Mental Disorder of LGBT: Analysis - Spiritual, Political and Scientific

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That shouldn't make any difference.
It's called motivation and it does make a difference
God's Word forbids gay sex, and you claim to be a Christian and you defend it. My motives and other motives are not relevant to whether or not God approves of homosexuality and the LGBTQ agenda. There is no need to address any argument beside what the Bible says, because this is a Christian message board, and you claim to be Christian. What makes it okay for a Christian to stand in opposition with God about anything?
Racists firmly believe that God had condemned non-whites to be social and moral inferiors. Your own words prevent you from saying they are wrong because what makes it OK to stand in opposition with God about anything?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wasn't research at all.
Your premise is flawed. You suppose you are correct unless evidence is presented to the contrary. But then you deny the mountain of evidence.

Consider the OP

God's word is invaluable to keeping us on the straight and narrow path and is always the place to begin any endeavor, consistent with the 1st Commandment. There are 2 verses that are particularly germane to keep us grounded:

Do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (ESV)

And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them. Romans 1:28-32

As the analysis continues, we will grasp how they invent ways to do evil.

Part 1 of 3

One non-political way to identify the truth of inequality is in medicine. Certain diseases are prone in certain races more than others. The same with sex. The same with sexual deviancy.

3. 'Follow The Science'

Establishing science as an IDOL to submit to - rather than our Creator, God - makes it a tool to shepherd the sheeple to their own destruction. You don't have a PhD in Climatology so you should shut up. You got to use people's preferred pronouns. Notice the Left is always about stifling speech by one mechanism or another?

This article brilliantly details how political pressures were used on the APA to stop classifying LGBT as a mental illness. How LGBTQ+ Activists Got “Homosexuality” out of the DSM. In short, they capitulated on the grounds that some with this disorder are self-sufficient. The self-sufficiency standard really has nothing to do with inherent mental disorders - only a measure of the severity of the underlying self-destructive behavior. Notice the political drivers stated in the article:
The campaign to remove the “homosexuality” diagnosis from the DSM began in earnest in the 1960s, backed by a growing civil rights, women’s rights, and gay rights movement across the country.

AbstractThe American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association have suggested for many years now that there is significant empirical evidence supporting the claim that homosexuality is a normal variant of human sexual orientation as opposed to a mental disorder. This paper summarizes and analyzes that purported scientific evidence and explains that much (if not all) of the evidence is irrelevant and does not support the homosexuality-is-not-a-mental-disorder claim. As a result of their deficiencies and arbitrariness, the credibility those two groups that are typically deemed authoritative and trustworthy is called into question.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's called motivation and it does make a difference

Racists firmly believe that God had condemned non-whites to be social and moral inferiors. Your own words prevent you from saying they are wrong because what makes it OK to stand in opposition with God about anything?
But I have scripture that proves God hates homosexuality and that gays won't inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. I am not just making claims without having backed it up. You are in opposition to God.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your premise is flawed. You suppose you are correct unless evidence is presented to the contrary. But then you deny the mountain of evidence.

Consider the OP
I already responded to the OP. It was lacking evidence that LGBT is a mental illness.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I have scripture that proves God hates homosexuality and that gays won't inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. I am not just making claims without having backed it up. You are in opposition to God.
and how is your claim that LGBT people only act out of lust backed up?

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what God says about the homosexual lifestyle.

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Leviticus 18:22

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:13

In both of these verses, God calls sex between two people of the same gender an abomination. The Law of Moses was the legal code in Israel, and in that nation, this was a capital crime. The sin is still an abomination, but the death sentence will be carried out at the final judgment, not in the here and now, except in nations where it remains a capital crime.

"For this cause, God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet." Romans 1:26-27

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor EFFEMINATE, nor abusers of themselves with mankind." 1 Corinthians 6:9

Here are the meaning of key words from the original Hebrew and Greek that let us know how God feels about the homosexual lifestyle.

Abomination (toebah) a disgusting thing, abomination, abominable.

Vile (atimia) dishonor, ignominy, disgrace.

unseemly (aschemosyne) indecency, obscenity, shamefulness.

Those words tell us plainly how God views the homosexual lifestyle. I find it strange that any professing Christian stands in opposition to God in defending the homosexual community. In addition to this, in Romans chapter one, it also says homosexuals were given over to a reprobate mind. As a Christian, I am not going to disagree with God.

