John 3:16-21 interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 3:16-21

Jesus in heaven so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son on a cross to be the sacrifice for sins, that whosoever believeth that he is Jesus should not perish in the day of judgement, but have everlasting life.

Because Jesus sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that eternal life has come into the world, and men loved death rather than life, because their works were of man.

Because every one that doeth the works of man hateth the life, neither cometh to the life, or else his works should be corrected.

But he that believes that Jesus is the Christ comes to the life to be baptized, that his works may be made seen, that they are worked in Christ.

As it is written, and many that believed came, and confessed, and showed their works in Christ.

And again, let your life so shine before men that they may see the works of Christ and praise Jesus which is in heaven.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Jesus in heaven so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son on a cross to be the sacrifice for sins, that whosoever believeth that he is Jesus should not perish in the day of judgement, but have everlasting life.

Because Jesus sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that eternal life has come into the world, and men loved death rather than life, because their works were of man.

Because every one that doeth the works of man hateth the life, neither cometh to the life, or else his works should be corrected.

But he that believes that Jesus is the Christ comes to the life to be baptized, that his works may be made seen, that they are worked in Christ.

As it is written, and many that believed came, and confessed, and showed their works in Christ.

And again, let your life so shine before men that they may see the works of Christ and praise Jesus which is in heaven.
Hi; the style of this passage reminds me a bit of the Amplified Bible...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus in heaven so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son
Did you mean the Father in Heaven? Jesus cannot be His own Son, and the Father cannot be the Son, neither the Son the Father. You seem to be seriously confused about fundamentals.

Reactions: Stan B

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Thank you for a demonstration that only the trinity makes sense of this passage.
Jesus being in heaven could not also be on earth and being in heaven could not send himself.
Onlt God the Father in heaven could send God the Son to be Jesus the God/Man on earth.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for a demonstration that only the trinity makes sense of this passage.
Jesus being in heaven could not also be on earth and being in heaven could not send himself.
Onlt God the Father in heaven could send God the Son to be Jesus the God/Man on earth.

John 3:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 14:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

I don't understand how it's a hard thing to understand that Jesus was in heaven in the spirit of God while he was on Earth in the flesh: the son of God. The scriptures even say that of believers. Jesus did the Commandments that you read in John 3 verse 23. He walked by faith and love. Believing his Spirit was in heaven in the spirit of God and in the Son of God on Earth, which the devil tried to get him to doubt. And he did the Commandments which which he spoke: which is loving your brother.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 3:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 14:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

I don't understand how it's a hard thing to understand that Jesus was in heaven in the spirit of God while he was on Earth in the flesh: the son of God. The scriptures even say that of believers. Jesus did the Commandments that you read in John 3 verse 23. He walked by faith and love. Believing his Spirit was in heaven in the spirit of God and in the Son of God on Earth, which the devil tried to get him to doubt. And he did the Commandments which which he spoke: which is loving your brother.

It always helps to read the bible in english. John3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man
Sorry does not support your arguement.
Also if Jesus spirit was not with him, how could he pass his spirit to God the Father when he died.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus is the Son. God the Father is His Father. This reeks of Modalism.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Matthew 3:16-17 says:

And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased."

God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit are clearly three distinct persons. Three distinct persons in one Godhead.

Reactions: SovereignGrace