KJV Only...which one!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actual "Mormon" here, clarifying what's believed:
There's one 1 God. 1 way, truth, light, etc. I am a monotheist. The Father, Son, and Spirit are 3 different persons in that 1 God, like Trinitarians also believe.
And a person should come to know study, prayer, and God Spirit witnessing to you. Do not put a man or traditions first. God is King.
Interesting, so you do Disagree with Joseph Smith and mormon handbook?:

upload_2022-2-24_17-18-53.png

GRACE And Peace...

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(This is getting to a big de-rail, but heh this thread is already de-railed from the OP).
A disciple of God becomes one with Him-- that's the entire point of Christ's atonement! See John 17. We never replace Him, but rather become white as snow & join Him. His atonement covers all will have faith in Him, regardless of when or where their mortal lives took place.

Abiding with God is not the same as being God. Nowhere does the Bible say we will become God. That's an addition to the Bible that simply does not exist.

You said:
I literally just corrected this statement.

We know what Mormons believe unless you are seeking to create schism or sect that departs from traditional Mormonism.
Mormons believe in multiple gods. They don't see the Trinity as one God, but they see the Trinity as three separate gods. This is polytheism and not monotheism. JW's believe in monotheism and they deny the Trinity in that only God the Father is truly God.

Bible believing Christians believe that the Trinity is one God and yet He also exists as three distinct persons. One God and yet three distinct persons (i.e. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting, so you do Disagree with Joseph Smith and mormon handbook?:

View attachment 20778

GRACE And Peace...
The site you're quoting isn't actually written by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (it's actually an anti website), and gets it's information completely distorted (purposefully so).

Father, Son, Spirit = 3 persons. The Son doesn't pray to Himself, He prays to the Father. They are one. 1 God. Monotheism. It's not simple monotheism like Islam, but neither is the Trinity view.

Would you like me to list a bunch of scriptures on the matter?

Reactions: Cassandra

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abiding with God is not the same as being God. Nowhere does the Bible say we will become God. That's an addition to the Bible that simply does not exist.

We know what Mormons believe unless you are seeking to create schism or sect that departs from traditional Mormonism.
Mormons believe in multiple gods. They don't see the Trinity as one God, but they see the Trinity as three separate gods. This is polytheism and not monotheism. JW's believe in monotheism and they deny the Trinity in that only God the Father is truly God.

Bible believing Christians believe that the Trinity is one God and yet He also exists as three distinct persons. One God and yet three distinct persons (i.e. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
And once again, you've completely ignored everything I've said.
If that's your wish, I acknowledge that. Personally I'm really big into doing first hand investigation and study myself.

Reactions: Cassandra

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The site you're quoting isn't actually written by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (it's actually an anti website), and gets it's information completely distorted (purposefully so).

Father, Son, Spirit = 3 persons. The Son doesn't pray to Himself, He prays to the Father. They are one. 1 God. Monotheism. It's not simple monotheism like Islam, but neither is the Trinity view.

From Wikipedia:

In orthodox Mormonism, the term God generally refers to the biblical God the Father, whom Latter Day Saints refer to as Elohim,[26][27][28] and the term Godhead refers to a council of three distinct divine persons consisting of God the Father, Jesus Christ (his firstborn Son, whom Latter Day Saints refer to as Jehovah), and the Holy Ghost.[26][28] Latter Day Saints believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three distinct beings, and that the Father and Jesus have perfected, glorified, physical bodies, while the Holy Ghost is a spirit without a physical body.[26][29][30] Latter Day Saints also believe that there are other gods and goddesses outside the Godhead, such as a Heavenly Mother—who is the wife of God the Father—and that faithful Latter-day Saints may attain godhood in the afterlife.[31] Joseph Smith taught that God was once a man on another planet before being exalted to Godhood.[32]

Source:
Mormonism - Wikipedia

Then there is the holy underwear.

