Does anyone else think we're close to America collapsing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I think many of you are a little (extremely) overly fixated on the demise we are creating for this particular nation as being somehow, "the end-times", I do think that if we don't get our heads out of the sand — and VERY soon — there is not much of a future left for the United States as we know it. Oh, the country will remain, and people to live in it, (many of them, you younger people posting right here) but it will no longer be a great nation. We are rushing to turn ourselves into just another Venezuela.

The world is not ending. It is simply that other nations will take our place, and we will become a peoples oppressed and ruled by them. And it ain't just 7 short years of Hell on Earth you have to look forward to. It is going to be decades and decades of servitude and degradation.
We will probably have to learn to speak Chinese or something! Boy, once they call us on our debt to them.....

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only good thing about being 73 is that I will not have to endure what is coming for so many young people. And it will be that way for a good part of their lives.

Reactions: LC627

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only good thing about being 73 is that I will not have to endure what is coming for so many young people. And it will be that way for a good part of their lives.

The upside is that for those young people who give their lives to Christ, the true church will eventually begin growing exponentially, far surpassing what it is now. Right now the church's biggest problem is her prosperity (Revelations 3:14-22). Many have been deluded into thinking that earthly prosperity is automatically a sign of spiritual prosperity, which is unfortunately not the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know about you but I wish I'd lived in a different era. I feel uneasy - a deep uneasiness within my spirit that something is going to happen, but it hasn't yet.

Hello my friend.
Maybe your "unease" is the feeling that the life as you know it may end suddenly. It well might.
While our natural mind is screaming " Why doesn't 'someone' wake up and stop the foreign invasion.."...our spiritual man knows that everything we have learned that 'will happen' is indeed beginning to happen.

It has to be in someones generation...why not ours?

I do believe that "we are it"...would my natural man prefer it happened to someone else? YES. Do I at 76 enjoy an easy quiet life...YES.
BUT that said....WE here are obviously the chosen generation!!
I may not live long enough to see it all happen...probably long enough for the bad bits...probably not long enough for the Glory Of His Plan part.

It is a bit like the dentist...no one enjoys the experience of going through it , but the fearful anticipation of what is ahead is usually easier when we are actually going through it. :)

If I may say, without sounding judgemental ...I believe you focus too much on what may happen to the physical body ....rather then focus on the Glory of His Kingdom. Just saying. Maybe change your focus a wee bit.

Bless you ...Helen

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like a line that Willie posted.

"The world is not ending"

If we look with the right eyes we can see that "in God" there will be a major change of government....HIS!! :D

Nothing that is precious is 'ending' .....but after the darkness a great CHANGE is coming!! :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i challenge anyone reading this to state a single metric that suggests the world is worse off than it was 100 or 1000 years ago
your perspectives reveal where your heart is, and you certainly can't hide it, so at least use the info imo
if you fear America collapsing you have made a confession--you have done a brave thing, especially in a Christian forum imo--now go all the way and rebound/change, as we are instructed. The cure is "pluck your eye out, it is better to enter the kingdom with one eye."
i could suggest 5 diff ways one might do this, or i guess the web can too, dunno

Reactions: Truth and Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that goes for every country!!

We should be rejoicing...His light is on the horizon!!
.."Behold the Bridegroom cometh..go ye out to meet Him!!"
Praise the LORD.
I think that people in other countries notice the world. But it seems our friendly neighbours to the south (those with a map or globe can see who I'm speaking of ;) ) only see their own country and mistake that for the world.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wish God would get it over with. The U.S. has become a cesspool.
God has a designated time for His judgments. This is not the time since the Gospel must be preached in all the world to every creature. That is where our focus should be. Not calling down judgment on sinners (as did the Sons of Thunder).

Reactions: Helen

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've turned into a police state, we're being surveilled, losing manufacturing jobs, and the culture has just degraded quickly. It looks to me as if America is circling the drain. Do others get a sense that something is about to happen? I keep thinking that we cannot go on like this. I found a good site that explains some things:

Who Is the Antichrist?

The antichrist is anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ.
1 John 2:22 -Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist-denying the Father and the Son.

