If We Protestants Truly Hated Catholics...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Breadman
You are living proof of what is wrong with romanists.
you make your own job soooooooooooooo easy for people to see right through you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Breadman
You are living proof of what is wrong with romanists.
you make your own job soooooooooooooo easy for people to see right through you.
Like I said earlier - thanks for proving my point.
Idiotic posts like yours are precisely why this thread was created . . .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can speak for her parents a 100 years ago?
It's the garbage coming out of the romanists that created the whole problem.
Or do you think they were holy taking what little money they had to help them get out of purgatory/
Oh, by the way, You have your user name listed as BreadofLife.
You spelled it wrong.
It's really "Breadman".

The purgatory thing was quite the profitable doctrine for them. Someone once told me why we protestants do not have as many books as the Catholics...all I remember is one thing and no haven't even looked into it bu, he said it's because in either one or more of those extra books, there is scripture that would support the doctrine of purgatory.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purgatory thing was quite the profitable doctrine for them. Someone once told me why we protestants do not have as many books as the Catholics...all I remember is one thing and no haven't even looked into it bu, he said it's because in either one or more of those extra books, there is scripture that would support the doctrine of purgatory.
not really
they only think so
what really supports purgatory is that they believe they are going there, unless they miss the boat and end up in limbo.....

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not really
they only think so
what really supports purgatory is that they believe they are going there, unless they miss the boat and end up in limbo.....

I thought "limbo" was just another name for purgatory...

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your response here is an attack on protestants.
That does nothing to promote the catholic church. You should try a different approach.
Soooo asking questions is an attack now? How many "attacks" have you committed today???;)

Besides your obvious lack of ability to answer my very simple questions (which weren't even directed to you but you decided to troll me) you also are a bit of a hypocrite based on your history of continuous attacks on The Church.

Would you like to even TRY to answer the questions or just keep attacking me??

Mary

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The church are the people of God.

Indeed, and it was established and growing before 1 letter of the NT was penned.

No man has the authority to take our notes and use them to establish his own church. That they do so without authority leads to the splintering and confusion you see in the children of the reformation.
Rebellion is never the answer...

Peace!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, and it was established and growing before 1 letter of the NT was penned.

No man has the authority to take our notes and use them to establish his own church. That they do so without authority leads to the splintering and confusion you see in the children of the reformation.
Rebellion is never the answer...

Peace!
authority
catholics have no authority
homosexual popes, sending children out to do crusades, inquisition, and the lies they still tell, being it's own country, it's own monetary unit, it's own military, there is nothing Christian about the organization
yes, there are Christians within the organization, but they need to get out

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
authority
homosexual popes, sending children out to do crusades, inquisition, and the lies they still tell, being it's own country, it's own monetary unit, it's own military, there is nothing Christian about the organization

I would change the word Homosexual to pedophile...

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Every valid bishop has authority whether you recognize it or not.

They will be called to a higher account because of this...

If Rome is your stumbling block then you should be Orthodox...

Peace!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
authority

Concerning one of the richest institutions, Vatican/RCC...I wonder what happened to the vow of poverty. Or is that only an option for some of them?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do you always talk about hate?
Is there no love in you?

The thing is Rollo @BreadOfLife is correct in his definition in his post #14

On this forum ( let alone the world at large) there are both protestants the get on with their life with Jesus...and don't hold to most of what the Catholic believe....( and often they don't hold to what many other Protestant denominations believe either!!!....) and then there are the aggressive anti-Catholic protestants . ( of which there are many of the Site)
They don't miss any change that they can get to shoot down and snipe at the Catholics ...
Any Christian who delights in trying to bring down and deride a Christian brother is a blight on Christianity as a whole.

So, for me...BOLS post #14 is true.

(I know that you yourself enjoy arguing with him..and at heart you like him..
hey, he was in your top five in your "ratings thread" and I got dumped to the bottom. LO L )

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying the Holy Spirit interprets Scriptire differently for YOU than for your brethren over the last 2000 years?

The tradition of the apostles provides the correct lens through which the Spirit guides us...

It is the Church that brought forth and affirmed what was NT scripture, scripture did not bring forth the Church.

Peace!
I'm saying the carnal mind is incapable of understanding Scripture and the believer is granted grace by the Holy Spirit to understand the things of God which He has revealed to "men of low estate". To say that the church is responsible for bringing forth Scripture is like saying evolution is responsible for bringing forth DNA; both statements presumptuously ignore the true cause - the mind of God.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Are you suggesting the Catholic Church doesn’t “hold the authority of Scripture as paramount...”?

How did the men of the Catholic Church (singular) interpret Scripture wrong and the men of the Protestant Churches (plural) interpret scripture correctly? Was it the same Holy Spirit guiding them or different ones? Why do the men of the Protestant Churches all disagree with each other interpretations if they are all being guided by the Holy Spirit???

Curious Mary
Yes, the Catholic church has stated that "Scripture AND tradition" are equally authoritative, and when the one contradicts the other, "the holy Scriptures must be thrown aside".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because you and your husband were ignorant Catholics and raised ignorant Catholic Children who felt the need to go elsewhere because of you lack of spiritual leadership.

Stop blaming the Church for your ignorance and spiritual laziness . . .
They likely felt the need to leave the Catholic church for the same reason that so many did during the Protestant Reformation: they turned away from man-centered religion toward Christ centered religion.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the Catholic church has stated that "Scripture AND tradition" are equally authoritative, and when the one contradicts the other, "the holy Scriptures must be thrown aside".

default_hmm.gif
Really??? There is a text that actually states this??? I don't pay that much attention to Catholic doctrine.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that Catholics as a whole believe that Protestant "hate" us.
It's only the "anti-Catholic" variety of Protestants who do - and there are PLENTY of them on this forum

What is the difference between a Protestant and an anti-Catholic Protestant??
A Protestant Christian is one who practices his Christian faith apart from the Catholic Church and doesn't agree with some Catholic doctrine.

An anti-Catholic Protestant is one who practices his faith apart from the Catholic Church - but also feels the need to LIE about what the Catholic Church teaches. They propagate myths and fairy tales about Catholics and are usually historical revisionists.

BIG difference . . .
There are no "anti-Catholics" here - only those who are "anti-Catholic doctrine" - BIG difference...

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary - my advice to Grams was out of pure charity.
Blaming others for HER failures and shortcomings is what is "cruel" - and sinful . . .
"Charity is kind" and kindness is not displayed through insult or ridicule, is it not?

Reactions: GodsGrace

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To say that the church is responsible for bringing forth Scripture is like saying evolution is responsible for bringing forth DNA; both statements presumptuously ignore the true cause - the mind of God.

It was the mind of God to establish HIS church and to give it HIS authority ... Scriptire testifies to this.
How can we have HIS authority? Because we are united to HIM!
You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!!

Pax!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
default_hmm.gif
Really??? There is a text that actually states this??? I don't pay that much attention to Catholic doctrine.
Yes, according to their writings. Even the great John Foxe, who wrote his "Book of Martyrs" said to William Tyndale when Foxe was yet still a staunch Catholic apologist and Papal loyalist, "We would be better to be without God's law than the pope's law", to which a righteously indignant Tyndale famously replied, "I defy the pope and all his laws...if God spare my life ere these many years, I will cause a boy that driveth the plough to know more of the Scriptures than thou doest".