• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Who has ever seen anyone here teach a gospel of works?

I have.
I have seen thousand of people, in life and on forums teach the Devil's gospel of works.

The gospel of works is....>"im keeping myself saved, and here is how".

This is the teaching that you can lose your salvation.

That is the Gospel of works, and its theology.

The Gospel of works is LEGALISM, and Legalsim is an axe that tries to chop down The Cross by using the Theological blade of self righteousness.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are describing...is what you do if you have not understood your Salvation and are not walking in the Light.

Paul said that "Christ always gives the Victory"......so, if you are not there.......and are instead failing to be a consistent disciple, then there are compounding reasons for this failure to live according to Truth.

1.) you have not understood your Salvation
2.) you are not walking according to Truth
3.) you are not existing in God's Grace as "Right Believing"

See... The devil's replacement religion is to sin, confess, and live like this, until you die.
That is what he wants you to do.
He wants you to FAIL, and that is failure.

Listen, do you think Christ died to redeem anyone, so that they can live the same life of an unbeliever?
See, when you live in the darkness of.... not being delivered from the sinning and repenting and confessing..... then the only difference between your life and an unbeliever's, is that you feel guilty about your sin and they dont.

So, that is not Christianity.
That is a total failure to "work out your salvation", at all.

1 John 1:7-9 are specific promises in holy scripture; and verse 9 has been identified as the Christian's "bar of soap".

In order to be sanctified on a continual basis, we must walk in the light as He is in the light (stay transparent before the Lord).

Whether or not you must be wholly sanctified or not in order to be saved, is a topic for another thread.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:7-9 are specific promises in holy scripture; and verse 9 has been identified as the Christian's "bar of soap".

In order to be sanctified on a continual basis, we must walk in the light as He is in the light (stay transparent before the Lord).

Whether or not you must be wholly sanctified or not in order to be saved, is a topic for another thread.
Evasion...........................

1 Thessalonians 5:23
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:8
He will sustain you to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 3:13
To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Ephesians 5:26-27
that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.

Notice Who is doing the Sanctifying above !

hope this helps !!!

But I highly doubt it and you will refuse to be in agreement with this post since it came from me and not you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evasion...........................

1 Thessalonians 5:23
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:8
He will sustain you to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 3:13
To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Ephesians 5:26-27
that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.

Notice Who is doing the Sanctifying above !

hope this helps !!!

But I highly doubt it and you will refuse to be in agreement with this post since it came from me and not you.
Oh, I agree with the doctrine of entire sanctification.

However, for those who have not yet obtained that second benefit, 1 John 1:9 is an excellent promise that will help you get through your rough spots.

Gal 4:29, But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are born again "unto good works".
We the born again are to "present our bodies a LIVING Sacrifice" to God the Father.
We are to "carry our cross, daily".
We are to be in the world, but not of the world.
we are to be shining examples of God's Amazing Grace into this world.
we are to be "salt and light"

We are to be so full of LIGHT...so full of CHRIST's Power, so full of TRUTH... that people notice that "something is different" about us.

We the born again, are the only JESUS that this world will ever SEE.
So, we are to be an ARROW that Points to the WAY.... and Jesus is the Way. John 14:6

But here is the "catch"......until a person who is born again.....lives here in their heart, and within their spiritual understanding. Hebrews 13:9. then they will have no power, no force, no anointing.....nothing.
They will just sin and confess and go to church, and thats about it, or less.

Then you won't be answereing the very simple and straightforward question with a simple and straightforward answer?

I thought not.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have.
I have seen thousand of people, in life and on forums teach the Devil's gospel of works.

Ok, then show me those who teach nothing but works, and no faith.

And did you notice how you already twisted my words by leaving out my mentioned part about faith and works, while only making claims we depend on just works? You did just what I just accused people of doing...oh my.

Thanks for making my point. Again, quote those who teach works and no faith as you claim they do, or stop trying to decieve others with the claim they teach worlks only.

Last edited:

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question in an oxymoron

shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?

May it never be !

next..........

"Next", would be can we continue in sin and still be saved? That is the question you refuse to answer.

We are saved, we are doing fine, not sining and bearing plenty of fruit, then we decide to live in sin, are we still saved or not?

Still, a very simple question, but you refuse to anwer it...why?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Are you saying one can start his salvation, and then do evil, and not do good, yet Christ will still "finish" their salvation?

As you said that i didnt respond to your question, ......then let me do it again.

First, you dont "start your salvation".....so, your question is moot, right out of the gate.
God starts your salvation, and you exist IN IT, as the "Righteousness of God, in Christ".

Also, you've done evil since you were saved, so, does that mean you are not born again?
Be careful there, as what you say might impugn you.

Finally, again, your question, is based on you thinking that you are your own salvation, and its your responsibility to keep yourself saved.
But its not your responsibility......It's God's responsibility, as He created SALVATION, offers it as "The GIFT of Salvation", and once He applies it through your FAITH.... He then finishes it.
Philippians 1:6

What is your part?
Your part is to RECEIVE it, then live in this "new creation" Spiritual Reality by Right Believing.
And you need to start.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

All the born again are already "the righteousness of God"... so, you can't be more sanctified then to be God's actual Holiness.
This is why the verse says that Jesus is our "sanctification".
That is because we are "IN CHRIST".

So, your idea of trying to get more clean then God has already made you, is actually just one more heresy that you've fallen into on your quest to keep abiding in your self effort to keep yourself saved.

Try to understand, that we are to "present our bodies a living Sacrifice".....not to keep getting more sanctified, but because we already ARE, and we are to understand this, and in this RIGHT BELIEVING, we "work out our Salvation" which is to stop trying to do what is already accomplished by the Blood of Jesus, and can only be accomplished by the Blood of Jesus.
And when we understand this correctly and BELIEVE IT, and rest in this Spiritual Reality that is the Grace of God, then we are walking in the Spirit....and not until.
Some never will.
They will just keep sinning and confessing till they die.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, then show me those who teach nothing but works, and no faith.

And did you notice how you already twisted my words by leaving out my mentioned part about faith and works, while only making claims we depend on just works? You did just what I just accused people of doing...oh my.

Thanks for making my point. Again, quote those who teach works and no faith as you claim they do, or stop trying to decieve others with the claim they teach worlks only.
Opinions of man is what you promote but I will stick with Gods opinion - the OP.

Read Ephesians 2:8-10 for the biblical answer which substantiates the OP and refutes your opinions and exposes your errors in your thinking.

hope this helps !!!

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you said that i didnt respond to your question, ......then let me do it again.

First, you dont "start your salvation".....so, your question is moot, right out of the gate.
God starts your salvation, and you exist IN IT, as the "Righteousness of God, in Christ".

Also, you've done evil since you were saved, so, does that mean you are not born again?
Be careful there, as what you say might impugn you.

Finally, again, your question, is based on you thinking that you are your own salvation, and its your responsibility to keep yourself saved.
But its not your responsibility......It's God's responsibility, as He created SALVATION, offers it as "The GIFT of Salvation", and once He applies it through your FAITH.... He then finishes it.
Philippians 1:6

What is your part?
Your part is to RECEIVE it, then live in this "new creation" Spiritual Reality by Right Believing.
And you need to start.

Ok, if you cannot anwer without it steppping all over your theology, then don't. But do take note, others here can see why you will not anwer, and that makes my point completly.

I also would like others to take note of the fact, when asked you to prove your claim that that folks here are teaching a works only salvation, you completly skipped the request. Why? Because you were not being truthful, as the fact is, they teach a faith plus works salvation, and yiu cannot point to one single individual who teaches just works is the way to heaven...not one.

I've said it already, and I will continue to throughout this... Deception must acompany faith only, no way around it if they want to make it believable

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ok, if you cannot anwer without it steppping all over your theology, then don't. But do take note, others here can see why you will not anwer, and that makes my point completly.

I also would like others to take note of the fact, when asked you to prove your claim that that folks here are teaching a works only salvation, you completly skipped the request. Why? Because you were not being truthful, as the fact is, they teach a faith plus works salvation, and yiu cannot point to one single individual who teaches just works is the way to heaven...not one.

I've said it already, and I will continue to throughout this... Deception must acompany faith only, no way around it if they want to make it believable

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

You cant have it both ways, Salvation is the work of God

Reactions: 101G

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ok, if you cannot anwer without it steppping all over your theology,

-
You need it again?
I really can't give a more simple answer, then the previous 2.... but let me try, as im trying to get it to a place where you can comprehend it.

Here is your Question....>"for all to see"...... (funny).

"""""Behold....
Are you saying one can start his salvation, and then do evil, and not do good, yet Christ will still "finish" their salvation?""""

Im saying that your question is not related to How God saves a person.
You said....>"if you start your salvation".
But you dont start it...fella.. is the issue.
Do you see your issue yet?
The readers here do........believe it.

So, let me rephrase your carnal question, so that it makes sense, regarding Salvation, as it is "the Gift of Salvation"

"Behold, are you saying that if a person is born again, then if they sin, backslide, or have dead faith,...God still keeps them saved, and they are as saved as they were when God gave them the New Birth".

A.) Of course.

B.) You can never stop being Born again.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Opinions of man is what you promote but I will stick with Gods opinion - the OP.

Cop out. Will you prove my words are of man? But that's right, you guys aren't that good at proving what you say, or even answering simple questions without long posts talking around the truth.

Or, what was it you would like me to prove is not of man, but biblical?

I need to see if you are worth further argument....do you post on Cf.com, and carry a big fish there as well?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cop out. Will you prove my words are of man? But that's right, you guys aren't that good at proving what you say, or even answering simple questions without long posts talking around the truth.

Or, what was it you would like me to prove is not of man, but biblical?

I need to see if you are worth further argument....do you post on Cf.com, and carry a big fish there as well?
I don’t engage in foolishness, got scripture?

If not it’s just your man made opinion .

next.......,,,,,,