Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But it does give weight to John 6:29 which you never seem to like for some reason. Jesus followers just asked Him.."what should we do to work the works of God." And then it says :- “Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom he hath sent.
the reason i don't like it is because that is not what the Bible says, "believe," it says "have faith in," which is a different concept to me, infers "picking up your cross" etc. Christ can be perceived as spending much of His ministry specifically stating to people in various ways that He was not to be worshipped, but followed

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nothing complicated there. That is all it takes...on the cross, or on the death bed. They sure don't have time to go out and commit any sins of missing the mark.
so are you a Constantinian then? waiting for your deathbed for baptism/conversion? why not?
if "saved" really means what you believe it means, why doesn't God just take you as soon as you are "saved?"

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so are you a Constantinian then? waiting for your deathbed for baptism/conversion? why not?
if "saved" really means what you believe it means, why doesn't God just take you as soon as you are "saved?"

Maybe because God is sovereign and he can do what he wants?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am still mulling over in my heart about Jesus dying once and for all..
So as I look at that, all men have been removed from the sin of Adam..so all are free, everyone!!
nothing more illuminating to me than forgiving someone who feels justified in committing sin; the fact that you have forgiven them does not mean that they will be comfortable around you any more without confessing and rebounding, i guess.

Loaning someone $10 will usually elicit the same lesson though; "Bob, i wonder why John is avoiding us, he usually gloms onto me like glue at these get-togethers." "Oh, i loaned him $10 last year." like that. course ol' John has completed the Salvation Checklist, see, and you could not, no way, convince him that he is lost, right

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Maybe because God is sovereign and he can do what he wants?
whomever is telling the story it is their story, may as well let them tell it i guess.
Meaning if that suffices for you, then bam go with that until a better understanding comes along, that's gotten me this far myself.
i certainly can't argue with the premise, although i disagree with the conclusion now

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Christ in our deathbed...
There is never any condition set to be saved as regards a time frame.
If one is honest, he can be saved even on his deathbed.
Scripture for this would be Mathew 20:1-16
The parable of the laborers.

As long as we remember that God cannot be mocked.
well i guess anything is possible, imo "deathbed conversion" pretty much = "maybe God will be mocked; i'm dying and it's worth a shot."
Obviously "Life, more abundantly" has been completely negated in that formula right, they are looking for "salvation" because they are in fear, not in love.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
WORK, is simply Doing a Service.

Men can DO a Service in the Carnal sense. Which is specifically Doing a service for MAN, himself or another man.

Men can Also DO a Service in the Spiritual sense.
Which is specifically Doing a Pleasing service for GOD.

IF a man is NOT "with" God; Nothing the man does, (even using Jesus' Name), IS a Pleasing service for God.

IF a man IS "with" God; the man "CAN" do works that "ARE" Pleasing to GOD, and God shall rewards such WORKS.

IOW - WITHOUT the Spirit of God, a man's works for God are MOOT.

A man WHO, chooses to CONFESS, and GIVE God (authority, right, the mans YES to Convert the man), that conversion BECOMES;

A mans FIRST, and MOST REASONABLE WORK (ie service) unto God....IS

Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren,
BY the mercies of God,
THAT ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy,
ACCEPTABLE unto God,
WHICH IS your reasonable SERVICE.

The thief hanging next to Jesus, DID
ONE thing and said nine words.

ONE - called on the Lord
Nine words -
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.

The thief, became forgiven, and saved;
And that day his body was buried, like Jesus'; and his living soul was in Paradise with Jesus' living soul.
Which "WAS" in the comfort side of hell, with Abraham's living soul (an all the other men's living soul's who were saved) sustained by the TREE of LIFE.

The thief, was converted, satisfactory to God; to be INCLUDED in Gods Kingdom.

Now shall that thief receive great rewards for doing a lifetime of works/service unto the Lord? No

God Bless,
Taken
ok, more rungs on that ladder wadr, the story can be read other ways too

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
whomever is telling the story it is their story, may as well let them tell it i guess.
Meaning if that suffices for you, then bam go with that until a better understanding comes along, that's gotten me this far myself.
i certainly can't argue with the premise, although i disagree with the conclusion now

I get the feeling you will be waiting a long time for a better understanding, but we shall see. It just seems to me like you aren't 100% sure of your salvation in Jesus Christ. If you are wondering why God doesn't just snatch you up now, well, I guess Moses and Elijah would have wondered the same thing, don't you think? One could say that they still had work to do for God on earth. Scripture shows that God will do as he pleases. And this kind of goes back to the discussion in the thread "Are we Divine". No one goes anywhere near heaven unless God specifically wants you there, dead or alive. Its not something that happens by default. Your faith doesn't make you special.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The only condition is: One must be alive in their own bodily life, (blood) to become saved.

That may have been an obvious intent in your comment....

But just clarifying; because some ARE teaching, those condemned to hell are also saved. That requires a more lengthy post, but just wanted to mention;
Time frame for a man is while his life (blood) is still functioning alive.

On the death-bed, at deaths door, absolutely a man can call on the Lord and become saved AND born again.

Yes.

God Bless,
Taken
It does seem obvious since after death it's too late.
Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
well i guess anything is possible, imo "deathbed conversion" pretty much = "maybe God will be mocked; i'm dying and it's worth a shot."
Obviously "Life, more abundantly" has been completely negated in that formula right, they are looking for "salvation" because they are in fear, not in love.
A deathbed conversion is not easy. The heart is too hard by then.
But with God anything is possible.

But you bring up an interesting question...
Can we be saved out of fear?? Or only love??

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Clown. lol
I am sure you ask questions to get answers that you already know. :)
( No idea what a Constantinian is!! Did you make that up? )
You know good and well that I maintain I was "saved" in 1964 August 23rd.
I was just referencing "death bed" because you did, or someone did. Maybe Heb 11 did.

As for "why doesn't God just zap us off to heaven the day we are saved."
You know the answer to that one too.
You know He told us to be fishers of men...and that can't be done 'in heaven.'
Plus, where would the test of faith and how we use the life that He has loaned to us be proved and tested it we get zapped out of here.

Be blessed and behave....H

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the reason i don't like it is because that is not what the Bible says, "believe," it says "have faith in," which is a different concept to me, infers "picking up your cross" etc. Christ can be perceived as spending much of His ministry specifically stating to people in various ways that He was not to be worshipped, but followed

Why is it always "either-or" with you? And never BOTH?? :rolleyes:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A deathbed conversion is not easy. The heart is too hard by then.
But with God anything is possible.

But you bring up an interesting question...
Can we be saved out of fear?? Or only love??

Hey..
That is a great question...start a new thread on it.
It will get lost on this thread, it's already got many rabbit trails on it.
That would make a great new discussion.
Go for it!! :)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Interesting post....I like that. ( Golly, so many different conversations going on in this thread...there should be more than one thread here !! Ha! )

Don't you find that people seem to get muddled up between sin and sins?

When I read threads I find people switch between the two...one moment they are talking about the root of sin which came via Adam...but the next moment they are really talking about "sins" = Missing the mark.
" Anything which is not of faith is sin".

It's easy to do..I have found myself doing this also!! Ha!
Maybe this is off topic and not belonging in this thread...

I saw Taken's response also...to me the mixture between sins, and sin is there too. Jesus delivered us from the curse of Adam's sin. He laid the axe to that root. We are not "in sin"...that was settled when we came to the Lord. Done.
1 John 1:7 " But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

Do we miss the mark? Fall short? therefore sin, yes, we know that. But we are not sinners. Sin has been dealt with once and for all.
On this Site I see people 'yipping on' about sin...but half the time they are talking about the imputed sin of Adam...yet somehow seem to think that that is still over problem. But that was "the old man" yet we are now in the new.
And we must at all times stay very aware of that, so that we are found in the over-comers and stop "missing the mark" on the stuff which trips us up!

Sorry, I got rambling here ...I tend to do that. :)
Rambling is good. Ideas emerge.
Sin as a noun
Sin as a verb
Even John spoke of it interchangeably in the verse you quoted, 1 John 1:7.
He's referring to sinning but says sin.
Since Jesus took away the sin of the world And the sins of the world,
I guess we can't be too fussy about how each word is used. It would be a losing battle.

However, you do bring up a good point...are we sinners?
We Do commit sins (you like this??), so does that make us sinners?
Would that identify our nature?
But we are a new creation...we are called saints now.
Is that our nature now?
What say you?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rambling is good. Ideas emerge.
Sin as a noun
Sin as a verb
Even John spoke of it interchangeably in the verse you quoted, 1 John 1:7.
He's referring to sinning but says sin.
Since Jesus took away the sin of the world And the sins of the world,
I guess we can't be too fussy about how each word is used. It would be a losing battle.

However, you do bring up a good point...are we sinners?
We Do commit sins (you like this??), so does that make us sinners?
Would that identify our nature?
But we are a new creation...we are called saints now.
Is that our nature now?
What say you?

Hmm now you have me musing further. :)
Would it be right to say that when 1 John 3:9 says- " Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
that he is speaking to the first sin...the choice to disobey God voice.
Which as I read it..Jesus came and destroyed what Satan did in the garden to man...Satan thought that he had destroyed man...but God sent The Man to destroy the work of the Devil.
But we still sin through the weakness of the flesh...we transgress the law of love. Somehow our 'self' nature gets in the way. Some days we dominate it, somedays the flesh weakness allows it to dominate us.
....which is why we are called to overcome daily, in and through Jesus Christ.

This I see as our daily walk of faith. ( for me the "once saved" bit, is in us acknowledging that Jesus Christ took my place on the cross...and His blood was shed for 'me'. ) The fight of faith is not having to daily keep saying ( but we do because we are still thankful and worship Him) 'thank you for saving me from the sin of Adam and rescuing me from hell.' No our fight of faith is endeavouring to walk in His Spirit and not keep falling to the lust of the flesh and all sins against love.

Thankfully As David in the Psalms said " For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust..."
Again I am reminded that God sees and knows each heart...e knows the true and He knows the posers....therefore He says in 1 John ..as we walk in His light as committedly as we can...with our whole heart toward Him..then the blood of Jesus cleanses us as we walk the Christian path.

My two cents....