• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When you really really have had enough, you'll move on and quit adding more hogs to be washed.

You are a Jehovah's Witness?
Is that true?
The reason i ask is that this Cult teaches that Hell is Temporary, and all Christ Rejectors, who die, and go to Hell, can look forward to getting out.
So, that is a Satanic Teaching, that is a "Doctrine of Devils'.

Will you be teaching it today?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace actually gives us the ability to do the work (See: 1 Corinthians 15:10).

This is an important point. Grace is only for help in time of need to endure temptation and overcome sinning. No one while sinning has any grace at all, because they have already denied the help of the Spirit of grace. Grace is only upon them seeking help of Christ not to sin.

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Jesus is the only person ever, who had the grace of God upon Himself for life, since as a child He learned to always refuse the evil and choose the good. Now we have grace available and power to do the same, if we choose His help when being tempted as He was.

I have not talked with any OSAS Christians who think that they must be sinlessly perfect in order for Eternal Security to be true.

No, far from it. They say the only ones not saved are the sinlessly perfect, who dare to actually walk as He walked.

Keep up the good work. I am enjoying your exhortations, and don't let their dissembling responses get you down. Just don't expect anything better.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that true?
The reason i ask is that this Cult teaches that Hell is Temporary, and all Christ Rejectors, who die, and go to Hell, can look forward to getting out.

That's a new one. Are you getting weird on me? Focus, Behold!, focus.

Actually hell, death, the devil, and the dead souls of them not written in the Lamb's book of life, are temporarily not in the lake of fire, until they are all cast one at a time into the lake of fire.

God doesn't do mass judgment.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Is that true?

What denomination condemns the eternal irrevocable salvation gospel?
There appear to be many members of that one on this site.

One as I recall even mocked the word, irrevocable.

One claims Jesus was a ''mere man.''

Very strange to read such things on a Christian site. But as we know not all here are in Christ.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to stop sinning....... you have to be born again......not just water baptized and religious, wasting time in Church on Sunday.
Jesus said : "you must be BORN AGAIN", and "that is by my SPIRIT, sayeth the LORD".

Once you are born again, you are to "work out your Salvation".

See, you have it if you are truly born again... You have Salvation. God has given it to you as "the GIFT of Salvation"... And now you are to work it out.
How do you do that?
Its only worked out by you existing in the renewed mind of right understanding regarding what it means to have become : "a new Creation in Christ".

Most believers never do this..
They end up the first year, or the first few months deceived by a heretic. They are deceived into the false religion of "trying to stay saved".
See that?
That is LEGALISM.. Its the "gospel of Works" that denies GRACE.
To have that "faith" is to be "fallen from Grace".
That's Broken Faith.

Salvation is God saving us, based on the Cross of Christ.
THE END.

We have to learn to completely TRUST THAT, which is to renew your mind, as your mind wants to NOT TRUST THAT.
Your mind wants you to try to keep yourself saved by doing WORKS ... .good deeds, keeping commandments.
But REAL FAITH....is to KNOW that God who saved you, through THE CROSS of CHRIST, keeps you saved through THE Cross of Christ".

Philippians 1:6

And when you end the "here is what i have to DO, to go to heaven, ... to stay saved".... = carnal mind, and get the renewed mind that BELIEVES that Jesus Keeps you SAVED......then you have entered your very first day of true discipleship, as you have worked out your Salvation.

See, you can have Salvation, and not understand it at all.
Most Cults and many Denominations are built on not understanding Salvation.
Forum are filled with people who have no understanding, at all, of God's Salvation.

Let me show you how to CLEARLY UNDERSTAND, Salvation.

A.) Jesus is Salvation.

B.) Jesus is your Eternal Life

C.) Christ on the Cross, forgives ALL your sin

D.) Heaven is already your home, as the born again are "seated in HEAVENLY PLACES, In Christ".
I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't tell me what I am doing, when you don't know. If you think so, then you can ask me. I don't keep myself saved and I certainly don't do it by good works. I only do good because it is available to me to do it and Jesus wants me to. The only thing I do to be forgiven and saved is to confess sinning to Jesus from the heart when I do sin.

So I want to return to the question I asked you, because I'm not really seeing your answer that I really want to know, or maybe you haven't gotten to it yet. You ask me if I want to stop sinning. Yes, I actually do because I know that there are Christians saints who have and they are much more classed in their walk with Jesus than I. I still walk with Him but not always as I should.

