Hell is done away with according to Revelation, written to the 7 Churches in Asia Minor before Newness comes.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan, the False Prophet, The Beast, and Hades/Sheol is done away with, In Revelation 20.

Are you someone who fully believes that these things have happened? For me my choice is to say yes. But you may say no.

IMG_0963.jpg

Was the devil bound up for a time while Paul went out and delivered the messages to the Gentiles, till their time had been filled and then came, the Lord Jesus Christ, for the bride in that day? Saving them from the destruction of Israel? Many questions, is 1000 years really 1000 years or is it a just a period of time, like 1 day with the Lord is 1000 year, and 1000 year is like one day?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan, the False Prophet, The Beast, and Hades/Sheol is done away with, In Revelation 20.
Again you pick the parts you like.

Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that verse is there. It talks about the beast, the false prophet, and the devil. Those are going to be in the lake of fire forever. It also talks about hell being done away with too, after dumping out the souls from with-in it, which are judged, they also have a part in the lake of fire, if a person goes on to read Revelation 21, and 22. But it does not say it is forever, for them. Only for Satan, the. beast, and the prophet.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that verse is there. It talks about the beast, the false prophet, and the devil. Those are going to be in the lake of fire forever. It also talks about hell being done away with too, after dumping out the souls from with-in it, which are judged, they also have a part in the lake of fire, if a person goes on to read Revelation 21, and 22.
You're doing the JW twist.

I'll believe Jesus:

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Reactions: DavidTaylor

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Are you someone who fully believes that these things have happened? For me my choice is to say yes. But you may say no.

View attachment 33125

Paul said that some are such strong doubters, that the only way to get them to believe is to make them believe in God's eternal flames of judgement.

Hell then the Lake of fire.

New International Version
save others by snatching them from the FIRE; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

New Living Translation
Rescue others by snatching them from the FLAMES of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives.

English Standard Version
save others by snatching them out of the FLAMES; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a Jehovah's witness... You seem to have some type of issue and I will have to just give up and stop commenting... You wont hear from me anymore cause Idk what else to do but just put you on ignore. Take care Jack.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is very clear that there is eternal torment for the wicked. They will have a conscious existence in the afterlife.

Mark 9:42-48
42 "And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck. 43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 where

"'their worm does not die,
and the fire is not quenched
.'

Matthew 8:11-13
11 "I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven; 12 but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Matthew 13:41-43
41 "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 "Then THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Matthew 13:49-50
49 "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, 50 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 22:13-14
"Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.' 14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

Matthew 24:48-51
48 "But if that evil slave says in his heart, 'My master is not coming for a long time,' 49 and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards; 50 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know, 51 and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:29-30
29 "For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 30 "Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

2 Peter 2:1-9
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them — bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.

Jude 4-7, 12-13

4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home — these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

12 These men are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm — shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted — twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

Revelation 21:8

8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars — their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Revelation 19:20-21
20 But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Revelation 20:10
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:12-15

12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Scripture uses these terms and phrases as synonyms:

Unquenchable fire
Fiery hell
Black darkness
Outer darkness
Furnace of fire
Fire and brimstone
The smoke of their torment
The lake of fire which burns with brimstone
Where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched
The eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels

All of the above carry the same meaning and consequences for the wicked.

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Below we have from got questions the confirmation of everything I said from my study of the topic above. This is what has been taught in Christendom from the beginning.

The punishment of the wicked dead in hell is described throughout Scripture as “eternal fire” (Matthew 25:41), “unquenchable fire” (Matthew 3:12), “shame and everlasting contempt” (Daniel 12:2), a place where “the fire is not quenched” (Mark 9:44-49), a place of “torment” and “fire” (Luke 16:23-24), “everlasting destruction” (2 Thessalonians 1:9), a place where “the smoke of torment rises forever and ever” (Revelation 14:10-11), and a “lake of burning sulfur” where the wicked are “tormented day and night forever and ever” (Revelation 20:10).

The punishment of the wicked in hell is as never ending as the bliss of the righteous in heaven. Jesus Himself indicates that punishment in hell is just as everlasting as life in heaven (Matthew 25:46). The wicked are forever subject to the fury and the wrath of God. Those in hell will acknowledge the perfect justice of God (Psalm 76:10). Those who are in hell will know that their punishment is just and that they alone are to blame (Deuteronomy 32:3-5). Yes, hell is real. Yes, hell is a place of torment and punishment that lasts forever and ever, with no end.

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a Jehovah's witness... You seem to have some type of issue and I will have to just give up and stop commenting... You wont hear from me anymore cause Idk what else to do but just put you on ignore. Take care Jack.
you do have very similar beliefs in common with them hence the assumption with the association of the JW's

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will the spiritual body of those whom are resurrected in their condemned body be everlasting? Who are outside the Kingdom?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said that some are such strong doubters, that the only way to get them to believe is to make them believe in God's eternal flames of judgement.

Hell then the Lake of fire.

New International Version
save others by snatching them from the FIRE; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

New Living Translation
Rescue others by snatching them from the FLAMES of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives.

English Standard Version
save others by snatching them out of the FLAMES; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.
I am not sure what you mean by your first sentence?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States