Medical marijuana...it's becoming accepted by old and young?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another good herb for pain in Kratom. It is from a leaf from a family of trees. It is a non addictive pain reliever. It taste absolutely disgusting but it works amazingly well. Marijuana more or less just makes you feel so good you just ride through the pain. Kratom actually makes the pain level go down. I'm sure it will be illegal at some point just because it is competition to big Pharma.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My neighbor smokes a lot of marijiana for pain. He is starting to throw fits and has been for a while. I think he may have developed a bipolar problem from the dope.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My neighbor smokes a lot of marijiana for pain. He is starting to throw fits and has been for a while. I think he may have developed a bipolar problem from the dope.
Throwing fits from pain or just anything in general.
I don't think the marijuana is the cause unless he is withdrawing from not having any.
It may be a root of bitterness causing him to throw fits. That's a deep rooted cause that comes from past issues that have been tucked away instead of resolved.

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having been someone who has suffered from addiction from Marijuana to Meth. It's such a personal choice when it comes down to these things, some say it helps, and thus they use it. Having been an non-sober person for a complete year, its a subjective thing.

I personally believe that weed is not good for me, nor is meth. Therefore be careful with what you do with your own body in which Christ lives with-in. Quenching the Spirit can keep you down and out for the most part of being a purposeful Christian who can help someone who may be in need right away but if one is messed up on drugs one needs to be careful, it's not that God doesn't love you even so you are doped up. It's just your body is going through so much it can be dangerous, though people have mixed feelings about it.

Im not against people going to the doctor for medications to help them with pain, and for healing infections, but when it comes to drugs, personal discretion is advised always.

Reading the word of God helps renew the mind, and helps reinforce the spirit of Christ with-in you and it is the most profitable.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Throwing fits from pain or just anything in general.
I don't think the marijuana is the cause unless he is withdrawing from not having any.
It may be a root of bitterness causing him to throw fits. That's a deep rooted cause that comes from past issues that have been tucked away instead of resolved.
I really don't know but the other day he apologized for making so much noise. He's been throwing anger fits like I was before I got on psych meds. Mine were caused from bipolar schizophrenia. But you should probably read the government site on marijuana:

"Clinicians agree that cannabis use can cause acute adverse mental effects that mimic psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Although there is good evidence to support this, the connections are complex and not fully understood." Cannabis-Induced Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic Features: A Case Report

Reactions: MatthewG

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't know but the other day he apologized for making so much noise. He's been throwing anger fits like I was before I got on psych meds. Mine were caused from bipolar schizophrenia. But you should probably read the government site on marijuana:

"Clinicians agree that cannabis use can cause acute adverse mental effects that mimic psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Although there is good evidence to support this, the connections are complex and not fully understood." Cannabis-Induced Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic Features: A Case Report
I will check into it....I am not using it. Never liked it and still don't.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May God help those who have struggles in their lives due to circumstances unknown.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All us are broken and still need help; that help being in the one whom we can’t see but in faith believe. :) God bless to you all.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All us are broken and still need help; that help being in the one whom we can’t see but in faith believe. :) God bless to you all.
Thank you, MatthewG...God bless you as well.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Smoking dope that is grown under lights is what can cause problems and should never be smoked.
Smoking Synthetic dope is outright stupid and should be jailed for using such.
Not all natural dope is the same thing as well.

A old mate smoked dope form 19yo to 55yo totally full on as anyone ever could and he did the Speed for some years like a total moron.
He is a compulsive obsessive person, he would drink like a fish and want competitions drinking all the time, too see who could drink a beer the faster and who could drink the most !
We just thought he was joking, but he was truly serious about such nonsense ! but then I came to understand this is a real problem, it's real ! and it's a serious problem !

Out of all the people I knew who smoked dope a bit back in the 80's only about 10% would still smoke dope nowadays.

That old mate gave up smoking dope easy as, he said but giving up smoking the fags was truly hell for him and still battling with that
He would smoke dope on the hour, he would go away in a room pull a cone and walk out blow the smoke outside.
Old mate was just born stupid and still is stupid, but he has learnt, just like another mate up the road who is much the same, you can learn from people like that, who are open and honest with you about such things.

Some people just should not smoke or drink at all because they are not like people who have self control. not to mention some people can not drink Rum because their gut can not deal with it the way others do, so this type of person just becomes a total pest on Rum but is ok on beer.

What has happened as regarding dope it was given a bad wrap over the years, that the majority of people were only brainwashed and not truly educated on the subject at all. so the subject is like dealing with a 3yo. my mum is hysterical thinking she will become addicted or happy, grave fear of taking any medical dope for pain. and sure the Hippy's back in her day were the lowest of the low drop out trash, so she thinks that's how one ends up. sleeping in a dumpster etc, seriously ! Medical dope is nothing to do with that rubbish at all and the hippies were into more than just dope, but the dope got the bad rap for everything.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cannabis can cause temporary Psychosis if taken in huge amounts. If you have Schizophrenia or bipolar disorder you should not use it as well as teenagers s their brain is still developing. As in everything moderation.