• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You need to keep reading the verse.

Bible Highlighter...

Listen up.

The born again, have no worries about being "spared". As the born again already have eternal life, already exist as "One with God', are already "seated in heavenly places IN CHRIST">...= and have already become the "temple of the Holy Spirit">.
So, Your Grace Denying Legalism Theology that you preach..., this self saving Gospel of self righteous works you are spewing out, has nothing to do with The Cross Of Christ or the Redemption that is found as "The Gift of Salvation".
Believe it.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again, have no worries about being "spared". As the born again already have eternal life

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” (John 10:27-28)

So listen to his voice here:

“…go, and sin no more.” (John 8:11)

If you still sin you don’t have eternal life.

“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” (2 Corinthians 13:5)

So don’t temp God, RETAIN those words in your knowledge!

“And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting” (Romans 1:28)

IT IS NOT FITTING FOR A CHRISTIAN TO SIN!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
IT IS NOT FITTING FOR A CHRISTIAN TO SIN!

Then you should stop, Michiah-Imla
Good idea.
No more sinning and confessing...
Learn how.
Read my many Threads on how to end the "confessing and sinning and confessing" failed discipleship.

But first, read Acts 28, to learn why Hebrews 10 is not talking to the born again.
Do that first.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
read Acts 28, to learn why Hebrews 10 is not talking to the born again.

Okay, let’s look at a portion of Acts 28…

“And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.” (Acts 28:23-24)

Now in Hebrews 10:26-29 believers (whatever race) are being warned:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

How does Acts 28 help your sin supporting doctrine of ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its my Thread. How do you know? Because i wrote it.

Again, you wrote on a public forum and or thread and not a private one. You wrote something publicly and people should be free to express their beliefs in discrediting what you wrote if it is not true. Your control over the freedom of speech is merely an attempt to push your own agenda (Which involves people to sin and still be saved).

You said:
also,
See your list of works? Only a fool would think that doing those is doing "righteousness".

So you believe that you have to help the poor to be saved?
You believe that you have to preach the gospel as a part of salvation?
Do you believe you have to love the brethren as a part of eternal life?
I don’t think you truly believe that.
Your message taken from Protestants is to simply believe in Jesus and the finished work of the cross to be saved alone and nothing else.
This is false when we examine Scripture, though. Nowhere does the Bible teach the false Perpetual Protestant Belief Alone Salvation lie.

You said:
Only God, Only Christ, and only the Spirit of the Born again, are "righteous", and your list of works is evidence that you have no idea what you are saying... as to try to prove that your silly works, are equal to God's Holiness, is the theology of vain jangling, self righteousness, and utter Cross rejection.
Believe it.

No. Sorry. You are the one who has no idea of what he says. Good works is not forced upon you. In Titus 3:8, Paul basically said to Titus to affirm constantly to be careful to maintain good works with other believers. In Titus 3:14, Paul said to Titus that he was to tell others to maintain good works so as not to be unfruitful. This runs contrary to your false Protestant Belief Alone Salvationist theology.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Okay, let’s look at a portion of Acts 28…

“And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.” (Acts 28:23-24)

You tried to avoid it by not posting the verses that pertain to Hebrews 10:26.
Not really very clever, is it?

Now notice....""
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.""""

Notice....>"i will take this SALVATION">........to the GENTILES...

See that?
That is because Paul is tired of talking to the HEBREWS<>JEWs= who keep rejecting their MESSIAH.

= Hebrews Chapter 6, and 10

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement is not a correct understanding of why a person goes to hell.
See, behavior has nothing to do with being saved or going to hell.

Jesus said...."you must be born again", and that is not a self effort.
That is God causing your spirit to become in union with His, which is how you become born again.
So, if that 2nd birthday....."born........AGAIN">...#2..... never happened to you, then you will not go to heaven, as Jesus said...>"you must be born again".

Religious People have this idea that God sends you to hell if you are not a good little boy or good little girl.
And the ignorant religious have this idea...."if my good works outnumber my bad, then God will LET ME INTO Heaven".
So, there is your most ignorant misunderstanding of why a person does not go to hell.

Notice this verse.... John 3:36. .. ITs says the wrath of God is on everyone who has not yet believed in Jesus... = born again.

= You will note that the wrath of God is not on you because you dont keep commandments or you dont try to be like Christ.
Take note of that, for future reference.
I believe hell is the consequences of our sin. For instance, if I rob a bank, I go to prison.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Again, you wrote on a public forum and or thread and not a private one.
No. Sorry. You are the one who has no idea of what he says. .

Yes, its my Thread. True.

also, Bible Highligher, you are trying to prove that your silly self effort..."works"... such as you LISTED<= can create you to be of equal righteousness to God's own.
And That is devout, DEVOUT, self righteousness you are afflicted with, according to your posts that define YOU.
You should repent of your self saving, and turn to Christ to keep you saved.
Believe it.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter...

Listen up.

The born again, have no worries about being "spared". As the born again already have eternal life, already exist as "One with God', are already "seated in heavenly places IN CHRIST">...= and have already become the "temple of the Holy Spirit">.
So, Your Grace Denying Legalism Theology that you preach..., this self saving Gospel of self righteous works you are spewing out, has nothing to do with The Cross Of Christ or the Redemption that is found as "The Gift of Salvation".
Believe it.

No. You are the one who is not listening (i.e. listening to what the Bible really says).

Jesus Christ alone possesses immortality (1 Timothy 6:16).
So eternal life or immortality is not a magical wish granted to you by a genie or a super power.
Eternal life is Jesus Christ. For Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).
1 John 5:12 says he that has the Son has life and he that does not have the Son does not have life.
So you have to have the Son or abide in Him in order to have eternal life because Jesus is the source of eternal life or immortality.
Protestant Belief Alone Salvationists falsely teach that you can be out of fellowship with the Lord Jesus and still be saved.
But this runs contrary to Scripture verses like 1 John 5:12.

So how do you know you truly know Jesus Christ (and thereby have eternal life)?

If you find you are keeping His commandments. (See 1 John 2:3).
For the person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him (1 John 2:4).
You push that you can break God’s commands (sin) and yet still be saved because salvation is not based on anything you do but solely on a belief in Jesus plus nothing else. But 1 John 2:3-4 refutes this false line of thinking.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I believe hell is the consequences of our sin. For instance, if I rob a bank, I go to prison.

That is your opinion.

God has the final answer.. He says that if you die a Christ Rejector, you will bear His Wrath, and that wrath will find you dead and in hell, immediately after, if you die never having done this..."Jesus said....."YOU must be born again".
If you are not, you will go directly to hell, upon your last breath.

John 3:36

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No. You are the one who is not listening

I dont "Listen" to the self righteous gloat their self righteousness as their own Salvation.
You are right about that, Bible HighLighter.
What i do, is try to help them get OUT of their Legalism, and turn to real faith in Christ.
And when they have it, they will stop talking about themselves and their self effort, as you do, and they will start giving Christ all the credit due Him alone for saving them and keeping them saved.

You are not there yet.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You tried to avoid it by not posting the verses that pertain to Hebrews 10:26.
Not really very clever, is it?

Really?

Proceed… show us the verse I “cleverly” left out:

27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing

These are unbelievers. They are already in willful sin having not received the truth to be sanctified by the blood.

Notice....>"i will take this SALVATION">........to the GENTILES...

And these gentiles are the ones being warned in “Hebrews”:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:26-29)

You are not sanctified by the blood of Christ unless you receive and believe the truth. The Jews in Acts 28 who did not receive and believe are not the subject of Hebrews 10:26-29.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your opinion.

God has the final answer.. He says that if you die a Christ Rejector, you will bear His Wrath, and that wrath will find you dead and in hell, immediately after, if you die never having done this..."Jesus said....."YOU must be born again".
If you are not, you will go directly to hell, upon your last breath.

John 3:36

Actually, John 3:20 says all who do evil hate the light and neither come to the light.
So if you do evil or sin, you hate the light (i.e. the real Jesus). Seeing OSAS or Belief Alone Salvationism allows for a person to sin and still be saved, they are hating the real Jesus of the Bible and they have replaced Him with a false Jesus that allows them to justify sin on some level.

Also, part of John 12:48 says if we do not receive Christ’s words, those words will judge us on the last day (i.e. the Judgment). For example: If you don’t accept the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:28-30 and you teach others to not accept these words by Jesus, then you can lead others to have lustful thoughts towards woman whereby they will be thrown bodily into hellfire.

Their blood will be on your hands.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont "Listen" to the self righteous gloat their self righteousness as their own Salvation.
You are right about that, Bible HighLighter.

See again, you are not even listening. I said you are not listening to the Bible and not me.
Yet, you failed to even listen or hear that point correctly.

You said:
What i do, is try to help them get OUT of their Legalism, and turn to real faith in Christ.

Only the weak in faith or those who don’t know their Bible well will be deceived by your false teachings.
Faith is everything in your Bible including God telling you to do good works for His Kingdom (Ephesians 2:10).
For faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).

You said:
And when they have it, they will stop talking about themselves and their self effort, as you do, and they will start giving Christ all the credit due Him alone for saving them and keeping them saved.

You are not there yet.

Again, you have no idea what the Bible really says.
For example: You have to twist the plain meaning of these below verses to mean something else.
Work out your salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12).
Fight the good fight of faith and lay hold on eternal life (1 Timothy 6:12).

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Perfectionism, is a self effort. And you dont go to heaven or become a Child of God by trying to be good or perfect.

Trying to be good enough for God to accept, is no different than the false teaching of "enduring to the end", to try to claw your way into heaven by SELF EFFORT.

All of THAT, is works based Cross rejection. ITs LEGALISM.

So, Paul teaches that we are to become : "the fullness of the Stature of Christ"., and that we can become "as many as be perfect". And this is not found by trying to be good enough., or trying to be like Christ., as that is just more SELF EFFORT FAILURE.

