• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have your sin, then you are not born again, so, do what that 1: John 1:9 verse is telling the unbelievers to do, and confess.

If you are born again, then Jesus has your sin.. 2000 yrs ago on the Cross.......as "God hath made Jesus to be sin for us".... and.... "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God"., is your status for eternity.

You need to understand that you can't be "in Christ", and have sin.
You can be "one with God" and have sin.
You can be "seated in heavenly places" and have sin".

So, if you are born again, then Jesus has your sin, and 2 Corinthians 5:19... and Romans 4:8... say that God was in Christ not counting your sin against you, and you are blessed to be that one.

READ THE VERSES, Lisbeth, before you come back here with more blind cut and paste.
Thx.

If you are born again, then this means that Christ has your sin, and that is why God does not charge sin to you.

You dont confess what Christ has dealt with, that God does not charge you with, Lizbeth.
You DENY the truth of God's word & make up your own theology from fracturing Paul's epistles!

If ALL you have is Paul, then I pity you !

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those were Jesus' instructions to believers.....to those who do know Him, not to those who don't know Him.
Amen
..to those who do KNOW Him, not to those who don't know Him.

How can one know him if they exclude HIS, JESUS CHRIST, gospel & his other Apostles written words!

Reactions: Lizbeth and Johann

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Being born again can't change by bad behavior, as it's only caused by a BIRTH in the Spirit through/by the Holy Spirit.
Being born again, has certainly changed my bad behaviour....but, it took years to understand...our minds need to be renewed, as you have spoken about.....I was still thinking in the flesh, you know, all about ME!!....

We need to die to self and live for Christ....which all takes time, ....making fun of people ego,pride, it’s all about self, until you die to that, you will never grow in Christ in that area, i was stuck in my bad behaviour for years and years......thank God I learnt through the Holy Spirit what that meant, ...once God speaks to your spirit, it’s there permanently......I’m in Jesus and I know that now in my spirit....I’m not in “ SELF” anymore.

I thank God for you @Behold , the Holy Spirit has taught me so much through you!

We should be walking in the Spirit....not in “ self” which profits nothing....the flesh thinking should die daily....it’s the renewing of our minds, that is our responsibility,imo/ belief.

God’s Spirit is a Living Spirit,.....we are blessed that he sent Jesus to the cross, so that we can be reunited back to him, through Jesus, via the Holy Spirit, he Lives in us.

I will wait for you to correct me if I’m in error,@Behold

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Being told to "be holy" is the same as exhorting one to "be sanctified," or to "be righteous."
Don't know if you are aware of this-

The participle has the force of an imperative. The Christians needed to be warned against conformity to the manners and morals of their countrymen, which were incompatible with their new faith (see 5:2-4).

The use of σχῆμα in Isa 3:17, perhaps assists the use of συσχ. in connection with lusts.-ἐντῇ ἀγνοίᾳ ὑμῶν.

It was a Jewish axiom that the Gentiles were ignorant (Acts 17:30; Eph 4:17 f.). Christian teachers demonstrated the equal ignorance of the Jews (Peter, Acts 3:17; Paul, in Rom.). So Jesus had pronounced even the teachers of Israel to be blind and promised them knowledge of the truth (John 8:32 ff., cf. interview with Nicodemus); whereas speaking to the Samaritan woman He adopted the Jewish standpoint (4:22)-cf. 2Kin 17:29-41 with Isa 2:3; Baruch. 4:4, μακάριοί ἐσμεν Ἰσραὴλ ὅτι τὰ ἀρεστὰ τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῖν γνωστά ἐστιν.
Vv. 15 f. The command Ye shall be holy for I am holy is connected originally with the deliverance from Egypt and the distinction between clean and unclean, which lays down the principle of separation involved in the Exodus (Lev 11:44-46, etc.; cf. Isa 52:11).

St. Peter combines the Scripture with the Word of Jesus for κατὰ τὸν … corresponds to ὡς of Matt 5:48. Gentiles needed God's summons before they could regard Him as their heavenly Father; hence Him that called you.