Whether a person chooses who or what they are attracted to makes no difference as to whether it is approved of by God if they act upon it. As I mentioned, men and women can be married but attracted to someone besides their spouse. God doesn't overlook their adultery if they act upon it. A man may be attracted to a child, but he has no right to molest that child or commit statutory rape because he is attracted to that person. This can't help it stuff is not going to be acceptable at the judgment.
This is what God says about homosexuality @TinMan. I am not just saying God doesn't approve based on nothing, and you are at odds with God.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why the implication that they can't or don't love and act only out of lust?

What was your motivation to say such an ugly thing?
I never made such a comment. I know I never said they never are really in love. I don't even believe that. You either mixed me up with someone else or you are reading more into what I said than what I meant.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TinMan, perhaps it was the scripture in Romans 1:26-27 you were thinking of about homosexuals acting out of lust? That is God saying they burned in their lust one towards another. Ask him how he backs that up? The issue is that you disagree with God, and you say you are Christian. I do not understand that.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Looking back at my school days and all the kids within, i seen some girls who displayed butch tendency's and boys who displayed less manly tendency's ? but the fact was they were still only just a butch girl in fact or the boy was less manly boy. and by that i mean nothing to do with being queer at all.
There are Girls who are bullying types 24/7 idiots and boys who displayed bully stupidity as well 24/7.
I seen boys who were extremely wimpy 24/7 but one even made threats to me once ! and say 30 years went by and i brought that up to him and he remembered that directly and we laughed. I remember threats :cold: .

But at the end of the day one is a boy or a girl regardless in fact.

Not to mention i seen a Hermaphrodite on TV of late talking about all such and this one wanted to Identify as a man and fair enough ! as i have nothing against Hermaphrodites at all and as to what gender they want to display is fine by me totally and such always was, as my brothers mate had a child who was one as well back in 1985, but they made into a girl. at the time i thought they should not touch anything with such a child and to hell with anyone who would be nasty to such a one, but kids can be bloody cruel and that's a big problem in schools !

So the Hermaphrodite on TV took action to be look manly so would grow a beard etc. and if one wanted to be woman with keeping the thing i have no problem with such a one at all. as this has nothing to do with being queer at all or loopy and i respect Hermaphrodites and would back them up 100%.

But with Queers that's another bag altogether and some are not a problem, as such they do not bother me at all, never have ! but there is a Mob of queers that are very evil and Nazi like morons that want to dominate over everyone like a total moron dictating lording it over everyone with willfully intent to destroy anyone who may object to their radical deranged intents.

So i have learned to despise such Nazi like intents in such, i have to stand up to all such Nazi like intent, for they demand it all their way only regardless, just like a Nazi type of intent that has no regard at all for others. It's this type that i despise, not because they are Gay ? it's because they have a Nazi like intent. and it's a shame that such a Mob has got way so out of hand running loose, it really is a outright disgrace !
But morons like such will go on the attack on me, but i am not against Gay people ! i am against the Nazi like filthy dominating trash, but do i blame the Queers ? well manly i blame society for being pathetic ! well that is because of the Media is a Whore and controlled by Satanic people or trash ! This Whore dominates over the majority of dupes, but the majority are so shallow and short sighted that they are just like the Germans were when the Nazis were killing the Jews in fact ! and i blame people like such for such situations in all history, because such people are a curse in fact, not worthy of God ! For such are pathetic numb skulls ! They sit back and let the Decay happen ! and sadly such a majority are still numb skulls after the event regardless, stupid is as stupid does.

So from a doctors perspective say ? knowing that prevention is better than the cure ? but the masses only look to a cure for prevention is to top shelf to deal with. and that's why the majority never truly come to Christ Jesus to be truly born again because it takes one too seek, a layabout slob will never bother to seek, so they do not find ! that's what they are a curse. a curse on themselves and on all in fact. They are of this world that is Full of Deceptions and Delusions in fact.

