If We Protestants Truly Hated Catholics...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was the mind of God to establish HIS church and to give it HIS authority ... Scriptire testifies to this.
How can we have HIS authority? Because we are united to HIM!
You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!!

Pax!
God's church was, is, and always will be those who are obedient to His commandments, not the commandments of men. It is the Antichrist who Daniel said "would think to change times and laws".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed.. And that includes being obedient to those He sets as our overseers...

Pax!
Paul said to others to "follow me as I follow Christ", so that excludes any church leadership that teaches anything contrary to the teachings of Christ and His commandments. Any church that feels it can remove the 2nd commandment of Christ which forbids image worship, change the 4th commandment from the 7th day of the week to the 1st day of the week, or claim that it's OK to steal from those who have abundance to provide to others which are in lack (Papal Encyclical "Rerum Novarum") is simply not teaching according to Jesus' commandments which He wrote with His own finger in stone, is it not?

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On the contrary - my advice to Grams was out of pure charity.
Blaming others for HER failures and shortcomings is what is "cruel" - and sinful . . .

I believe there is a wonderful parable here that speaks to the situation...one about a speak and a plank...You speak of a sister's "short-comings" for sharing her testimony...her life story.
Why should anyone, of any denomination, speak negatively over a sister who found joy in Christ? The Catholic Church is Christian, correct? Protestants are Christian, correct? And while there are certainly differences that see us choosing one above another in how we understand scripture, our faith and doctrines, we believe in one God and worship one Christ.
I think it is distressing that such vitriol should be displayed against each other, simply because of denomination. Where is the edification of the Church in this? Where is the building up of the family of faith? Jesus cannot be happy with the things that are being said on this thread...from either side...
It matters not how much biblical truth we think stands behind us...if we're being jerks, that's all anyone will see, and that's what we portray for Christ.
So...charity? In your own mind, perhaps. But I doubt anyone saw or heard it that way.
You might want to work on that. Also; your compulsive highlighting, I think your trying to get emphasis into your message, but to be honest, it looks like type tourettes. It's very hard to follow.

Reactions: Nancy and GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I believe there is a wonderful parable here that speaks to the situation...one about a speak and a plank...You speak of a sister's "short-comings" for sharing her testimony...her life story.
Why should anyone, of any denomination, speak negatively over a sister who found joy in Christ? The Catholic Church is Christian, correct? Protestants are Christian, correct? And while there are certainly differences that see us choosing one above another in how we understand scripture, our faith and doctrines, we believe in one God and worship one Christ.
I think it is distressing that such vitriol should be displayed against each other, simply because of denomination. Where is the edification of the Church in this? Where is the building up of the family of faith? Jesus cannot be happy with the things that are being said on this thread...from either side...
It matters not how much biblical truth we think stands behind us...if we're being jerks, that's all anyone will see, and that's what we portray for Christ.
So...charity? In your own mind, perhaps. But I doubt anyone saw or heard it that way.
You might want to work on that. Also; your compulsive highlighting, I think your trying to get emphasis into your message, but to be honest, it looks like type tourettes. It's very hard to follow.
Agree 100%
Great post N.

I've tried to tell @BreadOfLife these same ideas but he's too bent on correcting at all costs...

Sad thing is that he's right on all things Catholic. A little softer tone would be nice. Maybe he's just tired of being accused of so much falsehood??
I mean the CC.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Paul said to others to "follow me as I follow Christ", so that excludes any church leadership that teaches anything contrary to the teachings of Christ and His commandments. Any church that feels it can remove the 2nd commandment of Christ which forbids image worship, change the 4th commandment from the 7th day of the week to the 1st day of the week, or claim that it's OK to steal from those who have abundance to provide to others which are in lack (Papal Encyclical "Rerum Novarum") is simply not teaching according to Jesus' commandments which He wrote with His own finger in stone, is it not?
You know of a church that worships images??
Which is it for goodness sakes!!

I'd like you to know that most of Christianity worships on Sunday.
This could be changed back to Saturday, but apparently, most believe Jesus changed this day by being resurrected on Sunday, The Lord's Day, and the Apostles gathered on the FIRST day of the week. Which is Sunday.
Acts 20:7
John 20:19

Taking from the rich and giving to the poor.
I do believe Jesus taught this. Didn't the Apostles sell what they had so they could minister?
What is tithing all about?
To say nothing of what liberals believe!
Mathew 25:40

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the Catholic church has stated that "Scripture AND tradition" are equally authoritative, and when the one contradicts the other, "the holy Scriptures must be thrown aside".
I can’t find any document where the CC teaches that Holy Scripture is above tradition. Can you provide a link???

You avoided my other question. Why do you believe the men of the CC misinterpret scripture but the men of Protestant Churches properly interpret scripture?

Curious Mary

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The purgatory thing was quite the profitable doctrine for them. Someone once told me why we protestants do not have as many books as the Catholics...all I remember is one thing and no haven't even looked into it bu, he said it's because in either one or more of those extra books, there is scripture that would support the doctrine of purgatory.
Nancy, I'm not sure about purgatory, but the deuderocanonical catholic books, like Macabees, for instance, show that the dead can be prayed to.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well ! I was brought up Catholic ! And stayed that way till my 50's.....

When our children tried different church's

I must tell you all the time I felt like if I was not going to confession regular I was
going to hell.......... And I had always felt like I would be going to hell.