Compare Deut 18:13 (whence τέλειος of Matt. l.c.) where also contrast with abominations of the heathen.-ἅγιον is better taken as predicate than as substantive, since ὁ καλέσας (καλῶν) is well-established as a title of God in His relation to Gentile Christians (cf. 2:9, etc.).-ἐν πάσῃ ἀναστροφῇ, cf. 1:18, 2:12, 3:1, 2, 16; Tobit 4:19, ἴσθι πεπαιδευμένος ἐν πάσῃ ἀ. σου.

The corresponding verb, ἀναστρέφεσθαι is found as rendering of הלך in the same sense (Prov 20:7, ἀναστρέφεται ἄμωμος); both verb and noun are so used in late Greek authors (especially Epictetus).-γενήθητε become as you were not or show yourselves as you are; the latter sense suits ἀ. which is distinctively outward behaviour.

Be ye holy, &c. Quoted from Lev_11:44. See also Lev_19:2; Lev_20:7.

Because it is written (dioti gegraptai). “Because (dioti stronger than hoti below) it stands written” (regular formula for O.T. quotation, perfect passive indicative of graphō). The quotation is from Lev_11:44; Lev_19:2; Lev_20:7. Reenforced by Jesus in Mat_5:48. The future esesthe here is volitive like an imperative.
ἔσεσθε

Transliteration: esesthe
Morphology: V-FIM-2P
Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's no.: G1510 (εἰμί)
Meaning: To be, exist.
Transliteration: Hagioi
Morphology: Adj-NMP
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's no.: G40 (ἅγιος)
Meaning: Set apart by (or for) God, holy, sacred.

Be ye holy; for I am It is ME you have to do with Ye are mine We are too prone to have respect unto men Be ye holy; for I am. It is ME you have to do with. Ye are mine. We are too prone to have respect unto men (Calvin). Since I am the fountain of holiness, being holy in my essence, be ye zealous to partake of holiness, that ye may be as I am (Didymus). The creature is holy only in so far as it is sanctified by God. God, in giving the command, is willing to give also the power to obey, through the sanctifying Spirit (1Pe_1:2).
JFB.

Saints (40)(hagios = set apart ones, separated ones, sanctified ones, holy ones) is literally a holy one and properly means different, set apart, distinct, holy. It describes one who is set apart for or by God and can be brought near or into God's holy presence. "Its fundamental idea is separation, consecration, devotion to the service of Deity, sharing in God's purity and abstaining from earth's defilement." (Zodhiates)

So depending on the context hagios refers to whoever or whatever is set apart (sanctified) for a special purpose.

Friberg summary of hagios -

(1) of things set apart for God's purpose dedicated, sacred, holy (Mt 4.5), opposite koinos (not consecrated, common);

(2) of persons holy, pure, consecrated to God (Lk 1.70);

(3) of supernatural beings, as God (Jn 17.11), Christ (Lk 1.35), the Spirit of God (Mk 12.36), angels (Mk 8.38) holy;

(4) superlative - most holy, very pure or sincere (Jude 1:20);

(5) as a substantive; (a) the Holy One, as a designation for God (1 Jn 2.20) and Christ (Mk 1.24); plural - the holy ones, as a designation for angels (1Th 3.13 ); as human beings belonging to God saints, God's people, believers (Acts 9.13); (b) neuter - what is holy, what is dedicated to God (Mt 7.6); as a place dedicated to God sanctuary, holy place (Heb 9.1); plural - holy place, (outer) sanctuary (Heb 9.2); most sacred place, inner sanctuary, very holy place (Heb 9.3) (Analytical Lexicon)

W E Vine on hagios

HAGIOS from the same root as hagnos (found in hazō, to venerate), fundamentally signifies separated (among the Greeks, dedicated to the gods), and hence, in Scripture in its moral and spiritual significance, separated from sin and therefore consecrated to God, sacred.
(a) It is predicated of God (as the absolutely Holy One, in His purity, majesty and glory): of the Father, e.g., Luke 1:49; John 17:11; 1 1Pet. 1:15, 16; Rev. 4:8; 6:10; of the Son, e.g., Luke 1:35; Acts 3:14; 4:27, 30; 1 John 2:20; of the Spirit, e.g., Matt. 1:18 and frequently in all the Gospels, Acts, Romans, 1 and 2 Cor., Eph., 1 Thess.; also in 2 Tim. 1:14; Tit. 3:5; 1 Pet. 1:12; 2 Pet. 1:21; Jude 20.
(b) It is used of men and things in so far as they are devoted to God. Indeed the quality, as attributed to God, is often presented in a way which involves Divine demands upon the conduct of believers. These are called hagioi, saints, i.e., ‘sanctified’ or ‘holy ones.’ This sainthood is not an attainment, it is a state into which God in grace calls men; yet believers are called to sanctify themselves (consistently with their calling, 2 Ti 1:9), cleansing themselves from all defilement, forsaking sin, living a holy manner of life, 1 Pet. 1:15; 2 Pet. 3:11, and experiencing fellowship with God in His holiness. The saints are thus figuratively spoken of as “a holy temple,” 1 Cor. 3:17 (a local church); Eph. 2:21 (the whole Church), cp. 5:27; “a holy priesthood,” 1 Pet. 2:5; “a holy nation,” 2:9.