I wish our nation / world wasn't filled with so much evil. I love our nation and feel blessed to live here but I know that things here (and around the world) will go down hill even more than they are now. Society is changing, God is completely left out and mocked by many. Believers around the world need to prepare themselves for greater hardships as times go on. This is to be expected. Continue to be the light, the salt, and city upon the hill.

Personal opinion... The world does not revolve around America. There are many, many nations in the world where Believers are facing incredibly more difficult situations than we are here. Living a faithful Christian life in Iran or North Korea would be a real struggle. Sometimes we over exaggerate our hardships. Are things bad? Yes, but not as bad as it could be nor as bad as some of our brothers and sisters in Christ experience. They would come here in a heartbeat if they could. So, I always try and keep that perspective in my mind.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but I know that things here (and around the world) will go down hill even more than they are now.
foregone conclusion, huh?

the eye is the lamp of the body
LC
since you're here you may as well name what metric you are using, that the world is going all downhill in and all i guess

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
since you're here you may as well name what metric you are using, that the world is going all downhill in and all i guess

Are 'we' speaking generally or spiritually? The we being you and us/me , LC627 etc

Back in the old the nations didn't even know God, and those that did were not interested in serving Him. I'm not sure I read much about a such a blatant, open aggressive hate for Him and all that He stands for.... 'back then' they were just not interested. Today they delight in openly hating everything He stands for...and at the moment that battle they are advancing and winning...and I do believe that all Christians and even those who "we" do not believe are "real Christians" ...will be caught in the same destruction facing the Believer.

I do think that this is worse then it ever has been.
There have always been religious wars...but that is what they were... religion. I am talking Believers , because they name His name...heading for destruction by them.

.....H

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Are 'we' speaking generally or spiritually? The we being you and us/me , LC627 etc

Back in the old the nations didn't even know God, and those that did were not interested in serving Him. I'm not sure I read much about a such a blatant, open aggressive hate for Him and all that He stands for.... 'back then' they were just not interested. Today they delight in openly hating everything He stands for...and at the moment that battle they are advancing and winning...and I do believe that all Christians and even those who "we" do not believe are "real Christians" ...will be caught in the same destruction facing the Believer.

I do think that this is worse then it ever has been.
There have always been religious wars...but that is what they were... religion. I am talking Believers , because they name His name...heading for destruction by them.

.....H
then pls state what metric you are using, whereby the world is getting worse Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
then pls state what metric you are using, whereby the world is getting worse Helen

Spiritually it is getting worse, darker and more evil...satan is angry and scared as he knows it end is close...

The physical world we live in, I am not interested in...statistics are easily manipulated....and not a good or true measure...

Reactions: pompadour

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what utopia you're living in if you believe it's getting better or that it is even good.

What metric are you using that's telling you otherwise?

The world has been evil since the Fall, there is nothing new under the sun. But with that there is an increase in immorality that is being accepted that usually wasn't so popular. You don't have to look far to see the evil and impurity in the world. But I guess to you that's just "fake news" lol.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've turned into a police state, we're being surveilled, losing manufacturing jobs, and the culture has just degraded quickly. It looks to me as if America is circling the drain. Do others get a sense that something is about to happen? I keep thinking that we cannot go on like this.

Circling the drain....has been going on for a great number of years....and expected as a sign in latter days, is for the rejection of the Lord to be revealed exponentially, world-wide.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: LC627

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Not sure what utopia you're living in if you believe it's getting better or that it is even good.

What metric are you using that's telling you otherwise?

The world has been evil since the Fall, there is nothing new under the sun. But with that there is an increase in immorality that is being accepted that usually wasn't so popular. You don't have to look far to see the evil and impurity in the world. But I guess to you that's just "fake news" lol.
boy, dunno, maybe i'm not watching enough news, as you say
but tbh imo one should maybe not look so far, if that is what they are seeing?
so now i get to pick the metric, should we go prosperity/starvation index, oppression index, population index, murder index...i mean none of these are going to work for you i guess, and i'm running out of indexes. quality of life index maybe? i dug these up, one appeal to you?

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, the Morality Index, here we go
Morality Index
wow, who knew

Ah man, you forgot one...

2 Timothy 3:2-4 - People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God

Reactions: brakelite and Taken