And so are you saying you are one of them that has stopped sinning? If that is the result of your teaching, then I really do want to understand you better. I think I'm getting an understanding but not to the point of not sinning. So if you have stopped sinning, then I want to learn how to like you have with Jesus.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ has the sin of all the born again.
If you have yours, then you have a real issue, as that means that Jesus has not died for it yet.

According to scripture, anyone who claims to not have sin is deceiving themselves.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
According to scripture, anyone who claims to not have sin is deceiving themselves.

That verse in 1st John is not talking to the born again.

The verse that is talking to them, is 1 John 3:9, where it says the born again "cannot" sin.

SAME APOSTLE.
SAME EPISTLE.

Heretics dont study a bible, so, they have no idea what Paul teaches regarding the Doctrine of Salvation, nor do they care.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes it is. The author says "we".

And if you've ever been to a real church.......... and hear a preacher like me give an "alter call", i will also say "we", when im talking to sinners about there need for Christ, and how they need to be forgiven their sin.
Thing is....just like Paul......i dont need to be forgiven for mine,......however, i will still say to anyone who would not believe or who does not understand that they are a SINNER.........I will say...>"we can't say we have no sin".

See that "WE"?
I said "we" but im only talking about them.

That is Paul in Hebrews 10.
That is John in 1 John 1:9

Reactions: Taken

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Reactions: Taken

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Gateway passage: 1 John 3 - Complete Jewish Bible

Jesus came to take away sin.
Claiming he failed in us is satanic.

The 'we' in the verse is speaking on a relative sense,relating to the community being brought the message of redemption from sin.

It's inconsistent with the gospel to claim we are saved from sin, and we are still sinners.

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Some teach we have no sins to confess. That is a one way road straight to hell.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

The 'we' in the verse is speaking on a relative sense,relating to the community being brought the message of redemption from sin.
It's inconsistent with the gospel to claim we are saved from sin, and we are still sinners.

That is so true.

All the born again Exist, Spiritually, as a new Creation IN CHrist.
There is no Sin found "in Christ" and all the born again exist there.

This is why the verse says..

"As JESUS IS........so ARE......the born again......IN>.....THIS.....WORLD".

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,

Christ already became sin on the Cross, was judged for the sin of the world, and DIED for them ALL.

Read 2 Corinthians 5:19. carefully.

There is God's Judgment found against ALL SIN.. 2000 yrs ago. = THE CROSS OF CHRIST.

Christ BECAME the sin of the born again, and was crucified for them all, and the born again have been given the GIFT of.... "the righteousness of God in Christ". "made righteous".

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Some teach we have no sins to confess. That is a one way road straight to hell.
Yes. When we come to God he cleanses us from all unrighteousness.
How then would we be able to remain unrighteous after this?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes.

Sinner, implies one who actively commits sin.

A converted man has confessed his sin and is forgiven his sin, is delivered from the curse of sin, is free from ability to sin, can sin no more.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see what you mean but you are reading things into me that I've never said. I don't trust in my own thoughts or my expericnes.

Yes, I believe your thoughts and experiences is what you are trusting in and you have created your own version of Jesus to trust in. You basically said you been down that road before in trying to obey God to be saved and implied it did not work out for you. Seeing the Bible teaches we do have to overcome sin in this life to enter His Kingdom, it then becomes your thoughts and experiences that rules over what the Bible plainly says.

Peter talks about false prophets who cannot cease from sin.

“Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:” (2 Peter 2:14).

As I told you before, Jesus said that the slave (slave to sin) will not abide in the house (the house of Christ) forever (See: John 8:34-35).

Jesus said the the Ninevites will rise up in judgment against this generation because they repented at the preaching of Jonah.
If you were to turn to Jonah chapter 3, you would see that the Ninevites cried out unto God and forsaken their evil ways. But it was not until they had put away their wickedness when God had decided to not bring wrath or punishment upon them. Read John 3:6-10.

John the Baptist says bring forth fruits worthy of repentance. He said the axe is laid to the root of the tree and any tree that does not bring froth good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire (Meaning, one has to do good and obey God as a part of not being condemned by Him) (See: Luke 3).

Paul says let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God (2 Corinthians 7:1).
Paul says he keeps his body under subjection unless while he preached to others he could be a cast away (1 Corinthians 9:27).
Meaning, if Paul did not keep his body from sinning, he could be a cast away (not saved) as he preached to others. Paul did not say he would sin again as a matter of fact and he would be okay with God as long as he confessed his sin and hated it alone.

You said:
I know what they are but I don't trust in them. I only trust in believing Jesus is the Christ and that He fogirves me of sinning by confessing to Him. And I also agree that Christians can be faithful in all things at all times, but I am not one of them and I stopped trusting in that to be saved by.

Right, that’s pretty much the majority of Christianity today.
Jesus said narrow is the way that leads unto life and few be there that find it.
Jesus said strive to enter the straight gate.
Saying we are going to sin again does not sound like one is striving to enter the straight gate; Especially when Jesus in context talks about casting out those who do iniquity.

So okay. Lets check your belief and see if it makes sense.
What if Bob’s sin was the murder of people.
What if he struggled not to do this sin and yet Bob did hate this sin every time he did it.
What if Bob confessed his sin and he strived to not do this sin but yet he said he will do it again because he cannot help himself but to sin (murder) again.

Just replace any other sin in this list besides murder.

Rape, child abuse, theft, idolatry, etcetera.

Does it really make it better if we just say we will always sin if we just hate it in these cases?

I don’t believe so.

You said:
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1.8)

What is helpful in understanding 1 John 1:8 is looking at its immediate context. 1 John 1:10 says if we say we have not sinned. 1 John 1:10 switches gears from 1 John 1:8 in regards to time; John talks about the declaration on committing sin in verse 8 (which is present tense) to a declaration on committing sin being a past declaration (with verse 10). Verse 10 is saying there are people who said they have not sinned (past tense). This is clearly a gnostic belief. Why? Well, most believers today hold to the idea that they have sinned as a part of their old life before coming to Christ (Regardless of whether they are “OSAS,” a “Sin and still be saved” type believer, or a “Conditional Salvationist”). So this clearly is a “gnostic belief” that John was warning the brethren about (See 1 John 2:26). 1 John 1:8 is a present declaration of sin. It is saying if we say we have no sin when we do sin (present tense). This has to be the interpretative understanding of this verse because 1 John 2:4 says if we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the truth is not in us. The OSAS's interpretation on 1 John 1:8 does not work because it conflicts with a normal reading on 1 John 2:3-4. You cannot always be in sin (breaking God's commands) as a part of 1 John 1:8 and yet also fulfill 1 John 2:3 that says we can have an assurance of knowing Him if we keep His commandments. Especially when 1 John 2:4 says we are a liar and the truth is not in us if we break his commandments. In other words, if the OSAS interpretation on 1 John 1:8 was true, then I would be damned if I do by obeying God's commands (1 John 1:8) and yet I would be damned if I don't by not obeying God's commands (1 John 2:4).

In fact, the New English Translation says this for 1 John 1:8,

"If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us." (1 John 1:8 NET).​

In other words, this verse is saying that if a person sins and says they do not bear the guilt of sin (in the sense that they will not have to face any wrath or Judgment from God over their sin) then they would be deceiving themselves and the truth would not be in them. This is exactly what the Eternal Security proposes. They are saying that they do not bear the guilt of any sin (destruction of their soul and body in hell fire) if they do sin because they believe their future sins are paid for by Jesus. They are saying, they do not bear the guilt or the punishment of sin at the final Judgment because of their belief on Jesus. In short, 1 John 1:8 is a denial of the existence of sin on some level. “If we say we have no sin (in the sense that it does not exist) we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8). Christian Scientists think sin is an illusion and does not exist at all. So this verse would apply to them. Eternal Security Proponents and those who deny that “Sin Can Separate a Believer from God” deny the existence of sin partially. They believe sin exists physically but they do not believe sin exists for them on a spiritual level because Jesus has forgiven them of all their sin by their belief on Jesus. In fact, to see just how silly your argument actually is for 1 John 1:8, you would have to believe that you are sinning right now at this very moment in order for such a verse to be true because 1 John 1:8 is speaking in the present tense.

John prescribes that we do not think that sin is an illusion, and we are automatically saved, but John is telling us to "sin not" and go to our advocate Jesus Christ (1 John 2:1), and confess our sins so as to be forgiven of sin and to be cleansed of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). How can you confess and be forgiven of sin if all your future sin is paid for? It makes no sense.

You can say that John is talking about a break of fellowship by one's sins and not a loss of salvation, but that would not be consistent with Scripture. 1 John 5:12 says he that has the Son has life, and he that does not have the Son does not have life.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. When we come to God he cleanses us from all unrighteousness.
How then would we be able to remain unrighteous after this?

Because we still sin. We need forgiveness for our entire life.