• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That can only be a charge made by someone who doesn't know what salvation means.

If they are still calling themselves a sinner they're calling the savior a liar.

No, saying one is not a sinner is calling the Savior a liar and makes that person a liar.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just proved my point.

1 Corinthians 2:14

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
you dont go to heaven or become a Child of God by trying to be good or perfect.
Matthew 5:48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

James 4:11 ........but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Point is, Some of us HAVE confessed our sins, and received His cleansing.

Some teach we have no sins to confess.

Okay.
But what does that have to do with people you are having a conversation with that HAVE CONFESSED their sins AND BEEN CLEANSED, and SIN NO MORE?

Are you trying to say: The Lord Gods CLEANSING failed, and the confessed and cleansed........CONTINUE to sin?

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, saying one is not a sinner is calling the Savior a liar and makes that person a liar.

Everyone is naturally born IN sin....A sinner.
Everyone in their naturally born flesh Commits sin....Commits sin.

Can you answer Honestly?

What about the guy who REPENTS of his sin?
Does the Lord FORGIVE that man? Yes or No?

What about the guy who Heartfully Confesses his belief in the Lord God?
Does the Lord FORGIVE that man for HAVING sinned AGAINST the Lord God, “OF” HAVING NOT BELIEVED? Yes or No?
Does the Lord CLEANSE that man of ALL unrighteousness? Yes or No?

Once a man IS CLEANSED (BY the Lord)...of ALL unrighteousness...
Can THAT MAN “Continue to Commit Sin” ? Yes or No?

IF, you say YES...you make the Lord’s Cleansing a failure.
IF, you say NO....you make the your own word a lie.

You have a conundrum, and you don’t know why.

The answer is: All men BEGIN in natural SINFUL Flesh and commit Sin.
The answer is: By, Through, Of; the Lord God...”SOME MEN”...
....Repent of their Sin, to the Lord God.
....They BELIEVE the Lord God IS Faithful and FORGIVES them.
....They heartfully CONFESS their Sin to the Lord God.
....They BELIEVE the Lord God IS Faithful and CLEANSES them.
....They BELIEVE Being CRUCIFIED with Christ, IS killing their BODY of sin.
...They BELIEVE...their DEAD BODY IS FREED from SIN. (Rom 6:7)
...They BELIEVE...”ONCE” forgiven,ONCE” cleansed, “ONCE Dead”....The Lord God;
BAPTIZES THEM, WITH His Spirit.
...They BELIEVE...The Lord CIRCUMCISES their old natural heart.
...They BELIEVE...The Lord GIVE THEM a NEW heart. (Ezek 18:36:26)
...They BELIEVE...They Lords Spirit, ENTERS INTO their new (circumcised) “Heart”.
...They BELIEVE..Gods SEED, POWER, TRUTH, ENTERS that man.
...They BELIEVE...the Spirit of God IS TRUTH, IS Jesus, IS Gods Word.
...They BELIEVE...the Spirit of God IS POWER, IS Christ, IS Supreme.
...They BELIEVE...the Seed of God IS Christ, BIRTHS mans NEW spirit.

...THEY BELIEVE...the Lord God Almighty “HAS” changed them, FROM a natural created and made man REPRODUCED from a corrupt mans corrupt seed.....
...TO a man MADE in the LIKENESS of the Lord God, from Gods SEED...
Wholly, whole and holy....Acceptable TO Lord God...According TO the Lord God..........TO ONCE BY the Power of God...BE MADE.................
SANCTIFIED (set APART).......JUSTIFIED to be (CLAIMED/ REDEEMED)..
BY the Lord God...AND ONCE and FOREVER “WITH” the Lord God.
(OSAS).

So what is YOUR BELIEF?
The Lord God does NOT offer men Salvation?
Men can NOT receive the Lord Gods Salvation?
Men WHO RECEIVE the Lord Gods Salvation CONTINUE TO SIN?

Be Honest...
Tell us HOW the Lord Gods forgiveness, cleansing, circumcision, baptism, His seed, His Spirit IN a man, His Truth IN a man, HAS FAILED YOU...THAT YOU CONTINUE TO SIN AGAINST God? (And somehow think that Gods failure with YOU....applies to every one else whom the Lord God HAS changed)...

Can YOU?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

What does THAT VERSE have to do with this current conversation?

HAS ANYONE said....”they HAVE no sin”?
IF SO...quote them!
IF SO...after you post their quote...THEN Post (1 John 1:8) to show what they say is against scripture!

PRESENTLY...NO ONE has made that claim.
PRESENTLY...YOU posting that verse IS Irrelevant.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Uh huh....AND?
HAS ANYONE claimed, THEY HAVE NOT “confessed” their sins?
HAS ANYONE claimed, THEY HAVE “confessed” their sins....AND BEEN CLEANSED?

HOW MANY TIMES, does a man BECOME CLEANSED from ALL unrighteousness?

The FACT IS:...EVERY TIME a man SINS, and EVERY TIME a man Confesses and Repents of his Committed sins, he is forgiven...BUT NOT CLEANSED.

YOU APPEAR TO HANG on the FACT:...
SOME MEN...sin, repent, are forgiven, sin, repent, are forgiven, sin, repent, are forgiven, sin, repent, are forgiven. YAWN!
(THAT ^^ appears to be what you APPLY to you....AS DO MANY men APPLY that to themselves.)

HOWEVER....
What YOU DO, Applies to YOU...YOU sin, YOU repent, YOU are forgiven...AND YOU REPEAT...

What I HAVE DONE, Applies to ME.
I sinned, I repented, I was forgiven..........AND I was CLEANSED...

SEE the ....... “AND”....Difference between YOU and I ?

Read it AGAIN...
1 John 1: 9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
^^^^ Applies to YOU, over and over and over...

IF we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
^^^^ Applies to ME, ONCE.
BECAUSE....(unlike YOU) I didn’t ONLY CONFESS and REPENT of my sins...(YOU, continue to sin repeatedly, repent repeatedly )
(Unlike YOU)...I AND, LAID DOWN MY BODY IN DEATH, CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST...
THUS....the AND to cleanse us me from all unrighteousness, APPLIES to me...
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

And BECAUSE...I laid down my BODY unto DEATH....I Thereafter WAS ABLE TO RECEIVE God CLEANSING, and HIS Baptism, and HIS SEED.

And BECAUSE...I received His forgiveness, AND His cleansing, His Saving, His Seed.......I AM THUS BORN OF GOD.

And BECAUSE...I AM BORN of Gods SEED...NOW WHAT APPLIES TO ME, (unlike YOU)......I can SIN NO MORE.

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Since you are a proponent of sinning, repenting, sinning, repenting....
THAT IS YOUR CHOOSING. THAT APPLIES TO YOU.

There is that FREEWILL thingy, that ALL MEN have.
I chose DIFFERENTLY than YOU.
I chose to be Forgiven my SINS AGAINST GOD......AND CHOSE to lay down my BODY, crucified WITH Christ.....AND receive the Lords Cleansing......AND RECEIVE the Lord Gods SEED......AND be MADE by the Power of God.......BORN OF GOD.......and (unlike you)...BY the POWER of GOD IN ME.......I can SIN NO MORE!

1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Utterly IRRELEVANT....Utterly ignorant to this conversation....
A man who HAS CONFESSED his sin...is NOT a man claiming he has not sinned!

Maybe YOU should consider accepting the Lord Gods OFFERING, of LAYING DOWN your body, crucified with Christ, and receive the Lords Cleansing, the Lords Sanctification, the Lords Baptism, the Lords SEED, and BECOME BORN AGAIN by the Power and Seed of God......
AND BECOME MADE by the POWER of Gods SPIRIT “IN” you, BORN of a NEW spirit, and NO LONGER ABLE to continue Sinning AGAINST God.

Seriously, don’t you TIRE of sinning against God, and repenting, and sinning against God, and repenting, and sinning against God and repenting?

^^ That is what a NEWBIE does. EVEN Jesus’ disciples FIRST following Jesus did that....
They wondered but did not Believe (SINNED AGAINST GOD)....
They believed...not committing sin.
They doubted (SINNED AGAINST GOD)...
They believed....not committing sin.
They denied (SINNED AGAINST GOD)...
They believed...not committing sin.
They doubted (SINNED AGAINST GOD)...
They believed...AND CONFESSED THEIR BELIEF....FINALLY!!
AND
?
FINALLY was FORGIVEN, AND CLEANSED, AND their Heart circumcised AND their soul SAVED, AND they BAPTIZED with Gods Spirit AND their spirit BORN AGAIN AND THEY SINNED NO MORE!

You should CONSIDER that Offering the Lord God has Offered to ALL men.
Just remember...Scriptural Teaching...BE diligent, BE sure YOU WANT to RECEIVE that OFFERING....BECAUSE ONCE GIVEN YOU...IT IS FOREVER!

Heb 11:
[
6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

2 Pet 1:
[
10] Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make YOUR calling AND election SURE: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

I MADE my calling AND my election sure...I SHALL NEVER FALL!
I SHALL NEVER AGAIN SIN AGAINST GOD!

You should consider the vacillating position YOU are IN...sinning against God, repenting....sinning against God, repenting...sinning against God, repenting....

What will become of YOU, IF you DIE on the moment you are SINNING Against God?
Remember Peter, in the crowd, DENYING Jesus, DENYING Jesus, DENYING Jesus....AND Thomas, DOUBTING Jesus had risen up from Death....and WHAT would have happened to PETER, IF someone in the crowd struck Peter and Killed him?
Would Peter have been SAVED? Nope. Because he would have DIED denying Jesus!

Scripture WARNS men...LIKE YOU...believing, then sinning Against God, believing, then sinning Against God....THEY put their HOPE for Salvation, in JEOPARDY...because at ANY moment they can DIE in their SIN, of SINNING AGAINST GOD, at the moment they die. Do you KNOW the moment you shall die?

I DID...the moment I CHOSE to be Crucified with Christ Jesus.
DID you KNOW a man CAN NOT RECEIVE his Offered Gift of Salvation...UNTIL AFTER he DIES?

The Lords OFFERED Gift of SALVATION IS A PROMISED Gift, to be GIVEN...and RECEIVED unto the man’s SOUL...AFTER a bodily DEATH!

I received the Lords OFFERED Gift...According to Gods order and way, of being BODILY crucified with CHRIST JESUS...already soul saved.

OT saints, received THEIR Salvation of their souls....BECAUSE they BELIEVED in God on the day THEIR BODY died...and thereafter their bodily DEATH...received Salvation.

MEN today, can DO THE SAME...Believe on they day they physically die...and receive Salvation of their souls.

MEN who believe during Gods end of days Tribulation, and they become physically dead believing, shall receive Salvation of their souls.

A MAN, Crucified with Christ Jesus, HAS ALREADY RECEIVED his souls Salvation....his Physical death is irrelevant...his soul is ALREADY saved.
He has NO requirement to be subject to ANY SPIRITUAL WRATH...
Not the Lambs Wrath...during the Seals.
Not the Devils Wrath...during the Trumps.
Not Gods Wrath..........during the Vials.

A SAV-ED man IS NOT present ON the Face of the Earth during ANY portion of the end of days SPIRITUAL Tribulation and Wrath.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes.

Sinner, implies one who actively commits sin.

A converted man has confessed his sin and is forgiven his sin, is delivered from the curse of sin, is free from ability to sin, can sin no more.

The "converted man" is not the BODY.

The "converted man" is the born again Spirit.

So, it has to be understood that the born again, is not the body or the mind....its the SPIRIT.
Its the born again SPIRIT that is the Son/Daughter of God..

Heretics, and the deceived, and people who are sincere but confused bible believers,....when they do not understand that the "new Creation in Christ" is not your body or your mind..........but its the SPIRIT that has received the NEW BIRTH...........so, when a person does not understand this, then they can't comprehend that "in Christ" where the born again Spirit LIVES.....and exiting as "ONE WITH GOD"< which is where the born again Spirit of every believer EXISTS FOREVER.......= there is no sin found there.

To exit as born again, means we are already "translated from Darkness to LIGHT, and this "LIGHT" is "GOD", and His Kingdom.
There is no sin there, there is no law or commandments found there.... and that is where the born again Spirit, exists.
Its where the body of Christ Exists. = Spiritually, and Spiritual existence is the REAL existence, as the body is temporary and will DIE.

When a person can not SEE THIS or DISCERN THIS, or UNDERSTAND this , regarding being BORN AGAIN.... then they can't be taught anything about being "made righteous", as they can't RECEIVE IT yet.
Its "meat", and not "milk", regarding REVELATION< and these people are Religious TIT BABIES who can only think about works, and commandments and SELF Righteousess.
They can't HEAR "Meat", yet., and so, because they can't they think its not TRUE.
They can only comprehend that you are trying to tell them that their dirty carnal mind of the flesh that controls them and their wrong believing, and their body that has natural sensual urges....is the real "them".... So "How can that be sinless, they argue".

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught/spoke about HELL, more then He spoke/taught about Heaven.

Jesus said its better to tear out your own EYE and cut off your own HAND, then it is to go to HELL.

So, if you think that is a "city dump" or whatever else the heretics have caused to you not understand about HELL, then have at it.
Thats on you.

Then it is best to figure out what Jesus meant by that don't you think Be? How many do you know that take that literally? I would be willing to bet that some morons have though.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Then it is best to figure out what Jesus meant by that don't you think Be? How many do you know that take that literally? I would be willing to bet that some morons have though.

You're a Jehovah's witness, according to the fact that you teach a NT denying false "belief" that Dead Christ rejectors, get a free pass out of Hell.

Tell the Jehovah's witness Cult = 'Good luck with that."

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Point is, Some of us HAVE confessed our sins, and received His cleansing.

Okay.
But what does that have to do with people you are having a conversation with that HAVE CONFESSED their sins AND BEEN CLEANSED, and SIN NO MORE?

Are you trying to say: The Lord Gods CLEANSING failed, and the confessed and cleansed........CONTINUE to sin?
That's precisely the argument they and others make.

Which is why they insist we are not eternally saved. Because we are still sinners sinning.

It's why they insist salvation is from sin does not exist as they insist those in Christ ,indwelt by his holy spirit, still sin.
Which of course is averse to the gospel.
Which is actually their point.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Correct.

Correct.

The BODY, via the MOUTH “repents” of it’s SINS.
...It’s SINS;
...a)..natural birth of a corrupt seed.
...b)..corrupting its soul.
...c)...having Not believed in the Lord God.
The BODY, via the MOUTH “confesses” heartful belief.
The BODY, via Crucifixion with Jesus’ body, BECOMES DEAD.
GOD forgives the body, the soul, the natural spirit.
The Dead body, is delivered, redeemed, washed, sanctified, justified, covered, Waits for it’s resurrection IN Glory.
The Soul is RESTORED, (to good), ie Saved.
The Heart is circumcised.
The Spirit of God enters the new heart.
The Seed of God enters the new heart.
The Seed of God births mans new spirit.
...The Word of God, The Power of God, Now IS within that man...
Feeding the thoughts of that mans NEW spirit in his heart.
...MANS JOB thereafter...? MAKE his own Carnal Minds thoughts acquiesce to the thoughts of his new spirit...

Some call that...working out his own salvation.
Some call that...making his Mind to becoming, having a mind LIKE Christ.

God doesn’t CHANGE our Carnal Minds...He gives a Converted man the POWER for us to work it out.

Do well in working that out...and that man will do well in doing good works to Glorify God....and God shall reward that man for his efforts...
OF Glorifying Gods great name.

Men WHO do NOT acquiesce and MAKE their Carnal Mind YIELD to his Hearts thoughts....MAY and probably WILL have ILL contentions between and among men...and thereafter SUFFER the Negative results, to which that man WILL BEAR his own burden and Negative consequences.

For example: Cheat on a spouse...You have Trespasses against your spouse...caused harm/hurt/jealously....You can ask for forgiveness...They may or may not forgive....They may forgive and forget. They may forgive and still hold you accountable.... whoops...they may divorce you, take your possessions, your children, your savings.....too bad, your choice, your burden to bear, and your consequences to deal with.

Heretics, and the deceived, and people who are sincere but confused bible believers,....when they do not understand that the "new Creation in Christ" is not your body or your mind..........but its the SPIRIT that has received the NEW BIRTH...........so, when a person does not understand this, then they can't comprehend that "in Christ" where the born again Spirit LIVES.....and exiting as "ONE WITH GOD"< which is where the born again Spirit of every believer EXISTS FOREVER.......= there is no sin found there.