Can you say crazy?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From Wikipedia:

In orthodox Mormonism, the term God generally refers to the biblical God the Father, whom Latter Day Saints refer to as Elohim,[26][27][28] and the term Godhead refers to a council of three distinct divine persons consisting of God the Father, Jesus Christ (his firstborn Son, whom Latter Day Saints refer to as Jehovah), and the Holy Ghost.[26][28] Latter Day Saints believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three distinct beings, and that the Father and Jesus have perfected, glorified, physical bodies, while the Holy Ghost is a spirit without a physical body.[26][29][30] Latter Day Saints also believe that there are other gods and goddesses outside the Godhead, such as a Heavenly Mother—who is the wife of God the Father—and that faithful Latter-day Saints may attain godhood in the afterlife.[31] Joseph Smith taught that God was once a man on another planet before being exalted to Godhood.[32]

Source:
Mormonism - Wikipedia

Then there is the holy underwear.

Can you say crazy?
I ask if you want me to quote scriptures.
You instead quote wikipedia.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask if you want me to quote scriptures.
You instead quote wikipedia.

So you're saying Wikpedia is inaccurate about Mormonism?
The sources are actually taken from actual Mormon works.
You can check the sources for yourself if you like.

Anyways, this really is not the topic of the thread.
I suggest you start another thread if you want to talk about this.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NONE until KJVO though held that any translation in English was perfect or only!

The King James Bible was the first printed Bible that was the height and masterpiece of Bible History. So it would be true that KJB Only did not exist until the Bible in printed book form (KJB 1611) went out to the common man on a massive level (Whereby it had a significant influence upon mankind years later). KJB Only did not exist until the King James Bible came into existence and it started to get into the hands of the people. Before that point in time, it is a mystery. But what I do know is that by faith, God preserved His words somewhere on the planet perfectly in one form or another because that is what His Word basically says in Psalms 12:6-7.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're saying Wikpedia is inaccurate about Mormonism?
The sources are actually taken from actual Mormon works.
Listen: let me explain actual views and then you can comment what I say.

The Father, Son, and Spirit are 3 different persons. 1, 2, 3. For example, Christ isn't talking to Himself during the Lord's Prayer, He's praying the the Father. Both LDS Christians & Creedal Christians believe this.

These 3 persons are 1 God. Both LDS Christians & Creedal Christians believe this. We all are monotheist. It's impossible for a person to decide to honor the Father but not the Son- they are one. It's impossible to follow the Spirit but being going against the Father's will -- that doesn't even make sense. Versus in polytheism (Ancient Greek pantheon for example) you can follow Zues and go against Poseidon.

Scriptures: In addition to all of the Bible scriptures on this I'm sure we can both quote, here's some other verses LDS Christians believe to be scripture on the matter. Click on the links if you want to see context.
  • arraigned before the bar of Christ … and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, Alma 11:44.
  • sing … unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, Morm. 7:7.
  • grace of God the Father … Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, Ether 12:41.
  • We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, A of F 1:1.
My personal favorite scripture on the oneness of God is the chapter of John 17, but that's long to quote here.

Now differences: LDS Christians believe the Father, Son, and Spirit are 1 God through a shared purpose, will, goodness, glory, mercy, justice, power, etc. Creedal Christians believe that too. But the Athanasian Creed adds to this by including how the Father/Son/Spirit are one through a shared substance, with later phrasing of things like being vs person. LDS Christians do not believe this. That's the difference.

Importance: this 3 persons in 1 is an important thing to understand when talking with LDS Christians. If "Bob" is talking to an LDS Christian incorrectly calls it "polytheism", then the message the LDS Christian hears is "Bob believes that Christ & the Father are the same person". Which is very incorrect (that's modulism/oneness). I spend LOTS of time working with LDS Christian whom have been (mistakenly) taught be Creedal Christians believe in modulism.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This, of course, is Very troubling (lost sleep over it...), because, the Mormons do
THE SAME about their book of mormon. Pray and ask for God to "put a burning
(indigestion?) in their heart, to know the book is True."

And they Also claim God answers. Problem is their doctrine
Polytheism (Multiple GodS), is DENIED by their own "book of mormon,"
saying "There Is ONE True God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."
(part of 25,000 words plagiarized From The KJB!???)

So much for "God leading them" To Truth! What think ye?

I will agree to disagree as prayer is a part of the Christian life and asking God for guidance and His leading is part of the Christian life.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen: let me explain actual views and then you can comment what I say.

The Father, Son, and Spirit are 3 different persons. 1, 2, 3. For example, Christ isn't talking to Himself during the Lord's Prayer, He's praying the the Father. Both LDS Christians & Creedal Christians believe this.

These 3 persons are 1 God. Both LDS Christians & Creedal Christians believe this. We all are monotheist. It's impossible for a person to decide to honor the Father but not the Son- they are one. It's impossible to follow the Spirit but being going against the Father's will -- that doesn't even make sense. Versus in polytheism (Ancient Greek pantheon for example) you can follow Zues and go against Poseidon.

Scriptures: In addition to all of the Bible scriptures on this I'm sure we can both quote, here's some other verses LDS Christians believe to be scripture on the matter. Click on the links if you want to see context.
  • arraigned before the bar of Christ … and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, Alma 11:44.
  • sing … unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, Morm. 7:7.
  • grace of God the Father … Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, Ether 12:41.
  • We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, A of F 1:1.
My personal favorite scripture on the oneness of God is the chapter of John 17, but that's long to quote here.

Now differences: LDS Christians believe the Father, Son, and Spirit are 1 God through a shared purpose, will, goodness, glory, mercy, justice, power, etc. Creedal Christians believe that too. But the Athanasian Creed adds to this by including how the Father/Son/Spirit are one through a shared substance, with later phrasing of things like being vs person. LDS Christians do not believe this. That's the difference.

Importance: this 3 persons in 1 is an important thing to understand when talking with LDS Christians. If "Bob" is talking to an LDS Christian incorrectly calls it "polytheism", then the message the LDS Christian hears is "Bob believes that Christ & the Father are the same person". Which is very incorrect (that's modulism/oneness). I spend LOTS of time working with LDS Christian whom have been (mistakenly) taught be Creedal Christians believe in modulism.

This is not the topic of thread.
So I am politely moving on from this discussion with you.

Tchau, tchau.

full

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are verses that are footnoted all through the KJV with phrases like "the meaning of this verse is uncertain" and "this verse doesn't appear in all manuscripts" or [alternative reading].

To my knowledge: The two most popular KJV Bibles that place things into footnotes is the Scofield KJV (1909), and the New King James Version (1982 Version). These two supposed KJB imposters are the only fake KJV versions I am aware of that is footnoted (not solely marginal noted) that makes phrases that questions the actual verses in the Bible (Note: This would include any qualifying sequels of Scofield KJV's or NKJV's that footnotes in this way, too). Anyways, no other normal KJB before the Cambridge Edition 1900 that had any influence upon the people does that to my knowledge.

Both the Scofield KJV and the later New King James Versions (NKJV) makes significant changes to the words or the actual text (that is noteworthy). Later New King James Editions makes several changes over the years that sides with the Critical Text. Not all NKJV editions are alike (Which is deceptive because they really do not inform you of the changes). You may think the NKJV 2013 is the same as the 1979 New Testament NKJV but it's not the same one. They are different, and they never told you. They made changes behind your back, and they never told you. Deception in the highest.

All the footnotes that gets you to doubt the Bible like the hissing serpent saying, “Yea, hath God said,...?” are in favoring the Critical Text and not the TR (Textus Receptus). For the goal of these footnotes is to get you to favor Rome's way of thinking in looking to the scholar or priest as the real authority instead of just reading and believing the Bible plainly like a child.

You said:
It would be helpful if you paid attention to what you are writing and not waste people's time with nonsense.

I would encourage you to watch this video if you want to be challenged with the truth of how things really are.

