• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not so much!

Being born again is not the same as abiding in Himn!

You can't abide in Christ unless you are "in Christ", and to be in Christ is to be born again.

You seem to think that your self effort keeps you in the redemption of God and i can assure you that your works are as dirty in God's eyes today, as they will be tomorrow.
episkopos, - You have no righteousness that isn't Given to you by God.
Zero.

So, your odd theology is a rejection of simple Pauline Theology that teaches that God as Christ, redeemed the world from Sin, and this SALVATiON is offered to all as a free gift, through their Faith....>"justification by Faith".
Your religion, is not connected to Paul's epistles, and its not connected to "justification by faith" at all.
Its connected to works and self effort and this is not connected to the Blood Atonement.
You are a devout Legalist, proven so by every post to me you've ever written, including the next 20.

Reactions: mailmandan

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I get my theology from Paul.
"Pauline Theology".
Go and research this, and then you'll not be so confused when you read my Threads and Posts.....and until you do come into alignment with Paul's theology, , your religion is going to have trouble flowing with the Grace of God, as evidenced by every word you have posted to me, since i showed up.

Its just like this idea you have of "judgment day".
Are you a Mormon or a JW?
As your whole theological concept is so odd.
It not as wild and off the mark as Episkopos.., so be thankful.

Listen, there is no JUDGEMENT DAY for the born again.., regarding SIN.
This was resolved by the CROSS.
God does not JUDGE FOR SIN the born again after they die, when He has already judged JESUS on the Cross, for the sin of the world.
Listen, the born again meet God as FATHER......Not as JUDGE......And you have no idea about this, and that is quite amazing.
"Judgment day", is Revelation 20:11,.... Giuliano....and its reserved only for the UNBELIEVERS = Christ rejectors, who were never born again, or as Jesus says of them...."depart, i never knew you"...

There is however, a "bema" seat.....a judgment seat of Christ, that is for the born again, where Christ will deal with the born again regarding our works we did for Him, "in His body".....as believers.. but this is not a judgment for SIN.. This is the Redeemer meeting His Redeemed, His BLOOD BOUGHT = in Heaven, and that will be a beautiful experience, tho, it will be a sobering one, also.

"Pauline theology?" We really must find this "Pauline" who is spreading so much disinformation.:rolleyes:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Pauline theology?" We really must find this "Pauline" :rolleyes:

No, you must, episkopos...
We've all found this out about you, tho, most knew it long before i showed up, not so long ago.
Keep posting, as you just become more clearly shown, and not in a good way, the more you show us your obsessive need to hear yourself talk.

Reactions: mailmandan

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get my theology from Paul.
"Pauline Theology".
Go and research this, and then you'll not be so confused when you read my Threads and Posts.....and until you do come into alignment with Paul's theology, , your religion is going to have trouble flowing with the Grace of God, as evidenced by every word you have posted to me, since i showed up.

Its just like this idea you have of "judgment day".
Are you a Mormon or a JW?
As your whole theological concept is so odd.

Listen, there is no JUDGEMENT DAY for the born again.., regarding SIN.
This was resolved by the CROSS.
God does not JUDGE FOR SIN the born again after they die, when He has already judged JESUS on the Cross, for the sin of the world.
Listen, the born again meet God as FATHER......Not as JUDGE......And you have no idea about this, and that is quite amazing.
"Judgment day", is Revelation 20:11,.... Giuliano....and its reserved only for the UNBELIEVERS = Christ rejectors, who were never born again, or as Jesus says of them...."depart, i never knew you"...
Who does he tell that?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

There is however, a "bema" seat.....a judgment seat of Christ, that is for the born again, where Christ will deal with the born again regarding our works we did for Him, "in His body".....as believers.. but this is not a judgment for SIN.. This is the Redeemer meeting His Redeemed, His BLOOD BOUGHT = in Heaven, and that will be a beautiful experience, tho, it will be a sobering one, also.
So now a judgment is not a judgment. Curiouser and curiouser.

