Genesis 1:26 Revisited, the Ordinal “FIRST”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the gospel of John starts at verse 19? so verses 1-18 is not apart of the book?

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
Look into Gnostic beliefs. It is nearly word for word. The Gnostics were a little more apt to include Greek mysticism.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look into Gnostic beliefs. It is nearly word for word. The Gnostics were a little more apt to include Greek mysticism.
that's not what we ASKED, see post #60 again.

thanks.

PICJAG

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the gospel of John starts at verse 19? so verses 1-18 is not apart of the book?
Verses 1-18 were added.
John has a lot of additions and deletions.
For example the story of the adulterous woman brought before Christ....does not appear in older texts....this fact is noted in some Bibles.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verses 1-18 were added.
John has a lot of additions and deletions.
For example the story of the adulterous woman brought before Christ....does not appear in older texts....this fact is noted in some Bibles.
nope don't buy it

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this why the bible is clear, Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"
Romans 1:21 "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."
Romans 1:22 "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,"
Romans 1:23 "And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."
Romans 1:24 "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:"
Romans 1:25 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."

it's anazing men are doing the same old sin, changing the word of God to fit their belifs. don't add nor take away from the word of God. :D

I wonder what their say at Judgment day. argue with the Lord Jesus about John 1-18? ... lol.

Another successful sabotage operation.

PICJAG

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks the reply, second, I never asked you to agree with me on nothing, I asked you to answer a question of FACT. which you say now you disagree. so that foolishness on your part. and as well as Col. 2:9, and no where do the bible say that it's a UNITY?. and again, it's not for you, or me, or mayone to "decide", what right or wrong when it comes to scriptures on our own accord, the scriptures stand on their own.... (smile)

so your answer 2 at first was a cover for believing that God is a "UNITY" correct. but yet in the face of truth, Isaiah 48:12 makes it crystal clear, the the First and the Last is no unity. "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

well Trekson, the First is "ALSO" the Last, that's not a unity, that's the same one person. which means you lied. and you cannot cover it up with Col. 2:9 either ... :rolleyes:. lol...

now, when someone contridict their ownself, the book of James is clear, James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."James 1:6 "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."James 1:7 "For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord."James 1:8 "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

so let Isaiah 48:12 be a witness aganist you in the day of the Lord, according to your "unity". for we see the scriptures are true, 2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" WHY? 2 Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

so I leave you to Revelation 22:11. :cool:

Good day,

PICJAG

I would have to say that you lack an understanding of what true unity means. True unity of the Trinity means The first can say he is the first, the middle and the last and they would be right, the middle can say they are also the first and the last and they would be right. The last can say they are the first and the middle and they would be right. One heart, one soul, one mind, why is that so hard to understand? That's why much of the church is so messed up, they have a hard time grasping that sense of unity because they don't want to. It would mean sacrificing everything in their life that they think is important for the greater good of the body of Christ!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have to say that you lack an understanding of what true unity means. True unity of the Trinity means The first can say he is the first, the middle and the last and they would be right, the middle can say they are also the first and the last and they would be right. The last can say they are the first and the middle and they would be right. One heart, one soul, one mind, why is that so hard to understand? That's why much of the church is so messed up, they have a hard time grasping that sense of unity because they don't want to. It would mean sacrificing everything in their life that they think is important for the greater good of the body of Christ!
well here is your problem, did not the Lord Jesus say he is the First and the Last, and how many persons is he?..... ONE"... (smile), see your error now?

PICJAG

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well here is your problem, did not the Lord Jesus say he is the First and the Last, and how many persons is he?..... ONE"... (smile), see your error now?

