More CATS; Commonly Accepted Theological Stew

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Daniel, 9:24-27 - the mysterious seventy sevens. I’ve seen a posting on here and it is closer than most, but still misses the target. Thoughts on seventy sevens, seven sevens, the seven, and abomination that causes desolation?

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hints. It’s not about the physical restoration of Israel or Jerusalem or a mysterious seven year apocalyptic period - this is all CATS. Any other thoughts besides the usual? And please, there is no need to try to prove the CATS because we’ve all seen it, including another recent thread, and it just never seems to add up.

Reactions: Jay Ross

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Timothy 2:23​

“But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.​

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Timothy 2:23​

“But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Philippians 4:8​

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.​

I’m not following the connection so please clarify if you don’t mind.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My understanding is that C.A.T.S. stands for Commonly Accepted Theological Soup. The theology has the stew watered down so much and pureed so finely that there is no longer any substance left to chew the cud over so as to come to any useful conclusions concerning life everlasting.

Cats may purr and pay you attention, but in their heart, they are still a wild beast with a killing disposition.

Reactions: Bibleinvestigations

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a big CAT person either of animal ...and or especially doctrine of men.
The DOG (doctrine of God) is my only source of faith, practice, and Truth.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Book of Daniel, 9:24-27 - the mysterious seventy sevens. I’ve seen a posting on here and it is closer than most, but still misses the target. Thoughts on seventy sevens, seven sevens, the seven, and abomination that causes desolation?
All fulfilled by and through Messiah, at Calvary and the destruction of Jerusalem, in 70 contiguous weeks of years i.e. 490 contiguous years.

The abomination that caused desolation was the Roman armies. Luke 21:20

Not mysterious except to dispensational futurists, who deny the Scriptural fulfillments, attempt to decapitate the 70th week, and are mystified because they have no idea when the fulfillments will occur.

Reactions: rwb

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All fulfilled by and through Messiah, at Calvary and the destruction of Jerusalem, in 70 contiguous weeks of years i.e. 490 contiguous years.

The abomination that caused desolation was the Roman armies. Luke 21:20

Not mysterious except to dispensational futurists, who deny the Scriptural fulfillments, attempt to decapitate the 70th week, and are mystified because they have no idea when the fulfillments will occur.
Theological stew or soup as one person put it. It’s the same old story that justly doesn’t add up. For starters, just ask the following basic questions:
1. Why is the Roman army so important through the histoy or the New Testament that is full of armies, battles, the spreading of terror, and persecution of Christians?
2. What Is the significance of the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 when Israel’s kingdom has been gone for nearly 600 years?
3. How does your theory address Jesus other than predicting a mysterious seven year period thrown into the distant future to help explain that which hadn’t been explained In the theory?

It all doesn’t add up.

I was hoping to get some other thought to see if anyone else is getting the real scoop. So far I’m encouraged by the responses discounting the theological stew.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Theological stew or soup as one person put it. It’s the same old story that justly doesn’t add up. For starters, just ask the following basic questions:
1. Why is the Roman army so important through the histoy or the New Testament that is full of armies, battles, the spreading of terror, and persecution of Christians?
2. What Is the significance of the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 when Israel’s kingdom has been gone for nearly 600 years?
3. How does your theory address Jesus other than predicting a mysterious seven year period thrown into the distant future to help explain that which hadn’t been explained In the theory?

It all doesn’t add up.

I was hoping to get some other thought to see if anyone else is getting the real scoop. So far I’m encouraged by the responses discounting the theological stew.
So it's your turn to tell us what does add up.

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it's your turn to tell us what does add up.
The results of my investigation are summarized in a book That is in the final stages of publication. Once it is finished, I’ll present the keys that helped me unravel those passages and more. In the meantime, I was interested in learning more about what others think besides the usual theological stew.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The results of my investigation are summarized in a book That is in the final stages of publication. Once it is finished, I’ll present the keys that helped me unravel those passages and more. In the meantime, I was interested in learning more about what others think besides the usual theological stew.
I was going to comment. Thank goodness I didn't. Your answer is in your book. My answer is here (but I'm hiding the page that mentions anything about the 70 weeks or about either the 7 priests blowing 7 trumpets for 7 days and the walls of Jericho falling the 7th day, the 7th time the people marched around the city, at the sounding of the 7th trumpet. Or about the 7 seals, 7 trumpets and 7 last plagues).

Last edited:

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was going to comment. Thank goodness I didn't. Your answer is in your book. My answer is here (but I'm hiding the page that mentions anything about the 70 weeks or about either the 7 priests blowing 7 trumpets for 7 days and the walls of Jericho falling the 7th day, the 7th time the people marched around the city, at the sounding of the 7th trumpet. Or about the 7 seals, 7 trumpets and 7 last plagues).
I hadn’t considered the scripture you reference and on the surface from your posting, it seems like they may connect to Daniel 9:24-27 and to Revelation. It is interesting and I’d love to hear your thoughts on how they tie in if you have the time. A major clue and the key to unlocking those passages in Daniel is found in Revelation. These two prophetic books are not only inseparable, the are only understood through combining their scripture.

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hadn’t considered the scripture you reference and on the surface from your posting, it seems like they may connect to Daniel 9:24-27 and to Revelation. It is interesting and I’d love to hear your thoughts on how they tie in if you have the time. A major clue and the key to unlocking those passages in Daniel is found in Revelation. These two prophetic books are not only inseparable, the are only understood through combining their scripture.
BTW, I opened the link to your claim that the answer is ”here” but I dont see the connection.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding is that C.A.T.S. stands for Commonly Accepted Theological Soup. The theology has the stew watered down so much and pureed so finely that there is no longer any substance left to chew the cud over so as to come to any useful conclusions concerning life everlasting.

Cats may purr and pay you attention, but in their heart, they are still a wild beast with a killing disposition.
beware of cats and of rats too . Readily accepted theological soup . they run hand in hand .
And beware its twin brother rats . Rancid awful theological slop . Cause him and his brother
run hand in hand .

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you can tell us via this forum what doesn't add up, then you should also be able via this forum to tell us what does add up.

That doesn't require a book.

Last edited:

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can tell us via this forum what doesn't add up, then you should also be able via this forum to tell us what does add up.

What would make you think it wouldn’t require a book? Already gave one major key to solving it, and what about all those sevens you presented? Seven must mean something important. I just gave you another key.

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BTW, I made a general statement about the theological stew that gets regurgitated and never made sense to me. I was intrigued by your posting about the trumpets, seals, etc., and asked for more information. It wasn’t a sarcastic request - it was sincere, because I understand that there is so much more to learn.