“It is evident that hagios and its kindred words … express something more and higher than hieros, sacred, outwardly associated with God; … something more than semnos, worthy, honourable; something more than hagnos, pure, free from defilement. Hagios is … more comprehensive. … It is characteristically godlikeness” (G. B. Stevens, in Hastings’ Bib. Dic.).

The adjective is also used of the outer part of the Tabernacle, Heb. 9:2; of the inner sanctuary, Heb 9:3, 9:24, 25 (plural), of the Presence of God in Heaven, where there are not two compartments as in the Tabernacle, all being “the holy place;” Heb 9:8, 12 (neuter plural); Heb 10:19, “the holy place,”of the city of Jerusalem, Rev. 11:2; its temple, Acts 6:13; of the faith, Jude 20; of the greetings of saints, 1 Cor. 16:20; of angels, e.g., Mark 8:38; of apostles and prophets, Eph. 3:5; of the future heavenly Jerusalem, Rev. 21:2, 10; 22:19. (Vine's Expository Dictionary)

Saints have been supernaturally set apart (sanctified by the Holy Spirit, 1Pe 1:2+; 2Th 2:13, Ro 15:16+, Acts 20:32+, Acts 26:18+, 1 Cor 1:30, 6:11) for a special purpose (cp Ep 2:10+ - see also God's Masterpiece, Mt 5:16+, Php 2:15+), set apart from the world (Gal 6:14+, cp Jas 4:4+, 1 Jn 2:15+, 1 Jn 2:16+, 1 Jn 2:17+), the power of Sin and the fallen flesh (Ro 6:6+, Ro 6:11+, Ro 6:12, 13, 6:14+) and the dominion of the devil (Col 1:13+, Acts 26:18+, Heb 2:14, 15+) and unto God (Ro 14:7, 8, 9+).

Hagios is Paul's favorite description of believers and designates the believer's position in Christ (see discussion of in Christ and in Christ Jesus) as holy or set apart from that which is secular, profane, and evil and dedicated unto God, His worship and His service (note order - worship before service, cp Mary and Martha - Lk 10:38, 39, 40, 41, 42+).

Saints are now to live in this present evil age (Gal 1:4) in a manner which reflects what we were redeemed and "re-created" to be (1Pe 2:24, 25+; cp 2 Cor 7:1+) --- holy ones in character (character is what God knows we are; reputation is who other people think we are) and conduct, set apart by God to be exclusively His possession (1 Cor 6:19, 20+, Titus 2:14+) manifesting holiness of heart.

Contrary to some religious teachings, the Bible itself never uses the word hagios or saint to refer to a "special class" of believers who are a "notch above" the rest. We are all equal at the foot of His Cross! (cp 2 Cor 3:5,6+, saints have "a faith of the same kind" as Peter! - 2Pe 1:1+)

To reiterate, those who are holy in position (in Christ) now have the responsibility (and the power) to live holy in their experience (Christ like). Positional holiness is tantamount to justification, while experiential holiness represents progressive sanctification (growth in holiness or Christ likeness). (See related topic - Three Tenses of Salvation)

Reactions: marks

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again, has certainly changed my bad behaviour....but, it took years to understand...our minds need to be renewed, as you have spoken about.....I was still thinking in the flesh, you know, all about ME!!....

We need to die to self and live for Christ....which all takes time, ....making fun of people ego,pride, it’s all about self, until you die to that, you will never grow in Christ in that area, i was stuck in my bad behaviour for years and years......thank God I learnt through the Holy Spirit what that meant, ...once God speaks to your spirit, it’s there permanently......I’m in Jesus and I know that now in my spirit....I’m not in “ SELF” anymore.