About Paul? Careful.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

Reactions: amadeus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, you must, episkopos...
We've all found this out about you, tho, most knew it long before i showed up, not so long ago.
Keep posting, as you just become more clearly shown, and not in a good way, the more you show us your obsessive need to hear yourself talk.

Wow..talk about projecting. ;)

What you are espousing is about saving yourself.

Self: ME at your expense.

So you justify yourself at the expense of the death of Jesus. And you are trying to justify your constant nonsense posting by making it look like I'm the one doing it. And that is the self life that you pander to...and falsely think that God panders to.

Reactions: faithfulness

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader,.//

There is no Sin "in Christ".
You can't be "ONE" with God and Christ and have any sin..
Do you understand what it means to be "in Christ". ????
Once you do, then when you read this verse, it'll make sense to you. =. 1st John 3 """Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for God's seed remaineth in him: and the born again cannot sin, because they are born of God."""
Notice it says...."CANNOT SIN"..

"but Behold, over here it says "if we say we have no sin"..

Yeah, I CAN READ, but i can do more then this, reader, i can discern and i can rightly divide and im not going to lead you into more confusion, im going to lead you out of it and into the Grace of God......if you will listen.
If you wont then keep sinning and repenting... its your freewill.

So, SAINT.... when you find this "cannot SIN" verse that seems to contradict 1st John 1 that says..."if we say we have no sin"...
When you can't understand why one verse, same apostle, says....>"if WE SAY", when he's not talking about himself, as he later says...>"Cannot sin"...

See, when a person is not familiar with what it means to be "blood bought" and "made the righteousness of Christ", and they do not understand "the gift of Righteousness", or the Grace of God, or the Blood Atonement.... or why Romans 4:8 says that God does not charge the born again with their sin.....then they read 1 John that says....>"if we say we have no sin"....then later they read in 1st John that the born again "cannot sin"...and their head spins off and they sit there thinking...>"what". !!
But you see...
This is why the NT tells you that the word of God is "spiritually discerned", and when its not then you will find carnal people who live on forums who will never be able to understand how the same apostle can say to one group "if we say we have no sin", then when talking to the born again later he says., '"cannot sin".

Here is my advice....
Read what i teach, and take it to heart as God gives you the revelation of His amazing Grace, and avoid liars and deceivers and similar who can't understand the NT, even tho they will post 50 verses in every post, as if this proves anything....which it doesn't.
See, God is not interested in you posting verses, He's interested in you understanding them....
Remember that.

Reader, you can't be both a "sinner" with sin, and "the righteousness of God, in Christ" also, at the same time.
Your "repenting" and "confessing".. does not wash away your sin, ....not ever. If it could, then Jesus could have stayed in Heaven and saved himself a lot of PAIN !!
Understand clearly, that if you still have sin, you are not born again, you are not saved, and you are as Christ says....>"in your sin" needing to be REDEEMED.

So, you are ether IN CHRIST or IN YOUR SIN, and you need to listen to a skilled teacher, ME, who understands how to lead many of you from your self righteous theology that is keeping you in a deceived carnal mind that thinks you are a "sinner", when God says you are a Saint, and John says you "cannot sin".
It is written,

Act 20:28, Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Act 20:29, For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Act 20:30, Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
Act 20:31, Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

The reality of the matter is that 1 John 1:8 is a reality that is not to be denied; while in not denying this reality we can also come to terms with 1 John 3:5-9 with the understanding that there is no contradiction between these verses.

For in 1 John 1:8, it is speaking of indwelling sin; the fact that sin dwells within us as an element that is either alive or dead (see Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8). If it is alive, then it works within you to cause you to do all manner of iniquity. But if it is dead, then it has no power over you. And thus, 1 John 3:9 is not in contradiction to 1 John 1:8. For I do not have to sin if sin is rendered dead within me. Yet, by saying that sin is dead within me, I am also not denying the reality of indwelling sin; and therefore am not in violation of 1 John 1:8.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive not used the term "sinless perfection".
Heretics here accuse me of teaching this, because they are not able to realize that understanding How the Grace of God manifests the born again as the Righteousness of God in Christ, can't be understood by the rational mind or explained in a way that uses language that is secular.
So, when secular carnal Christians read words that are spiritual, that are explaining the finished work of the Blood of Jesus, in a way that has to be Spiritually discerned, then their carnal mind will rebel.
This is always how it plays out when spiritual teaching is resisted by people who are walking in their flesh. Those who are sinning and confessing.
So, you are not really discerning what im teaching, because you are seeing it only with your mind, and that is never going to allow you to SEE what im teaching.

Also, preacher4truth, You have a "bumper sticker" mentality regarding some legalist phrases that you are obsessed with, that were created by some really bad hyper religious people who do not accept "justification by faith".

So, when you use these carnal bumper stickers...
1.) license to sin
2.) OSAS
3.) Hyper Grace
4.) Easy Believism

Just remember that these bumper stickers were created by Cross denying Heretics, who hate Grace and deny that "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross" is actually "finished" within the redemption regarding a born again Child of God.
So, be careful that you align yourself with "the gift of righteousness", lest you be found teaching against it, while pretending you are "nothing but Grace through Faith".
Hear me?

So, i have a simple request for you.

Preacher4Truth, explain how and why....>"The blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved"..
It is written in the Bible (in Jude 1:3-4 NIV) that there will come in teachers who will teach that grace is a license for sin (immorality); whose condemnation has been marked out long ago.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Want a solution that does not involve studying what i teach?

then here is one.....
Stop living in the OLD TESTAMENT.
Thats got to happen, before you can even begin to start living in the NEW COVENANT.

Your alt name is OT.
Your responses are OT.

GET OUT OF THE OT.
Jesus didnt die so that you can live in the OT.
He established the NEW> with His BLOOD......so find your way THERE,..2chr34:19
‘If they do not believe Moses and the prophets, they would not be persuaded, even though one rises from the dead’.

Do you believe the Genesis creation account?

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
‘If they do not believe Moses and the prophets, they would not be persuaded, even though one rises from the dead’.

Your alt picture suggests you are a catholic

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Behold has become (or considers himself to be) an expert on the spiritual condition of others (just ignore his remarks).

In other words, he has the delusion that he himself is God, knowing the hearts of Christians. That is similar to Mormon theology, where every Mormon is evolving to become God. But "Behold" has already arrived. Another Joseph Smith!
It’s ok. I’ve had many teachers, some good, some bad

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are the works of the flesh...
Not "sin".

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings

So, the works of the flesh listed above are not sins...got it.

I think that even the most naive reader can see that you are way out in left field here.

Where do you get such ideas?

I wonder why there will be a Judgment Day then. God would already have seen all mankind as innocent. Who are the goats and who are the sheep? Why preach the Gospel to anyone if Jesus has already been judged for our sins? Why read the Bible or go to church? Why pray? Why do anything?

The fact that Jesus was judged in our place does not amount to Universalism; because we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand. A person must believe in Jesus in order to obtain the forgiveness that is offered to us in the Cross.

You have a low opinion of man.

So did the Lord, John 2:24-25, Matthew 7:11, Luke 11:13.

This is backwards. God didn't judge His Son. People did.

Actually, @Behold is right on this issue. The Lord Jesus was judged on our behalf; for He took our sins upon Himself and was judged in our place over our sins. He took the penalty for our sins in dying on the Cross. It was a propitiation of God's wrath.

I agree that @Episkopos is off-base in some things; but so are you. And your error is a salvation issue. You must accept the concept of indwelling sin in order to be saved; which concept you deny.

So now a judgment is not a judgment. Curiouser and curiouser.

And, @Behold is also preaching accurate doctrine in this, that there is a bema seat in which our judgment will be according to the good works that we did; and those things done with proper motives will remain and we will receive a reward; while things done with improper motives will burn in the fires of judgment (see 1 Corinthians 3:11-15).

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually, @Behold is right on this issue. The Lord Jesus was judged on our behalf; for He took our sins upon Himself and was judged in our place over our sins. He took the penalty for our sins in dying on the Cross. It was a propitiation of God's wrath.

You should suspect something is off when you agree with Behold. :) You are both wrong about the wrath of God on Jesus. The wrath of God is still coming. it's the devil that wants you to relax into a vegetative state thinking that all is peace and safety and there's no chance of falling under the wrath of God.

Knowing the terror of the Lord we warn men. Wake up from the spiritual kool-aid and fear the Lord. Redeem the time and move forward with God.

Jesus took our sins on Himself because our evil pushed that on Him. By His stripes we are healed....healed of attacking holiness and perfection in order to promote our own polluted ways and opinions. Healed of pursuing our own vanity. Healed and surrendered to God...if indeed we are not found to actually be enemies of the cross as so many modern believers are today.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This verse from Hebrews is not to be ignored. It's about pursuing the objectives of peace and holiness with all people.
Hebrews 12:14 ESV

Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
Pursuing peace and holiness involves changing course and heading in another direction if it becomes obvious they are not to be found where you hoped they might be.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos,

Jesus' blood brings forgiveness of sins; and that it the bottom line.

But do you know how? The blood of Jesus is the life of Jesus. As we are washed in His life we are cleansed of our sins...so that we depart from them. This is not an issue of repeat forgiveness for the same sins over and over. This is a life that gives us a cleansing...a healing..from all sin. Walk IN Him and know the victory won at the cross. We glory in the cross as it kills our outer man of sin...in order to free us to walk in the new life from heaven. Put on the new man!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus wasn't judged for our sin...He was judged BY our sin.

This thread needs to be in a "Christian entertainment" section. It's too funny! :)
Yes, God might laugh, but the one being laughed at needs to be able to see his own error. Can people knowing the scripture be so blind? Even one who was to be an Apostle!

"And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink." Acts 9:9

And then how long before he wrote the epistles included in the NT?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But do you know how? The blood of Jesus is the life of Jesus. As we are washed in His life we are cleansed of our sins...so that we depart from them. This is not an issue of repeat forgiveness for the same sins over and over. This is a life that gives us a cleansing...a healing..from all sin. Walk IN Him and know the victory won at the cross. We glory in the cross as it kills our outer man of sin...in order to free us to walk in the new life from heaven. Put on the new man!
Yes, however, the forgiveness that comes about through the blood of the Cross doesn't come about through our holy living. It comes about through our faith alone in Jesus Christ alone; and holy living follows.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, however, the forgiveness that comes about through the blood of the Cross doesn't come about through our holy living. It comes about through our faith alone in Jesus Christ alone; and holy living follows.

Forgiveness is based on mercy not blood. God is merciful. The blood of Christ is in exchange for our own lives. A life IN a life. And in Hebrew that is how the law is written when it says a life FOR a life.....in Deuteronomy. (the English isn't an accurate translation)

Heb. 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Remission means freedom from sin...not just forgiveness.
(aphesis)

And "shedding of blood" means a bestowal of blood...not necessarily from a dead body. Actually from a life giving source...the risen Christ.

And this is because God doesn't leave us without an alternative to sin. He also gives us His life that is without sin...in order to destroy the works of sin.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgiveness is based on mercy not blood.

I beg to differ with you. We are declared righteous through His blood (Romans 5:9); and is this not forgiveness?

We receive the mercy of God, also, because of the shed blood of Christ on the Cross. For He took the penalty for our sins; and His life blood brings forgiveness to us.

Heb. 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Case in point.

Other translations translate "remission" as "forgiveness" (and they are also valid).

So remission means forgiveness...not just freedom from sin.

Last edited: