I need prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cardinal1990

Feb 21, 2015
I'm tired of feeling alone. I'm struggling with an addiction and I'm afraid to tell anyone. I don't want to do it anymore, It's tiring. I feel so depressed.
I have been taking gravol (dimenhydrinate or dramamine) for prbably 5-6 years now. I take it to sleep, I don't take it to get high at all, I hate the way it makes me feel. At first it didn't make me feel this crappy but now it does. I'm pretty sure this drug made me have these anxiety attacks. I started having anxiety attacks in September of 2013 and I haven't been the same since.
I'm planning to be free from this drug before 2016, I need support, I need encouragement, I need JESUS!!!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I will pray for you Cardinal 1990. Can you tell me what event happened in your life in September of 2013 which seems to be a specific time when these anxiety attacks began?

Bless you!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father I pray blessings on this request in Jesus name I pray.

Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cardinal, part of getting out of this will be first to take it to Jesus in prayer and confession, but your very next step needs to be to find someone you trust to confess this to and to help you get away from it!

In all of my experiences with addiction, it doesn't go away on its own. By that, I mean you can easily fall prey to the lie that Jesus will just make it go away one day and you're just inadequate for the task or even that you'll just do it later. Talk to someone you trust like a pastor, good friend, or family member who walks with Jesus. Someone you can look in the eyes. You're gonna need physical accountability and possibly even professional help (with a Christian focus) to help you overcome in Christ. The good news is that Jesus died on the cross for you to best this.

I'm joining the others here in prayer for you! If I can help you locate a resource or pray further, please let me know. Angelina or myself are always available through private message (PM) as well.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father I pray continued blessings on this request in Jesus name I pray.

Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

Cardinal1990

Feb 21, 2015
Angelina said:
I will pray for you Cardinal 1990. Can you tell me what event happened in your life in September of 2013 which seems to be a specific time when these anxiety attacks began?

Bless you!
Well in September 2013 I had my first panic attack, after that I wasn't the same. I cried almost everyday for about 7 months. I didn't feel like myself anymore, everyone said I was different. I had no interest in anything. I seen so many doctors, been to the ER many times, and the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me. There were many times I tried to commit suicide. I felt alone. Then my Aunt told me to pray and read the bible, she even bought me my first bible Theres not really anything I can think of that might have triggered this. I was going to school, it wasn't stressful, I was doing good but I had to quit. i do believe the gravol caused all this.

rockytopva said:
Father I pray blessings on this request in Jesus name I pray.

Thank You
HammerStone said:
Cardinal, part of getting out of this will be first to take it to Jesus in prayer and confession, but your very next step needs to be to find someone you trust to confess this to and to help you get away from it!

In all of my experiences with addiction, it doesn't go away on its own. By that, I mean you can easily fall prey to the lie that Jesus will just make it go away one day and you're just inadequate for the task or even that you'll just do it later. Talk to someone you trust like a pastor, good friend, or family member who walks with Jesus. Someone you can look in the eyes. You're gonna need physical accountability and possibly even professional help (with a Christian focus) to help you overcome in Christ. The good news is that Jesus died on the cross for you to best this.

I'm joining the others here in prayer for you! If I can help you locate a resource or pray further, please let me know. Angelina or myself are always available through private message (PM) as well.
There were so many times I prayed about it, but sometimes I feel like he's not listening, it breaks my heart and I just cry. I'm planning to tell my Aunt about this problem, I trust her and she gives the best advice, and she walks with Jesus.
Thank you so much!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father I pray continues blessings and providence over this request in Jesus name I pray.