How could the Messiah be sinless?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
It does mention the Person of the Father. The Father is "Him who inhabiteth eternity".

You would be more accurate to say that the title of Father is not mentioned.

The Person, however, is mentioned. it is who the verse is speaking of.
Isaiah 57:15 For thus says the High and Lofty One
Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
“I dwell in the high and holy place,
With him who has a contrite and humble spirit,
To revive the spirit of the humble,
And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Clearly Isaiah 57:15 does not mention the person of the Father.

What it does speaks of is about God.

Tong
R0984

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 57:15 For thus says the High and Lofty One
Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
“I dwell in the high and holy place,
With him who has a contrite and humble spirit,
To revive the spirit of the humble,
And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Clearly Isaiah 57:15 does not mention the person of the Father.

What it does speaks of is about God.

Tong
R0984
The Father isn't God?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The name of the son that was given shall be calld among other things, "the everlasting Father". You have to change the plain rendering of scripture twice to come to any other conclusion except that Jesus is the Father.

Also, there is one Lord in holy scripture (Ephesians 4:5); even the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21). However, no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 12:3); even the Spirit of truth.

And Jesus is the Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Make your own conclusions.
Nothing there gets to refute what I said in my post regarding the triune nature of God nor the distinction between the person of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Believe what has been revealed in scriptures and make not your own conclusion what to believe.

Tong
R0985

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The Father isn't God?
Of course He is. The Son isn't Got? The Holy Spirit isn't God? Why make the verse as though it speaks only of the Father? Doing so makes that your own understanding and conclusion.

Tong
R0986

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Their distinction is all over scriptures. No Christian would not see that. The Father is distinguished from the Son for example in that, the Father is Him who sent and the Son is Him who was sent. The Father was never sent in scriptures nor was He incarnated. The Father begets the Son, not the other way around. Son was Him who was crucified and not the Father.

The three persons indwell each other in the one being of God. The Father is in the Son; the Son is in the Father; the Father is in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is in the Father; the Son is in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is in the Son. That does not mean however, that the Father is the Son; the Son is the Father; the Father is the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is the Father; the Son is the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is the Son.

Tong
R0983
Tong: Father God is distinguished from the Son, for example it was the Father who begat and sent the physical Son.
Comment: God was not ‘Father’ until He took upon himself the flesh of Mary in the form of man.

Tong: The three persons indwell each other in the one being of God.
Comment: All three are One but act independently of one another. For example the Son sent the Comforter to be with us on earth after returning to his pre-incarnate state. This tells of the Son’s power, authority and presence in heaven and on earth.

Tong: The Father is in the Son; the Son is in the Father; the Father is in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is in the Father; the Son is in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is in the Son.
Comment: This is the One Tripartite God, who after returning to his pre-incarnate state has unlimited power, authority and presence ruling over each of his three kingdoms, these being, his people as the Comforter, as our Father in heaven, and on earth when he returns in power and glory. Father, Son and Holy Spirit being One indivisible God.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong: Father God is distinguished from the Son, for example it was the Father who begat and sent the physical Son.
Comment: God was not ‘Father’ until He took upon himself the flesh of Mary in the form of man.
Not exactly what I said. And your comment is quite confusing.

Tong: The three persons indwell each other in the one being of God.
Comment: All three are One but act independently of one another. For example the Son sent the Comforter to be with us on earth after returning to his pre-incarnate state. This tells of the Son’s power, authority and presence in heaven and on earth.

Tong: The Father is in the Son; the Son is in the Father; the Father is in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is in the Father; the Son is in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is in the Son.
Comment: This is the One Tripartite God, who after returning to his pre-incarnate state has unlimited power, authority and presence ruling over each of his three kingdoms, these being, his people as the Comforter, as our Father in heaven, and on earth when he returns in power and glory. Father, Son and Holy Spirit being One indivisible God.
God is not tripartite as God has no parts nor is composed of three parts, as He is Spirit and is indivisible.

Tong
R0989

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not exactly what I said. And your comment is quite confusing.

God is not tripartite as God has no parts nor is composed of three parts, as He is Spirit and is indivisible.

Tong
R0989
Then you are saying God is in our hearts, on earth and in heaven. That makes, Jesus in your own words. God. To which I agree.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their distinction is all over scriptures. No Christian would not see that. The Father is distinguished from the Son for example in that, the Father is Him who sent and the Son is Him who was sent. The Father was never sent in scriptures nor was He incarnated. The Father begets the Son, not the other way around. Son was Him who was crucified and not the Father.

The three persons indwell each other in the one being of God. The Father is in the Son; the Son is in the Father; the Father is in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is in the Father; the Son is in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is in the Son. That does not mean however, that the Father is the Son; the Son is the Father; the Father is the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is the Father; the Son is the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is the Son.

Tong
R0983
Now, instead of just spouting that as a doctrine, endeavor to understand how that applies to the doctrine of the Trinity.

The Father was indeed incarnated; unless you want to say that a 2nd God incarnated or that 1/3 of God incarnated. If you understand the book of Isaiah, I don't think that you can honestly conclude that.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Now, instead of just spouting that as a doctrine, endeavor to understand how that applies to the doctrine of the Trinity.

