Newton's Riddle, Daniel 9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
from http://prophecyforum.com/bramlett/newtons_riddle.html

Feb 27, 2008, excerpt

"Newton was a devout believer in Christ and Bible scholar, fluent in ancient languages, and who translated directly from the Hebrew and Greek. He was unusually drawn to the prophet Daniel, which he began studying at age 12 and continued until he died at age 85. In fact, The Columbia History of the World, a secular history book, remarks, "At the end of his days he spent more time studying and writing about the prophecies in the Book of Daniel than he did in charting the heavens." Apparently, God Himself put in Newton's heart this burning desire to study Daniel, then gave him the key to the timing of Christ's return.

"Newton's understanding of one key passage in Daniel chapter 9 is fundamentally different from that of most common interpretations. In about 550 B.C., God gave the prophet Daniel a view of history to the end. From Daniel 9:25, scholars usually add the "seven weeks (of years, or 49 years) and 62 weeks (434 years)" to get 483 years and calculate the time of Messiah's First Coming. However, Newton says there is no linguistic basis for adding those two numbers (49 and 434), and to do so is "doing violence to the language of Daniel." Newton says the two numbers separately speak of both the First and Second Coming, both being counted from the "going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem." Some commentators agree.

"Newton says the "62 weeks," or 434-year part was fulfilled at the First Coming, and the "seven weeks," or 49-year part will apply to the Second Coming. And three centuries ago he saw in the Scriptures and wrote about the rebirth of Israel at a time when such a thought was preposterous. Amazingly by faith and understanding of the Scriptures, he foresaw a "friendly kingdom" someday again issuing the "commandment to restore and build Jerusalem." Now, centuries later, that "friendly kingdom" may have been the United Nations, which decreed Israel's rebirth in November, 1947, causing Israel to be reborn in May, 1948.

"However, my speculations back then wrongly assumed the final 49-year count began when Israel was born in 1948. At the time, I thought we were so close to the Lord's return it did not occur to me that the count should probably begin on June 7, 1967, when Israel captured Jerusalem and the Temple Mount."

He goes on to say that adding 360 days (for the old Jewish year) times 49 years that that takes us to the day of Atonement on September 23rd, 2015. He says that 7 biblical years prior to this would be Day of Atonement 2008, and therefore Jesus could return anytime from when the letter is written until the Day of Atonement, 2008.

The problem is that the pre-tribulation Rapture is unbiblical and he is not even correct in his eschatological assumptions.

I believe Newton had a key to understanding this Chapter 9 of Daniel and more people need to hear his words. It is doing violence it would seem to add these numbers together. What we may actually see in the vicinity of 2015 is a Daniel 9:27 covenant produced. This would fit with Newton's theory and would allow our days to continue a final seven years. My speculation is, and has been for some time, that we will see such a treaty prior to the end of 2016 and that this treaty will be produced by the American government.

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are curious about what happens in 2016, this article is my personal favorite about when the Tribulation begins: http://wakeupbabylon.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-day-and-hour-everyone-should-know.html

He puts it at 6-5-16 in a very lengthy post backing every bit of it up.

I think it is 6-4-16, the 1261st day after 12-21-12 and then the sudden destruction occurs on 6-5-16 as he describes.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
from http://prophecyforum...ons_riddle.html

Feb 27, 2008, excerpt

"Newton was a devout believer in Christ and Bible scholar, fluent in ancient languages, and who translated directly from the Hebrew and Greek. He was unusually drawn to the prophet Daniel, which he began studying at age 12 and continued until he died at age 85. In fact, The Columbia History of the World, a secular history book, remarks, "At the end of his days he spent more time studying and writing about the prophecies in the Book of Daniel than he did in charting the heavens." Apparently, God Himself put in Newton's heart this burning desire to study Daniel, then gave him the key to the timing of Christ's return.

"Newton's understanding of one key passage in Daniel chapter 9 is fundamentally different from that of most common interpretations. In about 550 B.C., God gave the prophet Daniel a view of history to the end. From Daniel 9:25, scholars usually add the "seven weeks (of years, or 49 years) and 62 weeks (434 years)" to get 483 years and calculate the time of Messiah's First Coming. However, Newton says there is no linguistic basis for adding those two numbers (49 and 434), and to do so is "doing violence to the language of Daniel." Newton says the two numbers separately speak of both the First and Second Coming, both being counted from the "going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem." Some commentators agree.