PICJAG
No, no error, you're thinking w/ your head and not w/ your spirit.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, no error, you're thinking w/ your head and not w/ your spirit.
well if you think the Fist and the Last are two person, then you're still in the flesh. Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit."
Romans 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."
Romans 8:7 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."
Romans 8:8 "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

flesh say the First and the Last are two person, when the word of God clearly say the First is "Also" the Last, Isaiah 48:12.. (smile).

but the Lord Jesus is always right, Isaiah 29:13 "Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:"

and he, JESUS said it again, Matthew 15:8 "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." Matthew 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

PICJAG

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well if you think the Fist and the Last are two person, then you're still in the flesh. Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit."
Romans 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."
Romans 8:7 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."
Romans 8:8 "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

flesh say the First and the Last are two person, when the word of God clearly say the First is "Also" the Last, Isaiah 48:12.. (smile).

but the Lord Jesus is always right, Isaiah 29:13 "Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:"

and he, JESUS said it again, Matthew 15:8 "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." Matthew 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

PICJAG

Jesus is the word, so you do realize that every time God or the HS speaks in either the OT or the NT, it's Jesus, right?

Reactions: kcnalp

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the word, so you do realize that every time God or the HS speaks in either the OT or the NT, it's Jesus, right?
first thansk for the reply, second, have I not been saying this all the time? listen, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

did you read that? listen, "the Spirit of Christ which was in them" I know it was JESUS in the OT as well as the NT. but here's the revelation, the apostle Peter said it was the Spirit that was in them that cause them, (the prophet) to speak. now, do you know who the Spirit of Christ is that allowed those OT prophets to prophesied of the grace that should come? let's hear the apostle again, 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." BINGO.

the Holy Ghost who moved men to speak is the Spirit of Christ who was in them, (them meaning the prophets of old). did you understand what the apostle is teaching you. the Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit, who is Jesus ... "the Holy WORD" of God.

lets see it in the OT. one can find these words time and time again for the OT prophers, listen. Zechariah 1:1 "In the eighth month, in the second year of Darius, came the word of the LORD unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the prophet, saying,"
who came? the WORD, now this, Haggai 1:1 "In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying,"
or this, Zephaniah 1:1 "The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah."
or this, Micah 1:1 "The word of the LORD that came to Micah the Morasthite in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem."

see the WORD in John 1:1 is the SPIRIT, for the "WORD"/Spirit was in them, the prophet who prophesied of the grace that should come unto US. just as the apostle Peter said.

see Trekson, that's why I know that the the "First, the LORD all caps is the Father, who is JESUS. and also I know, by the apostle Peter the "WORD" in John 1:1 is the Spirit because it was JESUS the Spirit who was in them speaking of him, JESUS to come in flesh as the diversity of himself as a man..... per Phil 2:6-8. BINGO

see you fellas never put scriptures together to know and to understand the scriptures, the word of God, the bible says, Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts."Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people."Isaiah 28:12 "To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear."Isaiah 28:13 "But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."

we suggest you read those verses carefully, and understand the word of God. until, or when you get off milk, and from the breast, meaning when you stop acting like a baby and grow up. then you will be able to chew and digest the word of God. UNDERSTAND THIS NOT A PUT DOWN, OK, BUT ADVICE FOR YOU TO CONSIDER WHAT GOD WORD IS SAYING. .

leave 101G out of this, but let the Word of God ring in your ear, meaning "EXAMINE YOURSELF".

wish you well.

PICJAG

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thansk for the reply, second, have I not been saying this all the time? listen, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

did you read that? listen, "the Spirit of Christ which was in them" I know it was JESUS in the OT as well as the NT. but here's the revelation, the apostle Peter said it was the Spirit that was in them that cause them, (the prophet) to speak. now, do you know who the Spirit of Christ is that allowed those OT prophets to prophesied of the grace that should come? let's hear the apostle again, 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." BINGO.

the Holy Ghost who moved men to speak is the Spirit of Christ who was in them, (them meaning the prophets of old). did you understand what the apostle is teaching you. the Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit, who is Jesus ... "the Holy WORD" of God.

lets see it in the OT. one can find these words time and time again for the OT prophers, listen. Zechariah 1:1 "In the eighth month, in the second year of Darius, came the word of the LORD unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the prophet, saying,"
who came? the WORD, now this, Haggai 1:1 "In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying,"
or this, Zephaniah 1:1 "The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah."
or this, Micah 1:1 "The word of the LORD that came to Micah the Morasthite in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem."

see the WORD in John 1:1 is the SPIRIT, for the "WORD"/Spirit was in them, the prophet who prophesied of the grace that should come unto US. just as the apostle Peter said.

see Trekson, that's why I know that the the "First, the LORD all caps is the Father, who is JESUS. and also I know, by the apostle Peter the "WORD" in John 1:1 is the Spirit because it was JESUS the Spirit who was in them speaking of him, JESUS to come in flesh as the diversity of himself as a man..... per Phil 2:6-8. BINGO

see you fellas never put scriptures together to know and to understand the scriptures, the word of God, the bible says, Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts."Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people."Isaiah 28:12 "To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear."Isaiah 28:13 "But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."

we suggest you read those verses carefully, and understand the word of God. until, or when you get off milk, and from the breast, meaning when you stop acting like a baby and grow up. then you will be able to chew and digest the word of God. UNDERSTAND THIS NOT A PUT DOWN, OK, BUT ADVICE FOR YOU TO CONSIDER WHAT GOD WORD IS SAYING. .

leave 101G out of this, but let the Word of God ring in your ear, meaning "EXAMINE YOURSELF".

wish you well.

PICJAG

Well Spiritual Saboteur…

1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"

Since Peter is talking to Gentiles….Do you have anything that specifically explains this in the Old Testament that prophesied the grace that would come to the Non-Jews. Something that refers to non-Jews?

Do you have an Old Testament reference to this that pertains to the God messiah, or pertains to Christ by name? Or the phrase Spirit of Christ in the Old Testament…Christ or messiah….Spirit of the messiah? As far as the suffering Christ, by name or position. a verse that speaks directly of "the messiah" suffering or by name that Yeshua would suffer.

2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

Do you have a reference in the Old Testament indicating the prophet's connection to the Holy Spirit? That is “The Holy Spirit” the God…not Yahweh’s Spirit which is of course holy. Anywhere in the Old Testament that indicates that God’s Holy Spirit is “The Holy Spirit” This is one of the confusion factors caused by not giving the God, Holy Spirit a name, people can associate it with anything they want.

Haggai 1:1 "In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying,"

Zephaniah 1:1 "The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah."

word of the LORD not Word of the LORD….lower case. Do you have any association with this word of the LORD with the Logos in the New Testament. The LORD had many words for the prophets but nothing to associate that with Christ or the Logos or “the Holy Spirit”

."Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people."Isaiah 28:12 "To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear."Isaiah 28:13 "But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;
that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."

There is nothing here pertaining to Christ. This is Isaiah rebuttal to the Assyrians for not believing him. It may pertain to the tongues in the New Testament. Paul quotes this in 1st Corinthians 14:21 to show that tongues are a sign of rebuke to unbelievers. Still nothing pointing to Christ....messiah....or Yeshua.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"

Since Peter is talking to Gentiles….Do you have anything that specifically explains this in the Old Testament that prophesied the grace that would come to the Non-Jews. Something that refers to non-Jews?
glad you asked, Isaiah 49:5 "And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength."
Isaiah 49:6 "And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth."
Whoomp! There It Is... LOL, LOL, LOL. I can't believe christian, suppose to to be educate, and yet have no knowledge of the Word of God.

Isaiah 49:5 & 6, that's the messiah, hands down.... :D. oh how ignorant the suppose to be wise...

lets see what the other apostle to the Gentiles said about this, listen. Acts 26:19 "Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:"Acts 26:20 "But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance."Acts 26:21 "For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me."Acts 26:22 "Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:"Acts 26:23 "That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles."

well, well, well, seems like you struck out badly.

word of the LORD not Word of the LORD….lower case. Do you have any association with this word of the LORD with the Logos in the New Testament. The LORD had many words for the prophets but nothing to associate that with Christ or the Logos or “the Holy Spirit”
he was in trhem in the OT, and at John 1:1 what was "Word" is the OT is now manifested, as Hebrews 1:1 &2 clearly points out "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,"Hebrews 1:2 "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;" lol, lol, lol, my God when will they learn.
There is nothing here pertaining to Christ. This is Isaiah rebuttal to the Assyrians for not believing him. It may pertain to the tongues in the New Testament. Paul quotes this in 1st Corinthians 14:21 to show that tongues are a sign of rebuke to unbelievers. Still nothing pointing to Christ....messiah....or Yeshua.
oh foolish of heart, 1 Peter 2:2 "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:"1 Peter 2:3 "If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious." (smile)... lol.