I thank God for you @Behold , the Holy Spirit has taught me so much through you!

We should be walking in the Spirit....not in “ self” which profits nothing....the flesh thinking should die daily....it’s the renewing of our minds, that is our responsibility,imo/ belief.

God’s Spirit is a Living Spirit,.....we are blessed that he sent Jesus to the cross, so that we can be reunited back to him, through Jesus, via the Holy Spirit, he Lives in us.

Lol.
You need for the Spirit & God's word to "correct" any misunderstanding or false interpretation of thoughts in the word....not a man!

Stop being tossed about. Do some serious studying in God's word instead of searching sites to back up your, if you have any, thoughts.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol.
You need for the Spirit & God's word to "correct" any misunderstanding or false interpretation of thoughts in the word....not a man!

Stop being tossed about. Do some serious studying in God's word instead of searching sites to back up your, if you have any, thoughts.

Romans 16:17-18 New International Version (NIV)
I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites.

In Jesus Name...Amen!

• Haha
Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A walk in darkness is a choice especially when one is offered a light..........

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok up to you jackrosie, rosiejack or any other name you come up with RJ.

A walk in darkness is a choice especially when one is offered a light.
The true word of God.

Proverbs 17:27-28 Amplified Bible (AMP)
He who has knowledge restrains and is careful with his words, And a man of understanding and wisdom has a cool spirit (self-control, an even temper).

Proverbs 26:4-5 New Living Translation (NLT)
Don't answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are. Be sure to answer the foolish arguments of fools, or they will become wise in their own estimation.

2 Timothy 2:23
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.

New Living Translation
Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights.

English Standard Version
Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels.

Berean Standard Bible
But reject foolish and ignorant speculation, for you know that it breeds quarreling.

1 Peter 5:8​

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:”

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Amen.

The renewed mind.....is as you are understanding it Ritajanice....... its the lack of "how i think i am",... = Its getting out of that mind... that has been replaced by "how God say's i am".

THAT is the mind we are to have at all times...

A.) How does GOD see me......is how I SEE ME., from now on.

God says..>... "Made righteous"...... "new Creation in Christ".....>>"Daughter of God"....."Born again"....... "Heir of God"...."Joint heir with Jesus.

God told us...

"As JESUS is....so are the born again in THIS WORLD""".......

That is how God sees us at all times, because that is the "new Creation in Christ".

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You DENY the truth of God's word & make up your own theology from fracturing Paul's epistles!

If ALL you have is Paul, then I pity you !

If you had done this... Keturah..

Paul said..>"be a follower of me as i follow Christ".....then you would have spent your "Learning Theology" years, not in a Cult, and not up to your eyeballs in Cult commentaries, but you would have studied Paul's epistles......
You didn't....so dont try to kid me.

But i did. and still do.

My Theology is Paul's Theology, and people who know Paul's theology, will hear me, instantly, and clearly.
Paul received His Theology from "Jesus Himself", not from a "church father" or a "cult", or a "denomination".

People who are not of Paul's Theology, will hear..>"what is that".????.. ""That is not works to be saved"".... .That is not "confessing sin "... That is not "trying to keep myself saved".. That is not water baptism"", That is not "how to lose salvation", ..."that is not arguing about the Trinity".. "that is not trying to prove that Hell is not torment"....
So, those people, can't hear Paul, so, they can't hear me., until they hear me, and then they can hear Paul.
That the reality.
Paul is our NT Teacher in the "time of the Gentiles" and we are in it., reader..

Read :

Romans 3:21-28 and Romans 5....and Hebrews 13:9......., and if you learn those verses, you'll recognize my THREADS, and Posts.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen.

The renewed mind.....is as you are understanding it Ritajanice....... its the lack of "how i think i am",... = Its getting out of that mind... that has been replaced by "how God say's i am".

THAT is the mind we are to have at all times...

A.) How does GOD see me......is how I SEE ME., from now on.

God says..>... "Made righteous"...... "new Creation in Christ".....>>"Daughter of God"....."Born again"....... "Heir of God"...."Joint heir with Jesus.

God told us...