Last edited:
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the Kjv is no more no less then Modern versions

How can you imply that they are the same? They are not. If I am in a fight with a JW, I can speak boldly with power and authority using 1 John 5:7. I have a REAL sword! But if I have a Modern bible, I have a butter knife and my defense is crippled because there is no 1 John 5:7. There is no Godhead mentioned in many Modern Bibles. My fight is already lost before I even start if I have a Modern Bible in my hand if I am up against a JW. Sure, they may not believe, but that does not matter. What matters is that I preached the truth of God's Word to them in faith. I am walking in faith. For without faith it is impossible to please Him (GOD). For faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Precious friend:
I apologize, I thought it was a "Mormon website." I promise to do better. :(

Precious friend:
Depends, are they from The PRESERVED and COMPLETED Word Of God (KJB),
of Which
I have quite a list of 500 Scriptures JESUS Is Almighty God, OR:

Are they Extra-BIBLICAL "scriptures" from other writings? ie:

"From latter-day revelation we learn that the Father and the Son have
tangible bodies of flesh and bone
, and that the Holy Ghost is a personage
of spirit without flesh and bone (Doctrine and Covenants 130:22–23)"
You DO believe this (NON-distorted?) LDS document (scripture?), Correct?

Now, in light of this, I must say God, In HIS Word Of Truth "Warns us":

1) Never Add To or Take Away From God's Pure Words!
(
Deuteronomy 4:2, 12:32; Proverbs 30:5-6; Revelation 22:18,19 KJB!)
+

2) 2Co_11:4 "For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have
not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or
another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

So, bearing with you for a moment, is not the "LDS Jesus" another Different
Jesus, with a father who has a body of "flesh and bones? Because The KJB
Clearly "Stated By
our LORD And Saviour, JESUS CHRIST," About HIS
Father, Whom
we worship:

Joh_4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship
Him must worship Him in spirit and in Truth."

Confirmed By The LORD JESUS CHRIST Himself,
When, After HIS Bodily Resurrection, HE Said:

Luk_24:39 "Behold My Hands and My Feet, that It Is I Myself: handle
Me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see Me have."

So, Precious friend, WHY are you an LDS (Mormon), IF you don't
believe the "Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, etc."
"scriptures"(?) of your own religion?

If you believe All Of The "Correctly Translated" KJB, like
@Bible Highlighter and I do, then we would Certainly Welcome
you in fellowship as a diligent BIBLE student.

Of course, the first "order of business" would be, do you have "another gospel"?

Or, do you trust/believe/have 100% faith, In The LORD JESUS CHRIST
(Whose Father Is A Spirit), His BLOOD, And HIS Resurrection,
According To The Scriptures (KJB)?
Please Prayerfully/Carefully See:

GRACE And Peace...

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend:
I apologize, I thought it was a "Mormon website." I promise to do better. :(

Precious friend:
Depends, are they from The PRESERVED and COMPLETED Word Of God (KJB),
of Which
I have quite a list of 500 Scriptures JESUS Is Almighty God, OR:

Are they Extra-BIBLICAL "scriptures" from other writings? ie:

"From latter-day revelation we learn that the Father and the Son have
tangible bodies of flesh and bone
, and that the Holy Ghost is a personage
of spirit without flesh and bone (Doctrine and Covenants 130:22–23)"
You DO believe this (NON-distorted?) LDS document (scripture?), Correct?

Now, in light of this, I must say God, In HIS Word Of Truth "Warns us":

1) Never Add To or Take Away From God's Pure Words!
(
Deuteronomy 4:2, 12:32; Proverbs 30:5-6; Revelation 22:18,19 KJB!)
+

2) 2Co_11:4 "For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have
not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or
another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

So, bearing with you for a moment, is not the "LDS Jesus" another Different
Jesus, with a father who has a body of "flesh and bones? Because The KJB
Clearly "Stated By
our LORD And Saviour, JESUS CHRIST," About HIS
Father, Whom
we worship:

Joh_4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship
Him must worship Him in spirit and in Truth."