Agree 100%. They are I believe on a LARGE SCALE, taught a LIE.
We are ONE TRI-fold individual...a BODY, with a SOUL, with a SPIRIT...
The TRI-fold IS called by ONE individual LEGAL Name...(yet may be called by numerous names, titles, descriptions)
YET has THREE different LIVES, that each must be Considered to fulfill Gods WILL.
* Body’s life is BLOOD...and it MUST DIE...BEFORE it can be RAISED Glorified.
* Souls’ life is Gods Breath...it never dies, but can LEAVE the soul.
* Spirits life is Gods Seed...it will never die, never leave, ONCE given the man.
.........ORDER and WAY....step by step, according to Gods WILL!! Yes.

To exit as born again, means we are already "translated from Darkness to LIGHT, and this "LIGHT" is "GOD", and His Kingdom.
There is no sin there, there is no law or commandments found there.... and that is where the born again Spirit, exists.
Its where the body of Christ Exists. = Spiritually, and Spiritual existence is the REAL existence, as the body is temporary and will DIE.

Yes! Amen!

When a person can not SEE THIS or DISCERN THIS, or UNDERSTAND this , regarding being BORN AGAIN.... then they can't be taught anything about being "made righteous", as they can't RECEIVE IT yet.
Its "meat", and not "milk", regarding REVELATION< and these people are Religious TIT BABIES who can only think about works, and commandments and SELF Righteousess.
They can't HEAR "Meat", yet., and so, because they can't they think its not TRUE.
They can only comprehend that you are trying to tell them that their dirty carnal mind of the flesh that controls them and their wrong believing, and their body that has natural sensual urges....is the real "them"....

Yep.

So "How can that be sinless, they argue".

BECAUSE...they can ONLY SEE with earthly eyes...
They can NOT SEE a new creature, until the body IS Risen.
Nothing new.
From the beginning, MEN could not BELIEVE, what they could NOT SEE... remember, God called them stubborn and stiffnecked?
Nothing new Today...

Ya, I don’t see my new body either...YET, I do trust to believe...
In Gods Spiritual world, ONCE He says it is DONE, it is already DONE.

2 Cor 5:
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Glory to God,
Taken

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a Jehovah's witness, according to the fact that you teach a NT denying false "belief" that Dead Christ rejectors, get a free pass out of Hell.

Tell the Jehovah's witness Cult = 'Good luck with that."

Yes sir, I am one of Jehovah's people. You may misunderstand what the Bible teaches sir. Hell is an word that English versions of the Bible use for the original word Sheol, or Hades that occurs in the Bible. Most versions that use that term translate it equally as hell or grave, and usually translating it pit 3 times. Sheol and Hades are defined as the abode of the dead, and everyone who dies goes there. Another word that translators render hell in English versions comes from the word Gehenna, now that is not a place, rather a judgment. Perhaps you are familiar with Jesus words: (Matthew 12:31) . . .every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven.

Those who sin against the holy spirit have no forgiveness, and therefore receive the judgment of Gehenna, which means they will be cast into the lake of fire, the figurative lake representing Gehenna, and is literally defined as the second (permanent) death sir. The Bible clearly states at Rev 20:13 that all in hell will be resurrected, and then since death is no more there is no need for hell any longer, death and hell are cast into the lake, gone forever. Does this make sense to you sir?

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, it has to be understood that the born again, is not the body or the mind....its the SPIRIT.
Its the born again SPIRIT that is the Son/Daughter of God..

They can only comprehend that you are trying to tell them that their dirty carnal mind of the flesh that controls them and their wrong believing, and their body that has natural sensual urges....is the real "them".... So "How can that be sinless, they argue".
Maybe you didn't see my last question to you and I would really like an answer. You seem to be talking around it here. You are saying our body and mind is not saved while our soul is saved and exists in the kingdom of God and there is no sin there. Are you saying you don't physically sin anymore?

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's precisely the argument they and others make.

Which is why they insist we are not eternally saved. Because we are still sinners sinning.

It's why they insist salvation is from sin does not exist as they insist those in Christ ,indwelt by his holy spirit, still sin.
Which of course is averse to the gospel.
Which is actually their point.
There is a lot of talk here about spiritual things, but I like to keep things physical and I can't get a simple answer. Are you saying that you don't physically sin anymore? I do.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.

Correct.