now the killer verses, Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." (read that again GH). :D
Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe." (knock knock)
Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

so Grailhunter when you get off that breast and milk then you can understand the word of God, no put down, just observation.... :rolleyes:

PICJAG

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
glad you asked, Isaiah 49:5 "And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength."
Isaiah 49:6 "And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth."
Whoomp! There It Is... LOL, LOL, LOL. I can't believe christian, suppose to to be educate, and yet have no knowledge of the Word of God.
The word Gentile is a Greek New Testament word...lol...the Hebrew does not have an equivalent word for gentile. That word should be nations....goy.
Wrong again!!! Next!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word Gentile is a Greek New Testament word...lol...the Hebrew does not have an equivalent word for gentile. That word should be nations....goy.
Wrong again!!! Next!
well lets see, Isaiah 49:6 "And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth."

Gentiles:
H1471 גּוֹי gowy (go'-ee) n-m.
גֹּי goy (go'-ee) [shortened (rarely)]
1. a foreign nation.
2. (hence) a Gentile.
3. (figuratively) a troop of animals, or a flight of locusts.
[apparently from the same root as H1465 (in the sense of massing)]
KJV: Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
See also: H1465

Matthew 4:15 "The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;"
Matthew 6:32 "(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things."

Gentiles:
G1484 ἔθνος ethnos (eth'-nos) n.
1. a race (as of the same habit), i.e. a tribe.
2. (specially) a foreign (non-Jewish) one, Gentiles.
3. (usually, by implication) pagan.
[probably from G1486]
KJV: Gentile, heathen, nation, people
Root(s): G1486

both seem to say the same thing, now that's two strikes within the hour, don't strike out ok..... :eek:

PICJAG

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well lets see, Isaiah 49:6 "And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth."

Gentiles:
H1471 גּוֹי gowy (go'-ee) n-m.
גֹּי goy (go'-ee) [shortened (rarely)]
1. a foreign nation.
2. (hence) a Gentile.
3. (figuratively) a troop of animals, or a flight of locusts.
[apparently from the same root as H1465 (in the sense of massing)]
KJV: Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
See also: H1465

Matthew 4:15 "The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;"
Matthew 6:32 "(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things."

Gentiles:
G1484 ἔθνος ethnos (eth'-nos) n.
1. a race (as of the same habit), i.e. a tribe.
2. (specially) a foreign (non-Jewish) one, Gentiles.
3. (usually, by implication) pagan.
[probably from G1486]
KJV: Gentile, heathen, nation, people
Root(s): G1486

both seem to say the same thing, now that's two strikes within the hour, don't strike out ok..... :eek:

PICJAG
So you are thinking that a Hebrew wrote a Greek word in the Old Testament that did not exist yet.
Or did a Christian wrote a English equivalent of the Greek word..eidololátris into the KJV.

Last edited:

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

wish you well.

PICJAG

The spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit. Here, "spirit" is a noun, not an adverb, so it is speaking of two identities. The Holy Spirit is our spirit as well. "but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" The key word here is "moved" an action. That is what the HS does, it provides the power no matter how small or large, in other words, "The Holy Spirit opened their spiritual ears to receive the word of Christ, to share it w/ others as motivated by the HS.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit. Here, "spirit" is a noun, not an adverb, so it is speaking of two identities. The Holy Spirit is our spirit as well. "but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" The key word here is "moved" an action. That is what the HS does, it provides the power no matter how small or large, in other words, "The Holy Spirit opened their spiritual ears to receive the word of Christ, to share it w/ others as motivated by the HS.
what do you think "prophecy is? well......

the Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit who is JESUS, God almighty diversified in flesh.... (smile). how hard it that to understand?

PICJAG

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what do you think "prophecy is? well......

the Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit who is JESUS, God almighty diversified in flesh.... (smile). how hard it that to understand?

PICJAG
How hard is it to understand that when you chop out "God the Father" from the Bible this applies to you?

Revelation 22:19 (NKJV)
19 If anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.