Food for thought ...on this video

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When a person has heard or known the truth and then replaces it with something that makes what he is doing seem to OK, then comes the delusion. That is to say, he will really believe that he has the truth and is loving it.

I guess this is why I am sad..for the one who used to stand in my kitchen on the way to school at age 12- 13 -etc I know that he grew up under a strong word. ( haha! no bias there...with myself and Dave but you know what I mean) ..he is without excuse . How can he justify it, even marrying...and still be the person that he once was...strong delusion.

This again is why I have come to strongly emphasize the difference between scripture without the Holy Spirit and scripture which is quickened within us by the Holy Spirit. It is also why praying in a tongue unknown to yourself can be important to you. You are fighting against yourself and maybe against God's will because of feelings you have for those two boys. To even pray for them the right way in your own language [English] is hard or impossible

EXCELLENT...why on earth didn't I think of that!! I don't remember every using tongues to pray intercede for them!!
Thanks...that is a blessing...so wise...NOW THIS is seeing the body of Christ in action...we have our own blind spots!!

As you said yourself....
But, never alone! Alone we cannot do it. We can and must encourage each other and lean ever more heavily on the Lord.

I SOoooo agree with that. :)

Bless you....H

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We "all fall short of the glory of God." So to pick out one way that people fall short and make the exception that this fellow and others do, is a form of selective sin approval. By the same measure, should we then preach and condone loving other gods, or not loving our neighbor as ourselves, or murder, or stealing, etc.? No of course not.

No, when we come to know our sin by knowing God, we should rather abstain, i.e., "go and sin no more."

Better then, that we should come to understand the reason that God has created us male and female, and prescribed marriage, in the way that He has. For it is no service to God to campaign against His stated principles and commandments. On the contrary, if we are not for Him, we are against Him Mark 9:40.

These principles from God given in the creation and commandments are an example of our reconciliation with Him. It is the church as the "bride" of Christ who portrays the female in godly marriage with God. But men with men portrays God with God, in a marriage that excludes all mankind from its relationship with God. Thus it portrays death to all after a life of sin against God.

Amen Scott...
....you have been noticed by your absence.
You must have found a Forum Site that you enjoy more than this one?
That is sad for us here...I miss your posts.
I notice a few others too, not often here any more. :(

Anyway. I agree with what you said...yet I don't see the drunks making a big noise and starting a movement to increase drinking as a life style.
I don't see the gluttons...
I don't even see the pedophiles...( not "openly and noisily")

So, what are we , or should we do about it?
My friend @amadeus will say pray, and I agree :) ...but they are scarily advancing their cause take over...we are almost "in" Sodom already.

Okay, should I care? Are we collectively as Christians asleep?????
Have we turned a blind eye?
Do we think it doesn't really matter?

Could we, or should we be " doing" anything.
The individual like these two men I know , I can care for and love. They are not aggressively trying to advance anything.

It's the satanic movement that I hate.
I hate that they and satan are trying to seduce our kids...this gender issue is all part and parcel of the destruction.

Sorry, I know I am not telling you anything that you don't already know.

Blessings Scott .....Helen.

Reactions: ScottA and amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no form of selective sin approval as you falsely claim, the subject between myself and Grace was homosexuality.

Of course the unrepentant adulterer, fornicator, liar, thief, etc are included.

You jumped in without a solid foundation.
What the devil are you saying? Are you condoning sin and marriage against what God has prescribed?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen Scott...
....you have been noticed by your absence.
You must have found a Forum Site that you enjoy more than this one?
That is sad for us here...I miss your posts.
I notice a few others too, not often here any more. :(

Anyway. I agree with what you said...yet I don't see the drunks making a big noise and starting a movement to increase drinking as a life style.
I don't see the gluttons...
I don't even see the pedophiles...( not "openly and noisily")

So, what are we , or should we do about it?
My friend @amadeus will say pray, and I agree :) ...but they are scarily advancing their cause take over...we are almost "in" Sodom already.

Okay, should I care? Are we collectively as Christians asleep?????
Have we turned a blind eye?
Do we think it doesn't really matter?