I totally support Christ Jesus, so i am set apart from this world ! for I am of The Kingdom of God, not of this world.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you are blind and deaf. Do you realize that the Bible explicitly states that homosexuals will not inherent the kingdom of God?
neither will liars, which should be worrying the person who wrote the meme you posted.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care if homosexuals are deeply in love with someone of the same sex. That relationship is forbidden in scripture. Nothing changes that and everything you are saying are smoke screen arguments. You claim you are Christian, yet you are arguing against God's position.
Its a love that cometh of the world . Its depravity . God didnt put that kind of love into anyone .
Its called a reprobate mind . Thanks for the reminder my friend . Love not the world
neither things of the world .
I want to repeat a simple reminder , so bear with it my friend .
It was adam and eve .
And adam never tried to trans into amber and eve never tried to trans into edward either .
It was one man , one woman . Notice all other animals sent to adam , THERE was none meet for him either .
Plus GOD didnt pull edward from the rib of adam . ITS GODS WAY or its the highway . The lambs gonna stick
to GODS WAY .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh , he is right about one thing my friend . IT is called motivation . But if we are heeding our movtivation from the devil
THAT IS BAD NEWS . Its like the transgender that was asked , how come you believe GOD thinks its okay
that you transitioned from a man into a woman . The transgender said , cause GOD dont make mistakes .
He put those thoughts into my head .
The transgender was only half right . GOD DONT make mistakes .
That be true . But he , NOT SHE , seemed to have forgotten something .
That GOD who dont make mistakes created that man , MALE in the womb .
And that transgender also forgot , there is one who desires to be as GOD , and that was the one
FEEDING his flesh and putting those thoughts into his head that he was supposed to have been a woman .
THE DEVIL LIES . and HE LIES TO SMALL CHILDREN TOO , just like he lies to adults .
SCIENCE aint figured that out yet . Today they say THE CHILD determines what sex he or she is .
And that the parents ought to heed the voice of the child .
AS FOR ME , I am sticking to WHAT GOD SAID . And as far as children
i am sticking to what GOD INSPIRED . RAISE THE CHILD UP in the WAY they should go .
IT DIDNT say in the way THEY THINK THEY SHOULD GO .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TinMan, perhaps it was the scripture in Romans 1:26-27 you were thinking of about homosexuals acting out of lust? That is God saying they burned in their lust one towards another. Ask him how he backs that up? The issue is that you disagree with God, and you say you are Christian. I do not understand that.
Welcome to seeker friendly . many who now proclaim to be christain are simply an ain . many who think they are a saint are simply an aint , cause they dont be following
the first six letters , CHRIST . they following men and ideals about GOD that really aint coming from GOD
rather from men with agendas who follow the main one with the main agenda to decieve .
Those who do evil and claim evil IN THE NAME OF and under the GUISE they follow GOD , are in the absolute worst place
any could or can be . And if folks dont believe that , I suggest we read some old test
and some new test and what GOD even says from heaven bout being lukewarm .
Many folks will have the greater damnation . cause they did what they did , USING THE NAME OF GOD and of CHRIST
to do what they did and teach what they do . Folks who do such a thing , BETTER REPENT ASAP TODAY RIGHT NOW
or face what they will face on the day of judgment . AND IT WONT BE GOOD either .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
neither will liars, which should be worrying the person who wrote the meme you posted.
On that we can agree . LIARS will not inherit the Kingdom of GOD .
a lie is anything that contradicts the WORD OF and the words of GOD . BIBLE TIME .
folks need to see something . have we been following the liar who cometh to decieve and twist scrips
and omit truth . OR are we and have we been FOLLOWING THE GOD , THE JESUS CHRIST of GOD .
BIBLE TIME .
Dont run to men . RUN TO GOD . Dont run to the books of men , RUN TO THE BOOK OF GOD .
THAT is how we gonna KNOW if we been following the god of lies or the GOD OF TRUTH .
BIBLE TIME . AND I DO SUGGEST with upmost urgency , YOU DO THIS FAST . AS IN RIGHT NOW .
You will not make it on the path you are on my friend . And beleive me when i say , I DESIRE not your death
but rather LIFE for you . OPEN THAT BIBLE and GET A SNORTFUL of it and never put it down .

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you should simply say lying is wrong and stop defending the homosexual lifestyle. Yes, there are other sins that are taking people to hell, but that doesn't justify defending any sins. How much comfort will it be to homosexuals burning in the Lake of Fire to know there are liars there with them? As Christians, we are to stand against sin, and encourage each other to be good disciples that seek to live righteous lives.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That almost sounds like an answer to my question; that you do realize that the Bible explicitly states that homosexuals will not inherent the kingdom of God.

Now, can you understand that a loving Christian would want everyone inherent God’s kingdom?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That almost sounds like an answer to my question; that you do realize that the Bible explicitly states that homosexuals will not inherent the kingdom of God.

Now, can you understand that a loving Christian would want everyone inherent God’s kingdom?
How is dehumanizing a minority and posting mems filled with lies in any way loving?