• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953,

Even a Non-Christian like “ Dear Abbey” had the smarts and the insight and the courage to admit that “ we ALL have secret thoughts that would Shame Hell”

Jesus said, Ye must be born again.

If you are trusting in the blood of Jesus to cover your sins but you have not been changed from the inside out so that you are a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)), you need to question as to whether or not you are truly saved/born again.

If it is true of you that you secretly have "thoughts that would shame hell" then you need to question as to whether you have genuinely been regenerated and renewed by the Holy Ghost (Titus 3:5).

I know that since receiving Christ as my Lord and Saviour, I truly ceased from "having thoughts that would shame hell".

He is most certainly able to do the work in your heart of regenerating and renewing you in the Holy Spirit if you will turn away from your sin and ask Him to cleanse you from all of it (1 John 1:7).

Then you will be born again of the Holy Spirit.

Because if you truly "have thoughts that would shame hell" then personally, I doubt that you have even genuinely been saved (although I am not saying specifically that you are not saved).

Jesus said the following.

Mat 23:25, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Mat 23:26, Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
Mat 23:27, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Mat 23:28, Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

By condemning those whose cup and platter are not clean on the inside, He is teaching us that He is able to cleanse the inside of the cup and platter.

Now read 1 John 1:7 and you will see that I have proven my point.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is something that would be believed by a non-Christian; who has not been regenerated and renewed by the Holy Ghost (Titus 3:5), so that the following isn't true of them.

Tit 3:3, For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

In that it isn't true that they were once these things; because it is true that they still are these things.

While it would be true of those who are regenerated and renewed in the Holy Ghost that these things are no longer true of them.

So you are making the claim that your “ thought life” is 100% pure? Yeah, right.
All I can say is that my hat is off to you .....congratulations.....
I can understand why you reject the same Grace that is saving the rest of us lowly sinners out here....you simply don’t need it, do you? Congratulations again, you are more advanced than Paul Ever was....
“ I am not saying that I have achieved all of the things that I should, or that I have ALREADY ACHIEVED Perfection.....” ( Phil 3:12 )
Again....KUDOS TO JBF......Step aside , Paul.....it’s obvious who we should be following now....you had a good run !

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I can say is that my hat is off to you .....congratulations...

I'm not the one who made it happen...all glory goes to the Lord for the change that He has wrought in me.

I can understand why you reject the same Grace that is saving the rest of us lowly sinners out here....you simply don’t need it, do you?

Of course I need it...I don't sin because I am abiding in Him...and when I do sin, it is because I am not abiding in Him.

So, I desperately need Him (and, even His grace) in order to walk in freedom (John 8:31-36) and victory (1 Corinthians 15:57) over sin.

“ I am not saying that I have achieved all of the things that I should, or that I have ALREADY ACHIEVED Perfection.....” ( Phil 3:12 )
Again....KUDOS TO JBF......Step aside , Paul.....it’s obvious who we should be following now....you has a good run !

Please note that Paul later said (Philippians 3:15) that everyone who is perfect will have this attitude.

I don't claim to be perfect; while there are definitely prolonged moments in my life where I am not even afflicted by temptations.

But there are times when I am tempted; and to be honest with you I don't do so well when those moments arrive.

But when I confess and repent, God so changes my heart again that it will be quite some time before I am even tempted again...and I hope that one day soon it will be a permanent work that the Lord has done in my heart.

For it is written,

Jhn 6:35, And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Jhn 4:13, Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
Jhn 4:14, But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Jhn 7:37, In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Jhn 7:38, He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Jhn 7:39, (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are trusting in the blood of Jesus to cover your sins but you have not been changed from the inside out so that you are a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)), you need to question as to whether or not you are truly saved/born again.

