How can the rapture be anything but pre-trib???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

boldncourageous

Dec 6, 2014
Trekson said:
Hi Bold, Your Verses and following quote: "51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, ( I believe this verse says that we are all going to under go the SAME change) 52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible,( We know from Thess. that the dead in Christ are raised FIRST so they are just the "first" to change) and we shall be changed. ( Next' we are changed, IN THE SAME WAY) [53] For this ( The word "this" is in the present tense so we know he is still speaking of the "we" from the previous verse) corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. ( So, we, the living, are putting on the SAME in corruptibleness of the dead and their SAME immortality)
[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory
." ( Paul is affirming that in BOTH CASES, we fulfill the latter passage: "Death is swallowed up in victory." So if we have victory over death, it is impossible for us to "die" in the millennial age.

"Paul makes a distinction between the dead, and the living on what type of bodies are given. They are not the same. Your comment confuses the two. The distinction of immortality for the Raptured is founded in a word that refers to longevity of life. Methuselah was only shy 31 years of being 1000 yrs old. The millennium is only 1000 years long. Being given bodies that would last a millennium fits the definition of immortality. At no time does the Scripture state that the Raptured are given glorified or incorruptible bodies, just the dead are given these. Please note the distinction."

As you can see, I showed you how I view vss. 52-54, I added vs. 51 for clarification.

"Your Sheep and goats comment doesn't make sense, please elaborate"

Please ignore that for now. God is in the process of rewriting in my heart and mind everything "I thought I knew" about the latter days because I asked for a true understanding, not my own understanding and He is, a single piece at a time, answering my prayer, but in all honesty, I am finding it quite frustrating, as He is showing me that much of what I thought "I knew", hasn't been quite as "right" as I thought.
That awesome that you've chosen the Holy Spirit to lead you in all truth. It's amazing how much of man's doctrines that have been floating around for centuries and yet the time of the unveiling of what has been sealed up for the last days, seems to be just starting to be unsealed.