He is coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him

Israel’s Priests Prepare for the Third Temple
Reserve Free BibleDonate Now

A woman looks toward the Temple Mount from the Mount of Olives.

“Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.” (Luke 21:31)

Despite the Muslim community working diligently to deny the very existence of an historic link between the modern Jewish state and ancient Judea, work continues toward a Third Temple, including the creation of Temple vessels and the training of the Levites, who are appointed for Temple service, and Kohanim (Priests).

In order to deny the Jewish claim to the Temple Mount, even the slightest evidence of the First and Second Holy Temple is routinely covered or destroyed by the Jerusalem Islamic Authority, the Waqf.

The Waqf, which is in control of administering the site, has dug up and dumped ancient and priceless remains of the Beit HaMikdash (Temple) in a public land fill, with no concern for the millennia of artifacts they are destroying in the process.

A model of the Second Temple and the Temple Mount

Since the Israeli government gave control to the Waqf in 1967, the Waqf, in cooperation with Israeli police, has effectively barred Jews and Christians from worshiping on the Mount, sometimes even banning their access to it.

Even though the Israeli government allows the police to enforce this unjust practice, Jews pray daily, “May it be Your will that the temple be speedily rebuilt in our own time.” They have done so ever since the destruction of the last Jewish Temple by the Roman general Titus in AD 70.

In recent years, several organizations have married their prayer with action.

Donate now to make an eternal impact
According to Chaim Richman, the director of the Temple Institute in Jerusalem, whose headquarters is a short distance away from the Western Wall in the Old City, a “Temple in waiting” has essentially already been created.

“The Temple Institute is actively engaged in the research and preparation of the resumption of service in the Holy Temple to the extent of actually preparing operational blueprints for the construction of the Temple according to the most modern standards,” Richman told CBN News’ Chris Mitchell.

Chaim Richman, the director of the Temple Institute in Jerusalem. (YouTube capture)

Indeed, the Institute has already created ove

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him
Click Here to Support Orr Shalom
Passover sacrifice reenacted by Jewish priests-in-training
After 2,000 years, a group that wants to build the Third Temple stages what it says is a historically accurate practice run
By AMANDA BORSCHEL-DAN
31 March 2015, 11:02 pm 35
COHANIM-640x400.jpg

Garbed in white and sounding silver trumpets, priests-in-training prepare for a practice Passover sacrifice. (Courtesy of The Temple Institute.
The fall of the Second Temple 2,000-odd years ago may have seen the end of sacrificial offerings in Judaism. But ahead of Friday’s festival of Passover, the Jerusalem-based Temple Institute has released a video offering an “authentic reenactment” of the ancient biblical practice.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not arguing, only asking is Jesus telling his diciples privately what they will witness, or is He speaking of things that you will witness?
Matthew 24:3 KJV
[3] And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
And Jesus answered with verses 4 through 61.
The disciples,,,IMHO...wanted to know more about His Second Coming....of course they waited until He was finished teaching to the multitude. Wouldn't you consider it rude to interrupt Jesus while He is teaching to ask questions?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus answered with verses 4 through 61.
The disciples,,,IMHO...wanted to know more about His Second Coming....of course they waited until He was finished teaching to the multitude. Wouldn't you consider it rude to interrupt Jesus while He is teaching to ask questions?
Ok, I get it, you believe that in Matthew 24 when Jesus is telling the 12 in front of Him “when you see these things” the you in the verse is actually, well, you.
Ok, thanks a lot. It’s been interesting.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I get it, you believe that in Matthew 24 when Jesus is telling the 12 in front of Him “when you see these things” the you in the verse is actually, well, you.
Ok, thanks a lot. It’s been interesting.
How do come up with such crazy conclusions?. It is a tactic I noticed you use often with others as well. It's called diversion...funny how similar that word is to division.
Now I am not offended by your personal thoughts about my beliefs.. just don't attack me with petty slurs and false inuendos.
But one thing needs to be cleared up...there is no possible way you know how I think.:)
Have a blessed day and let

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do come up with such crazy conclusions?. It is a tactic I noticed you use often with others as well. It's called diversion...funny how similar that word is to division.
Now I am not offended by your personal thoughts about my beliefs.. just don't attack me with petty slurs and false inuendos.
But one thing needs to be cleared up...there is no possible way you know how I think.:)
He is coming

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:15 KJV
[15] When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Jesus here tells His disciples they will see the abomination of desolation, it’s very clear He is speaking to the men in front of Him.

