MKL and sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2013/08/25/flashback-bryant-gumbel-insists-mlks-adultery-should-be-censored-print-l

Martin Luther King is one of my heroes, even though I don't agree with everything he tried to do as far as gov;t and wealth redistribution.
He didn't just talk but actually LIVED the non-violence protocols put forth by Ghandi.
He risked his life many times to live what he preached and Americans today owe him much.
I remember my father telling me that he felt that parts of MLK's 'I have a dream speech' were likely divinely inspired.

What I want to asking for is opinion. It is known that MLK was unfaithful to his wife on multiple occasions, including the night before he died (FBI reports show this). My question is, if he did not repent before he was shot and died, is he going to hell because of the sin in his life?

It is not a flippant question. If David had died while involved with Bathsheba before the prophet Nathan spoke with him and he repented, I believe that David would be going to hell.

A couple of years after I first became a Christian, I became involved with a woman (we were both single) and for a period (longer than I want to admit) I chose sex over salvation. If I had died during that time I feel confident that the ongoing sin would have cost me my salvation.

You all already know that repentance isn't just saying your sorry for a sin, but also intending in your heart to do your very best never to do that sin again. If this infidelity had been an ongoing part of his life, then it is likely that there was no time between when he woke up next to whomever, and walked out the door and was shot, and there was no repentance.

Again, we don't know what transpired the morning before MLK walked out of his hotel room or if he was conscious long enough after being shot to make amends with God.

I do however believe what the Word says: "And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment," - Heb. 9:27
That scripture leaves no room for the concept of making amends for sin after you die via Purgatory.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.
19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.
22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,
23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?
25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.
Chapter 8
Deliverance from Bondage
1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
M L K was a man ,just like the rest of us,and being a man he was sinful just like everyone else.here is alist of some famous sinners.

King David-Amurderer and adulterer

Solomon- Built and worshipped Idols

Moses-A murderer

Jacob-A liar and a thief

Samson-fornicated with prostitutes and murderer

Peter the diciple-denied Christ 3 times.

and the list goes on and on,"let he who is without sin cast the first stone"With the blood of Jesus we can all be washed of our sins.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
If MLK lived the exact same life he did , but had white skin , would he still be held in high esteem ?

If Barack Obama was the exact same personality except a Republican with white skin , would he have been elected President ?

Why does Oprah Winfrey judge everybody by the color of their skin ?

Why do Americans with brown skin always bring up skin color ?

Why do African - Americans always insert the word "African" in their description ?

I find those things puzzling and segregationist

Reactions: jiggyfly

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Foreigner said:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2013/08/25/flashback-bryant-gumbel-insists-mlks-adultery-should-be-censored-print-l

Martin Luther King is one of my heroes, even though I don't agree with everything he tried to do as far as gov;t and wealth redistribution.
He didn't just talk but actually LIVED the non-violence protocols put forth by Ghandi.
He risked his life many times to live what he preached and Americans today owe him much.
I remember my father telling me that he felt that parts of MLK's 'I have a dream speech' were likely divinely inspired.

What I want to asking for is opinion. It is known that MLK was unfaithful to his wife on multiple occasions, including the night before he died (FBI reports show this). My question is, if he did not repent before he was shot and died, is he going to hell because of the sin in his life?

It is not a flippant question. If David had died while involved with Bathsheba before the prophet Nathan spoke with him and he repented, I believe that David would be going to hell.

A couple of years after I first became a Christian, I became involved with a woman (we were both single) and for a period (longer than I want to admit) I chose sex over salvation. If I had died during that time I feel confident that the ongoing sin would have cost me my salvation.

You all already know that repentance isn't just saying your sorry for a sin, but also intending in your heart to do your very best never to do that sin again. If this infidelity had been an ongoing part of his life, then it is likely that there was no time between when he woke up next to whomever, and walked out the door and was shot, and there was no repentance.

Again, we don't know what transpired the morning before MLK walked out of his hotel room or if he was conscious long enough after being shot to make amends with God.

I do however believe what the Word says: "And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment," - Heb. 9:27
That scripture leaves no room for the concept of making amends for sin after you die via Purgatory.
Hi Foreigner

God is not retarded / stupid. He searches the depths of our hearts. If we were / are saved we sunk to a depth of hearts intent when we accepted Him. Just like proposal / marriage shows a depth beyond a simple relationship. To break a marriage takes continuing in adultery. That shows a complete change of hearts desire where sincere repentance can no longer exist. Hence, to break what we have with God takes falling 100% for sin / selfishness. Continuing in an extremity of rebellion / letting the flesh rule at an extremity such as murdering (9/10) / adultery (9/10) / fornication (7/10) / homosexuality (9/10) / stealing from bank (1/10) / stealing from poor (9/10) is shipwrecking our salvation.

Just picture what you have to do to shipwreck a ''ship''. MLK and every genuine Christian in this day is an ocean liner, not a speedboat :).

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
justaname said:
18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.
19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.
22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,
23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?
25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.
Chapter 8
Deliverance from Bondage
1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

This! ^^^

1 John 5:13 says, "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."

Being a Christian doesn't mean that one will never again sin. The Apostle Paul lamented about the fact that he continued to sin although he didn't want to. Because the late Dr. MLK was trusting in Christ alone for eternal life, the shed blood of Jesus covered Dr. King's sins. Dr. King's name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life. So, Dr. King is safe from the lake of fire (Rev. 20).