Miracles and Christians ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
it seems the reaction of latter day and present day Christians has not changed from those of early Christians from one of distrust and demonic to anything supernatural - compare Mk.6:52 miracles and hardening of hearts with the miracles in [The song of Bernadette] and the hardening of present day hearts - twinc

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
it seems the reaction of latter day and present day Christians has not changed from those of early Christians from one of distrust and demonic to anything supernatural - compare Mk.6:52 miracles and hardening of hearts with the miracles in [The song of Bernadette] and the hardening of present day hearts - twinc

For a very simply reason, so many claim of a miracle today on examination often turn out to not to be miraculus.

Jesus called his miracles, signs, indicators that pointed out who and what he was.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
For a very simply reason, so many claim of a miracle today on examination often turn out to not to be miraculus.

Jesus called his miracles, signs, indicators that pointed out who and what he was.

a miracle is a miracle is a miracle - twinc

Albert Finch

Apr 13, 2009
Houston, Texas USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:12 - "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to the Father."

The miracles of Jesus were a demonstration of how the authority of the Kingdom of Heaven has dominion over any condition on the earth. To the degree that we abide in the Kingdom by abiding in the King, we too can walk in authority over any condition on the earth.
Jesus demonstrated this with His life, and this is what He has called us to walk in. It is a high calling, and such authority can only come from abiding in the King who is above all rule, authority, and dominion. So our primary goal should not just be power or authority, but the One who has all power and authority. Even so, at the end of this age, His Body is going to demonstrate His power, dominion, Miracles - 14.jpg and authority to prepare the way for His coming Kingdom.

OUR GOAL IS JESUS

John 17:22-23: - "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You did send Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me."

When the Church matures and becomes what she is called to, it will be in such unity that the world will marvel.

This authority of the Kingdom will coincide with the Gospel of the Kingdom being preached. One basic characteristic of those who walk in this authority is that they will be in unity with one another. This authority can only come from abiding in the King, and those who are rightly joined to the King will also be rightly joined to His Body.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
John 14:12 - "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to the Father."

The miracles of Jesus were a demonstration of how the authority of the Kingdom of Heaven has dominion over any condition on the earth. To the degree that we abide in the Kingdom by abiding in the King, we too can walk in authority over any condition on the earth.
Jesus demonstrated this with His life, and this is what He has called us to walk in. It is a high calling, and such authority can only come from abiding in the King who is above all rule, authority, and dominion. So our primary goal should not just be power or authority, but the One who has all power and authority. Even so, at the end of this age, His Body is going to demonstrate His power, dominion, View attachment 1936 and authority to prepare the way for His coming Kingdom.

OUR GOAL IS JESUS

John 17:22-23: - "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You did send Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me."

When the Church matures and becomes what she is called to, it will be in such unity that the world will marvel.

This authority of the Kingdom will coincide with the Gospel of the Kingdom being preached. One basic characteristic of those who walk in this authority is that they will be in unity with one another. This authority can only come from abiding in the King, and those who are rightly joined to the King will also be rightly joined to His Body.

what has this got to do with the original post - twinc

kit

Mar 20, 2018
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've witnessed miracles, praise God! But even prior I believed that God uses miracles. I guess I've been blessed with a heart thats content with mystery. Just anecdotally, it seems to me that miracles around finance, life plans, family plans are more widely accepted by Christians than if someone is healed of an illness.

I can understand doubt though. Especially when it comes from a place of pain. If someones been lied to by a tele evangelist promising miracles for money for instance. I'd pray that all believers can rest in the fullness of God. I suspect we've all got a ways to go. So while I'm blessed in the knowledge of miracles, others are blessed where I'm still void.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Everything, as Christians believe that Jesus did actually do miracles. What most Christians would question is the authentisity of accounts of miracles performed today.

a miracle is a miracle = no problem imho - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only if one knows it is a miracle and not a co-incidence.

Im no longer sure that there is really such a thing as coincidences in our life anymore...I believe God is more active in our life than we think that he is...my belief is , so are angels. :)
I don't think they just float around sing " Praise God " all day...I am sure God keeps them busy "ministering to the heirs of salvation.."

Bless you...H

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If manifestations claimed to be of The Holy Spirit are found in any... other religion, then that is direct proof those manifestations are NOT... of The Holy Spirit.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Watched the video.

Trouble is, because of people like Todd Bentley...often the baby gets tossed out with the bath water.
But, that after all IS the devil's whole plan...to cause that to happen.

Wherever there is God's truth, there will alway be the counterfeit too.
That's why God gave the gift of discerning of spirits to the body of christ...

Reactions: mjrhealth

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think most Christians not understanding that there very existence being a miracle is a big part of the problem. If life itself isn't a miracle, then that doesn't help in them believing any other miracle. The "education system" telling them that they are a bag of dirt and atoms who evolved from pond scum will ensure it mostly stays that way. Evolution won't give anyone a good reason to believe in miracles to start with.

Link: In U.S., Belief in Creationist View of Humans at New Low

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've been the recipient of many miracles but do not share them unless I have an unction from the Holy Spirit.

The wisdom of casting pearls statement that Jesus made will be one that must be painfully learned for many that have been touched by a miracle. I can say from experience that swine tusks are very sharp and the swine very vicious in their use.

God never changes and is still performing miracles every day. About those swine. They grunt and squeal declaring their denial of God's continuance in doing miracles today.

BUT. If and when they find themselves or their loved ones in dire need of a genuine God wrought miracle, they will toss those false doctrines out the door, get down on their prayer bones and begin to assail heaven with pleas to perform those miracles that they were denying and assaulting the day before. Regretfully many of them profess to be believers. They have a form of Godliness but deny the power of God as says the scripture.

2 Timothy 3:5,7 KJVS
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. [7] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

These are the skinny cows of Genesis 41.

There is a component of miracle I never knew until long after the Lord sent them. That is that you will be assaulted spiritually to a degree that is above what you've experienced before. Our son was fortold to us and it came to pass. We endured much unbelief ridicule and derision when we witnessed what we were told by Jesus. It is not pleasant.

The Lord, in the word He gave me, said "the mouths of the scoffers will be shut at the telling". I must say we thoroughly enjoyed seeing mouths drop open when Jesus told me my wife was pregnant.

I cannot begin to tell you what things our son endured. Because he was raised close to God he had horrible things happen in school. He was labeled a homo because he did not participate in having sex with the round heeled girls that offered themselves to him. Prayer was our only defense. Thank God we've been set in the wilderness.

You will be set apart by miracles. I've never heard a message on this but Lazarus suffered a lot of rejection and loneliness after Jesus raised him from death. People were afraid of this man who had been dead and was now alive. 2000 years ago or today men are superstitious and fearful. If you've received a miracle of any sort from our God then you've an idea of what I'm saying.

It's God who does these things that men can't explain and we marvel. The scoffers scoff while believers rejoice. It's not hard to recognize His hand in things if you believe. To those that believe no explanation is necessary. To unbelievers no explanation will suffice.

To the unbelievers He says;

Acts 13:41 KJVS
Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen