Here's a likeable thread: Name something you like about a denomination (of Church) other than your own! (really, anything)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see I'm dealing with a sly rascal here!

I'll have to stick with Scripture when dealing with this rascally rascal.

Where he can't turn the tables on me!
I think "wascally wabbit" would have been a better phrase choice.
An Elmer Fudd quote, I believe.

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't born with the gene required for this type of thing.

I'm sure it's great for you, but not something I would desire to do.
The devil made me do it. - LOL
And unfortunately, all the girls want me too. (sigh) - LOL

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So this was a popular thread, back when I was posting on another board: Name something you like about a denomination (of Church) other than your own!

I would post something myself, but I don't want to prejudice others' ideas.

Are they (the other Churches) pro-active? Organized? Methodical? What?

We really should be learning from each other, don'tcha think?
I liked the liturgical recitations when I was in the Lutheran church a short time. I liked the power I felt in the prayers at the pentecostal church. And I just loved the way my mother in law's presbyterian church decorated at Christmas!

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Gottservant

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i liked the social aspect of the Church of England - Young mums, Christmas fairs and summer fetes, walking together with a wooden cross on Good Friday, Walking around the parish boundary with the big banner. And all those wonderful old hymns.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i liked the social aspect of the Church of England - Young mums, Christmas fairs and summer fetes, walking together with a wooden cross on Good Friday, Walking around the parish boundary with the big banner. And all those wonderful old hymns.
Hey Pearl,
Do you attend the COE? Are you Anglican I wonder as, the Episcopal church's here are. and they stem from the COE. Just curious!
xx

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was in London many years ago, compliments of Uncle Sam (military). We were given a 3 day pass, and went to an old Church for the service.

They brought an 8 ft. wooden Cross to the front and stood it there. From types and shadows, the pastor presented Christ being present from every book of the Old Testament, From Gen. to Mal. Every account was seen with Christ bearing His Cross in some form.

It was quite an experience, I had never seen the Church in that fashion.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Pearl,
Do you attend the COE? Are you Anglican I wonder as, the Episcopal church's here are. and they stem from the COE. Just curious!
xx
I started off Church of England/Anglican but I'm now non denominational. My first church was lovely but wasn't able to baptise me so I left. I believe Episcopal may be similar but not sure.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love those old hymns!!

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Gottservant

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So . . . you are a language guy? Cool!

Much love!
My background is primarily in the visual end of things. (art/design)
But I am very engaged with the textual aspect as well.
And the musical aspect as a lyricist and musician.
What is your background or interest? (in words/language)

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some of the artwork you find in established Churches, is really good!

From stained glass windows, to sculptures, to paintings - all impressive (and captivating).