I DO Trust in the Blood Of Jesus to cover my sins.....YOU are the one that doesn’t. I loudly proclaim on an almost daily basis....”NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD”...... that is BLASPHEMOUS to you! When have YOU ever said it? Or even “ hinted” at it ?
And you got the gall to try to lecture to me about “ trusting in the Blood?” You show everyday in your posts where your “ Faith” REALLY lies.....it’s in your Performance...it’s about YOUR Achievements ....NOT what the Blood Of Jesus Achieved......
You give lip-service to the Blood, but in your heart of hearts , your Faith is in your super memory and you super “ Luck” to repent of all your sins before you die. The first half of Paul’s Gospel is “ Jesus died for your sins” ..... you don’t believe that.....therefore you do not believe the Gospel.....you are in trouble.....remember you heard it here.....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I DO Trust in the Blood Of Jesus to cover my sins.....YOU are the one that doesn’t. I loudly proclaim on an almost daily basis....”NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD”...... that is BLASPHEMOUS to you! When have YOU ever said it? Or even “ hinted” at it ?
And you got the gall to try to lecture to me about “ trusting in the Blood?” You show everyday in your posts where your “ Faith” REALLY lies.....it’s in your Performance...it’s about YOUR Achievements ....NOT what the Blood Of Jesus Achieved......
You give lip-service to the Blood, but in your heart of hearts , your Faith is in your super memory and you super “ Luck” to repent of all your sins before you die. The first half of Paul’s Gospel is “ Jesus died for your sins” ..... you don’t believe that.....therefore you do not believe the Gospel.....you are in trouble.....remember you heard it here.....
First you ask me where I have ever said that I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus, as if I never do that; and then you say that I give lip service to the blood of Jesus: thus admitting that I have spoken things to the effect that I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus.

The blood of Jesus does cover our sins...but it does more than that.

It does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9) it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

I am not going to argue with you much further unless you harass me further; because you are obviously beyond any hope of seeing the truth.

You think that Jesus died only to pay the penalty for your sins...while it is Christian teaching that He also died to save us from the power of sin. This is sanctification.

Because I preach sanctification you have accused me of preaching a "FALSE and PERVERTED gospel".

I am fine with you preaching only milk, however. But because I preach things that are a little bit more meaty, you try to condemn me with Galatians 1:7-9 and other passages.

For one thing, if I am truly condemned by that then there is no turning back; for I have already preached the gospel that I preach.

And also, you have violated what Jesus said by telling me that I have violated that passage.

Jesus said,

Luk 6:37, Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

And secondly, in preaching what I am preaching, I am not preaching a different gospel than that of Paul's; for he wrote,

2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

And therefore what Ezekiel said in Ezekiel 33:11-20 is included in Paul's gospel.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I loudly proclaim on an almost daily basis....”NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD”...... that is BLASPHEMOUS to you!

It certainly is not blasphemous to me. I have never said that that is blasphemous to me, nor would I ever say such a thing.

Jesus' life blood is my life blood, as a matter of fact.

If not for His shed blood on the Cross, I would not be redeemed.

However, how many times have you judged my salvation over the fact that I primarily preach the meat of the word?

Nevertheless I know that I know that I know that I am saved; and your judgments of me are not going to stop me from preaching the truth of God's word.

And also, if you continue to oppose me, the following prayer has been said concerning you.

My prayer as concerning those who fight against me on these boards.

Therefore in opposing me you are in all reality opposing yourself.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we understand the un-understandable.
Do we understand the ritual of the Scape Goat?
In the Bible, a scapegoat is one of two kid goats. As a pair, one goat was sacrificed (not a scapegoat) and the living “scapegoat” was released into the wilderness, taking with it all sins and impurities. The concept first appears in Leviticus, in which a goat is designated to be cast into the desert to carry away the sins of the community.
Then Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, and confess over it all the iniquities of the people of Israel, and all their transgressions, all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and sending it away into the wilderness by means of someone designated for the task. The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to a barren region; and the goat shall be set free in the wilderness.
How did that work? Sins transferred to a goat? Are we going to be able to explain it? Are we going to be able to visualize it? No. We are not going to be able to explain it and our understanding of it is all going to wrapped up in what we call a miracle.

Do we understand the miracle of the Menorah?
As the Maccabees searched for pure oil to light the menorah with, they found just one cruse of pure oil which still had the seal of the High Priest, the symbol of pure oil. This cruse contained just enough pure oil to keep the menorah lit for one day. In order to make pure oil however, individuals making the oil must be in a state of spiritual purity. Being soldiers returning from the battlefield, the Maccabees were deemed impure, and therefore could not make pure oil. Since the process of ritual purification after touching a corpse lasts seven days, the Maccabees could only produce additional pure oil after eight days: seven days of becoming pure including one day, once pure, to actually make the oil. Therefore, the Maccabees would have been unable to light the Menorah for seven days before the completion of new pure oil. Miraculously, the one days worth of oil in the cruse lasted for all eight days, and by that point new pure oil was ready.
We are not going to be able to explain it and our understanding of it is all going to wrapped up in what we call a miracle.

Do we understand the transfiguration? Christ talking to Moses and Elijah that had passed on. How did that happen? If we were watching Him, would we have been able to see how He did it? Did He have a time travel machine? Did He do a dance and some hocus pocus stuff? No. We are not going to be able to explain it and our understanding of it is all going to wrapped up in what we call a miracle.

