How do you know your saved??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
has everyone you prayed for that was stricken with cancer been healed ? i mean some times God decides to take them out. i also make sure I go to bed with a clear conscience, and am either in the Word or teaching the Word daily. hil i dont teach daily i am in the word searching something almost everyday ...BTW let m know when you can go to the funeral home and raise the dead after being embalmed. sometimes he answers in a different way.. remember the apostle paul the thorn in the flesh .the messenger of satan sent to buffet him.. God said NO my grace is sufficient :eek:

I know you are mocking, but I will tell you anyway.

You misunderstand how I pray. I don't willy nilly pray my own will for anything. That is against our directive in Scripture. I wait. I listen. And I don't pray UNTIL He tells me what to pray. I am His servant, not the other way around. However, Mark 16:17-18 are given to us, and we just need to know deep down who we are in Christ, and that it is the God of the Universe that lives inside us. When we know that, we can command healing in Jesus name. We can also stand on that and nothing will harm us. I've never commanded healing until recently on a dog that had a broken back and was paralyzed from the hips down. He couldn't move his back legs. He would just drag himself around on his stomach using his front legs. Anyway, by the next day he was walking. I still feel that I was directed to pray for that dog in that way, so unless God tells me to clear out a hospital like John G. Lake did in Washington state, I'll still wait on the Lord.

Now asking for wisdom is another thing altogether. If I want to know the meaning of Scripture, I just ask Him what He meant, and do not doubt that He will tell me, and sometimes He tells me immediately, and other times (this has happened many times) He will tell me just as I am waking up in the morning before I've even opened my eyes.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one will be finally saved until death of course. As the saying goes I have been saved, I am being saved, I will be saved
Actually when you take the example of the thief on the cross who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, he was saved that very moment, and also promised Paradise (which is in the New Jerusalem), even though he died a few hours later. When Stephen was martyred, his soul and spirit went to be with the Lord in Heaven at that very moment. Of course, they both experienced death.

But when the Philippian jailer asked his question, he received an UNEQUIVOCAL REPLY (Acts 16:30,31): And [the jailer] brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. [an accomplished fact]

This corresponds to Romans 10:9-13:
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [an accomplished fact]
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. [an accomplished fact]
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.[an accomplished fact]

And all of this corresponds to Romans chapter 4 as well as John 11:25,26: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Reactions: marks and Helen

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now asking for wisdom is another thing altogether. If I want to know the meaning of Scripture, I just ask Him what He meant, and do not doubt that He will tell me, and sometimes He tells me immediately, and other times (this has happened many times) He will tell me just as I am waking up in the morning before I've even opened my eyes.
that is fine but let me remind you that is was YOU that got all put of sorts .when i said i heard others say all there prayers was answered. what you must understand that at no time was your name mentioned . i know lots of people been in many different church services. so it could have been anyone . mocking you? yes to get you to see how silly your statement was
You misunderstand how I pray
no i misunderstood nothing to shore up my post. do you have anyone in your family tree that is not saved? if so have you prayed for them to be saved? if so why are they not saved? God hears our prayers work on the member .but they can reject its called free will . so it does not mean we are a failure .it just mean we have to keep praying

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one will be finally saved until death of course. As the saying goes I have been saved, I am being saved, I will be saved
yes and no the Bible says whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved . in eph it says SAVED by grace through faith

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was saved...I am BEING saved....and my hope is that God will receive me into His eternal rest come judgment day. I leave the judgment to God...because it isn't the day of self-judgment...but the day where the truth comes out and God will judge every man according to his/her works. And we can't know what that entails. It will be a day of surprises. I don't think anyone will say...ok I knew that!

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually when you take the example of the thief on the cross who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, he was saved that very moment,

People always use this inappropriately. The thief on the cross was declared saved by Jesus. Until someone finds a person to declare himself saved....as in (Jesus being silent) I will be with you in paradise this day!

The same goes for Abraham. It doesn't say "and he believed God and he imputed righteousness on himself for it." That would be ridiculous...but it is what modern believers do.

So until God gets involves and declares what is what...people are living in their own reality.

I prefer to wait on the Lord and live in actual reality.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My reality is, I see a lot of room for improvement as far as judgement goes, but as far as salvation goes it’s definitely Gods call, and i don’t believe there’s anything I can do to improve upon.... believe.

Reactions: marks

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you are mocking, but I will tell you anyway.

You misunderstand how I pray. I don't willy nilly pray my own will for anything. That is against our directive in Scripture. I wait. I listen. And I don't pray UNTIL He tells me what to pray. I am His servant, not the other way around. However, Mark 16:17-18 are given to us, and we just need to know deep down who we are in Christ, and that it is the God of the Universe that lives inside us. When we know that, we can command healing in Jesus name. We can also stand on that and nothing will harm us. I've never commanded healing until recently on a dog that had a broken back and was paralyzed from the hips down. He couldn't move his back legs. He would just drag himself around on his stomach using his front legs. Anyway, by the next day he was walking. I still feel that I was directed to pray for that dog in that way, so unless God tells me to clear out a hospital like John G. Lake did in Washington state, I'll still wait on the Lord.

Interesting and fully Spirit filled man of God. I just now read this article about him, never heard of him before today in your post:
Healing Rooms - History of John G. Lake

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know...what a way for a new member to introduce himself here.....RIGHT:p
I belong to several other Christian forums and this is always a good topic to discuss because Christianity has become such a "FruitbowL" of different doctrines, that I wondered how all of you are sure of your standing with Christ in your choices to be the Christian you are called to be?

You could ask me this too, but I've been a believer in Christ over 40 years, and asked myself that question from the very beginning of my faith, and for many of those years have searched to find the answer for myself. DID I MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE (No I'm not SCREAMING at you-LOL).

Actually, in my own faith and walk, I have had to change some things over time, as I heard things said, and saw things done and read things in the bible I hadn't seen before, or maybe hadn't understood until then. Not just changes in what I believed, but even how I should live out my faith actively in what I do.

Be nice to hear from you.

Hello @Oligos,

I too have had to learn and unlearn on my journey with the Lord Jesus Christ . You ask how I know I am saved? The answer to that is simple - God has assured me that I am saved in His Word. What other witness do I need than that? I was saved through believing God's word concerning His Son the Lord Jesus Christ, and I have the assurance of salvation through believing that same word:-

John said:
'And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book:
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God;
and that believing ye might have life through His name.'

(John 20:30-31)

Paul said:
'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world,
that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself,
according to the good pleasure of His will,
To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved.
In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;
Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; ... '

(Ephesians 1:3-8)

Praise God!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Helen

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was saved...I am BEING saved....an my hope is that God will receive me into His eternal rest come judgment day. I leave the judgment to God...because it isn't the day of self-judgment...but the day where the truth comes out and God will judge every man according to his/her works. And we can't know what that entails. It will be a day of surprises. I don't think anyone will say...ok I knew that!
I DONT HAVE TO HOPE ..i can know that i know beyond shadow of any doubt

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and charity

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually when you take the example of the thief on the cross who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, he was saved that very moment, and also promised Paradise (which is in the New Jerusalem), even though he died a few hours later. When Stephen was martyred, his soul and spirit went to be with the Lord in Heaven at that very moment. Of course, they both experienced death.

But when the Philippian jailer asked his question, he received an UNEQUIVOCAL REPLY (Acts 16:30,31): And [the jailer] brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. [an accomplished fact]

This corresponds to Romans 10:9-13:
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [an accomplished fact]
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. [an accomplished fact]
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.[an accomplished fact]

And all of this corresponds to Romans chapter 4 as well as John 11:25,26: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Hello Enoch111, ...well, you've probably heard all these contentions before, but here we go again...
The thief was not in paradise 'today', for Jesus himself was not in paradise that day. He was in the grave for 3 days, and he walked on earth for 40 more days, before he ascended into heaven. That is, no one preceded Christ into heaven, for there was not an empty throne at the right-hand side of God while others walked around in heaven. The gates to heaven were not opened until Christ ascended, for both, this showed God's approval of his sacrifice (he was truly perfect i.e. did not sin), and that he was finally seated on his throne prepared to judge the world.

Arguably, all the quotes that you cited could mean 'call upon the name of the Lord, continuously, and unto death'. And I believe that this is a more probable and reasonable understanding. For, who can call on the Lord one day, then deny him the next, and still be saved?
Those who renounce Christ will not be saved, nor those planted among the shallow ground (believe for a while, then devil snatches their faith away).
I believe that it is the state of one's convictions upon their death-bed, that will determine their eternal standing with God. And this will only be revealed on Judgement Day. All those who have died either with or without the Lord, are asleep waiting for Christ's second coming.

So, @Seasoned by Grace , this is a partial answer to your OP also. Thanks!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You ask how I know I am saved? The answer to that is simple - God has assured me that I am saved in His Word. What other witness do I need than that? I was saved through believing God's word concerning His Son the Lord Jesus Christ, and I have the assurance of salvation through believing that same word:-
Hi charity, so just to clarify. You said that your assurance lies in the fact the you have 'believed' the testimony of God's Son, in order to attain salvation, as prescribed in the Bible? I also believe the same.
Therefore, would you say that your salvation is contingent upon your faith, or rather, the resilience and endurance of your convictions in Christ?
For there are those who hear the Word, and don't believe. Thus, free-will and discretion appears to be something that we are all affected by, and therefore, do we all not have the intrinsic ability to even change our minds, despite what we formerly believed?

I believe as 'easy' as we came to Christ i.e. 'believe in thy heart, and confess with thy mouth', we can just as freely renounce or deny what we formerly believed.
We all must keep ourselves in check right to the very end i.e. death, or Christ's return.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Arguably, all the quotes that you cited could mean 'call upon the name of the Lord, continuously, and unto death'. And I believe that this is a more probable and reasonable understanding.
That is not only incorrect but fallacious. And there is ample Scripture to refute what you have stated. Let's take just one example:

EPHESIANS 1
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

SALVATION IS AN ACCOMPLISHED FACT
2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

SAINTS ARE ALREADY BLESSED WITH ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

THE DIVINE ELECTION OF THE SAINTS WAS FROM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

THE DIVINE PREDESTINATION OF SAINTS WAS FROM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

SAINTS ARE ALREADY ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED (CHRIST)
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the Beloved.

REDEMPTION THROUGH HIS BLOOD IS AN ACCOMPLISHED FACT
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

ALL THINGS ARE TO BE GATHERED TOGETHER IN CHRIST
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

THE INHERITANCE OF THE SAINTS GUARANTEED BY GOD
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

THE CHURCH TO BE ETERNALLY TO THE PRAISE OF GOD'S GLORY
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SAINTS ARE ALREADY BLESSED WITH ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

THE DIVINE ELECTION OF THE SAINTS WAS FROM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

THE DIVINE PREDESTINATION OF SAINTS WAS FROM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

SAINTS ARE ALREADY ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED (CHRIST)
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the Beloved.

REDEMPTION THROUGH HIS BLOOD IS AN ACCOMPLISHED FACT
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

ALL THINGS ARE TO BE GATHERED TOGETHER IN CHRIST
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

THE INHERITANCE OF THE SAINTS GUARANTEED BY GOD
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

THE CHURCH TO BE ETERNALLY TO THE PRAISE OF GOD'S GLORY
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

You are missing key elements of chapter 1 to the Ephesians, and misapplying them to even Gentiles. To really understand scripture you must ask God to reveal the truth behind His words. We must throw out everything we ever been brainwashed with in our past. Especially doctrines that are so untrue they turn the grace of God into lasciviousness.

Up until verse 13, Paul is validating all the apostles authority. It was the nation of Israel that was predestined to be the elect; then out of that nation, before the foundation of the world, God chose the apostles WHO FIRST TRUSTED IN CHRIST vs. 12. Then in verse 13 shows the Ephesians who also believed...

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Up until verse 13, Paul is validating all the apostles authority.
There's no need to put a NONSENSICAL SPIN on that which is clearly stated in Scripture. Ephesian 1 is NOT about Paul validating his authority but about the certainty of the salvation of the saints.

And how could I be missing key elements of that chapter when I have given every verse and correctly explained it? You should be thanking me instead of trying to put your own spin on Bible truth.

Last edited: