Going through the fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
What does going through the fire with God feel like. What are some words to best describe this situation.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
This is how it has been for me

(Isa 4:4) When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

(Mal 3:2) But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

(Mar 9:49) For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.

(Joh 7:37) In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
(Joh 7:38) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(Joh 7:39) (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

(Luk 3:16) John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire:

This God is FIRE;

(Luk 12:49) I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

(Heb 12:29) For our God is a consuming fire.

Rev_8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
Rev_8:5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar,

The altar of sacrifice of prayer arising from within the Temple Body of who I am in Christ IS FIRE...

1Co_6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye

This Holy fiery Christ in me...

(Rev 1:13) And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
(Rev 1:14) His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
(Rev 1:15) And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
(Rev 1:16) And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

This is the fiery person who Has Come to me in the New Marriage Coveant :) Two are one now. Christ in me...

(Rom 8:10) And if Christ be in you...

(Act 1:8) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

And now I preach the gospel of My Husband as a messenger to others;

(Heb 1:7) and unto the messengers, indeed, He saith, `Who is making His messengers spirits, and His ministers a flame of fire;'

Which has this effect;

(Luk 12:49) I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

(1Co 3:13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
(1Co 3:14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
(1Co 3:15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

(1Pe 1:7) That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

All accomplished by His fiery presence in us and through us via;

1Co_1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co_1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

So I say "come". As my Husband of Fire says "Come".This is how it is for me thank you for asking so love giving witness of my Wonderful Counselor my Husband :)

(Rev 22:17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, seems like the book of Daniel might be the place to look for a rather literal Biblical view of what going through the fire looks like! ;)

That said, I think going through the fire is more of a long term view and understanding that even this will pass. I heard a pastor characterize it not as the absence of emotion or struggle, but rather as the long view steeped in hope (!!) and trust in the Lord. It brings about a source of peace that remains with you. Again, I think it doesn't mean you won't get rattled, but we all know those wisdom-filled Christians who just don't get worked up, even in the really bad times.

My favorite description of this is Philippians 4:7. My wife is going through some issues right now and I've been calm in the big moments because I know God is working it out!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP said:
What does going through the fire with God feel like. What are some words to best describe this situation.
I'm guessing what you mean is being hit by the Holy Spirit, from my experience, uncontrollable joy is what happens when i go through the fire with God, one time my hands were shaking uncontrollably, it's an amazing feeling, you can just feel the power of the Holy Spirit go through you. Some people hop, some people shout with joy, some people laugh, it's a great feeling.