My question is did His disciples see the very thing that Jesus said they would see?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:15 KJV
[15] When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Jesus here tells His disciples they will see the abomination of desolation, it’s very clear He is speaking to the men in front of Him.

My question is did His disciples see the very thing that Jesus said they would see?
I already posted the link that answers this question. Did you get a chance to read it?
Second fulfillment of the abomination of desolation
A second fulfillment of the abomination of desolation occurred in A.D. 70 when Roman armies under Titus sacked the city of Jerusalem. In the process, Titus’ forces destroyed the temple building and altar. It has not been rebuilt to this day. Luke 21:20 identifies Jerusalem being “surrounded by armies” before its desolation in A.D. 70.

This event also appears to be the forerunner of a similar event that will happen shortly before the return of Christ.

I believe the Disciples witnessed this destruction.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him
You can do your own studies from this point...
.....depicts Jewish captives in chains and Roman soldiers carrying the seven-branched temple candlestick on their shoulders. Yet, while the Jews suffered starvation, slaughter, and capture, their fellow Christians in Jerusalem escaped.

How were the Christians spared?

About thirty-seven years before the destruction, Jesus had foretold the terrible events that would follow his death. He warned his followers to immediately flee Jerusalem when the signs he predicted occurred. The Christian community carefully watched for the signs and followed the Savior’s warning.

The Lord first identified the situation leading up to destruction: Many would deceive the people by saying that they were prophets or even Christ himself. The disciples would be delivered up and afflicted, hated of all nations. Betrayal and iniquity would abound, and the love of many would turn cold. (See Matt. 24:10–12; JS—M 1:6–10.)

The Lord then taught of two major signs that would alert believers to flee: “When ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.” (Luke 21:20.)

He also said, “When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

“Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

“Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

“Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.” (Matt. 24:15–18.)

Of the abomination of desolation to which Jesus referred, Daniel wrote, “They shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.” (Dan. 11:31.)

The abomination had happened in 170 B.C. when the Syrian king Antiochus IV ordered a massacre in Jerusalem, profaned the altar of the temple, and carried away the temple treasures.2 The horrifying events under Antiochus were familiar to every Jew, and those who heard Jesus’ reference to Daniel vividly understood the Savior’s prophecies.

Among the tragedies that the Lord said would happen was the destruction of the temple. The magnificent structure Solomon had built had already been destroyed and rebuilt twice. It would be destroyed again, and the Jews scattered to the four corners of the earth!

Unfortunately, the New Testament is silent concerning the fulfillment of the Savior’s prophecies in Matthew 24. [Matt. 24] History, however, reveals that his prophecies were realized. It also reveals the stunning fact that the believers obeyed the warnings, fled Jerusalem to a town called Pella, and thus saved themselves. The early Christian scholar Eusebius wrote:

“The whole body, however, of the church at Jerusalem, having been commanded by a divine revelation, given to men of approved piety there before the war, removed from the city, and dwelt at a certain town beyond the Jordan, called Pella.”3

Epiphanes also attested to the Christian escape, according to Bible scholar Adam Clarke. The latter wrote: “It is very remarkable that not a single Christian perished in the destruction of Jerusalem, though there were many there when Cestius Gallus invested the city; and, had he persevered in the siege, he would soon have rendered himself master of it; but, when he unexpectedly and unaccountably raised the siege, the Christians took that opportunity to escape. …

“[As] Vespasian was approaching with his army, all who believed in Christ left Jerusalem and fled to Pella, and other places beyond the river Jordan; and so they all marvellously escaped the general shipwreck of their country: not one of them perished.”4

Pella must not have been the only destination of fleeing Christians, but it was the most prominent at the time. The flight to Pella took place in A.D. 66 during the attack by Gallus.

Four years later came the fall of Jerusalem. Titus laid siege to the capital, and his battering rams broke down the great walls. The Jews, who were already suffering from plunder, murder, pestilence, and famine among themselves, were easy prey for the fire and swords of the Tenth Roman Legion.

The Master’s chilling words concerning the fate of the temple in Jerusalem were completely fulfilled: “Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.” (Mark 13:2.) The building the Lord called “my house” (Matt. 21:13) had stood on “immense foundations of solid blocks of white marble covered with gold.”5 Some of the blocks were 67 1/2 feet long by 9 feet thick. The temple towered 100 feet into the air, fronted by two immense columns. The imposing structure was laid waste, with no part of the building left intact. Only a part of the original wall that had surrounded the temple mount remained.

Jesus had given adequate warning, and those who heeded the prophecies survived, while most others perished. Pella continued as an important Christian center for more than seventy years, during the time that Jerusalem remained desolate. Extensive ruins of Pella lie near the modern village Tabaqat Fahl in the northern foothills of the Jordan Valley—perhaps the “mountains” Jesus referred to—fifty-three miles north of Amman and two and a half miles east of the Jordan River.

Why is the flight to Pella important to us in the last dispensation? The prophecies of Jesus concerning Jerusalem and the temple are not a lesson of the past only. In this case, history presents a type of what will happen again. The Lord told us that the signs that preceded the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple shall occur again, including the abomination of desolation. (See JS—M 1:21–23, 27–32.) Our warning signals include hearing of “wars, and rumors of wars” and the “elect [being] gathered from the four quarters of the earth. …

“Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes. …

“Iniquity shall abound, the love of men shall wax cold. …

“[The] Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world, for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come, or the destruction of the wicked.” (JS—M 1:23, 27, 29–31.)

The Christians who fled to Pella “and other places beyond,” such as Antioch and, later, Ephesus, were saved. Would we have been among them?

“Whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived” (JS—M 1:37), the Lord says. He urges us to stand in holy places—places, as President Ezra Taft Benson has told us, that “include our temples, our chapels, our homes, and the stakes of Zion.”6 These are, as the Lord declares, “for a defense, and for a refuge from the storm, and from wrath when it shall be poured out without mixture upon the whole earth.” (D&C 115:6.)

Painting by James J. Tissot

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s the easiest way to remove yourself from this forum and any content one has shared?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s the easiest way to remove yourself from this forum and any content one has shared?
I don't know...ask lforrest...he is the admin who has access to all members accounts.
I think Angelina does as well.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if we focused on presence more than performance; on welcoming the King, instead of doing our churchy thing; on following His voice, more than following the set list....? ... maybe, just maybe, we’d find churches full of glory instead of powerless programmes! Oh for a generation so dissatisfied with religion, we forsake all else for the immeasurable outpouring our Jesus longs to send! Someone, somewhere, let your longing take over!
Very simply...

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;.."

If we are actively seeking those two things, is it really necessary for us to know what "all of these things which shall be added" are?

"... and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

What is time? When is The time? How much time remains to me of that which God has allotted to me? I don't know for me, but I should expect to know for someone or even for everyone else?

Very simply again is not the "seek ye the kingdom of God and his righteousness" bound by this?

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

If we are seeking the two things until our end, will it ever get dark for us? Man is concerned with time, but to whom does time and everything else belong until someone actually inherits? The heirs, while they are heirs, own nothing at all. When and if we inherit is that not the end of our time given to us by God? When has He come? When does he come? When shall he come?

When I, that is me, myself, close my carnal eyes for the last time what additional time is there for me?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have never heard this song...I love it.❤
It really focuses in to what is important - Jesus. Everything else is of lesser importance. He is the main event. If only the Church could return to that way of thinking. If only the Holy Spirit would touch all our hearts and minds and fill us with fire and passion for Jesus.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It really focuses in to what is important - Jesus. Everything else is of lesser importance. He is the main event. If only the Church could return to that way of thinking. If only the Holy Spirit would touch all our hearts and minds and fill us with fire and passion for Jesus.

Luke 24:31-33

Then their eyes were opened and they recognised him, and he disappeared from their sight. They asked each other, ‘Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?’

Reactions: farouk