Food for thought ...on this video

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't post here unless you have actually listened to it .

It is only 30 mins long.

I'd like comment about this message...not just personal views on the subject.

Thanks...Helen.
Yes I Listened To The Video.

Tony Campolo is a Liberal, was spiritual advisor to Bill Clinton, and condones homosexuality as normal, and teaches homosexuals deserve the rights aforded to married men and women.

What more can be said, Campolo is condoning homosexuality in the UMC church he was speaking in, no surprize to me Helen, the scripture must be fulfilled, as the mass apostasy is taking place in our generation, before our eyes.

Romans 1:24-32 condemns homosexuality as Campolo states Jesus didn't talk about this? God the Holy Spirit wrote this biblical scripture.

Campolo has started the (Red-Letter) christian movement, moving biblical focus to the (Red Letters) and away from the issue of homosexuality, a true hero and promoter of the Leftist LGBT movement.

Campolo is apostate, the "wolf in sheeps clothing" in my opinion, a true Leftist, and active participant in the LGBT agenda.

Wikipedia: Tony Campolo

TV show

Beginning in March 2011, Tony began hosting the TV show Red Letter Christians, aired on JC-TV. This weekly half-hour talk show features interviews with leaders in the Red-Letter Christian movement.

LGBT sexuality debates
Tony Campolo and his wife Peggy have participated in very public debates and discussions about the place of lesbians and gays within church and society. Tony Campolo formerly contended that homosexuality was a sin in practice, though not in orientation. His wife, Peggy Campolo, disagreed, holding that committed, monogamous homosexual practice was not a sin; she supports full equality for homosexual, bisexual and transsexual persons.[16] Regarding marriage, Tony Campolo states that all couples should have the right to a civil union with all the legal rights that are associated with such a contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for watching and listening. :)

It did jerk me up by my boot straps...not because I hate them...but because I just didn't understand them...not the unsaved ones...I understand that...the Christian ones...of which I have two . Both sons of friends.
I found it challenging to my attitude.
Unsaved Ones?

"The Christian Ones Of Which You Have Two"?

Dont get your riddle?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with this, but to me if we are going to discriminate against fornication it should be an equal discrimination against any fornication.

This is what preachers should be doing, challenging us when we need to be challenged. It is certainly what Jesus did.

In opposition to the preacher's comments in this regard, I believe that a person's sexual orientation can be affected by circumstances and personal history... and he or she can be changed back to a better way in this as in anything that stands between the person and God.

He was way too strong against even God being able to change where a person is in this. We do serve a God who is able. Men have always wanted to go their own ways and wanted to limit God and have limited God. If we, on the other hand, lean heavily on God He can fix this too.
I agree, Campolo is a Leftist Liberal, trying to normalize homosexuality in the churches.

He has started the (Red Letter) movement, and a major part of his platform and that in the LGBT movement, is giving disregard to Romans 1:24-32, stating Jesus never directly condemned homosexuality in (Red Letters)

Tony Campolo Is A Liberal Leftist, Part Of The LGBT Movement, A Wolf In Sheeps Clothing.

We Are Permitted To Express Our Opinions Correct?

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am with you on this. I enjoyed his honesty even though I disagree on some of the specifics.

Yes, compassion as Jesus had compassion on and stood with the publicans and prostitutes, not because he approved of their lifestyles but because God loved them in spite of their mistaken ways. How much like Jesus are we?

While he may have made a good argument for a more worldly way of seeing things I also would not be a part of such a church group. The reason is because performing a marriage must, as I see it, should be a marriage according to God. But in standing where I do on this I must also recall what the preacher said about marriage and divorce. Fornication is fornication between persons of opposite sexes even as it is fornication between persons of the same sex. If a preacher or pastor or the members of an assembly take strong position against one kind of fornication they should be equally strong against another. If I won't belong to a church that marries same sex couples, neither should I belong to a church that marries opposite sex couples when to do so would stamp my approval on what God would call adultery or fornication.

I would hesitate to make a blanket rule like this. If God is leading then let Him lead. The fact is that most places I have attended as a member or a visitor do limit God with their own set of rules instead of allowing God to lead in all things. The problem of course as always is people and not only those engaged in homosexuals relations are at fault. It makes me think twice about belonging to any church group because all of them consist of flawed individuals... Hey that includes me too.

Agreed! He hedges a little on it because of scripture, but his conclusion has to do with his human experience. God, however, is still God and is only limited as we limit Him.

I think it should be up to God, which is almost the same thing you are saying... but not quite.
I agree 100% that sexual relations outside of marriage is fornication, same sex, or opposite sex.

However the heterosexual has the option to repent and be biblically married, the homosexual can repent, but does not have a biblical foundation for same sex marriage.

1 Corinthians 7:1-2KJV
7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow..and isn't that the truth...the children don't stand a chance.
" Let them choose their gender" I am sure Jesus weeps. So very sad.

Where are the intercessors in this day???
We are in the "Final Hours" in my observation.

Russian and Iran are in Syria at Israels border, Russian S-300 missles 90 miles away from Jerusalem, that fly 6,000mph, Vally Of Armageddon is 50 miles from border?

Last week Israel bombed 38 targets in Syria, against Iranian established bases, several killed?

Trump moved the US embassy to Jerusalem ahead of schedule, the Jews are touting Trump as Cyrus, the one who will build the new temple in Jerusalem?

Saudia Arabia's Crown Prince is onboard with Trump.

All looks interesting.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree, Campolo is a Leftist Liberal, trying to normalize homosexuality in the churches.

He has started the (Red Letter) movement, and a major part of his platform and that in the LGBT movement, is giving disregard to Romans 1:24-32, stating Jesus never directly condemned homosexuality in (Red Letters)

Tony Campolo Is A Liberal Leftist, Part Of The LGBT Movement, A Wolf In Sheeps Clothing.

We Are Permitted To Express Our Opinions Correct?

This is so troubling...because over 50% of his ministry is to youth and Universities. :(

He is so clever with "stating his case". He appeals to their intellect.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Unsaved Ones?

"The Christian Ones Of Which You Have Two"?

Dont get your riddle?

Sorry yes...I did write it confusingly. :)

Looking back, I guess I was saying ... I can more understand the unsaved ones..they have given themselves unto sin.
I cannot understand how the born-again homo...like the two I know...can justify what they are doing and how they are living to themselves.
ie..how can they 'live with themselves', and still say they love God , and go to church and worship freely? ( which they do)

I guess as we do not know 'the end'. Much of this thread is because I am still mixed about how I feel, better yet...how i SHOULD feel.

Just quoting scripture especially OT scripture just doesn't do it for me.
God is much more than a handful or scriptures.

I like my belief system to be a cut and dried as much as I can.
With many things I can just "hold them loosely" until God shows me something deeper or different.

But, with this subject, there is no 'opinion' I can "hold loosely".
I guess I will have to continue to wait on the Lord more patiently, to speak to me more directly. As I said in another post. This issue is not going away, but increasing.
We Christians need something more.
The cop-out , as I see it, is spouting off a few scriptures and saying "that it, done and dusted" no discussion.
Which DOES NOT answers peoples questions when they ask, be they strangers or family. The man in the street needs more than biblical quotes...but something a bit deeper.

I am beginning to think this is just my problem and I need to deal with it. :(

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Looking back, I guess I was saying ... I can more understand the unsaved ones..they have given themselves unto sin.
I cannot understand how the born-again homo...like the two I know...can justify what they are doing and how they are living to themselves.
ie..how can they 'live with themselves', and still say they love God , and go to church and worship freely? ( which they do)

I guess as we do not know 'the end'. Much of this thread is because I am still mixed about how I feel, better yet...how i SHOULD feel.

With many things I can just "hold them loosely" until God shows me something deeper or different.

I guess I will have to continue to wait on the Lord more patiently, to speak to me more directly. As I said in another post. This issue is not going away, but increasing.
The cop-out , as I see it, is spouting off a few scriptures and saying "that it, done and dusted" no discussion.
Which DOES NOT answers peoples questions when they ask, be they strangers or family. The man in the street needs more than biblical quotes...but something a bit deeper.

Homosexuals participating in same sex are not part of God's Church as my bible sees it.

No more than a fornicator is sleeping with multiple women weekly without being married.

The bible states it will be like Sodom and Gomorrah as the time grows close, apostasy in the once professing churches.

You think the founders of Methodist/John Wesley and Martin Luther/Lutherans
Calvin, Zwingli, etc would roll over in their graves right now if they saw what was going on.

If you just took it back to 1955 in the world, the thought of homosexuality in the church doors and accepted world be a "Fairy Tale"

The frog has been put in the water and the heat turned up slowly, satan is a liar and deceiver.

The two young men you know must repent of sexual sin, just as the heterosexual fornicators and adulterers must.

God does not have rainbow flag churches, with practicing homosexuals in leadership.

P.S. you appear to shy away from quoting scripture, a bad practice in my opinion. As God's holy word is authoratative in all humas as it is buried in their hearts I believe.
The longer Christians stay silent, the more they will be deceived.

I always show thoe interested God's voice seen below, true and eternal are God's words, im not in the Tony Campolo "Red Letter" movement, in disregarding scripture.

2 Peter 2:6KJV
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Romans 1:24-32KJV
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Homosexuals participating in same sex are not part of God's Church as my bible sees it.

No more than a fornicator is sleeping with multiple women weekly without being married.

The bible states it will be like Sodom and Gomorrah as the time grows close, apostasy in the once professing churches.

You think the founders of Methodist/John Wesley and Martin Luther/Lutherans
Calvin, Zwingli, etc

If you just took it back to 1955 in the world, the thought of homosexuality in the church doors and accepted world be a "Fairy Tale"

The frog has been put in the water and the heat turned up slowly, satan is a liar and deceiver.

The two young men you know must repent of sexual sin, just as the heterosexual fornicators and adulterers must.

God does not have rainbow flag churches, with practicing homosexuals in leadership.

2 Peter 2:6KJV
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Thank you. And yes that does help.
I guess it's because I know them and have, known them since children which makes it so hard.
So, if I hear you right, in my heart I should pray for them as "unsaved" right?

Lets get it off me...maybe if you talk about you that would help.

When you meet one of them in someones house , how do you react.
Some here make it sound like they only have to quote scripture and its all dealt with...but what about real life situations?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it's because I know them and have, known them since children which makes it so hard.

Some here make it sound like they only have to quote scripture and its all dealt with...but what about real life situations?
Grace I know many homosexuals, and they know me where I stand, when times are tough in personal matters, they don't consult with rainbow flag friends, because they know in their heart homosexuality is sin and against nature.

I love those in the sin of homosexuality as the fornicators and adulterers.

We all sin and must repent to keep our window clean to see God.

I don't candy coat the truth when the opportunity rises, the greatest sin inside the church today as I see it is "Adultery"

That is to be married again while the former spouse lives.

Everybody knows what it is, and who in their church is involved, no secret.

Many churches remain silent, because these Adulterers are big supporters, trying to by their way into heaven.

Many Pastors and church leaders are lying to these people, who will come under God's judgment as my bible reads.

When the opportunity presents itself, I read homosexuals Romans 1:24-32, God's work after that, I don't argue etc. I will continue to love all, and take a firm stand that homosexuality is sin, simple.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your very own Jordan Peterson is the go to for the christian voice in society and his clear and sound opposition to homosexuality, books and videos are top notch.

Wikipedia: Jordan Bernt Peterson (born June 12, 1962) is a Canadian clinical psychologist, public intellectual, and professor of psychology at the University of Toronto. His main areas of study are in abnormal, social, and personality psychology,[1] with a particular interest in the psychology of religious and ideological belief,[2] and the assessment and improvement of personality and performance.[3]

Peterson studied at the University of Alberta and McGill University. He remained at McGill as a post-doctoral fellow from 1991 to 1993 before moving to Harvard University, where he was assistant and then associate professor in the psychology department. In 1998 he moved back to Canada, to the University of Toronto, as a full professor.

His first book Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief was published in 1999, a work which examined several academic fields to describe the structure of systems of beliefs and myths, their role in the regulation of emotion, creation of meaning, and motivation for genocide.[4][5][6] His second book, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, was released in January 2018.[7][8][9]

In 2016, Peterson released a series of videos on his YouTube channel in which he criticized political correctness and the Canadian government's Bill C-16. He subsequently received significant media coverage.[7][8][9]

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you..will read again and check it all out....thanks very much .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't post here unless you have actually listened to it .

It is only 30 mins long.

I'd like comment about this message...not just personal views on the subject.

Thanks...Helen.
We "all fall short of the glory of God." So to pick out one way that people fall short and make the exception that this fellow and others do, is a form of selective sin approval. By the same measure, should we then preach and condone loving other gods, or not loving our neighbor as ourselves, or murder, or stealing, etc.? No of course not.

No, when we come to know our sin by knowing God, we should rather abstain, i.e., "go and sin no more."

Better then, that we should come to understand the reason that God has created us male and female, and prescribed marriage, in the way that He has. For it is no service to God to campaign against His stated principles and commandments. On the contrary, if we are not for Him, we are against Him Mark 9:40.

These principles from God given in the creation and commandments are an example of our reconciliation with Him. It is the church as the "bride" of Christ who portrays the female in godly marriage with God. But men with men portrays God with God, in a marriage that excludes all mankind from its relationship with God. Thus it portrays death to all after a life of sin against God.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is being desensitized about this issue.
They say it's all about love, but if you ever watched a gay parade you will think it's all about lust.

This is out of context from the OP, When I was 14, during the Vietnam conflict, the Media televised a Officer in the Vietnamese army, point blank shoot a prisoner in the head, I believe that was a pinnacle point in time for the Media to exercise their ability to Desensitize people through bombardment of whatever they want to promote!

Reactions: Helen and Truth7t7

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The apostle Paul answers your questions here:

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

Even if we don't know the truth, we are by faith to love it. When we do know the truth we must love it. When a person has heard or known the truth and then replaces it with something that makes what he is doing seem to OK, then comes the delusion. That is to say, he will really believe that he has the truth and is loving it. This is why for everyone of us it is essential to check in with God regularly always starting again from the bottom or from the "lowest room" [Luke 14:10] each time we communicate with God. If we do this sincerely He will keep us away from the delusion. This applies not only to your two beloved friends, but yourself and to any other person who believes God... as I see it.

This again is why I have come to strongly emphasize the difference between scripture without the Holy Spirit and scripture which is quickened within us by the Holy Spirit. It is also why praying in a tongue unknown to yourself can be important to you. You are fighting against yourself and maybe against God's will because of feelings you have for those two boys. To even pray for them the right way in your own language [English] is hard or impossible. Did not Jesus have the same problem because his fleshly nature rebelled against the pain and suffering and death that he knew lay before him? So after he prayed hoping for a less painful way he added the words:
"... nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

And is it not available in spite of any pain that we must go through...?

But, never alone! Alone we cannot do it. We can and must encourage each other and lean ever more heavily on the Lord.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is out of context from the OP, When I was 14, during the Vietnam conflict, the Media televised a Officer in the Vietnamese army, point blank shoot a prisoner in the head, I believe that was a pinnacle point in time for the Media to exercise their ability to Desensitize people through bombardment of whatever they want to promote!
I agree 100%, no longer journalism, but sensationalism. Who's gonna be the next sexy clad news anchor to improve ratings.

I live in so Cal, never hear a word of real journalism, on public news channels.

It's about the freeway chase, or some other who cares diversion from real truth.

Reactions: Truth and Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We "all fall short of the glory of God." So to pick out one way that people fall short and make the exception that this fellow and others do, is a form of selective sin approval. By the same measure, should we then preach and condone loving other gods, or not loving our neighbor as ourselves, or murder, or stealing, etc.? No of course not.

No, when we come to know our sin by knowing God, we should rather abstain, i.e., "go and sin no more."

Better then, that we should come to understand the reason that God has created us male and female, and prescribed marriage, in the way that He has. For it is no service to God to campaign against His stated principles and commandments. On the contrary, if we are not for Him, we are against Him Mark 9:40.

These principles from God given in the creation and commandments are an example of our reconciliation with Him. It is the church as the "bride" of Christ who portrays the female in godly marriage with God. But men with men portrays God with God, in a marriage that excludes all mankind from its relationship with God. Thus it portrays death to all after a life of sin against God.
There is no form of selective sin approval as you falsely claim, the subject between myself and Grace was homosexuality.

Of course the unrepentant adulterer, fornicator, liar, thief, etc are included.

You jumped in without a solid foundation.