The BODY, via the MOUTH “repents” of it’s SINS.
...It’s SINS;
...a)..natural birth of a corrupt seed.
...b)..corrupting its soul.
...c)...having Not believed in the Lord God.
The BODY, via the MOUTH “confesses” heartful belief.
The BODY, via Crucifixion with Jesus’ body, BECOMES DEAD.
GOD forgives the body, the soul, the natural spirit.
The Dead body, is delivered, redeemed, washed, sanctified, justified, covered, Waits for it’s resurrection IN Glory.
The Soul is RESTORED, (to good), ie Saved.
The Heart is circumcised.
The Spirit of God enters the new heart.
The Seed of God enters the new heart.
The Seed of God births mans new spirit.
...The Word of God, The Power of God, Now IS within that man...
Feeding the thoughts of that mans NEW spirit in his heart.
...MANS JOB thereafter...? MAKE his own Carnal Minds thoughts acquiesce to the thoughts of his new spirit...

Some call that...working out his own salvation.
Some call that...making his Mind to becoming, having a mind LIKE Christ.

God doesn’t CHANGE our Carnal Minds...He gives a Converted man the POWER for us to work it out.

Do well in working that out...and that man will do well in doing good works to Glorify God....and God shall reward that man for his efforts...
OF Glorifying Gods great name.

Men WHO do NOT acquiesce and MAKE their Carnal Mind YIELD to his Hearts thoughts....MAY and probably WILL have ILL contentions between and among men...and thereafter SUFFER the Negative results, to which that man WILL BEAR his own burden and Negative consequences.

For example: Cheat on a spouse...You have Trespasses against your spouse...caused harm/hurt/jealously....You can ask for forgiveness...They may or may not forgive....They may forgive and forget. They may forgive and still hold you accountable.... whoops...they may divorce you, take your possessions, your children, your savings.....too bad, your choice, your burden to bear, and your consequences to deal with.

Agree 100%. They are I believe on a LARGE SCALE, taught a LIE.
We are ONE TRI-fold individual...a BODY, with a SOUL, with a SPIRIT...
The TRI-fold IS called by ONE individual LEGAL Name...(yet may be called by numerous names, titles, descriptions)
YET has THREE different LIVES, that each must be Considered to fulfill Gods WILL.
* Body’s life is BLOOD...and it MUST DIE...BEFORE it can be RAISED Glorified.
* Souls’ life is Gods Breath...it never dies, but can LEAVE the soul.
* Spirits life is Gods Seed...it will never die, never leave, ONCE given the man.
.........ORDER and WAY....step by step, according to Gods WILL!! Yes.

Yes! Amen!

Yep.

BECAUSE...they can ONLY SEE with earthly eyes...
They can NOT SEE a new creature, until the body IS Risen.
Nothing new.
From the beginning, MEN could not BELIEVE, what they could NOT SEE... remember, God called them stubborn and stiffnecked?
Nothing new Today...

Ya, I don’t see my new body either...YET, I do trust to believe...
In Gods Spiritual world, ONCE He says it is DONE, it is already DONE.

2 Cor 5:
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Glory to God,
Taken
I am asking this of each of you that are saying a lot of things and I would like to learn them for myself but only if the result is different from what I am already doing. I still sin physically. Are you saying you don't physically sin anymore?

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I believe your thoughts and experiences is what you are trusting in and you have created your own version of Jesus to trust in. You basically said you been down that road before in trying to obey God to be saved and implied it did not work out for you. Seeing the Bible teaches we do have to overcome sin in this life to enter His Kingdom, it then becomes your thoughts and experiences that rules over what the Bible plainly says.

Peter talks about false prophets who cannot cease from sin.

“Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:” (2 Peter 2:14).

As I told you before, Jesus said that the slave (slave to sin) will not abide in the house (the house of Christ) forever (See: John 8:34-35).

Jesus said the the Ninevites will rise up in judgment against this generation because they repented at the preaching of Jonah.
If you were to turn to Jonah chapter 3, you would see that the Ninevites cried out unto God and forsaken their evil ways. But it was not until they had put away their wickedness when God had decided to not bring wrath or punishment upon them. Read John 3:6-10.

John the Baptist says bring forth fruits worthy of repentance. He said the axe is laid to the root of the tree and any tree that does not bring froth good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire (Meaning, one has to do good and obey God as a part of not being condemned by Him) (See: Luke 3).

Paul says let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God (2 Corinthians 7:1).
Paul says he keeps his body under subjection unless while he preached to others he could be a cast away (1 Corinthians 9:27).
Meaning, if Paul did not keep his body from sinning, he could be a cast away (not saved) as he preached to others. Paul did not say he would sin again as a matter of fact and he would be okay with God as long as he confessed his sin and hated it alone.

Right, that’s pretty much the majority of Christianity today.
Jesus said narrow is the way that leads unto life and few be there that find it.
Jesus said strive to enter the straight gate.
Saying we are going to sin again does not sound like one is striving to enter the straight gate; Especially when Jesus in context talks about casting out those who do iniquity.

So okay. Lets check your belief and see if it makes sense.
What if Bob’s sin was the murder of people.
What if he struggled not to do this sin and yet Bob did hate this sin every time he did it.
What if Bob confessed his sin and he strived to not do this sin but yet he said he will do it again because he cannot help himself but to sin (murder) again.

Just replace any other sin in this list besides murder.

Rape, child abuse, theft, idolatry, etcetera.

Does it really make it better if we just say we will always sin if we just hate it in these cases?

I don’t believe so.

What is helpful in understanding 1 John 1:8 is looking at its immediate context. 1 John 1:10 says if we say we have not sinned. 1 John 1:10 switches gears from 1 John 1:8 in regards to time; John talks about the declaration on committing sin in verse 8 (which is present tense) to a declaration on committing sin being a past declaration (with verse 10). Verse 10 is saying there are people who said they have not sinned (past tense). This is clearly a gnostic belief. Why? Well, most believers today hold to the idea that they have sinned as a part of their old life before coming to Christ (Regardless of whether they are “OSAS,” a “Sin and still be saved” type believer, or a “Conditional Salvationist”). So this clearly is a “gnostic belief” that John was warning the brethren about (See 1 John 2:26). 1 John 1:8 is a present declaration of sin. It is saying if we say we have no sin when we do sin (present tense). This has to be the interpretative understanding of this verse because 1 John 2:4 says if we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the truth is not in us. The OSAS's interpretation on 1 John 1:8 does not work because it conflicts with a normal reading on 1 John 2:3-4. You cannot always be in sin (breaking God's commands) as a part of 1 John 1:8 and yet also fulfill 1 John 2:3 that says we can have an assurance of knowing Him if we keep His commandments. Especially when 1 John 2:4 says we are a liar and the truth is not in us if we break his commandments. In other words, if the OSAS interpretation on 1 John 1:8 was true, then I would be damned if I do by obeying God's commands (1 John 1:8) and yet I would be damned if I don't by not obeying God's commands (1 John 2:4).

In fact, the New English Translation says this for 1 John 1:8,

"If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us." (1 John 1:8 NET).​

In other words, this verse is saying that if a person sins and says they do not bear the guilt of sin (in the sense that they will not have to face any wrath or Judgment from God over their sin) then they would be deceiving themselves and the truth would not be in them. This is exactly what the Eternal Security proposes. They are saying that they do not bear the guilt of any sin (destruction of their soul and body in hell fire) if they do sin because they believe their future sins are paid for by Jesus. They are saying, they do not bear the guilt or the punishment of sin at the final Judgment because of their belief on Jesus. In short, 1 John 1:8 is a denial of the existence of sin on some level. “If we say we have no sin (in the sense that it does not exist) we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8). Christian Scientists think sin is an illusion and does not exist at all. So this verse would apply to them. Eternal Security Proponents and those who deny that “Sin Can Separate a Believer from God” deny the existence of sin partially. They believe sin exists physically but they do not believe sin exists for them on a spiritual level because Jesus has forgiven them of all their sin by their belief on Jesus. In fact, to see just how silly your argument actually is for 1 John 1:8, you would have to believe that you are sinning right now at this very moment in order for such a verse to be true because 1 John 1:8 is speaking in the present tense.

John prescribes that we do not think that sin is an illusion, and we are automatically saved, but John is telling us to "sin not" and go to our advocate Jesus Christ (1 John 2:1), and confess our sins so as to be forgiven of sin and to be cleansed of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). How can you confess and be forgiven of sin if all your future sin is paid for? It makes no sense.

You can say that John is talking about a break of fellowship by one's sins and not a loss of salvation, but that would not be consistent with Scripture. 1 John 5:12 says he that has the Son has life, and he that does not have the Son does not have life.
So you don't physically sin anymore? I've been asking this of each of you who talk like they don't or even can't anymore but I haven't gotten a yes or no answer yet. I don't get into much spiritual stuff and keep things real.