"Newton says the "62 weeks," or 434-year part was fulfilled at the First Coming, and the "seven weeks," or 49-year part will apply to the Second Coming. And three centuries ago he saw in the Scriptures and wrote about the rebirth of Israel at a time when such a thought was preposterous. Amazingly by faith and understanding of the Scriptures, he foresaw a "friendly kingdom" someday again issuing the "commandment to restore and build Jerusalem." Now, centuries later, that "friendly kingdom" may have been the United Nations, which decreed Israel's rebirth in November, 1947, causing Israel to be reborn in May, 1948.

"However, my speculations back then wrongly assumed the final 49-year count began when Israel was born in 1948. At the time, I thought we were so close to the Lord's return it did not occur to me that the count should probably begin on June 7, 1967, when Israel captured Jerusalem and the Temple Mount."

He goes on to say that adding 360 days (for the old Jewish year) times 49 years that that takes us to the day of Atonement on September 23rd, 2015. He says that 7 biblical years prior to this would be Day of Atonement 2008, and therefore Jesus could return anytime from when the letter is written until the Day of Atonement, 2008.

The problem is that the pre-tribulation Rapture is unbiblical and he is not even correct in his eschatological assumptions.

I believe Newton had a key to understanding this Chapter 9 of Daniel and more people need to hear his words. It is doing violence it would seem to add these numbers together. What we may actually see in the vicinity of 2015 is a Daniel 9:27 covenant produced. This would fit with Newton's theory and would allow our days to continue a final seven years. My speculation is, and has been for some time, that we will see such a treaty prior to the end of 2016 and that this treaty will be produced by the American government.

Sorry, but one CANNOT use a 360-day year, no matter how you slice it! The Jewish year was NOT 360 days, not even the proverbial "prophetic year!" That just doesn't make any sense! Any calculations involving such a monstrosity is doomed to failure.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Newton's prophecy failed then, because it's now 2012 and Christ has still not yet returned to this day.

Dan 9:25
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
(KJV)

How can that be about a future restoration of Israel after... Christ's first coming???

I don't know where Newton got his speculations, maybe from some of the mystical fraternities they claim he was a member of, like the Rosicrucians? That right there ought to be enough to question his Biblical understanding.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
(KJV)

Veteran wrote: " How can that be about a future restoration of Israel after... Christ's first coming??? "

I must agree with you Veteran as the "wall" today and for a long time does not require building, nor the street.
Repair may need to be done or even possbily some re-building, but not building.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
(KJV)

Veteran wrote: " How can that be about a future restoration of Israel after... Christ's first coming??? "

I must agree with you Veteran as the "wall" today and for a long time does not require building, nor the street.
Repair may need to be done or even possbily some re-building, but not building.

Yet the literal temple of Ezekiel will ... be built. Christ builds it when He returns, not us.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Why is one trying to impregnate Christian Prophecy with the Myan ?spellin? calendar? Had the Myans been able to understand the future so well, they certainly would have been able to see their own demise and would have left information as to why, how, who or when they would become extinct. I expect that December 2012 will come and go with little change, other than the estute people that deciphered their calendar will come up with a new date.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
terry said:
Why is one trying to impregnate Christian Prophecy with the Myan ?spellin? calendar? Had the Myans been able to understand the future so well, they certainly would have been able to see their own demise and would have left information as to why, how, who or when they would become extinct. I expect that December 2012 will come and go with little change, other than the estute people that deciphered their calendar will come up with a new date.
The December 21 date could be used by Muslim's to enhance their self-fulfilling prophecies. The Mahdi is said to return in 2013. But the region (Mid-East) must first be in chaos and Amadinejad believes it's incumbent upon him to bring the region into conditions ripe for the Mahdi's return. One disagreemnet among Muslim's is "Who will welcome the Mahdi when he returns."

If the next 9-11 comes around the end of December the Muslim's could use that round of atrocities as support that Myan and Islamic prophecy is passing. BUT! " Where is Christian prophecy?" Everyone is still here. The world is going bad. There is no global dictator and no global religion. But Myan and Islamic prophecy is 'passing'!