Confirmed By The LORD JESUS CHRIST Himself,
When, After HIS Bodily Resurrection, HE Said:

Luk_24:39 "Behold My Hands and My Feet, that It Is I Myself: handle
Me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see Me have."

So, Precious friend, WHY are you an LDS (Mormon), IF you don't
believe the "Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, etc."
"scriptures"(?) of your own religion?

If you believe All Of The "Correctly Translated" KJB, like
@Bible Highlighter and I do, then we would Certainly Welcome
you in fellowship as a diligent BIBLE student.

Of course, the first "order of business" would be, do you have "another gospel"?

Or, do you trust/believe/have 100% faith, In The LORD JESUS CHRIST,
His BLOOD, And HIS Resurrection, According To The Scriptures (KJB)?

See:

GRACE And Peace...
Per others folks request I moved this discussion to another thread. In a bit I’ll link it and respond on that thread (have a time conflict until then).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was English the language He chose to inspire, or was it the Hebrew and the Greek?

I know God used Biblical Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and English as His chosen languages to preserve His perfect Words in the form of written Scripture. Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek existed first in scrolls (papyri) with the inspired originals and inspired copies (copied scrolls).

Then later when actual books began to be printed and the technology became more accessible through time, the King James Bible was printed in English in 1611 giving the common man the Word of God (having a great influence upon many men). What happened in between the King James Bible and the scrolls in the original languages? I honestly cannot say. But I know that God’s Word must have existed in some inspired copies of some form or another because of Psalms 12:6-7. Why? I believe God’s Word by faith and that it is true. God cannot lie, and the Scriptures cannot be broken.

For do you have to see the 6 day creation in order to believe in it? No. We take it by faith that it happened because that is what God’s Word says.
We believe because God’s Word is true and trustworthy. Many have tried to explain away the first chapter of Genesis in order to fit the theory of Evolution into the Bible or long ages of time. But this would be a distortion of God’s Word. I believe the same thing is happening when men do not agree with Psalms 12:6-7. It just does not make logical sense to them. They cannot simply just take God at His Word and believe it. That’s what this is really about.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the Holy Spirit inspire the Hebrew and Greek or not? if yes, should one not strive to find out what terms meant in the original languages?

I believe God inspired the English because it is consistent with what we read in the Bible.

God never required His people to look to some more ancient dead language that is entirely foreign to understand His words (like say God requiring Gentiles to know Biblical Hebrew in order to understand the writings of Paul in the New Testament). While God's words can exist in a foreign language perfectly, foreign languages generally was viewed as a sign of judgment to the Jews because of the Tower Babel, and the times of when the Jews were in captivity to pagan foreigners (like: Egypt, & Babylon).

What we do see in the Bible is God speaking and providing His written Word in languages that His people could understand. That’s biblical. We know God chose His written Word in the world language in Koine Greek for the New Testament at one point in history. This again was a language that was to have a wide spread influence. So if God is going to be consistent in the way He operates, then we must conclude God will do the same again and preserve His words in the world language of today. For we know by the book of Jeremiah (Jeremiah 36:28-32) that God did not leave His words to remain destroyed, but He had His words copied out again (even with updates or additional words). So again, if God is going to be consistent in what we read about Him, we know God would not let His written Word pass away entirely to the sands of time. Why? Well, it’s called believing the Bible or believing God’s Word by faith.

Last edited:

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is only one Bible which was written in the original languages Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic. Everything else is a translation of the original scrolls. Just like if you have an American classic like The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Now the original is written in American English but it can be translated into any other language. Now it is up to the translator of any particular language to choose words within their own language that "they think" best to use to try and communicate the words used from the original book.

To say English is inspired by God is false. There are so many different versions of the English translated Bible which one is inspired? The KJV, NIV, Youngs, ESV, NAS etc etc. Who decides it is inspired? By what authority? I will stick with the original languages thanks.

Shalom