Hearing from the Lord testimonials

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the first 40 years of my life I didn't every hear a word from any spirit as far as I knew. I would not have wanted to. Then one day some weird things happened, and I wound up speaking out loud to God - asking Him if He has something to say - say it. I that moment I didn't hear from Him. I didn't really understand that God was spirit and what that meant.

Never-the-less He did get through to me a couple of months later when early on morning, right after I woke up, a voice suddenly said "Read Your Bible". Those words hit me with such power that it felt like I had gotten hit hard in the head. I was shaking. I had to check myself to make sure I was ok. Then I got a vision of my Bible behind my time clock. I looked over and there is was, but it shouldn't have been. I had not seen that bible for years, and I never looked at it. It was something my mom had given me perhaps a decade or more earlier. It should have been buried in some box in the garage or back of a closest.

That was just the beginning. I read the Bible. Strange that were not happening in my life (dreams, visions, premonitions). Yet none of those were the important things. The important thing was getting to know Him who talks to me. I came to know the One who had told me "Read Your Bible", and we became "friends".--- or at least most of the time. I can even get upset with Him, but among the many things He has told me; He told me was that He was always going to call me His friend.

So the important things for me, and for anyone, is to have a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. I have heard many people say that, but I find few (even Christians) who really spend much time actually talking back and forth with Him. He tells me that He wants people to listen to Him. If anyone does read the Bible, you read that exact thing - that He wants people to listen to Him.

Ps 81:13“Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!

Ps 81:8 “Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you;
O Israel, if you would listen to Me!

I have tried reasoning with people on this site - explaining that we need to hear from Him - but it didn't go well. So I am going to post lots of testimonies I have had from listening to Him. Hardly anyone posts testimonies - which is extremely sad to me because we all should have lots of testimonies about Him and also be excited about what He does when we know Him. So I am going to start posting lots of testimonies about Him, hoping that some will start to understand the value of actually listening to Him, see the possibilities, and start actually seeking His voice. So expect lots of testimonies about Him coming your way on this site.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks @Karl Peters and welcome to the forum. The Lord speak to me also, and often daily. Much of this is private and meant for myself and some is not. Do we have the courage to proclaim the Lord to others. It is important to listen to the Lord and walk in his ways. And it's also important to testify of him:

Luke 12:8 "Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:"

Matthew 10:32 "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven."

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks @Karl Peters and welcome to the forum. The Lord speak to me also, and often daily. Much of this is private and meant for myself and some is not. Do we have the courage to proclaim the Lord to others. It is important to listen to the Lord and walk in his ways. And it's also important to testify of him:

Luke 12:8 "Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:"

Matthew 10:32 "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven."

That is awesome - an extremely nice to hear because while I know there are people who do hear Him like that, most of the time, even on this forum it seem like those people can't be found. Anyway - I am going to post a lot of testimonies - and you are correct - that many are more personal. Most of what He does talk to me about are personal, and even when He uses me to help others there is always an aspect that is for me to learn from.

I do hope some people find encouragement in the testimonies that I am going to post.

Reactions: Pearl and dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried reasoning with people on this site - explaining that we need to hear from Him - but it didn't go well. So I am going to post lots of testimonies I have had from listening to Him. Hardly anyone posts testimonies - which is extremely sad to me because we all should have lots of testimonies about Him and also be excited about what He does when we know Him. So I am going to start posting lots of testimonies about Him, hoping that some will start to understand the value of actually listening to Him, see the possibilities, and start actually seeking His voice. So expect lots of testimonies about Him coming your way on this site.
What an awesome testimony. And i quite agree that there are not enough testimonies. I have posted a few but as you say we are few. I love to hear what God is doing in the lives of His people. It can be so encouraging and inspirational and there are always things to learn from them and apply to our own lives. I once heard a preacher say that to share our testimonies is like a weapon against the enemy when we hear them they build us up and strengthen us.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What an awesome testimony. And i quite agree that there are not enough testimonies. I have posted a few but as you say we are few. I love to hear what God is doing in the lives of His people. It can be so encouraging and inspirational and there are always things to learn from them and apply to our own lives. I once heard a preacher say that to share our testimonies is like a weapon against the enemy when we hear them they build us up and strengthen us.