We were never told to get or use a bible........ It was our prayer book and rosary only.
[ As I talk to Catholic people now it sounds like it is way different! I pray it is ]

After our children got us to go to a bible church I and my husband got saved...
And he is in heaven all ready...... and I sure want to go and join him now !
You're right Grams. I remember this too. If we just did everything right, we'd go to heaven.

Of course, the priests believed in Jesus but they felt it was too difficult to explain, maybe. This denied us a beautiful relationship with Jesus AND the POWER to overcome sin, which is why confession was necessary -- the power to combat sin was not present. They spoke of the Holy Ghost, but never explained any of it.

I do want to say, however, that God always knows a person's heart and those who were following these rules are indeed in heaven; even if they did not know about the salvation through Jesus.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Your response here is an attack on protestants.
That does nothing to promote the catholic church.
You should try a different approach.
@Marymog is asking good questions.
If there is only ONE Holy Spirit, WHY are there so many different beliefs withing the same Christianity? This is a valid question.

Also, I'd like to ask you...
What came first: The church or the scriptures? (I mean the N.T.).

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That's because you and your husband were ignorant Catholics and raised ignorant Catholic Children who felt the need to go elsewhere because of you lack of spiritual leadership.

Stop blaming the Church for your ignorance and spiritual laziness . . .
This is not right BoL.
It's the CHURCH's responsibility to inform their congregation.
The CC is still doing this today...
Many spend an hour at Mass and learn NOTHING!
This is wrong. It should not be up to me to search all over for a bible study class where I could learn something. The CHURCH should supply me with all the information I need to know my faith.

Only now is the church beginning to understand (the CC) its mistake in not teaching the bible. And why did they not? Because they were afraid NORMAL persons would not understand it so they opted to just be obeyed.

Wrong.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Probably because of hateful and moronic posts like yours.

Hate exists and it's pretty immature and dishonest to pretend that it doesn't - especially when it's people like YOU who are spreading it . . .
I don't read hate in @Rollo Tamasi 's replies. He's just answering to your posts which ARE, if we want to be honest, not very loving. We've spoken about this before and I'm not going to change you. Can't you just CORRECT what is being said wrongly, instead of insulting people?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Thanks for once again proving my point Rollo.
The terms "garbage" and "Romanists" show a deep contempt and hatred for the Catholic Church.

As for your idiotic comment about paying to get out of Purgatory - that is one of the moronic "Lies" I was referring to that anti-Catholics make on a regular basis.

Congratulations on exposing yourself.
You make my job her soooooooo easy . . .
Actually, BoL, it's not a lie.
Why are Masses said for dead people?
Why are these Masses paid for?

Let's be honest ---
You can't pray for those in hell --- there's no hope for them.
You can't pray for those in heaven --- there's no need.

You pray for people in purgatory so they could get out faster.
What's true is true.

It IS like paying to get out of purgatory.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because you and your husband were ignorant Catholics and raised ignorant Catholic Children who felt the need to go elsewhere because of you lack of spiritual leadership.

Wow. Slap this on your church's message board, and just watch the scores of people lining up to go inside. Yeah.... nope. Just saying tact is very improtant.

I mean, Im clearly Protestant, look at my prof. Pic, but still.... not very uplifting.... at all

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I thought "limbo" was just another name for purgatory...
There never was such a place as limbo.
It was supposed to be for babies that died and were not baptized.
This was not, however, an official church teaching...some started this idea and the church just let it ride.

This is also wrong...the po' ignorant folk should have been corrected immediately.
It was easier just to let the limbo idea drag on till recently when it was denied.
Now the CC says that babies that are not baptized must be entrusted to a loving God. IOW, they hate to just come out and say it, but I've heard priests say they go straight to h eaven - which was always the case until Mr. Augustine came along with his original sin idea.

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Every valid bishop has authority whether you recognize it or not.

They will be called to a higher account because of this...

If Rome is your stumbling block then you should be Orthodox...

Peace!
Not all bishops are good bishops.
And, yes, they will be called to a higher account.
James 3:1

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I'm saying the carnal mind is incapable of understanding Scripture and the believer is granted grace by the Holy Spirit to understand the things of God which He has revealed to "men of low estate". To say that the church is responsible for bringing forth Scripture is like saying evolution is responsible for bringing forth DNA; both statements presumptuously ignore the true cause - the mind of God.
This has always bothered me...

So how come we don't all believe the same?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes, according to their writings. Even the great John Foxe, who wrote his "Book of Martyrs" said to William Tyndale when Foxe was yet still a staunch Catholic apologist and Papal loyalist, "We would be better to be without God's law than the pope's law", to which a righteously indignant Tyndale famously replied, "I defy the pope and all his laws...if God spare my life ere these many years, I will cause a boy that driveth the plough to know more of the Scriptures than thou doest".
Yes, P
But that's a PESONAL opinion, not a church teaching.
I've never heard that the bible is thrown out in favor of tradition.
Tradition comes forth from the bible.
Do you have a source?? It would be news to me.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I could not agree more. As my mom used to say-you catch more flies with honey than vinegar!
Some people on here seem to have been baptized in lemon juice! lol

Reactions: Naomi25

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"" YOU were not there ! " YES it was as I posted..."""""

I am a Christian, and would not lie about some thing like this..
On the other hand you are speaking nasty......... to me all the time.'

I am telling the truth......... and would not lie.........
I am wondering about all these years of all the people that were there..........
It is to late now for them........