"As JESUS is....so are the born again in THIS WORLD""".......

That is how God sees us at all times, because that is the "new Creation in Christ".
Thank you Brother, the Holy Spirit has confirmed what I believed through you...Praise God!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thank you Brother, the Holy Spirit has confirmed what I believed through you...Praise God!

The Holy Spirit always Gives all credit for Salvation, OUR Salvation, to JESUS.....on the CROSS. as There is found the Blood and the Death of THE SAVIOR... who took all our sins away and keeps us "BLOOD BOUGHT"....>"SAVED"...>>"Forever".

The Lord's Resurrection proves its TRUE.

The Holy Spirit will never give credit for our SALVATION< to "works" "commandments", "law" "water baptism", or anything that isn't the CROSS of the HOLY Christ".

Real Christians preach and teach. "CHRIST CRUCIFIED" as THE Gospel of the Grace of God.

= Pauline Theology

See that?

= Accept NO substitute.

So....
That is how you filter out (spot) the heretics., as Heretics will never give Jesus THE CHRIST....ALL the CREDIT...due Him alone, for saving them, and..
= keeping them saved.

The Holy Spirit does........and they do not.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So....
That is how you filter out (spot) the heretics., as Heretics will never give Jesus THE CHRIST....ALL the CREDIT...due Him alone, for saving them, and..
= keeping them saved.

The Holy Spirit does........and they do not.
Amen!!....

Reactions: Behold

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold
You have zero discernment, zero teaching skills & I'm done with the both of you.......
But beware.......all ain't what it seems

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My Theology is Paul's Theology, and people who know Paul's theology, will hear me, instantly, and clearly.
Paul received His Theology from "Jesus Himself", not from a "church father" or a "cult", or a "denomination".
Amen!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold
You have zero discernment, zero teaching skills & I'm done with the both of you.......
But beware.......all ain't what it seems

Just learn that Salvation is the Cross of Christ, that is a GIFT, that you can't earn or keep.

You receive it by Faith, and God and Christ take it from there.

"God who began SALVATION IN YOU......will HImself be faithful to COMPLETE IT".

This is the Gift of God,...it is our Redemption through the Blood of Jesus. "to all who BELLIEVE"

This is the new Covenant.

This is. """ the GOSPEL of the Grace of God.""

= Paul's Gospel

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To reiterate, those who are holy in position (in Christ) now have the responsibility (and the power) to live holy in their experience (Christ like). Positional holiness is tantamount to justification, while experiential holiness represents progressive sanctification (growth in holiness or Christ likeness). (See related topic - Three Tenses of Salvation)
I'll have to revisit this. I'll be on the road for some time. Great subject. Holiness begins with God, and His Word is the basis of our Sanctification. But to progressively be sanctified we require conversion by the Word to Christ himself, so that *all* that we do is based on his Word.

I believe we mature spiritually over time, just as we mature physically. And we also learn discipline over time. Later....

Reactions: Johann

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just learn that Salvation is the Cross of Christ, that is a GIFT, that you can't earn or keep.

You receive it by Faith, and God and Christ take it from there.

"God who began SALVATION IN YOU......will HImself be faithful to COMPLETE IT".

This is the Gift of God,...it is our Redemption through the Blood of Jesus. "to all who BELLIEVE"

This is the new Covenant.

This is. """ the GOSPEL of the Grace of God.""

= Paul's Gospel
Amen....

What did Paul say about being born again?

The Apostle Paul said it like this: Ephesians 2:4-5 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I believe we mature spiritually over time, just as we mature physically.

Bodily growth is not the same as spiritual growth.

Spiritual Growth is first and foremost based on "working out your salvation".....vs, never doing that..

What is that?
Its to understand who you have become as a 'new creation in Christ", that isnt related to works, commandments, or trying to be like Christ.

CHRISTIanity, is all SPIRITual....so, the moment you try to DO THAT, you just stopped.

The minute you try to be good to try to be SPIRITual, you just proved you have no idea what to do.

The minute that "here is what i must DO", starts...then CHRISTianity, and SPIRITuality, leaves the building.

"behold are you saying we are not to do anything".

A.) = Next... ..."ushers....get this one out of here, as they are going to be impossible to teach, as they are too full of SELF to hear."""

Bring me a real student....

Status
Not open for further replies.