Do you agree these things should be done in the churches?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
well, there is only one Church, but i digress..

I would like to know if you approve of some of these things currently being done in the churches, things never done b4. If you are tired or lazy, you can just post the number corresponding to the "doctrine/practice change"

1. women ordained priests/ministers
  2. homosexuals ordained
  3. homosexual "marriage" condoned
  4. abortion condoned
  5. divorce and remarriage condoned

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those are liberal Protestants endorsing those things and I think main stream Protestants are abhorred by it. Personally, I blame it on individualism. Monitoring the rate of moral decay is almost impossible, but I think things are getting worse. The pressure to gradually comply with secular standards will, at the end of the day, fragment Protestantism worse than it already is.

Pro-abortion-rally.jpg

Methodist, Episcopal clergy ‘bless’ Cleveland abortion clinic in prayer service
If you or anyone you know has had an abortion, this is a must see: http://hopeafterabortion.com/

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
kepha31 said:
Those are liberal Protestants endorsing those things and I think main stream Protestants are abhorred by it. Personally, I blame it on individualism. Monitoring the rate of moral decay is almost impossible, but I think things are getting worse. The pressure to gradually comply with secular standards will, at the end of the day, fragment Protestantism worse than it already is.Methodist, Episcopal clergy ‘bless’ Cleveland abortion clinic in prayer service

If you or anyone you know has had an abortion, this is a must see: http://hopeafterabortion.com/
the Catholic Church is no stranger to division, to say the least. We have many Cahtolics voting Dem when they know there are hardly any dems who are pro life

Then there are the seda vecantus (spelling) folks... and i am wondering if i will join their ranks.. this pope is... uh... yeh... words fail

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ScaliaFan said:
the Catholic Church is no stranger to division, to say the least. We have many Cahtolics voting Dem when they know there are hardly any dems who are pro life

Then there are the seda vecantus (spelling) folks... and i am wondering if i will join their ranks.. this pope is... uh... yeh... words fail
The CC does not tell people who to vote for. Pro-life organizations will make a list of pro-life candidates but the decision remains with the voters. They have the freedom to vote wrong, or the Church would be accused of meddling in politics.

Sede Vacante is a radical cult and have been excommunicated. Pope Francis is a humble and holy man, and a great Pope. You should read what he actually says, not what the media says. There are plenty of Catholic news sites where you get the full context.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
heretoeternity said:
The pope maybe a wonderful person, but is he "infallible" as the Roman church keeps telling us??
he doesnt have to be.. unless he is acting ex cathedra...

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
kepha31 said:
The CC does not tell people who to vote for. Pro-life organizations will make a list of pro-life candidates but the decision remains with the voters. They have the freedom to vote wrong, or the Church would be accused of meddling in politics.

S
if the Cathlic Church is the ONE Church Christ founded, it can indeed "tell people what to do" or "meddle" as you call it. Does God "tell ppl what to do?"o

He has the right

so does His Church

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
yeh, notice how protestants dont want to "go there"

b/c they know the Catholic Church has them beat on moral issues

the RCC never has backed down on these issues... homosexuality.. abortion, even artificial b/control

which of course is a greater evil than most people realize.. and opened the door to abortion.. teaches our young that sex is just for fun, doesnt need to be taken seriously.. responsibility? Ha... forget that... the baby can die.. i must be free to do my hedonistic stuff....