Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a simple question .How can any Christian support that nation state when they don't believe in Christ ?
I'm thinking because once the Jews accept Christ as their Messiah, they will be saved and the scriptures will be fulfilled, they are the Chosen people.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I'm thinking because once the Jews accept Christ as their Messiah, they will be saved and the scriptures will be fulfilled, they are the Chosen people.

So what would you have us do with the below scriptures

John 14:6 ESV / 625 helpful votes
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Acts 4:12 ESV / 438 helpful votes
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

1 Timothy 2:5 ESV / 268 helpful votes
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

John 3:16 ESV / 236 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 10:9 ESV / 198 helpful votes
I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.

Romans 10:9 ESV / 183 helpful votes
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

John 3:36 ESV / 177 helpful votes
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

John 1:14 ESV / 136 helpful votes
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:1 ESV / 116 helpful votes
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 3:18 ESV / 115 helpful votes
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

John 8:24 ESV / 104 helpful votes
I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

Romans 6:23 ESV / 96 helpful votes
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Yes, anybody who accepts Christ will be saved , however as of now that Nation State does not believe in Christ .How can you ,as a Christian support a nation that does not ?

Reactions: JohnPaul

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All free nations ,as compared to ,let's say China Russia

Oh I understand, you mean all those nations where to quote the bible is hate speach, where the idea of Christian morality is rejected by society and other faith have a high value in the eyes of the media.
You know in just about every country in the west.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what would you have us do with the below scriptures

John 14:6 ESV / 625 helpful votes
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Acts 4:12 ESV / 438 helpful votes
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

1 Timothy 2:5 ESV / 268 helpful votes
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

John 3:16 ESV / 236 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 10:9 ESV / 198 helpful votes
I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.

Romans 10:9 ESV / 183 helpful votes
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

John 3:36 ESV / 177 helpful votes
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

John 1:14 ESV / 136 helpful votes
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:1 ESV / 116 helpful votes
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 3:18 ESV / 115 helpful votes
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

John 8:24 ESV / 104 helpful votes
I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

Romans 6:23 ESV / 96 helpful votes
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Yes, anybody who accepts Christ will be saved , however as of now that Nation State does not believe in Christ .How can you ,as a Christian support a nation that does not ?
Beautiful, you just uplifted my spirits reading all these verses from the Bible.

My post was just a thought, perhaps maybe Israel is supported because if we and other countries didn't they'd be obliterated by their surrounding enemies.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are still God's chosen people, whether they currently believe in Christ or not. Paul teaches in no uncertain terms in Rom. 11 that God has left them in their unbelief so they can eventually be saved and that it was done for the Gentiles' sake. When the time comes in God's schedule for them to believe, at least most of them will finally accept the fact that Jesus was the Messiah they were waiting for.
All free nations ,as compared to ,let's say China Russia
There isn't a single nation on this planet that practices the same brand of Christianity as the 1st century Church did. Not 1. When Rev. 12:9 says Satan is actively deceiving the whole world, that includes the nations that genuinely believe they are Christian. A deeper look at those "Christian" nations reveals that they are usually among the most corrupt countries and exporters of immorality on the planet. That is especially true for the mostly Catholic and Protestant countries.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They are still God's chosen people, whether they currently believe in Christ or not. Paul teaches in no uncertain terms in Rom. 11 that God has left them in their unbelief so they can eventually be saved and that it was done for the Gentiles' sake. When the time comes in God's schedule for them to believe, at least most of them will finally accept the fact that Jesus was the Messiah they were waiting for.
There isn't a single nation on this planet that practices the same brand of Christianity as the 1st century Church did. Not 1. When Rev. 12:9 says Satan is actively deceiving the whole world, that includes the nations that genuinely believe they are Christian. A deeper look at those "Christian" nations reveals that they are usually among the most corrupt countries and exporters of immorality on the planet. That is especially true for the mostly Catholic and Protestant countries.
Fact is who is Gods Chosen people ? one must be truly born again to be worthy of God.
Now what Jews were worthy in the OT ? not many were they, what was the % ? so 99% were not worthy of God until Christ Jesus came and then look we have the same thing only a small % who had faith in him and then it was not until Jesus went to Heaven that Them Jews were worthy of God, the rest were not, as they were lead astray by this world of religious fools following along with mans works.

Fact is that only a small % of Christians are truly worthy of Christ Jesus. look at all the queer Priest for a start and they can not even enter the Kingdom of God, the Bible points that out clearly.
All Religions are a business first and foremost in fact.

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
(Romans 11:12)

And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

(Romans 11:23-24)

I think a good summary as to why we should support the Israeli people lies in Romans 11. Also, I think a distinction needs to be made between supporting the Israeli people and supporting the "nation state" of Israel...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a simple question .How can any Christian support that nation state when they don't believe in Christ ?

Pray, faith, hope, and love.

There are many out there who are lost and sick.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Because I support the work of God. Ever hear of
View attachment 17990?

Yes I support His work as well

Yet you all , most preachers condemning a women's right for abortion ,where is the up cry on that nation state of Israel that allows it.
Just one example ,never mind the fact of to whom they are building that temple for ,and I can promise you ,it ain't for my God!!!!!

So what you saying put up with anything and just pray for everything

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes I support His work as well

Yet you all , most preachers condemning a women's right for abortion ,where is the up cry on that nation state of Israel that allows it.
Just one example ,never mind the fact of to whom they are building that temple for ,and I can promise you ,it ain't for my God!!!!!

So what you saying put up with anything and just pray for everything
Like Canada, I support the country, but obviously not everything that goes on there. I'm of Hebrew descent.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Like Canada, I support the country, but obviously not everything that goes on there. I'm of Hebrew descent.

Therein lies my point ,it doesn't matter of what descent one came from ,even if you can trace your bloodline all the way back to Seth ,if you don't believe in Christ it doesn't matter ,you are and will be cut off from that Tree , period !!

What most seem to think is that the Jew's will see Christ at His return and believe ,not! ,it don't work that way

Fact remains, God divorced Israel, and the only way back is through Christ !

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Therein lies my point ,it doesn't matter of what descent one came from ,even if you can trace your bloodline all the way back to Seth ,if you don't believe in Christ it doesn't matter ,you are and will be cut off from that Tree , period !!

What most seem to think is that the Jew's will see Christ at His return and believe ,not! ,it don't work that way

Fact remains, God divorced Israel, and the only way back is through Christ !
To tell you who I am, this is part of a song I wrote, from my heart.
"I am what I am, a child of the great I Am,
By the blood of the Lamb, the Lamb who was slain.
I'm precious in His sight, the apple of His eye
I am fearfully and wonderfully made!"
I accepted Christ after I first heard John 3:16
I love Jesus, I love Canada, I love Israel and the Jewish people, and I love you, too!

Reactions: n2thelight