Could we, or should we be " doing" anything.
The individual like these two men I know , I can care for and love. They are not aggressively trying to advance anything.

It's the satanic movement that I hate.
I hate that they and satan are trying to seduce our kids...this gender issue is all part and parcel of the destruction.

Sorry, I know I am not telling you anything that you don't already know.

Blessings Scott .....Helen.
Thanks...I haven't found a new home...actually just busy, oh, and I bought a new home. Just busy.

This whole issue is a sign of the times. We are like the few remaining survivors of a plaque. As more of "us who are alive and remain" die, the world becomes all the more dark. And, yes, just like Sodom, it comes down to the last remaining (and family). Then comes the end. Meanwhile, we are ambassadors for Christ, saying "Come" to those who will come.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks...I haven't found a new home...actually just busy, oh, and I bought a new home. Just busy.

This whole issue is a sign of the times. We are like the few remaining survivors of a plaque. As more of "us who are alive and remain" die, the world becomes all the more dark. And, yes, just like Sodom, it comes down to the last remaining (and family). Then comes the end. Meanwhile, we are ambassadors for Christ, saying "Come" to those who will come.

Lovely post. :) Right on.

Glad you are here ...when you can get here.
At least now I don't have to feel snubbed or rejected by you. :D

Reactions: ScottA

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus said it here:

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matt 5:14

When all of the "lights" are gone, what will remain? Jesus is gone, but for us. When we are also gone...?

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

Reactions: Helen and ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said it here:
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matt 5:14
When all of the "lights" are gone, what will remain? Jesus is gone, but for us. When we are also gone...?
"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4
Exactly - just like that!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We "all fall short of the glory of God." So to pick out one way that people fall short and make the exception that this fellow and others do, is a form of selective sin approval.
Who's "This Fellow" you speak of that's into "Selective Sin Approval"?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the devil are you saying? Are you condoning sin and marriage against what God has prescribed?
I apologize, I in error thought the "fellow" you were speaking to was myself, it appears it was directed at Tony Campolo in the OP

Once again I Apologize!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize, I in error thought the "fellow" you were speaking to was myself, it appears it was directed at Tony Campolo in the OP

Once again I Apologize!
No worries.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Come on, is that the best you can do?
Did you read any of the posts here?

We all already KNOW the scriptures!!!
This discussion is going a bit deeper than that ,.... this is a real important "issue of our day" It not going away!! :eek:

Quoting scripture is not "a discussion".
How does that work for your family! :)

Oh well, like you said:- "All you can add is scripture. "

Okay.
Okay I will have to come on back then, so and so the sexually queer one could point out ?
They truly love each other and get on great, ok no problem what can we do ? I don't care they are not a problem.

Okay one could have a child who is as such, ok you would still love them for sure.

Now this the point, we love the sinner but we hate the Sin and that's the key ?

But the problem nowadays is it's about idolise the Sinner and the Sin is just fine, just be sure you don't say a word or you will be sued or you will loose your job never to work again, your banned totally from many jobs nowadays and it does not matter how good you are etc at your job, this form of malice is backed up totally.
The people you can not talk about own you and control you totally.

Now comes the point, if one is a morally respectable person be it what ever they are who cares, but what if say your child was a brat that just took women for granted abused them led them astray etc is that okay, what if he ran around like a mongrel dog had many partners, respecting non but just used all for his kicks, if I had a brat like that I would dis own him.
What if he was a poofter and ran around the same but just with other men ? same thing I would dis own him. but I would not if he was queer and had moral regard being a up standing person with integrity towards others.

But here is the problem that I see all the time is that the so called rainbow people are full of people who run around like dogs abusing each other and it's Satanic not to mention they are nasty self fulfilling that can't love anyone but themselves one would think but that's not totally true because they hate themselves because truly they know they are doing wrong, but that satanic power drives their lustful passion on. that's why they are on drugs and drink so as to mask it up.

