How Jesus is made an idol only

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is done in two ways: Those believing in separating faith from works, and those who believe in separating Jesus' life from that of His believers.

1. The first believe we can believe in Jesus, without obeying Jesus. They are believing we can trust in Jesus as our Savior by faith alone, while at any time not also obeying His voice.

Like the worshipper of dumb idols of old, we can bow down before Jesus as Christ and God, that is the form and shape of God, but is not speaking and commanding anything for us to obey.

They preach a Christ and God, that is not the Word. The truth of the Word being Christ and God, separates the true God from all pagan idols what have shape and form to trust in, but have dumbness at times without speaking.

The truth that Jesus Christ is the Word, simply means that He is never not speaking and commanding His people to obey what they hear.

Faith and believing alone in Jesus, without works of obeying Him, teaches there is some time when the Word is dumb and not spiritually speaking to be heard and obeyed by them that love Him.

Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

There is never a time alone in the faith of Jesus, where is just a statue alone without speaking. There is never a time alone walking with Jesus, where we are not obeying His voice to keep His commandments.

Those with faith alone are indeed alone with an idol of their own making, that they bow down to and call their Savior and God, without hearing His word to do and keep.

There is never a time any man can believe in the Word Jesus Christ, without hearing His voice to love Him with all the heart, and our neighbors as ourselves.

Reactions: bbyrd009

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2. The second is much more obvious, where Christians give honor to His life of righteousness, while declaring it is impossible to do the same as Him.

Some of the time, sure, but certainly not all the time.

And so they simply idolize His life in the flesh, while never seriously believing they can do the same. At least not all the time.

He is only some superhero Christ and man that lived righteously without sinning in the past on earth, whose believers and followers today cannot possibly obey and follow God the Father as He did.

The former thinks to worship for some time a form of the Word that speaks not, like some dumb statue, and the latter gives lip service to the life of Christ the man that came in the flesh.

While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

There is no hearing the Lord without obeying His voice, and hearing alone, without obeying, is dead faith alone of a hardened heart.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is done in two ways: Those believing in separating faith from works, and those who believe in separating Jesus' life from that of His believers.

1. The first believe we can believe in Jesus, without obeying Jesus. They are believing we can trust in Jesus as our Savior by faith alone, while at any time not also obeying His voice.

Like the worshipper of dumb idols of old, we can bow down before Jesus as Christ and God, that is the form and shape of God, but is not speaking and commanding anything for us to obey.

They preach a Christ and God, that is not the Word. The truth of the Word being Christ and God, separates the true God from all pagan idols what have shape and form to trust in, but have dumbness at times without speaking.

The truth that Jesus Christ is the Word, simply means that He is never not speaking and commanding His people to obey what they hear.

Faith and believing alone in Jesus, without works of obeying Him, teaches there is some time when the Word is dumb and not spiritually speaking to be heard and obeyed by them that love Him.

Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

There is never a time alone in the faith of Jesus, where is just a statue alone without speaking. There is never a time alone walking with Jesus, where we are not obeying His voice to keep His commandments.

Those with faith alone are indeed alone with an idol of their own making, that they bow down to and call their Savior and God, without hearing His word to do and keep.

There is never a time any man can believe in the Word Jesus Christ, without hearing His voice to love Him with all the heart, and our neighbors as ourselves.

Many have idolized Jesus Rob, in fact do their utmost to deify him as God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I like this wit, but it doesn't ring true. You are the one having Him deified as a god. That is what idolatry is.

But, it's a good try.

Interestingly I just had this discussion with another here sir. Truth is truth, and God's word contains truth. I will always side with the Bible over opinion Rob, every time sir. You can either learn from this account or not, but at any rate I side with Peter and Jesus confirmed it as well:
(Matthew 16:13-17) . . .Jesus asked his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son of man is?” 14 They said: “Some say John the Baptist, others E·liʹjah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.

So now, who do you say the Son of man is Rob? My answer is still the same, I believe he is the anointed, the Son of the living God Jehovah, did God reveal that to me? Perhaps. Why do you think I am in error with my answer sir?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think I am in error with my answer sir?
The Word was God.

I believe he is the anointed, the Son of the living God Jehovah,

The problem with changing your tune to fit the occasion, is that you find yourself stuck between your own lies: You say he is a god, and then also try to say he is the Son. Your lip-service duplicity prevents you from being consistent. You believe in a christ that is anointed, and the son of God and a god.

You had my temporary esteem only because of your wit, not because you have any worth with Jesus Christ my Lord and God.

I no longer bother arguing with people such as yourself in this matter, because all you have is intellectual pride and pleasure in doing so.

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word was God.

The problem with changing your tune to fit the occasion, is that you find yourself stuck between your own lies: You say he is a god, and then also try to say he is the Son. Your lip-service duplicity prevents you from being consistent. You believe in a christ that is anointed, and the son of God and a god.

You had my temporary esteem only because of your wit, not because you have any worth with Jesus Christ my Lord and God.

I no longer bother arguing with people such as yourself in this matter, because all you have is intellectual pride and pleasure in doing so.

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject.

You are correct Rob, I do not serve your god sir, I serve Jesus' God Jehovah, as Jesus instructed.