Yes - exactly - there is something "And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony," (Rev 12:11) and also "“Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen..." (Jn 3:11)

I had been trying to explain and get people to believe that the Lord can be sought and hear from, but was not having much success in trying to explain that He is there to be heard from. So I am going to try giving testimonies about Him and hearing from Him and how it has changed my life.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes - exactly - there is something "And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony," (Rev 12:11) and also "“Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen..." (Jn 3:11)

I had been trying to explain and get people to believe that the Lord can be sought and hear from, but was not having much success in trying to explain that He is there to be heard from. So I am going to try giving testimonies about Him and hearing from Him and how it has changed my life.
I remember a lovely Spirit filled man telling me years ago that a good way to tell people about Jesus is to tell them your testimony of how you came to know him and of the things God has done in your life. He said they had to believe a personal experience even if they refused to believe scripture. The trouble is that so many people on sites like this do refuse to believe personal testimony and ask for proof. It is sad. But we mustn't be discouraged but build each other up by sharing as it says in the scriptures I have been looking for and which you have provided, sharing God's goodness will help us all to overcome the enemy.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember a lovely Spirit filled man telling me years ago that a good way to tell people about Jesus is to tell them your testimony of how you came to know him and of the things God has done in your life. He said they had to believe a personal experience even if they refused to believe scripture. The trouble is that so many people on sites like this do refuse to believe personal testimony and ask for proof. It is sad. But we mustn't be discouraged but build each other up by sharing as it says in the scriptures I have been looking for and which you have provided, sharing God's goodness will help us all to overcome the enemy.

Yes - I believe it is very important for the other believers (so that they don't think what they are experiencing with the Lord Jesus Christ is wrong) and also so that non-believers (and this can include Christian who are depending on there understanding instead of their relationship with Jesus Christ) to also hear our testimonies so they can consider and perhaps check and see if they can find Him. They can of course, because all who seek find, to to them who ask the door will be open. ( Mat 7) And what are we asking for really, if not Jesus Christ and His words. He is the manna from heaven.

Reactions: Pearl

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the first 40 years of my life I didn't every hear a word from any spirit as far as I knew. I would not have wanted to. Then one day some weird things happened, and I wound up speaking out loud to God - asking Him if He has something to say - say it. I that moment I didn't hear from Him. I didn't really understand that God was spirit and what that meant.

Never-the-less He did get through to me a couple of months later when early on morning, right after I woke up, a voice suddenly said "Read Your Bible". Those words hit me with such power that it felt like I had gotten hit hard in the head. I was shaking. I had to check myself to make sure I was ok. Then I got a vision of my Bible behind my time clock. I looked over and there is was, but it shouldn't have been. I had not seen that bible for years, and I never looked at it. It was something my mom had given me perhaps a decade or more earlier. It should have been buried in some box in the garage or back of a closest.

That was just the beginning. I read the Bible. Strange that were not happening in my life (dreams, visions, premonitions). Yet none of those were the important things. The important thing was getting to know Him who talks to me. I came to know the One who had told me "Read Your Bible", and we became "friends".--- or at least most of the time. I can even get upset with Him, but among the many things He has told me; He told me was that He was always going to call me His friend.

So the important things for me, and for anyone, is to have a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. I have heard many people say that, but I find few (even Christians) who really spend much time actually talking back and forth with Him. He tells me that He wants people to listen to Him. If anyone does read the Bible, you read that exact thing - that He wants people to listen to Him.

It was your place to do so, brother.

Did He not declare it? So many times I have cried out to Him, saying, "There are none who understand and none with ears to hear, Lord. No one!"

The Lord, who inclines His ear toward me, answered and said,

You are not the only one. As surely as you live, there are others. Did I not declare this to you from the beginning, that you are not the only one? Speak truly, then, and show forth what I have wrought in you.

I answered the Lord and said, "As I live, there are many who stand beside me and with me, and we are one. It is not a hard thing, that the Lord God is pleased to reveal Himself to one who is poor in spirit and trembles at His words. This one You will neither forsake nor turn away, Lord."

The Lord spoke, saying,

You do well, for there are many who listen to My voice. They hear and I know them, for they know Me.

Words cannot express my joy at this moment, @Karl Peters . Yes, every word which proceeds from His mouth is true. Every one!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, every word which proceeds from His mouth is true. Every one!
While every word from God is true, not every word in a man's mind is from God. We have to know the Bible, and exercise discernment.

Much love!

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our faith is in the Lord, the same Jesus Christ who was slain but is alive forevermore, not the reproach and hardness of unbelieving men.

“I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you." (John 16:12-15)

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

An evil generation seeks a sign, dear sister. I pay the naysayers and scoffers no mind for they judge what they do not understand, and do so harshly. The scriptures they claim to love convicts them of their unrighteous judgement.

Do not slander a slave to his master,
Or he will curse you and you will be found guilty.

(Proverbs 30:10)

“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye." (Matthew 7:1-5)

Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. (Romans 14:4)

The assumption of evil on the part of another by the blind judge is a grave matter. As they sow, so shall they reap: they accuse others of evil, turning a blind eye to the reproach they heap upon themselves. It's our place to forgive them of their trespass. Vengeance belongs to the Lord.

I encourage others to share freely without fear of reproach. There will always be those who oppose the work of Jesus Christ both in us and through us. We know the truth of the matter and they do not, so leave them to their accusations and assumption of evil. Tune them out. :)

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You’ll be interested in these two videos, I believe, on dwelling in Gods presence:

Or if you like those two, I found that he did 11 of those videos on YouTube:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGr6n7uL72_vTiHyRZvHxQ49tQ8zc73sZ

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While every word from God is true, not every word in a man's mind is from God. We have to know the Bible, and exercise discernment.

Much love!

Of course the Holy Spirit is not the only Spirit, and discernment of spirits is very important!!!!

So according to the Bible!!!! - How do we get discernment of spirits????

1 Cor 12:7- But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues.

The Bible does not give you the ability to distinguish between good and evil!!!!! The Holy Spirit does!!!! Thus if a person actually believed the Bible they would truly seek the Lord Jesus Christ how sends His Holy Spirit with His words for them personally. In that way they learn to discern between good and evil. That is why the Pharisees, though they studied the Scriptures, never-the-less had the devil as their father. They did know what spirit they were of because they leaned on their own understanding instead of seek the Word of God which Moses had explained was near them.

This had to often be explained to them, but those type still do not except the words in the Scriptures nor the testimony of those who do hear (Moses heard) So with their ears they barely hear, because they alway lean on their understanding instead of seek our Lord Jesus Christ!

We see this same probably many times in the Bible - like in the letter to the Hebrews. The Hebrews, being brought up with the Scriptures, should have been teachers and certainly they thought themselves as such, but we find they had poor hearing because they didn't practice hearing! We read that it is by practicing using our spiritual sences (not the reading the Bible but the hearing like the Bible explains) that a person learns to discern good and evil. Sadly - it take a lot of explaining because they refuse to seek the voice of the Lord!

Heb 5:11 - 14 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

So the Bible explains the problem! And there is nothing new under the sun. So we find Christians with this same problem today, and of which we are told about in the Bible.

Hearing from the Lord is a very very basic principle in Christianity!!! If you don't practice hearing from the Lord Jesus Christ via His Holy Spirit then you become dull of hearing (no matter whether you were raised with the Bible or not). That being dull of hearing means you don't get the teachings from the Lord via His Holy Spirit - so no gift of discernment from the Holy Spirit for you. Yet if you practice seeking the Lord Jesus Christ He keeps sending His Holy Spirit with words for you. You thus are all taught of God, who seek Him. You thus know Him as the Word of God, just like the Bible explains. You find and get gifts from the Holy Spirit It surely starts with salvation and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, via His Holy Spirit, but you get a lot more than that. You get an idea of what is going on in the spiritual realm around you!!

Oh - but this is a testimony section of the forum. So I will move on and start another testimony thread - this time I will cover something on discernment of spirits. :)

Reactions: Shattered