Problem is they are united and powerful group that give money to support their cause and the Satanist take advantage of all this and they lead the way manipulating in Governments etc the church you name it they are in their fighting with every cunning that can play.
The RCC is controlled by plenty of them and the Pope is one.
Look at all the child sexual abuse it's controlled by degenerates in the court of Law, it's a joke ! it all took 40 years to bring such filth into the so called spot light but it's all a Circus, fact is what should be put to the priest etc is did you know that this crap was going on and bingo !
Fact is they all did ! regardless of if they claimed not.
Could they do anything about such ? and why not ?
Hell I knew it was going on, my mum and dad said it was so back in the 70's they knew such was going on !

But todays bunch of degenerates are so brainwashed by TV and the media for so many years that they are fine with all such rubbish because there moral standards are just crap nowadays.

One dickhead supervisor had in his office pictures of dicks all covering the walls, I had to laugh, is this all you idiots do in here, I mean really what the hell. you know some poofters are funny bastards but their comes a point where enough is enough and you do get sick of hearing all there nonsense day in day out, it gets to you and makes you feel sick to death of it all.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Once again I Apologize!

What a reshreshing blessing that is!
It is a rare thing on this Site to see anyone actually apologize for anything !,
Go to the top of the class :)

That made my day . Yay!
The only other person that I have seen do that is @bbyrd009 ....obviously I never have to do it, because I am always right. LOL But there IS always a first time for everything :D

I’m a bit ‘over the top’...it’s 12.30 am and I cant sleep!!!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I finally made it through the video in the OP. I believe congregations should accept homosexuals into the congregation, without shunning them. The guy in the video makes a good point about the hypocrisy of tolerating some sins but not others. Then there is the potential for abusing them, which comes when people act like animals and that never belongs in a church.

I distinguish between tolerance and acceptance, because no sins should be accepted. Christians get divorced, they should know they are committing a sin; but when the dust it settled they need to be forgiven. Christians commit adultery, but don't tend to go announcing their activities to the world... they didn't used to. Covetousness, is probably the most prolific sin in the western church and it is hard to nail down but I digress. Sin should be taught and also rebuked properly when it comes to light. Excommunication

I understand some people will have a proclivity towards the same sex, and they will not be changed by any human effort. That doesn't change that it is a shameful sin to act on those desires. But what we see is a push to make sins acceptable, and sometimes even promoted. How many have considered chastity? Not many in this day and age. I don't buy the self actualization rubbish in support of gay marriage, that is not valid justification for accepting something that is unbiblical.

Where would Jesus stand? He stood with the sinners who needed to repent! He did not stand with the proud, but he came to humble the proud and give grace to the humble.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I finally made it through the video in the OP. I believe congregations should accept homosexuals into the congregation, without shunning them. The guy in the video makes a good point about the hypocrisy of tolerating some sins but not others. Then there is the potential for abusing them, which comes when people act like animals and that never belongs in a church.

I distinguish between tolerance and acceptance, because no sins should be accepted. Christians get divorced, they should know they are committing a sin; but when the dust it settled they need to be forgiven. Christians commit adultery, but don't tend to go announcing their activities to the world... they didn't used to. Covetousness, is probably the most prolific sin in the western church and it is hard to nail down but I digress. Sin should be taught and also rebuked properly when it comes to light. Excommunication

I understand some people will have a proclivity towards the same sex, and they will not be changed by any human effort. That doesn't change that it is a shameful sin to act on those desires. But what we see is a push to make sins acceptable, and sometimes even promoted. How many have considered chastity? Not many in this day and age. I don't buy the self actualization rubbish in support of gay marriage, that is not valid justification for accepting something that is unbiblical.

Where would Jesus stand? He stood with the sinners who needed to repent! He did not stand with the proud, but he came to humble the proud and give grace to the humble.
Fact is not many practicing homosexuals are looking towards repentance and change.

Homosexuality, same sex marriage, fornication, adultery, needs to be addressed in the church.

Can't have active, unrepentant sin control the church, men can't marry men, simple.

Homosexuals, fornicators, adulterers, have a place in the church seeking repentance and acceptance of Jesus Christ. Those that don't desire to repent and change need to find another home.

Can't send a false message out to the church that the sins are allowed.

Romans 1:24-32KJV
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Reactions: amadeus