If We Protestants Truly Hated Catholics...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because you and your husband were ignorant Catholics and raised ignorant Catholic Children who felt the need to go elsewhere because of you lack of spiritual leadership.

Stop blaming the Church for your ignorance and spiritual laziness . . .

If the stepping stones are for coming to Christ or to God the Father, then when the Bridegroom appears, will a Catholic draw back, thinking he needs to go to the confessional booth or to the Mass?

If they are dependent on those stepping stones to be able to approach Him instead of placing all that hope on Jesus Christ as it is His righteousness in us for approaching God, how can it NOT draw them back from Him when He appears as the Bridegroom?

Hebrews 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. 38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
If the stepping stones are for coming to Christ or to God the Father, then when the Bridegroom appears, will a Catholic draw back, thinking he needs to go to the confessional booth or to the Mass?

If they are dependent on those stepping stones to be able to approach Him instead of placing all that hope on Jesus Christ as it is His righteousness in us for approaching God, how can it NOT draw them back from Him when He appears as the Bridegroom?

Hebrews 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. 38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
I live here now and all my friends are Catholic. Some just go to church for whatever reason, and some are really saved.

If you asked either one of them what would they feel if Jesus came back tomorrow, they'd say that they'd have to spend some time in purgatory.

Reactions: Nancy

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live here now and all my friends are Catholic. Some just go to church for whatever reason, and some are really saved.

If they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God has raised them from the dead, they are saved whether they believe the end result of His words or not.

It is unfortunate that they believe the Catholic Church and sacraments are necessary for salvation, which is why I apply Hebrews 4th chapter to how they are laboring in unbelief and coming short of that rest even though they are saved.

If you asked either one of them what would they feel if Jesus came back tomorrow, they'd say that they'd have to spend some time in purgatory.

They may find to their joy that there is no purgatory, when they are absent from the body in seeing that they are present with the Lord in Heaven, however it will be to their dismay when they find out that they cannot attend the Marriage Supper as one of the firstfruits of the resurrection when He returns to make an appearance as the Bridegroom to earth. They shall find themselves under the altar awaiting their glorified terrestrial inheritance when He returns to earth as the King of kings.

So the call to depart from iniquity is still being given out to Catholics to cease being Catholics and cease doing the works of catholicism within so that their brothers and sisters in the Catholic Church can see the original & genuine faith in Jesus Christ that they are saved when they had first believed, and that running that race is about trusting Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd to help them to follow Him by laying aside every weight & sin so they can be received by the Bridegroom as a vessel unto honor in His House to attend the Marriage Supper when He comes.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

If they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God has raised them from the dead, they are saved whether they believe the end result of His words or not.

It is unfortunate that they believe the Catholic Church and sacraments are necessary for salvation, which is why I apply Hebrews 4th chapter to how they are laboring in unbelief and coming short of that rest even though they are saved.

They may find to their joy that there is no purgatory, when they are absent from the body in seeing that they are present with the Lord in Heaven, however it will be to their dismay when they find out that they cannot attend the Marriage Supper as one of the firstfruits of the resurrection when He returns to make an appearance as the Bridegroom to earth. They shall find themselves under the altar awaiting their glorified terrestrial inheritance when He returns to earth as the King of kings.

So the call to depart from iniquity is still being given out to Catholics to cease being Catholics and cease doing the works of catholicism within so that their brothers and sisters in the Catholic Church can see the original & genuine faith in Jesus Christ that they are saved when they had first believed, and that running that race is about trusting Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd to help them to follow Him by laying aside every weight & sin so they can be received by the Bridegroom as a vessel unto honor in His House to attend the Marriage Supper when He comes.
What are the works of Catholicism?
Is going to confession a work?
They DO believe that sacraments have something to do with salvation in that they impart grace.

The ones that are saved are doing their best to follow Jesus; I see it in their lives.
I also don't see the reason why they should leave their church...which would not be easy to do here anyway --- All churches are Catholic (never say ALL but Protestant churches are few and far between) and the ones that DO leave become JW's !

I do believe one could be a disciple of Christ in any church.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the works of Catholicism?
Is going to confession a work?
They DO believe that sacraments have something to do with salvation in that they impart grace.

You can't do any work to earn grace, otherwise, grace is no longer grace. Paul said so.

Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

So the good works Jesus wants us to do cannot be works that imparts grace or earn grace which proves why the works of catholicism has to be dropped because it denies grace for what it is & denies the grace given us at our salvation when we had first believed in Him.

The ones that are saved are doing their best to follow Jesus; I see it in their lives.

I used to live that way in keeping my commitment to make Jesus Lord of my life until He set me free from it and from doing the best I can to resting in Him all the time for the help I need for following Him. So I do not look to denomination title nor how serious the believers is about following Him, but rather their faith, hope, confidence, and trust being solely on Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd that He will help them to follow Him.