The Father was indeed incarnated; unless you want to say that a 2nd God incarnated or that 1/3 of God incarnated. If you understand the book of Isaiah, I don't think that you can honestly conclude that.
In a general sense we can say that it is God who incarnated. But applying the trinity, of the three distinct persons of God, it is not the Father that incarnated, but the Word(i.e. the Son).

Of course there is no second God or whatever. God is triune, even before the incarnation. That means that, there is ever the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. There was never a time or point when that was not. For God is an eternal being, the same yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever.

Tong
R0992

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes, for the sake of illustration, I compare the three persons of the Trinity to a tree, with the roots underground, the trunk above ground, and the branches above. It is three in one. Each of its three parts co-exist while being One tree, with each part having a particular function or purpose.

The tree will give of its fruit in abundance, but should anyone deny or remove any part of the tree, they have destroyed it. The difference is that the Godhead cannot be destroyed, instead there will be consequences for those who seek to undermine and diminish the truth.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Sometimes, for the sake of illustration, I compare the three persons of the Trinity to a tree, with the roots underground, the trunk above ground, and the branches above. It is three in one. Each of its three parts co-exist while being One tree, with each part having a particular function or purpose.

The tree will give of its fruit in abundance, but should anyone deny or remove any part of the tree, they have destroyed it. The difference is that the Godhead cannot be destroyed, instead there will be consequences for those who seek to undermine and diminish the truth.
Another difference is that God is not composed of parts. Another is that the roots is not tree, neither is the trunk, and neither the branches, which is very much different with regards the persons in the trinity of God.

Tong
R0993

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was God in human flesh

No.

* Human Flesh was Created out of the Dust of the Ground.

Gen 2:7
[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,

* Human Flesh returns to Dust.

Gen 3:19
[19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

* Gods Flesh came out from God in Heaven.

John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

* Gods Flesh Returns to God.

John 16:
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, [/B] I leave the world, [/B] and go to the Father.

John 16:
[30] Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

Matt 5:
48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

* Gods Flesh was Prepared of God.

Heb 10:5
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Glory to God,
Taken

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another difference is that God is not composed of parts. Another is that the roots is not tree, neither is the trunk, and neither the branches, which is very much different with regards the persons in the trinity of God.

Tong
R0993
I must remember that tree roots, tree trunk, and tree branches are not tree.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a general sense we can say that it is God who incarnated. But applying the trinity, of the three distinct persons of God, it is not the Father that incarnated, but the Word(i.e. the Son).

Of course there is no second God or whatever. God is triune, even before the incarnation. That means that, there is ever the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. There was never a time or point when that was not. For God is an eternal being, the same yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever.

Tong
R0992
Yet you have said that Father, the Word, and Holy Ghost are indivisible.

How then can the Word incarnate and the Father also not incarnate?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yet you have said that Father, the Word, and Holy Ghost are indivisible.

How then can the Word incarnate and the Father also not incarnate?
God is Spirit and is indivisible. God is not composed of parts nor is 1/3 Father and 1/3 Son and 1/3 Holy Spirit. And it seems you do not understand what I said in my post: In a general sense we can say that it is God who incarnated. But applying the trinity, of the three distinct persons of God, it is not the Father that incarnated, but the Word(i.e. the Son).

You asked "How then can the Word incarnate and the Father also not incarnate?" That exactly is the matter of distinction of the persons of the Father and the Son.

But the three persons while distinct, indwell each other. The Father is in the Son; the Son is in the Father; the Father is in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is in the Father; the Son is in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is in the Son.

Tong
R0995

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father is in the Son; the Son is in the Father;
How is it, then, that you say that the Son can incarnate while the Father does not also do the same? Does the Father separate from the Son, so that He is no longer in Him, when God incarnates?

Reactions: Cooper

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without a doubt. Jesus of Nazareth was God walking in earth as a Man. But the Son is not the Father neither the Holy Spirit.
If Jesus of Nazareth is and was God, how is He not the Father? Is God not the Father? (see 1 Corinthians 8:6, Ephesians 4:6, James 3:9 (kjv)).

How many Gods do you have?

If Jesus was God and yet not the Father, that means that either the Father is not God or that there is more than one God.

Jas 2:19, Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
How is it, then, that you say that the Son can incarnate while the Father does not also do the same? Does the Father separate from the Son, so that He is no longer in Him, when God incarnates?
Because God's words in scriptures is that it is the Word (i.e. the Son) who became flesh, not the Father. Must we add some understanding more than what is revealed in scriptures for our understanding? No.

In your line of thinking, did the Father and the Holy Spirit, who indwells the Son, prayed when Jesus prayed to the Father? Did the Father and the Holy Spirit, who indwells the Son, slept when Jesus slept? Did the Father and the Holy Spirit, who indwells the Son, ate bread and fish, when Jesus ate? Did the Father and the Holy Spirit, who indwells the Son, made themselves of no reputation and took the form of a bondservant? Did the Father and the Holy Spirit, who indwells the Son, humbled themselves and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross, etc. etc....? You may think so according to human reasoning and wisdom, but not according to what scriptures says with regards and respect to the distinction of the persons of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Tong
R0996