Do we understand the bunny out of the hat---fish out of the baskets? The feeding of five thousand. When the Apostles were carrying those baskets around and they looked down in those baskets, did they see the fish materializing? Was it like little clouds of mists and as they reached down into that basket did they have to feel around for the fish or was an Angel handing them a fish? Do we understand how that was happening? Can we visualize it? No. We are not going to be able to explain it and our understanding of it is all going to wrapped up in what we call a miracle.

When Yeshua brought Lazarus back to life, do we understand how that happened? Where was His soul? Do we understand what a soul is? Do we know what a soul looks like? Can we visualize that soul returning to Lazarus' body, His flesh reassembling to a living state? No. We are not going to be able to explain it and our understanding of it is all going to wrapped up in what we call a miracle.

Do we understand how killing God's Son makes things right between God and us? Sin is disobedience of God's will. Sin is a transgression against God. The OT sacrifices made some sense...if you transgress against God, you are going to lose something that you have, that is some value to you, you are going to pay something to prevent the wrath of God....Wrath of God, God's wrath is legendary. In the NT this concept changes drastically.
You break your neighbors fence and the way to make up for that is to kill his son? Does that concept make sense to you? Do we understand how Yahweh's death...His blood setup a condition / process for the forgiveness of sins....? If we were looking at the crucifixion would we understand or see what that blood was doing to forgive sins? Is it a requirement to understand to be eligible for forgiveness? We are not going to be able to explain it and our understanding of it is all going to wrapped up in what we call a miracle.

The ritual of bread and wine...communion. Christ said if you do not do this, there will be no life in you. " Truely truely, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves....He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me and I in him." Eternal life ... forgiveness of sins is one thing, but eternal life is important too. "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day." So if you do not eat His flesh and drink His blood, does that mean you do not abide in Christ and He in you. If you do not eat His flesh and drink His blood, does that mean He will not raise you on the last day.
Yeshua was talking to Jews, but the Bible only documents the reaction of His Apostles and His disciples. The Jews probably just walked away shaking their heads because this would be seriously sacrilegious to them. Paganism...cannibalism. His Apostles expressed their dismay and His disciples left and never walked with Him again. But this was so important that Christ did not back down, His own Apostles would accept it or leave too.
Then at the Last Supper Christ said, This is my body and this is my blood. He did not say that this symbolizes My body and My blood. Or that this is like My body and My blood.
Why was this so important that Christ would risk losing all that followed Him, all that believed in Him? And then what happened at the Last Supper? How did that bread and wind make it so that they had eternal life? How did that bread and wine cause them to abide in Christ and He in them? Was it really necessary? Was Christ joking around about it? Can we know exactly how that worked? Can we visualize it. No. We are not going to be able to explain it and our understanding of it is all going to wrapped up in what we call a miracle.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then we come to Baptism. It is water, what can water do? What does immersing someone in a Christian ritual do? Get you wet? Getting wet signifies that you are Christian? Getting wet washes away your sins? Is it necessary? What happens if you do not do it? What happens if you die before you do it? What happens if you do not believe that baptism does anything? What happens if you do not believe that baptism miraculously washes away your sin and are born again?
The Bible says a lot about baptism and it is put in motion in the storyline. People felt an urgency to be baptized...seeking out water. Romans 6:4 explains it this way...Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. And Colossians 2:12 explains it like this...Buried with him in baptism, wherein also you are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who has raised him from the dead. Is baptism important? Acts 22:16 explains this way....And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.
Does Baptism wash away sins?
Mark 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
Luke 3:3 He came into all the region around the Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for remission of sins.
Matthew 3:6 Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.
How did that work even for John the Baptist?
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Biblical references to Baptism....
Topical Bible: Baptism
What does it mean to be born again? How do you do that? Christ does not get into a detailed explanation of this. We know that baptism is very important and we know by the storyline that there was a sense of urgency to get it done. And we know that the early writers of Christianity...Early Church Fathers that were disciples of the Apostles uniformly linked Christ's statements on born again with baptism. Water baptism is the way, they said, that we are born again and receive new life—a fact that is supported elsewhere in Scripture (Rom. 6:3–4; Col. 2:12–13; Titus 3:5). No Church Father referred to John 3:5 as anything other than water baptism.
But still how does all this work? How does the miracle of Baptism work? There are Protestant denominations that actually say at baptisms that it is merely a public display that one believes in Christ. No miracle. But the Bible does not say that Baptism is a public display. Everything in the Bible points to the importance of baptism, both as statements and the urgency in the storyline.
Do we have to understand how baptism washes away our sins for it to wash away our sins? Do we have to understand the difference between baptism washing away or sins and Christ's sacrificial death "paying" for sins? What the Bible does explain is that salvation is a process. Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Now there are people that believe that salvation is a thought away. A single thought of belief accomplishes the totality of salvation. Believe and carry on as you were. But the Bible makes it clear that salvation is a process, that has more than one step. As Christ said, Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?
Belief in Christ as Lord and Savior + repentance + baptism + communion.
What does each element do? Do they over lap? What connection does baptism have with the Holy Spirit? How does that play into being born again? Is it really each an individual thing that saves us, forgives our sins and we are born again? How much of it is tied together? Debating on this does that and that does this, does it really mean we are missing the point of the goal? Is it up to us to decide what each element does?
Now which one can you leave out? Can you be saved without believing in Christ? Can you be saved without repentance? Can you be saved without baptism? Can you be saved with out communion? Communion to me is the interesting one. Can you be saved and not abide in Christ and He not abide in you? Can you be saved without eternal life? What good is saved if you do not have eternal life? And what is saved like, if He does not raise you up on the last day? I don't want to know.
But still, how does any of this actually work? What is the functionality of it all? Can we begin to comprehend it? All these things I have discussed here are miracles, well beyond our capacity to understand...comprehend... explain? Because we do not know exactly how they work. Do we want to question them? Do we want to deny the miracles of the elements of salvation? Do we want to leave some of them out? Go ahead, let me know how it turns out for you? Baptism is not the only miracle of salvation. The NT is full of miracles, either you believe or not.
And as far as the belief of water baptism being a cult? How do you respond to such an absurd thought? The whole New Testament and 2000 years of beliefs regarding water baptism, remission of sins, born again...Apostles, disciples of Apostles, and early Christian writers and Christian writers throughout the centuries.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two words for you.....” Pfffftttt”.......oops, that may have been just “ one” word.That would make that a lie......No fear....I’ll just “work it off” in the Magical World Of Purgatory......Anybody that believes in that Satanic , Damnable Farce should not lecture others about “ Learning Scripture”.....The very iDEA Of Sinners paying for their own sins after death ,to make themselves “worthy” of entrance to Heaven , SPITS on the “ One Time Offering of Sin” and the TOTAL Redeeming Value Of That Blood....
Satan smacks his lips when he thinks of all the people who got damned by him because of
“ that” delusion ! He must constantly Roll his eyes, thinking to himself, “I can’t “ BELIEVE” anybody actually “BOUGHT” that Hog Wash!
Anybody that buys into to the lie Of Purgatory ( and that is just one example if the Tripe That catholics Believe ) , shows a COMPLETE ignorance of who Jesus is and what He accomplished at the Cross. COMPLETE IGNORANCE. And the catholic Brain Washing is so demonically effective , it’s a pure Miracle that anybody ever escapes it and gets Saved.....thank God, some do .....I will be praying for you and your fellow deluded, Romanist friends...... a person can get Saved DESPITE the catholic “ church”...... I’ve seen it happen...and trust me, it is RARE......
Hi BB53,

What does Pffffttt mean? I tried to find it in the dictionary and couldn't find it so I think you are wrong about it being a word. Definitely wrong about it being two words. The very first sentence you wrote in your post was wrong and everything you wrote after that was a bizarre rant that consisted of your opinion. Sooooooo thank you for your opinion and I will see you in purgatory!!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give me access to what was written by the Apostolic fathers and I am certainly open to reading it.

I will treat it the same as the Bereans treated the teaching of Paul when he preached to them, however.

And you should do the same.
Hi JBF,

Give you access??? Huh?? Are you asking me for access to what was written by the Apostolic Fathers??? Ummmmm......Google can give you that access!!! I will attach a link if that is what you are asking for: Resource for Writings of the Apostolic Fathers - Theology - Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (goarch.org)

The Bereans didn't know about Jesus so they searched Scripture to see if what Paul was telling them about Jesus being the 2nd coming (the new Messiah) was true. They determined that Jesus matched up with all the prophecies and they then became Christians.

Since this thread is about water baptism (water cults) would you care to dive into (pardon the pun ;)) what the Apostolic Fathers wrote about baptism? Do it the Berean way and see if it what the Apostolic Fathers wrote matches up with what you already believe about water baptism? The only problem I see is you already have your bias on what you believe about baptism so you really won't be "treating it the same as the Bereans treated the teaching of Paul". They didn't have a pre-conceived bias about Jesus because they didn't know him until Paul told them about him.

Mary

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi BB53,

What does Pffffttt mean? I tried to find it in the dictionary and couldn't find it so I think you are wrong about it being a word. Definitely wrong about it being two words. The very first sentence you wrote in your post was wrong and everything you wrote after that was a bizarre rant that consisted of your opinion. Sooooooo thank you for your opinion and I will see you in purgatory!!

Lol.....keep that sense of humor.....you’re gonna need as you are being tortured in your Pretend Purgatory.....
Meanwhile , the TRUE “ Chief Of Sinners” ,Good ol’ BB ( step aside , Paul you got it Wrong On “ That” one, lol ...) will be enjoying his Eternal Reward with Jesus, simply because he RESTED in His Gospel Of Grace and never Added to it......He was one Helluva Sinner , But God took his Faith in Nothing But The Blood and Just as God promised, He took BB’s Faith and counted it as Righteousness.....Jesus got BB’s Sins , even the ones he never Repented Of, and BB GOT Christ’s Perfection—- no need to pay for “ Anything” in the Satan-Created Purgatory...... Grace sure is Unfair, isn’t it ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi JBF,

Give you access??? Huh?? Are you asking me for access to what was written by the Apostolic Fathers??? Ummmmm......Google can give you that access!!! I will attach a link if that is what you are asking for: Resource for Writings of the Apostolic Fathers - Theology - Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (goarch.org)

The Bereans didn't know about Jesus so they searched Scripture to see if what Paul was telling them about Jesus being the 2nd coming (the new Messiah) was true. They determined that Jesus matched up with all the prophecies and they then became Christians.

Since this thread is about water baptism (water cults) would you care to dive into (pardon the pun ;)) what the Apostolic Fathers wrote about baptism? Do it the Berean way and see if it what the Apostolic Fathers wrote matches up with what you already believe about water baptism? The only problem I see is you already have your bias on what you believe about baptism so you really won't be "treating it the same as the Bereans treated the teaching of Paul". They didn't have a pre-conceived bias about Jesus because they didn't know him until Paul told them about him.

Mary

I think that if you read my words on what I believe is taught in the Bible about water baptism, that you will find that it is not very far from what is written by the Apostolic fathers on the subject.

As for my reading what the apostolic fathers have spoken, I may do that when I am good and ready. For I do believe that I will get a more accurate understanding of sound doctrine by staying with the source, the Holy Bible, the word of God. What was written by the apostolic fathers is not the word of God, it is what men have said about it. I think that I will get a better understanding of the word if I read the word itself rather than what men have said about it. But I am not saying that I will never read the apostolic fathers; only that my reading of the holy scriptures takes precedence over that.

...Jesus got BB’s Sins , even the ones he never Repented Of,

Grace as a license for immorality (Jude 1:3-4, NIV)

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What kind of a Fool desires “ a License for Immorality?”

That would be like taking Grace and using “it” as a “ License to Sin”

I suppose one could obtain a License to stick their hand in a fire . Who would ever want one? It’s the same way getting a “Permission Slip” to Sin......Since I became a New Creation in Jesus Christ.....Sin has Lost it’s appeal....I suspect it has something to do with that Transformation of the “ inside if the cup” thingy....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What kind of a Fool desires “ a License for Immorality?”

That would be like taking Grace and using “it” as a “ License to Sin”

I suppose one could obtain a License to stick their hand in a fire . Who would ever want one? It’s the same way getting a “Permission Slip” to Sin......Since I became a New Creation in Jesus Christ.....Sin has Lost it’s appeal....I suspect it has something to do with that Transformation of the “ inside if the cup” thingy....
However, your contention is that we all have "secret thoughts that would shame hell" including yourself; so, how are you going to turn around and say that the inside of your cup has been truly cleansed?

And if your cup has not been cleansed (for you were born dead in trespasses and sins), this idea that you purport that "Jesus got BB's sins even the ones he never repented of" does in fact translate into a license for immorality/sin...

btw, it is not sins that we are to repent of...it is sin.

We are to repent of walking in the direction of sin, death, hell, and satan; and we are to begin walking towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God.

So, it is not that you have to pinpoint every sin that the law condemns and repent of each one individually; it is that you are to repent of living a lawless and sinful lifestyle.

When you do this, you are declared righteous by God if you have begun to trust that the blood of Jesus is the remedy, not only for the penalty of your sins, but for the sin itself (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14). You have begun a walk in which you will be sanctified by the Holy Spirit as He pinpoints those specific sins in your life that need to be dealt with.

And because you are walking in the direction of righteousness, you will not commit those sins any more from the moment that He pinpoints them in your life.

And I am also not saying that you have to be walking perfectly as concerning every sin or else you are not redeemed. What matters is that you have made that 180-degree change in direction.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, your contention is that we all have "secret thoughts that would shame hell" including yourself; so, how are you going to turn around and say that the inside of your cup has been truly cleansed?

And if your cup has not been cleansed (for you were born dead in trespasses and sins), this idea that you purport that "Jesus got BB's sins even the ones he never repented of" does in fact translate into a license for immorality/sin...

btw, it is not sins that we are to repent of...it is sin.

We are to repent of walking in the direction of sin, death, hell, and satan; and we are to begin walking towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God.

So, it is not that you have to pinpoint every sin that the law condemns and repent of each one individually; it is that you are to repent of living a lawless and sinful lifestyle.

When you do this, you are declared righteous by God if you have begun to trust that the blood of Jesus is the remedy, not only for the penalty of your sins, but for the sin itself (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14). You have begun a walk in which you will be sanctified by the Holy Spirit as He pinpoints those specific sins in your life that need to be dealt with.

And because you are walking in the direction of righteousness, you will not commit those sins any more from the moment that He pinpoints them in your life.

And I am also not saying that you have to be walking perfectly as concerning every sin or else you are not redeemed. What matters is that you have made that 180-degree change in direction.

I gave this a quick read....a lot of it sounds good on the surface ....however, I know you pretty well by now , so before I get carried away thinking that you may have abandoned your Doctrine Of “ Lucky Repentance” for Salvation......let’s go through this tired scenario again.....

I bump my head.....I shout out the worst obscenity you could ever imagine.....instantly I drop over dead from aheart-attack....I did not have the time or “ luck” to Repent from that Sin.....am I damned?
A simple YEs or no will suffice.....it will tell me all that I need to know, lest I get carried away , falsely thinking you finally Repented Of your Erroneous Doctrine....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The very first sentence you wrote in your post was wrong and everything you wrote after that was a bizarre rant

How about instead of just offering up an opinion, you present some chapter and verse....can you? I doubt it ....
Purgatory is a Satanic fairy tale, non-existent in Scripture.....so good luck with your lost cause.....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave this a quick read....a lot of it sounds good on the surface ....however, I know you pretty well by now , so before I get carried away thinking that you may have abandoned your Doctrine Of “ Lucky Repentance” for Salvation......let’s go through this tired scenario again.....

I bump my head.....I shout out the worst obscenity you could ever imagine.....instantly I drop over dead from aheart-attack....I did not have the time or “ luck” to Repent from that Sin.....am I damned?
A simple YEs or no will suffice.....it will tell me all that I need to know, lest I get carried away , falsely thinking you finally Repented Of your Erroneous Doctrine....

I will let the holy scriptures give you your response of either yes or no...

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

On the other hand, if we are in Christ, our sins are covered; we are not under the law (Romans 6:14, we are dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and we are delivered from the law (Romans 7:6) as concerning condemnation.

These scriptures seem to contradict each other (Ezekiel 33:11-20 vs. the verses in Romans and Galatians) until you realize, that in Romans 8:1 (kjv), the person who is in Christ is defined as someone who walks not after the flesh but after the Spirit.

And that the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in those who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bump my head.....I shout out the worst obscenity you could ever imagine...
Such a thing would be bad fruit and would identify you as a "wolf-in-sheep's-clothing" (Matthew 7:15-20).

You tell me if a wolf-in-sheep's-clothing is going to heaven.

Mat 7:15, Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16, Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17, Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18, A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19, Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20, Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will let the holy scriptures give you your response of either yes or no...

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

On the other hand, if we are in Christ, our sins are covered; we are not under the law (Romans 6:14, we are dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and we are delivered from the law (Romans 7:6) as concerning condemnation.

These scriptures seem to contradict each other (Ezekiel 33:11-20 vs. the verses in Romans and Galatians) until you realize, that in Romans 8:1 (kjv), the person who is in Christ is defined as someone who walks not after the flesh but after the Spirit.

And that the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in those who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4).

Provide a condensed version of this and I might actually read it....life’s too short....