Doctors of the Church: St. Athanasius of Alexandria

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is truly God and truly man.
Those whom deny his deity as Lord and God will also be denied by him.
Matthew 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Colossians 2:9
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Thank you, good video.
It is a fine line we must walk.

Reactions: Johann

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went and downloaded the other videos on the Doctors of the Church.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus is truly God and truly man.
Those whom deny his deity as Lord and God will also be denied by him.
Matthew 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Colossians 2:9
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Thank you, good video.
It is a fine line we must walk.
Only a pleasure.
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Few bother to know, instead they follow men that tickle their itching ears; to hear they are ok outside of " what thus saith God"!
Again-good to know our Church history-Arian versus Athanasius-how they believed and how we can search the Scriptures.
I know of people who can quote and memorize the whole Bible-yet far from God and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Shalom to you and family.
Johann.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Again-good to know our Church history-Arian versus Athanasius-how they believed and how we can search the Scriptures.
I know of people who can quote and memorize the whole Bible-yet far from God and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Shalom to you and family.
Johann.
Among evangelicals, 30% reject the deity of Christ, 42% believe that God accepts the worship of all religions, and 25% believe that God counts a person as righteous because of his works (not because of one’s faith in Christ). As Americans, we live in a community that is dominated by roman catholicism. In this sermon, Mike Gendron visits Revolve and outlines the sufficiency of the Bible and the sufficiency of Jesus Christ.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Among evangelicals, 30% reject the deity of Christ, 42% believe that God accepts the worship of all religions, and 25% believe that God counts a person as righteous because of his works (not because of one’s faith in Christ). As Americans, we live in a community that is dominated by roman catholicism. In this sermon, Mike Gendron visits Revolve and outlines the sufficiency of the Bible and the sufficiency of Jesus Christ.

The bible makes it clear we are justified by both faith and works. Faith only for those that can't work. Works are required for those that can work.

Also Catholics believe Jesus is God. They proclaim the trinity. I know this because I watch morning Mass daily.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The bible makes it clear we are justified by both faith and works. Faith only for those that can't work. Works are required for those that can work.

Also Catholics believe Jesus is God. They proclaim the trinity. I know this because I watch morning Mass daily.
You do?

Thanks
J.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do?

Thanks
J.
Hmmm, videos that I'm not going to watch. And sermons from people I really don't trust. @Johann I'm not Catholic, but I know the peace and love I feel from watching the daily Mass. I recognize God's spirit blessing me. I don't believe all that they preach, but it is still mostly a positive experience for me.

You can bash on Catholics all you want, I'll leave that between you and God which it is since you're doing it publicly to others.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hmmm, videos that I'm not going to watch. And sermons from people I really don't trust. @Johann I'm not Catholic, but I know the peace and love I feel from watching the daily Mass. I recognize God's spirit blessing me. I don't believe all that they preach, but it is still mostly a positive experience for me.

You can bash on Catholics all you want, I'll leave that between you and God which it is since you're doing it publicly to others.
Don't misunderstand-this is not "bashing" Catholics-and brother-what you do and what I do are two different things-

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watch the video-or listen to what is being said.
J.
Let me get this right, you want me to spend an hour watching a video before I can decide whether it is correct or wrong? It's about two things the Catholics got wrong. An hour @Johann for two statements.

I'll let you in on a secret: I think if someone has to create hour long video statements to convince someone of two statements, then they are really putting a lot of effort into selling that point. I don't really want to be sold anything. I can decide what to buy if it presented in an acceptable way in an acceptable time frame.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Let me get this right, you want me to spend an hour watching a video before I can decide whether it is correct or wrong? It's about two things the Catholics got wrong. An hour @Johann for two statements.

I'll let you in on a secret: I think if someone has to create hour long video statements to convince someone of two statements, then they are really putting a lot of effort into selling that point. I don't really want to be sold anything. I can decide what to buy if it presented in an acceptable way in an acceptable time frame.
Really not my problem-we have too many "couch potatoes"

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So you can't tell me what two things Catholics got wrong to have an simple discussion?
Two things?
Since you are not willing to give this video clip a listen-

Ep 100 | Catholicism vs. The Bible with Mike Gendron | Redeeming Truth-

Why don't you go to the site and read?

-and after reading-we can have a "simple discussion" Who is Mike Gendron? DO you know?

And is the Mass propitiatory?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two things?
Since you are not willing to give this video clip a listen-

Ep 100 | Catholicism vs. The Bible with Mike Gendron | Redeeming Truth-

Why don't you go to the site and read?

-and after reading-we can have a "simple discussion" Who is Mike Gendron? DO you know?
Probably wont. So I have to visit a site or watch a video? To have a discussion on "this" site. OK, well I'll leave you to it @Johann.