Do you understand that your old man of filth hates the water of the Word?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
When we are led of our flesh we will know it because we will not be able to get our flesh to read the Word of God, nor allow the Word to wash us.
We will fight the truth of the Word when ever it is exalted to our eyes and turn to our carnal nature to ridicule the one who brings Christ to our eyes and ears. The flesh is enmity towards God because it is not subject to Christ nor can it be in subjection to the Word for it is anti- Word because it loves the dark deeds and does not want the Light to shine and expose it's works.
For our flesh man follows another spirit that teaches lawlessness allowing seducing spirits to guide us to things that oppose Christ but feel good to the flesh.
Matt 26:41
41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
KJV
John 3:6-7
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
KJV
Rom 8:5-10
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
KJV
Gal 4:29
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
KJV
Gal 5:16-21
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
KJV

Jesus told Peter, if you do not let me wash you, you have no place in ME! Be planted BY the living Water, next to and literally. For the Word and wisdom of God she is the Tree of LIFE.

Heb 11:3
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV
Prov 3:13-19
13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
16 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
19 The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.
KJV

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
clark thompson said:
We will always struggle with sin as long as we are in the flesh.
Praise The Lord that we have Jesus as our advocate.

1Jo 1:9

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our]sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Trumpeter said:
Praise The Lord that we have Jesus as our advocate.

1Jo 1:9

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our]sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Greetings my brother Trumpeter!

And Praise the Lord for His Spirit who helps us to be overcomers of our flesh who cleanses us with the Word to take away our sins so we do them no more.

Rev 2:7
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
KJV
Rev 3:21-22
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
KJV

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
afaithfulone4u said:
Greetings my brother Trumpeter!

And Praise the Lord for His Spirit who helps us to be overcomers of our flesh who cleanses us with the Word to take away our sins so we do them no more.

Rev 2:7
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
KJV
Rev 3:21-22
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
KJV
Since Jesus knew no sin, then just what did He overcome? I have been saying all along that you are assuming this is about sin. But just what are we to overcome? In Heb.10:39, the author states that (we) are not of those who draw back to perdition but of those who believe to the saving of the soul. In most of the new testament concerning the attaining of eternal life, the passage tells us that it is attained through faith. Examples...John 3:16, John 5:24, Acts.2:21, 16:31 Rom. (long list in Rom.) 1:16, 3:22, 4:24, 5:1, 10:4, 10:9,10, !0:11-13 Gal.3:5, 3:14, 3:22, Eph. 2:8 Heb 4:3

In the letter to the Galatians, Paul rebuked them and corrected them for adding the works of the law for justification. He wrote a whole letter dedicated to the teaching as to why faith must not be mixed with law for justification.

As well, in his letter to the Philippians, Paul in ch.3 went into a discourse about his past, that he was a pharisee who had impressive credentials and zeal, and even said he was blameless concerning the righteousness found in the law (vs.6). Then he exclaimed that he deliberately counted all these advantages a loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus (vs.8), continuing in vs 9, he said this..." and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith"

It was predicted that in the latter days there would be an attack on faith, just as in Paul's day. I see this attack alive and flourishing on websites such as this. I urge those fellow readers to overcome this attack and hold fast to the faith which was once delivered to us, even contending for it (Jude3).

We cannot be judged by the law if we are not under the law. But place yourself back under its judgment, and you will surely be found guilty of all.

Jesus was tempted in three areas. John mentions these three in 1John 2:16. They are called the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. In all three areas, Jesus overcame by placing His dependency on His Father God. The temptation was to try to cause Him to place His trust in Himself to gain something. This is the same temptation we are to overcome. Concerning eternal life, we need to maintain our dependence on God and not on ourselves. The pride of life is at stake. Those who boast, those who exalt themselves, will be humbled. ( Luke 18:10-14).

The irony is that in all three areas of temptation, those things offered to Him were already His. So why are we also being tempted to gain something we already have? hmmmm? He who has the Son (by faith) HAS LIFE (John 5:24)...and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. (John5:24, in case you missed it).

REV.12;11...." AND THEY OVERCAME HIM BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB, THE WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY, AND THEY LOVED NOT THEIR LIVES TO THE DEATH." We overcome also by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. Jesus said.." He who seeks to save his own life will lose it. But he who loses it for My sake will gain it" So my brothers and sisters, resist the temptation to love your own life by trying to save your own life. Let it go. Salvation is His work, not ours. Receive it.