Mature Spiritual Christians No Longer Need the Written Word?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since they don't like to be grounded in the word, don't think it is sufficient, they drift off into myths and fables as a form of judgment and go well beyond what is written. Paul warned of this in 2 Corinthians 4:6, and we have these types around yet today in this sense: Those whom Pau l dealt with, who did these things in the church, went beyond the written word. And guess what? They considered themselves "super apostles" above and beyond others.
Isn't that ironic? These same people on this very forum tout themselves as such.
One need not look far into Pauls epistle to see the indictment he places on them from the Holy Spirit.
They are to be rejected, they are false ministers.
Exactly, same as the convenient "messages" that will tell them, the Lord is sooo tired of the debates over His word. I doubt that very much, since that is the only way to determine false teachings & false prophets.o_O

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, same as the convenient "messages" that will tell them, the Lord is sooo tired of the debates over His word. I doubt that very much, since that is the only way to determine false teachings & false prophets.o_O
Yes saw that one. Its all wrong, this debating, unless they're debating. They were probably given audible permission for that too. Everyone else? Bad, bad, bad! :rolleyes::D

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes saw that one. Its all wrong, this debating, unless they're debating. They were probably given audible permission for that too. Everyone else? Bad, bad, bad! :rolleyes::D
& you're soooo negative! don't you have anything nice to say? which only applies to those that disagree with their blend of unbiblical gnosis/mysticsm /NAR christianity. :cool: :rolleyes:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how does He increase if His own Word decreases?
The world and all that is in it passes away, but His word does not pass away, but is forever in spirit. It is the Spirit that increases.

Reactions: faithfulness

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world and all that is in it passes away, but His word does not pass away, but is forever in spirit. It is the Spirit that increases.

The Spirit increases our ability to comprehend the word, but as Jesus said not one 'jot or tittle' will pass away. Jots and tittles were things written down in ink by the way, not extrabiblical spiritual concepts.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit increases our ability to comprehend the word, but as Jesus said not one 'jot or tittle' will pass away. Jots and tittles were things written down in ink by the way, not extrabiblical spiritual concepts.
There is nothing extrabiblical about God being spirit, the words of Jesus being spirit, even every jot and tittle, Jesus committing only His spirit to the Father, going to the Father, Jesus saying "follow Me", sending the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth, and Paul preaching to leave behind the elementary principles of Christ and salvation and press on to that higher spiritual calling and existence with God as One, echoing the prayers of Christ. And your insinuation is an offense.

But go ahead, set your anchor on worldly things, on ink and parchment and tablets of stone, return to that Egypt, and abide forever in that which is passing away.

Last edited:
Reactions: prism

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing extrabiblical about God being spirit, the words of Jesus being spirit, Jesus committing only His spirit to the Father, going to the Father, Jesus saying to "follow Me", sending the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth, and Paul preach to leave behind the elementary principles of Christ and salvation and press on to that higher spiritual calling and existence with God as One. And your insinuation is an offence.

But go ahead, set your anchor on worldly things, on ink and parchment and tablets of stone, return to that Egypt, and abide forever in that which is passing away.

Jesus said the not one letter would pass away. There is everything extrabiblical about "casting off" the Scriptures and claiming that you no longer need them, about saying that you have evolved above the need for the very words of God, and to insinuate that you have more knowledge than God Himself provided for man.

But go ahead, keep on trying to convince us that you are above the Scriptures, by using Scriptures to prove your point. If you really are above the Scriptures, why lower yourself back down to using them for debate? You ought be able to end this entire debate without touching the Scriptures; after all, we are all still on the 'milk', and you are on the 'meat' right? Then why do you need to use the milk to debate?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think we will always need the written word, because even though we know it well it can still take us by surprise and jump off the page in a way it never has all the other times we may have read a particular passage.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said the not one letter would pass away. There is everything extrabiblical about "casting off" the Scriptures and claiming that you no longer need them, about saying that you have evolved above the need for the very words of God, and to insinuate that you have more knowledge than God Himself provided for man.

But go ahead, keep on trying to convince us that you are above the Scriptures, by using Scriptures to prove your point. If you really are above the Scriptures, why lower yourself back down to using them for debate? You ought be able to end this entire debate without touching the Scriptures; after all, we are all still on the 'milk', and you are on the 'meat' right? Then why do you need to use the milk to debate?
You are not listening, nor seeing. I have not said or advocated any such thing, only that which is written. But you have not heard or seen even what is written, so why should you hear or see it when it is given again?

But you, you advocate for a half-truth gospel after the pattern of Satan which is false, to your own demise.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we will always need the written word, because even though we know it well it can still take us by surprise and jump off the page in a way it never has all the other times we may have read a particular passage.
So...you doubt that God is capable of writing the scriptures in your heart and giving you the mind of Christ, that you should be One with Him and the Father, according to the scriptures?

You need to think about what you are saying.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not listening, nor seeing. I have not said or advocated any such thing, only that which is written. But you have not heard or seen even what is written, so why should you hear or see it when it is given again?

But you, you advocate for a half-truth gospel after the pattern of Satan which is false, to your own demise.

So, in essence you are not going to answer my question, and it is my fault? Yep... as expected.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...you doubt that God is capable of writing the scriptures in your heart and giving you the mind of Christ, that you should be One with Him and the Father, according to the scriptures?

The Scriptures also say that Christ has "sheep from another pen" that He must gather also, but you don't see us all dropping on all fours and eating grass.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I'm saying, and I'm speaking from experience here, that occasionally, no matter how familiar a passage is, I can read it one day and it will speak directly to me, or it will become clear and to me that is awesome when God does that.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying, and I'm speaking from experience here, that occasionally, no matter how familiar a passage is, I can read it one day and it will speak directly to me, or it will become clear and to me that is awesome when God does that.

I believe what you mean [at least, how I took it] is that the Scriptures are inexhaustible; there will never come a point when you can honestly say "I have taken all I can from this book; it can teach me no more."

Even with the most familiar of verses, you will find new Spiritual truths the more the Spirit illuminates your reading.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe what you mean [at least, how I took it] is that the Scriptures are inexhaustible; there will never come a point when you can honestly say "I have taken all I can from this book; it can teach me no more."

Even with the most familiar of verses, you will find new Spiritual truths the more the Spirit illuminates your reading.
Exactly. :cool:

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is why I find such abominable heresies such as claiming that you have outgrown the very Word which was with God Himself, and which spoke everything into existence to not only be horrendous warping of Truth, but also downright unChristian. Those who think they can outgrow the Word have clearly never been truly effected by it or the Spirit. Much prayer is needed for such people.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen Totally!
thumbup1[1].gif

Reactions: tzcho2 and Mjh29

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, in essence you are not going to answer my question, and it is my fault? Yep... as expected.
I answered your question when you asked it the first time. Did I not tell you that you would not hear it if I gave it again? Indeed, I did. The fact that you did not hear it...yes, that's all on you.

Last edited: