Hurricane Sandy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're bracing ourselves here in Philly. Hurricane Sandy is approaching. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got it, it passed by yesterday, no rain or anything from it, but we saw some spectacular clouds and it cleared the air out.

Obviously, you guys are slated for the bad part - just make sure you are stocked and check on anyone who does not have the resources afterwards. Ya'll will definitely be in my prayers!

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Axehead.

So far we've experienced nothing more than a bad storm. We're being told it could get worse as the night goes on. We'll see. The Lord is good. I appreciate all of your prayers.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got it Rex.

Loosing power is our greatest fear right now. We have enough non-perishable/ready to eat food to last about three days if the power goes out. We were told to keep cash on hand, but that's futile. The stores around here have been stripped bare. There's nothing useful to buy right now, even if the stores were open.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
I just moved form an area they called Hurricane Alley,i remember saying to myself when i moved 200 miles North and West that i was leaving the woes of Hurricanes behind having gone through Isobel and Irene and loosing power for a total of 17 days...now here i am listening to the wind howl through the mountains and wondering when day 18 is going to start....your best friend in a hurricane is a generator and your worst enemy is a Tree.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Story
I was in another state when a freak snow storm came in "last winter" we lost power even cell phone service for 3 days. The friend I was staying with was very ill-prepared. He did have a fire place but I had to repair his chainsaw. For light in the evening I found one of those man made stone jars and a lid from a pan with a slit in the top to relieve steam. I found a bottle of vegetable cooking oil, filled the jar with oil and cut up a sock as a wick. I pushed the sock threw the pan lid and lowered the remainder into the jar. That lamp burned for three days and when I emptied it, it still had plenty of oil. It provides a nice bright light.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Here in Pittsburgh we are getting some wind and rain. It will be a noisy night but not nearly as bad as the folks on the other side of the Appalachia's.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we got through it o.k. and we didn't loose power. Some did and some didn't. The transit system is still shut down. No school for the kiddies. Lots of fallen trees and tree limbs. Now it's time to clean up the messes that were left behind.

I want to thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"Glory to God!" Thank you Jesus!
smiley-happy057.gif
5xspzr.gif
smiley-happy110.gif
smiley-happy088.gif

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Power was lost here. Only have a library connection. Please pray for those who still have to go through this