Medical marijuana...it's becoming accepted by old and young?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the argument I get all the time...and the scripture that says all seed bearing plant is good for food.
That's interesting you mention that. Nowadays it seems to be mostly smoked or inhaled as oils. I think someone else mentioned that it's basically inert as a plant. All of it's cannabinoids have a carbon/oxygen "tag" which make it so the body completely ignores them. You can eat all the fresh plant you want, and all you are eating is another leafy green.

So it's perfectly safe around children, if it's in that state. Drying it or heating it removes that tag, and activates the ingredients. I'm of the mind the right way to ingest would be to eat it, after "decarboxylating" it, which is the normal way to ingest things into the body.

Someone else said that smoking isn't natural, and I agree. Maybe tea? Do people still do that?

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's been a lot of research in how to use it, and yes, certain strains are bred for certain things.

Charlotte's Web is a strain high in CBD and with virtually no THC which is extremely effective for childhood epilepsy, even when other drugs do nothing for it.

Much love!
I have heard that it's the CBD that has the healing properties. So most of the medical marijuana is CBD not THC right?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard that it's the CBD that has the healing properties. So most of the medical marijuana is CBD not THC right?
Actually each of these are cannabinoids, of which there are over 100 in cannabis. Some of them are anti-fungal, some anti-viral, some are regulatory, that is, they mirror transmitter molecules found in the "endo-cannabinoid system", which works primarily, I think, through the endochrine and the central nervous systems.

My understanding is that the best effect is through the gestalt effect, everything in the plant working synergistically. I believe THC is the main driver of the healing properties, while the other cannabinoids and terpenes (other oils in the plant) modify how it works. But there are some of the cannabinoids which we've learned to concentrate to achieve these sorts of pinpoint results, like pot that doesn't get you high, but keeps you from getting seizures.

I think THC is the most effective in metabolic disorders, while adding CBD extends that effectiveness towards pain managment. Of course there's lots of overlap in those maladies.

There is a lot of research happening right now, isolating other therapies like that. Researches expect to find an endless trove of treatments for various things. I look forward to their research.

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually each of these are cannabinoids, of which there are over 100 in cannabis. Some of them are anti-fungal, some anti-viral, some are regulatory, that is, they mirror transmitter molecules found in the "endo-cannabinoid system", which works primarily, I think, through the endochrine and the central nervous systems.

My understanding is that the best effect is through the gestalt effect, everything in the plant working synergistically. I believe THC is the main driver of the healing properties, while the other cannabinoids and terpenes (other oils in the plant) modify how it works. But there are some of the cannabinoids which we've learned to concentrate to achieve these sorts of pinpoint results, like pot that doesn't get you high, but keeps you from getting seizures.

I think THC is the most effective in metabolic disorders, while adding CBD extends that effectiveness towards pain managment. Of course there's lots of overlap in those maladies.

There is a lot of research happening right now, isolating other therapies like that. Researches expect to find an endless trove of treatments for various things. I look forward to their research.

Much love!
Wow, I certainly.got more than I expected....information wise....thank you, thank you!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Take out the T.H.C. and you don't get high. CBD has been used for pain and seizures. My son is the expert on it.

Reactions: marks

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I prefer BYOB. hmmm, trying to quit though.
I blacked out and did stupid things when I drank. Some people shouldn't drink. I'm one of them. I liked drinking.. a lot. 39 ounces of whisky in one setting was enough. See what I mean? I used to drink alone. With people. Until I passed out. As soon as I woke up. I don't drink anymore.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I blacked out and did stupid things when I drank. Some people shouldn't drink. I'm one of them. I liked drinking.. a lot. 39 ounces of whisky in one setting was enough. See what I mean? I used to drink alone. With people. Until I passed out. As soon as I woke up. I don't drink anymore.
Yes that would be a problem. You can die from certain drugs and alcohol if taken in high enough doses. They have a huge problem with fentanyl. You could overdose on marijuana too.

Marijuana Overdose Symptoms
Can you overdose on marijuana? Yes, but unlike overdoses of other illicit drugs, a marijuana overdose won't likely be fatal.

Here are are the symptoms you may experience if you overdose on weed:

• High levels of anxiety
  • Panic attack
  • Rapid heart rate
  • Difficulty conversing
  • Poor coordination
  • High or low blood pressure
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Extreme confusion and memory problems
  • Paranoia
  • Hallucinations
Milder overdoses are typically characterized by nausea, anxiety, lethargy, dizziness, and paranoia, says Dr. Weiner. This set of symptoms is sometimes termed “greening out.” He adds that THC overdose signs include cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS) and marijuana-induced psychosis (MIP). The former involves bouts of severe vomiting and abdominal pain—usually lasting for less than 24 hours.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To me, cannabis can be just another medication. As far as recreational use goes, I'd rather someone use weed than fentanyl.
Since weed was legalized in Canada, opiates overdose deaths are down more than 20%. Some will find Jesus. Can you imagine life without Him? I can't.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally don't see cannabis as a medicine. Nor do I see magic mushrooms as a medicine. Nor do I see Peyote as a medicine. They are all hallucinogens. I've smoked marijuana and it eventually has a relaxing effect after the paranoia leaves but I didn't notice a pain relieving affect.