Hell is filled with water baptized religious people who would say..>"But i tried to be good enough for God to accept, and i always tried to be like Jesus... all my Life."
= Christ says to them...."Depart from me i never Knew you"....and that is why they are in hell.
They tried to be good enough for God to accept, and that is not how you go to heaven.
God only accepts you based on the Holy ONE who IS GOOD ENOUGH, and died for you so that by His Sacrifice, God will have YOU.

You Go to Heaven by this.....>Jesus Said...>"You must be BORN AGAIN"< as that is God giving you His Righteousness and re-creating you to be a "new Creation in Christ".
This is why Paul tells us that what only matters is the "new Creation", and all this other SELF EFFORT, is "DUNG"....as God does not accept anything we do, to accept us.
He accepts us based on what God as Christ on The Cross has PROVIDED, and that is the Blood Atonement....that is "THE GIFT OF SALVATiON".

Paul is teaching to become YIELDED, .. no longer trying to WORK or PERFORM for God to try to EARN His Love and Acceptance and Forgiveness.
To be YIELDED to the understanding of God making you righteous based on "the GIFT of Righteousness", as the only reason you become a SON/Daughter of God.
The power found there to live the holy life is as Paul teaches : Christ lives in me, it is not I who live"... = it is not by my SELF EFFORT, but by the Spirit of GOD in me ...= who empowers my Holiness and my Discipleship.
As that MIND and REAL FAITH>....is the Power of Christ, found.
That is how you stop being the sinning and confessing ..>"apart from me you can do NOTHING"< which is Christ explaining that when you try to be a Christian by performance, you are shutting off His Living Through you that IS ..."Christ always gives me the VICTORY"... over the flesh, the world, and the devil.
The only way to go to hell is by not believing Jesus is the Christ.

"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well." (1 John 5:1)

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, its my Thread. True.

Unless you are a Moderator, or you own this forum, nowhere do you have control over any thread on this forum to such a point whereby you can prevent other posters to not post a long list of verses that refutes your false belief. It’s not like the thread is a book you had written (under copy write law) or something. This is a thread that is open to the public and people are free to express their opinions here. If you don’t want them to do that, then go to a private chat or forum whereby you can control everything.

Again, your Protestant Belief Alone Salvationist Theology cannot stand under any kind of real scrutiny involving the Scriptures and thus this is why you don’t want a ton of verses posted that refutes your false belief. That’s the only reason. For like I said. If somebody listed verses to favor your false belief, you would give them the thumbs up or give them a like. That sounds like you are filtering the truth to fit your own agenda.

You said:
also, Bible Highligher, you are trying to prove that your silly self effort..."works"... such as you LISTED<= can create you to be of equal righteousness to God's own.

No. I did not write Matthew 25:31-46, 1 Timothy 5:8, Titus 1:16, James 2:17, James 2:24, James 1:12, James 1:21, etcetera. God inspired those Scripture verses and your rejection of these verses is simply a rejection of the one true GOD.

You said:
And That is devout, DEVOUT, self righteousness you are afflicted with, according to your posts that define YOU.
You should repent of your self saving, and turn to Christ to keep you saved.
Believe it.

Why would I believe imaginary Protestant lies over what the Bible says? That’s just silly. Jesus says you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way to go to hell is by not believing Jesus is the Christ.

"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well." (1 John 5:1)

The person who is born of God also does righteousness (1 John 2:29).
The person who is born of God also loves one another (1 John 4:7).
So it’s more than just a belief alone to show one has been born again.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Of course you don't get it. Self, above all, as you protest, is the natural man. Fixed on the flesh,the carnal, gratification,satisfaction,self-will.
The problem with natural man's thinking in matters of the gospel? The natural man thinks they choose Jesus, they choose to be saved, they choose to do good and work for their reward. Which is why they also think they can choose to lose all they think they work to attain; ''salvation''.
Even then they're all about self in control of what originates with and from God.

Somehow, they read the gospel books through eyes covered with scales, and through those lenses insist they choose to save themselves.
Or fall back and damn themselves again. Because that control factor is key.
They tell Christians everything that is changed in the redeemed repentant sinner who is called to Christ can be overcome,undone, by the mortal, by choice.
They can lose their salvation, the holy spirit can be evicted from indwelling them , they can lose their rebirth in Christ, they can return to their damnation state.
The power of the natural man can overcome the grace of God.

What in truth does the natural man accomplish in their self effort?
They die damned in their sins.[.b]

Isn’t everything you do in life “self-effort”?

I don’t get this seemingly negative attitude towards “self-effort”…

Yes, everyone knows this.

No one disputed this.

It’s how you behave AFTER conversion is where we disagree in regards to seeing salvation in the end.

The New Testament is guide of behavior for the born again Christian.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many religious people, have this idea that discipleship IS their salvation
So, BEHAVIOR has no relation to remaining a Son of God, as it has no relationship to becoming one
Not being a disciple of Christ is the sign that you are not saved and are still in the slavery and condemnation of your sin and not a son of God.