I also don't see the reason why they should leave their church...which would not be easy to do here anyway --- All churches are Catholic (never say ALL but Protestant churches are few and far between) and the ones that DO leave become JW's !

Would you believe that my former Protestant Church was supporting a missionary couple to Italy to be street missionaries to get Catholics back to attending the Catholic Church? I felt like we were sending a couple to vacation in Italy.... like we were scammed!

Anyway... I believe God the Father is calling Catholics to leave the assembly to come to Him through Jesus Christ in all things. As bad as it is i these latter days, even if there were some Protestant churches around, I would not point the Catholics to go to them, but to Jesus in coming to the Father.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

The problem with Catholics that believed they are saved but yet still attending the Catholic Church, and still doing the works of catholicism, other Catholics don't believe they are saved yet and they see being a member of the catholic Church and doing the works of catholicism is the means within that "church " to obtain salvation by.

So when Catholics that believed they are saved, but still do the things that other Catholics are doing which they are doing it for the purpose to obtain salvation by as remaining a member of the Catholic Church is a part of it, they may hear Catholics say that they believed they are saved, but they do not see their faith in Jesus Christ that they are saved as it will look like to them that you are still doing what they are doing just in case you are wrong.

It's like say...if you say you do not have to keep the sabbath day for your salvation, but if you keep having fellowship with sabbath day keepers on the sabbath, how can they see your faith in Jesus Christ that you are saved without keeping the sabbath?

So they may believe you but by the practice of catholicism, that faith in Him that you are saved does not reassure them to believe they are saved if you do the things they do when they are doing it because they believe they are not saved yet.

I do believe one could be a disciple of Christ in any church.

When Jesus addresses each of the 7 churches in the Book of Revelation, where five was called to repent or else, that is not a good rule for you to go by.

More than likely, they will be seen as a disciple of the church they are attending in representing the church rather than the faith in Jesus Christ.

Protestant churches are in trouble. They are not in the free and clear. That is why Jesus is warning every believer to be ready by Him or else. No one should be relying on their church to have them ready when they are busy making church members identify with what their church represents.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are already attending the marriage supper. And we will rejoice when you join us, in this world or the next..

Peace!

You are not having that wedding feast of the Lamb yet until you are with Him in His House. Jesus said this so you know communion is not that feast.

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

That was at the last supper.

Here is His promised mentioned earlier before that time for which He was talking about when we will drink of the cup with Him.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

So communion is not that wedding feast of the Lamb.

And the Mass is an offense to God for making His one time sacrifice for sins present again to be received again as if the first time was not good enough that His blood is on par with the blood of goats and bulls. That you guys believed you need receiving that one time sacrifice for sin again is what going to cost you your seat at the Supper table in Heaven unless you repent and leave the Catholic Church in living that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ; not through the Catholic Church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Charity is kind" and kindness is not displayed through insult or ridicule, is it not?
Telling somebody that they are blaming everybody but themselves for what they did wrong is not "ridicule". It's honesty.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Catholic Church teaches at sacraments are ESSENTIAL for salvation. Yes and that they impart grace.

But Scripture says: Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no "anti-Catholics" here - only those who are "anti-Catholic doctrine" - BIG difference...
Then you didn't read my post.
There are INDEED anti-Catholics here.

An anti-Catholic is a person who LIES about what Catholics believe in and teach - and MANY here do that . . .
We "worship" Mary.
We "worship" idols.
We "worship" the saints in Heaven.
We don't believe we are saved by the finished work of Christ on the cross.
"Millions" of people were "murdered" during the Inquisitions.
The Catholic Church was started by Constantine in the 4th century and he was the first Pope
And this idiotic list goes on . . .

Don't
tell me there are "no anti-Catholics" here until you can point me to a thread about Catholicism that doesn't contain this manure . . .

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church teaches at sacraments are ESSENTIAL for salvation. Yes and that they impart grace.

But Scripture says: Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.
And the Bible explains that to "Believe" on the Lord Jesus Christ is to OBEY Him . . .
- Being Baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Eating and drinking His Body and Blood (John 6:22-71)
- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)
- Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)
- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)
- Doing the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)
- Suffering with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purgatory thing was quite the profitable doctrine for them. Someone once told me why we protestants do not have as many books as the Catholics...all I remember is one thing and no haven't even looked into it bu, he said it's because in either one or more of those extra books, there is scripture that would support the doctrine of purgatory.
Actually - this is false.
There are Seven more books in the Catholic Bible because Protestants threw out those Books.

When Jesus was alive, there there were 46 Books in the Old Testament. It wasn't until LONG after He returned to Heaven - and AFTER the destruction of the Temple by the Romans that Jewish Rabbis removed 7 Books from their OPEN Canon of Scripture - and portions of Daniel and Esther.

To further divorce themselves from the Catholic Church 1500 years later, your Protestant Fathers chose to accept their POST-Christ, POST-Temple Canon instead of the one that Jesus and the Apostles studied from.

In other words - YOU guys picked the wrong team.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's not the "stepping stones" to which I was referring - but to the outright lies that Grams spewing and the finger-pointing that should be directed at herself.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They likely felt the need to leave the Catholic church for the same reason that so many did during the Protestant Reformation: they turned away from man-centered religion toward Christ centered religion.
Whatever the reason for leaving - blaming the Catholic Church because YOU don't read the Bible is cop-out.
There is more Scripture read during a Catholic Mass than at ANY Protestant service I have ever attended - and I've been to quite a few. 9 of my 12 siblings are Protestant.

As for being a "man-centered" religion - there is nothing more "man-centered" than following the teachings of a man like Luther or Calvin or Zwingili or Smythe or any of the others rather than those of Jesus Christ who is GOD.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"" YOU were not there ! " YES it was as I posted..."""""

I am a Christian, and would not lie about some thing like this..
On the other hand you are speaking nasty......... to me all the time.'

I am telling the truth......... and would not lie.........
I am wondering about all these years of all the people that were there..........
It is to late now for them........
First of all - you HAVE lied about this when you say that you "never" read the Bible as a Catholic. There is more Bible in each Mass than there is at ANY Protestant service.

Secondly - you blame the Church for your not reading the bible outside of Church.
That is YOUR laziness - NOT the Church's. My 91-year-old mother and her father were avid Bible readers their entire lives.

Blame yourself if you didn't know God's Word.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. Slap this on your church's message board, and just watch the scores of people lining up to go inside. Yeah.... nope. Just saying tact is very improtant.

I mean, Im clearly Protestant, look at my prof. Pic, but still.... not very uplifting.... at all
Sooooooo, lying about the Catholic Church and blaming it for YOUR spiritual laziness is the "right" thing to do - but telling somebody that this is wrong is "tactless"??

That's a pretty perverse view . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't read hate in @Rollo Tamasi 's replies. He's just answering to your posts which ARE, if we want to be honest, not very loving. We've spoken about this before and I'm not going to change you. Can't you just CORRECT what is being said wrongly, instead of insulting people?
Sooooo, Rollo's constant disrespect of the Eucharist is "just answering" my posts??
His flat-out lies about what the Church teaches and believes in are "just answering" my posts?

Maybe you should re-read some of his posts - then re-think yours . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, BoL, it's not a lie.
Why are Masses said for dead people?
Why are these Masses paid for?

Let's be honest ---
You can't pray for those in hell --- there's no hope for them.
You can't pray for those in heaven --- there's no need.

You pray for people in purgatory so they could get out faster.
What's true is true.

It IS like paying to get out of purgatory.
That is a load of anti-Catholic manure.

First of all - you don't HAVE to pay for a mass to be said for anybody. A donation is requested but is NEVER mandatory. For that matter - donations are requested at EVERY Sunday mass and MOST Protestant services that I've been to.

Finally - NOBODY is ever asked to pay money to get somebody out of Purgatory.
To even imply this is a LIE for which you shouid be ashamed.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is a wonderful parable here that speaks to the situation...one about a speak and a plank...You speak of a sister's "short-comings" for sharing her testimony...her life story.
Why should anyone, of any denomination, speak negatively over a sister who found joy in Christ? The Catholic Church is Christian, correct? Protestants are Christian, correct? And while there are certainly differences that see us choosing one above another in how we understand scripture, our faith and doctrines, we believe in one God and worship one Christ.
I think it is distressing that such vitriol should be displayed against each other, simply because of denomination. Where is the edification of the Church in this? Where is the building up of the family of faith? Jesus cannot be happy with the things that are being said on this thread...from either side...
It matters not how much biblical truth we think stands behind us...if we're being jerks, that's all anyone will see, and that's what we portray for Christ.
So...charity? In your own mind, perhaps. But I doubt anyone saw or heard it that way.
You might want to work on that. Also; your compulsive highlighting, I think your trying to get emphasis into your message, but to be honest, it looks like type tourettes. It's very hard to follow.
And when did I ever speak "negatively" about anybody for finding joy in Christ??

I simply told Grams that she has nobody to blame but herself for her spiritual laziness in not reading Scripture for herself. There is PLENTY of Scripture to be read at each Mass. Reading Scripture on your own is YOUR responsibility.

I am sick to death of people whining about their church - whatever church that may be - for their shortcomings. It's as pointless as blaming your boss because YOU don't make enough money.