The end of the Mayan calendar doesn't mean the world ends. But I do believe that Muslim's could use that date to support their own prophecies. It's possible that around that date or soon after we could see the beginning of tribulation. i.e. the next 9/11.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
When are you people going to realize that satan has a 1000 names and treats to lure away from the single truth of Christ.
Your like the blind men all touching the "beast " elephant in the world, and saying I found the truth, you need to take of the blind fold and step back and realize that we will all be delivered from the corruption of this world; to be in the world but not part of it. "Deception" It has a 1000s names and faces but its all the same monster. Jesus; -->> You are ether for me or against me.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
Rex said:
When are you people going to realize that satan has a 1000 names and treats to lure away from the single truth of Christ.
Your like the blind men all touching the "beast " elephant in the world, and saying I found the truth, you need to take of the blind fold and step back and realize that we will all be delivered from the corruption of this world; to be in the world but not part of it. "Deception" It has a 1000s names and faces but its all the same monster. Jesus; -->> You are ether for me or against me.
There's about 36 names for Lucifer. What is it we are suppose to realize about that?
And just what is it that you're getting at?
The only way we will be delivered from the corruption of this world is either by divine intervention. We will all be here to endure the entire tribulation period.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
kaoticprofit said:
There's about 36 names for Lucifer. What is it we are suppose to realize about that?
And just what is it that you're getting at?
The only way we will be delivered from the corruption of this world is either by divine intervention. We will all be here to endure the entire tribulation period.
That your missing the larger picture by simply pointing to Islam as the sole perpetrator of end time events.
You like the other full time - end time Prophets "interpreter's" here, can't see the forest for the trees.
Each is to consumed with the revelation of the trunk or tail or legs.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
That your missing the larger picture by simply pointing to Islam as the sole perpetrator of end time events.
Rex said:
You like the other full time - end time Prophets "interpreter's" here, can't see the forest for the trees.
Each is to consumed with the revelation of the trunk or tail or legs.
There is no larger picture of the perpetrator of end-time evil other than Islam. The prophecied evil religion of the end times will not be a conglomerate of all the worlds religions. Babylon the Great is one single entity. A large false religion that commits the abominations of the earth. What other religion on earth today commits the atrocities that Islam does? Islam is the only religion on earth capable of commiting the abominations set forth in God's Word. The only people they hate more than Israel is themselves. Their atrocities are constantly in the daily news. Here is your monthly jihad report for October. Novembers will be out sometime today.

Monthly Jihad Report
October, 2012

Jihad Attacks:
Countries:
Religions:
Dead Bodies:
Critically Injured:

209 jihad attacks in 26 countries against 5 religions with 911 dead and 1464 critically injured. This is Babylon the Great. This is Appolyon and Abaddon. And we are not yet in tribulation.

Islam will be responsible for Jerusalem becomming a harlot. East Jerusalem becomes the prophecied harlot when the abomination occurs and authenticates himself in God's "holy place" i.e. "The Dome of the Rock," and not in a rebuilt temple. This event will not only authenticate who the antichrist is but also prove that Islam is the religion of the beasts otherwise known as Babylon the Great.

John's vision of the whore that rides the ten horned beast is symbolic of a religion and it's abominations, a city, and a ten nation Islamic empire. The harlot 'sits upon' which means 'occupies' the ten horned beast which means that Babylon the Great, or the false religion of Islam is the dominate religion of the coming ten nation Islamic Empire of the beast i.e. an Arab/Islamic Empire. The jihadist are promised virgins in paradise and special favors for their families for commit these dreadful abominations of nuclear, biological, chemical, and suicide attacks. The next wave of worldwide Islamic attacks will authenticate the beginning of tribulation. The "mystery" about Babylon is soon to be revealed. But many won't accept it because it goes against what they already believe.
And by the way. I'm not a prophet. I am a Christian. There are no longer any prophets,

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Rex, Kaoticprofit may for his reasonings narrowed his scope to Islam, but I have nbot, yet you claimed everyone here. Also that statement makes it pretty clear that kaoticprofit is wrong, but he may not be wrong at all.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Terry there is a handful of people that participate in rev interpretation in dozens of threads, you being one.
One thing is clear that none of you ever tire of expressing opinion,
Most when confronted with contrary evidence and opinion get upset.
They can't resist opening another endless unprovable disagreement in any thread that may include a prophesy.

What the all share is the common delusion that they are absolutely right, they are convinced that they fully comprehend Rev

You yourself have eluded to knowing the two witnesses of Rev you also claim to be training them. http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/5878-the-two-witnesses/page-6#entry176148
Another common denominator is they all for lack of a better term have no reservation in bending twisting manipulating the book into as many different interpretations as there are people that participate.

I can't help but wonder If some of them ignoring the warning " Rev 22:18-19 " have become the victims of there own obsession.
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

It doesn't appear to me that Rev is some kind of board game to be played by rolling dice and advancing your avatar in hope of winning a game.
Sadly --->>> that is exactly what it looks like.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Rex wrote: (left in black)
Terry there is a handful of people that participate in rev interpretation in dozens of threads, you being one.
You are correct here.

One thing is clear that none of you ever tire of expressing opinion To this I would say; Guilty as Charged - dang it, so i will reside on my intentions... and ask for forgiveness where I am in error.

You yourself have eluded to knowing the two witnesses of Rev you also claim to be training them. That I do

I do claim : Teaching them and oh so much more. Throughout my post you ralrey see me "reciting scripture" there is a reason for that, unlock that reason and you will learn more " of " me.- sounds like I am tooting my horn, i realize this, but later when things are known - this will become clearified.

AHHHH this one is cute....with a clue too...
" Another common denominator is they all for lack of a better term have no reservation in bending twisting manipulating the book into as many different interpretations as there are people that participate.

I can't help but wonder If some of them ignoring the warning " Rev 22:18-19 " have become the victims of there own obsession.
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. "

Yes many should be afraid of this.. but I do figure that as long as their defense is they are trying to learn through expression....
as for me... it is not possible that I could fit in that category - ask the Two Witnesses why.. they know. Of course to do that - one must first come up with a valid test for them, that I reveal their identity and they can be tested -then you can ask - or wait until their time starts and the you may know. BUT by all means... wait until a valid test is given or their time starts, before labelling me.
And understand this.... I do oh so much understand how presumptious I must seem, please, just bare with me on this matter.

Aboard game? Consider that Stan's chances of wining are absolute zero.... tis but a "Game" for God - God knew victory before the "game" was afoot. Yes, lives are at stake, but consider God's love is o great What is won is FREE LOVE. God could easily have created robots that would love God because it is all they knew. Instead God wanted love for him because the people want to love him, for no reason than it is what THESE PEOPLE WANT. Imagine how valid that is for a God so much Greater than the people he created. God has numbered every hair... This is how specific and precise, oh how awesome. the Word GAME does require a heap more intense definition than our simple superficial understanding of : game, for the stakes are so high.

Consider.... Without TIME everything is PRESENT. Without SPACE everything is FEEL Cannot God see everyting as present and everything as feel? And so, God already knows.

Stymied as we are, we try to unlock the things of the future aswe drive toward our quest with all of our prejudices in tow, restricted somewhat by our perspectives and yet we are in a forum attempting to pry open our minds and the minds of others, that truth can be discovered... As long as we remember this... we have a chance to reach resolve.

Oh, one final thing..... Hi Rex!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Rex.
Rex said:
Most when confronted with contrary evidence and opinion get upset.
They can't resist opening another endless unprovable disagreement in any thread that may include a prophesy.

What the all share is the common delusion that they are absolutely right, they are convinced that they fully comprehend Rev

You yourself have eluded to knowing the two witnesses of Rev you also claim to be training them. http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/5878-the-two-witnesses/page-6#entry176148
Another common denominator is they all for lack of a better term have no reservation in bending twisting manipulating the book into as many different interpretations as there are people that participate.

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

It doesn't appear to me that Rev is some kind of board game to be played by rolling dice and advancing your avatar in hope of winning a game.
Sadly --->>> that is exactly what it looks like.
You're right! We've come full circle. Isn't it interesting how it used to be said, "Put any two Rabbis together, and you will have three opinions"? Now, you could say that about those who call themselves Christians!

Annnngh! What are we going to do? "The more things change, the more they stay the same." Oh, well; "what goes around, comes around ... and around ... and around ... and...."

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, Rex.

You're right! We've come full circle. Isn't it interesting how it used to be said, "Put any two Rabbis together, and you will have three opinions"? Now, you could say that about those who call themselves Christians!

Annnngh! What are we going to do? "The more things change, the more they stay the same." Oh, well; "what goes around, comes around ... and around ... and around ... and...."
Maybe work out our own salvation with fear and trembling --->> instead of like your driving a freight train threw the temple doors. Then trying to reconstruct the evidence of the wreck to determine what it looked like before brought in our preconceptions "freight train"

At least your sane / rational, and seemingly having a willingness to reason

terry said:
You yourself have eluded to knowing the two witnesses of Rev you also claim to be training them. That I do

I do claim : Teaching them and oh so much more. Throughout my post you ralrey see me "reciting scripture" there is a reason for that, unlock that reason and you will learn more " of " me.- sounds like I am tooting my horn, i realize this, but later when things are known - this will become clearified.
I don't have a clue nor a desire about unlocking the reason, But thanks for replying
Someday it will all become clear to both of us. That bit I'm sure of.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Rex wrote: " Terry there is a handful of people that participate in rev interpretation in dozens of threads, you being one.
Most when confronted with contrary evidence and opinion get upset. - unfortunately - guilty as charged at times, but I'm trying

What the all share is the common delusion that they are absolutely right, they are convinced that they fully comprehend Rev "

Rex i try not to be above correction and often times include the words ... perhaps, maybe, probably and more in order to show where there are possibilities of error in my understandings. Please have patience with me - I'm not a complete Idiot... some parts are still missing !