he is not on my Threads preaching against the Cross, teaching his Gospel of Self effort.
So, after 6+ months, its pretty obvious that the person who defines himself as "this Forum's Pastor" and teaches that water saves, needs help.

This fella has never had anyone in his entire life spend more time with him on a FORUM, then me.... trying to help him recover himself from the Book of Hebrews that ruined his faith early on, and now, in the last month, he's completely become obsessed with WATER.
He is the usual example of someone who chases the next doctrine, then the next, then the next.
His latest is the gospel of water water water.
What will the next be? Stick around, and he'll show us.
And that happens to everyone who does not obey Hebrews 13:9

What i can do for you and for JBFaith, is rejoice with you both the instant you both can understand that the "cult of the Virgin", is not in line with the Spirit of God.

And, as far as your opinion that "all protestants can believe what they want"...
Well, its true that God gives us a mind and an intellect and we, all people, can believe what we want.
You did. You believe you should call yourself MARYMother-of-God, on a Christian forum, as if this is normal Christianity.
So to you, who has been indoctrinated by the "cult of the Virgin", ... its obvious what has happened to you.

Reactions: Helen