I have gone thru a sweat lodge ceremony on my local Indian tribe land performed by a native American conductor. But there was no Peyote in the hot rocks, only mint:
luiz-centenaro-eyoKIj3WTY4-unsplash-700x467.jpg

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that would be a problem. You can die from certain drugs and alcohol if taken in high enough doses. They have a huge problem with fentanyl. You could overdose on marijuana too.

Marijuana Overdose Symptoms
Can you overdose on marijuana? Yes, but unlike overdoses of other illicit drugs, a marijuana overdose won't likely be fatal.

Here are are the symptoms you may experience if you overdose on weed:

• High levels of anxiety
  • Panic attack
  • Rapid heart rate
  • Difficulty conversing
  • Poor coordination
  • High or low blood pressure
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Extreme confusion and memory problems
  • Paranoia
  • Hallucinations
Milder overdoses are typically characterized by nausea, anxiety, lethargy, dizziness, and paranoia, says Dr. Weiner. This set of symptoms is sometimes termed “greening out.” He adds that THC overdose signs include cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS) and marijuana-induced psychosis (MIP). The former involves bouts of severe vomiting and abdominal pain—usually lasting for less than 24 hours.
I tried it when I was in my early 20's and the 3 or 4 times I did I threw up for hours....
I just assumed I was allergic to it.

Reactions: dev553344

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I am not sure how I feel about medical marijuana but I have 3 family members (age 24-78) all of which suffered some kind of chronic disease....one of them was taking 5 blood pressure medications and they still couldn't get her blood pressure under control.
She has been taking medical marijuana in a liquid form and her blood pressure has been normal for.the past 8 months......
The other 2 members suffered chronic fibromyalgia and neuropathy......and had to stay on strong pain medication in order to just get around the house.
Now both are off the pain meds and strictly take medical marijuana in gummie form.

I asked God how can something like marijuana cure or treat so many ailments....yet cause so many problems?

Now I am not advocating for anyone to start using it...I am just so naive about it and would like some input.
Using medical Marijuana to treat a chronic medical condition, using it as just any other drug, is quite different from an addict smoking it to get high. Jesus said that it was not what went into a person that is significant but what comes out - such as cursings, hate, blasphemies, etc.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried it when I was in my early 20's and the 3 or 4 times I did I threw up for hours....
I just assumed I was allergic to it.
Wow, I never threw up. Sounds like a terrible experience. I used to be able to tolerate it when I was in my late teens to early 20's. I used it for a couple years without any real problem, but I did notice my IQ shrank and I would get stupid thoughts. And I withdrew socially.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And no one is judging....it is now legal in almost every state.:D

well I for one would use it if I had to live with (die with) pain.
I see no difference between taking chemical meds and using marijuana…I don’t believe God cares either .
We pray for healing, but if it tarries , and if pain is involved , I’d say “thank you lord “ and take it…

just my two cents ….x

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well I for one would use it if I had to live with (die with) pain.
I see no difference between taking chemical meds and using marijuana…I don’t believe God cares either .
We pray for healing, but if it tarries , and if pain is involved , I’d say “thank you lord “ and take it…

just my two cents ….x
That is what many people are beginning to say and do....and I agree that It is the best alternative to pharmaceutical meds.....that don't cure anything...just covers up the problem....imho

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Using medical Marijuana to treat a chronic medical condition, using it as just any other drug, is quite different from an addict smoking it to get high. Jesus said that it was not what went into a person that is significant but what comes out - such as cursings, hate, blasphemies, etc.
Exactly and I don't dispute His Word on that!:)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I never threw up. Sounds like a terrible experience. I used to be able to tolerate it when I was in my late teens to early 20's. I used it for a couple years without any real problem, but I did notice my IQ shrank and I would get stupid thoughts. And I withdrew socially.
Lol

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what many people are beginning to say and do....and I agree that It is the best alternative to pharmaceutical meds.....that don't cure anything...just covers up the problem....imho
No they don't alleviate the physical condition that is causing the pain. But it can alleviate some of the psychological problems that pain can induce. So long as you don't abuse the drugs. The biggest ones I've noticed that my weekly alcohol relieves is depression and anxiety caused from the pain. There is a good gov article here: Psychiatric Aspects of Chronic Pain - Pain and Disability - NCBI Bookshelf

From the article:

"Depression is one of the most pervasive and, paradoxically, least well diagnosed and treated conditions confronting medical practitioners. As a syndrome it is often associated with symptoms of anxiety."

Perhaps this is what the marijuana treats in people that they feel they are relieved from the pain somehow?

Last edited: