Does anyone else think we're close to America collapsing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't fall into your blue foggy dream ...

Ok, Benjamin. One more try before I give up on you, seeing as how you might be able to redeem yourself: Since you supposedly know what I believe, and that am "Catholic in spirit" (whatever that means, LoL): What's my position on Revelation, Chapters 17-18?

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"... The question has been raised whether it be lawful for the Church, not merely to sentence a delinquent to physical penalties, but itself to inflict these penalties. As to this, it is sufficient to note that the right of the Church to invoke the aid of the civil power to execute her sentences is expressly asserted by Boniface VIII in the Bull "Unam Sanctam". This declaration, even if it be not one of those portions of the Bull in which the pope is defining a point of faith, is so clearly connected with the parts expressly stated to possess such character that it is held by theologians to be theologically certain (Palmieri, "De Romano Pontifice", thes. 21). The question is of theoretical, rather than of practical importance, since civil Governments have long ceased to own the obligation of enforcing the decisions of any ecclesiastical authority. This indeed became inevitable when large sections of the population ceased to be Catholic. The state of things supposed could only exist when a whole nation was thoroughly Catholic in spirit, and the force of papal decisions was recognized by all as binding in conscience. ..." - CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Pope

Reactions: brakelite

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer the question please. If you know what I believe, even on the subject of Catholicism alone, answer the question.
I did already. You are "catholic". Differences of opinion on Revelation exist within Roman Catholicism, just consider Hans Urs von Balthasar's Casta Meretrix.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men being eternal beings, meet their judgement before God after death. Nations being temporal, meet their judgement during their existence. Germany met theirs and Japan. America has been complicit in the deaths of 61,000,000 unborn babies. God has been evicted from everything. God's chosen, Israel did not escape. America won't either. Never has there been a time when so many stood against God and cheered evil and injustice. It's sobering to observe this slide to who knows what. It's a fearful thing.

Mercifully He placed Trump to slow the slide. But America will never see the greatness of the WWII years when all prayed, wept, mourned, worked and pulled together.

He will only allow His Holy name to be blasphemed for so long. Even a blind man can see the demise.

Reactions: amadeus and Truth

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not for staunch "catholics" who love the spirit of "catholicism". It is for those interested in truth.

So now I'm not interested in the truth because you can't answer my question. I'm very interested in knowing what you think my interpretation of Revelation Chapters 17-18 is. Why can't you tell me?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm glad you see it too. I've been reading Revelations - not as much as I should, but enough. Then I read the verse describing the last days: 2 Timothy 3:1-5 .....'This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.'

I just don't know how anyone cannot read that and look around at the contemporary scene and not see it.
those who do not want to see will not see that which is obvious as a train smash to those who do

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him