One of the biggest mistakes. -John 1:1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 21:17
17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You."

ONLY God knows all things!

That true, that's why Jesus said,

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (Matt. 24:36 KJV)

Notice Jesus said His Father was the only one who knows. He didn't say He know, only His Father.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're argument here fails. Jesus did appear in the Flesh in the OT. He appeared to Abraham. You're grabbing passages out of context and trying to for a narrative. Read these passages in context. You're all over the place. Again, no man can see God, people saw Jesus, thus they cannot be one and the same. It's impossible.
my, my, my, my. did you hear your ownself, listen, "Jesus did appear in the Flesh in the OT. He appeared to Abraham". did you actually hear yourself? an apperance is not a "MANIFESTATION" in flesh, in person.... lol. oh boy.

Look Getitright, get it right before you dig yourself in a hole that you cannot get out of........ study a little more, and then come back... ok. no hard feeling?

Thanks for the replies.... good day.

PICJAG.

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, your fifth ERROR of the day, listen, Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"
"his" PERSON is the ordinal First, who is JESUS himself, the LORD, with out flesh without bone, and without blood, (the one whom you acknowledge as the creator who made all things, John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24, (smile) . the "Spirit", who is Jesus, and who's better to show up in person ..... that your ownself...... :D for in the OT, as Spirit he only Appeared, in vision, dreams, or used similitudes, Hosea 12:10 "I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets."

so the IMAGE of his "OWN" Person/self was to come in PERSON, supportive scripture, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come." the IMAGE of God is MANIFESTED in flesh, he didn't "appear", nor did he used any dreams, or similitudes, or visions. no he came in person, that's why he said, John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

hello, hello, one could not see JESUS in the OT, because he is "Spirit", now he MANIFESTED himself in flesh, personally for all to see, and Hear. do you understand?.

PICJAG.

The problem you face is that John and Paul both wrote in the New Testament and both said that no man has seen God. This is long after people saw Jesus. There is no way around this. it's the only logical conclusion. You'd do well to forgo you line of thought and reconsider some things. You've come to a brick wall. You position is untenable.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That true, that's why Jesus said,

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (Matt. 24:36 KJV)

Notice Jesus said His Father was the only one who knows. He didn't say He know, only His Father.
That was when He "emptied Himself".

Philippians 2:7
7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem you face is that John and Paul both wrote in the New Testament and both said that no man has seen God. This is long after people saw Jesus. There is no way around this. it's the only logical conclusion. You'd do well to forgo you line of thought and reconsider some things. You've come to a brick wall. You position is untenable.
Clearly referring to God the Father, not God the Son. God clearly showed Himself to OT saints!

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was when He "emptied Himself".

Philippians 2:7
7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;

If Jesus was "the God" and emptied Himself, who raised Him from the dead? You have problem here. God is eternal. One who is eternal cannot die. IF God died, all life would die. Everything that lives, lives because God continuously gives it life. IF God died, there would be no one to raise Him.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus was "the God" and emptied Himself, who raised Him from the dead? You have problem here. God is eternal. One who is eternal cannot die. IF God died, all life would die. Everything that lives, lives because God continuously gives it life. IF God died, there would be no one to raise Him.

John 10
17 Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.
18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.

No problem at all!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sixth ERROR for the day, do you know what "being" in the form of God means? I guss not. let's get educated, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"
FORM:
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

what is the ROOT here? listen, G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).

another word for portion is "SHARE"... :rolleyes: the Lord Jesus is the EQUALLY SHARE... drum roll... of HIS OWN SELF in Flesh, again Isaiah 63:5 please read. so yes, he raise up his ownself, or his OWN BODY that he shared in. did you not read John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."

what was that Glory, all power, and was not the Father the ORDINAL FIRST, the Spirit who has ALL POWER, Who is JESUS. as you testified to is the SAME ONE PERSON in John 1:3 as in Isaiah 44:24... :D see Getitright, you testify aganist your OWNSELF... (smile). now do you want to LIE?

the thing is you have no idea who the ordinal First and the ordinal last is..... (smile). no clue.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getitright said↑
How do you have God the Father and God the Son and only have one God?

kcnalp said,
How do you have God the Father and God the Son and only have one God?
Because the Bible says there is only one true God and the Father and Son are God.

well, well, well, a glimmer of Light, the Father is the Son in flesh as the "EQUAL" share of his "OWNSELF".... BINGO. when will they learn.
we suggest one understand who the "ARM" of, of, of, God is that brought salvation unto his ..... "OWN".. self....

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as I have said before, John 1:1 is one of the best "diversified oneness" verses in the bible...... when one refuse the milk then they may eat the meat of God, his Holy Word.
just bible.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all who do not believe that Jesus is the "Father" and the Son who is GOD, one person, only two words for you, "Diversified Oneness". to understand the "Father" and the Son as one PERSON, is to understand the terms "THE ORDINAL FIRST", and "THE ORDINAL LAST". better known as the FIRST and the LAST, or the Alpha and the Omega, or the Beginning and the End, or the ROOT, and the Offspring. in Hebrew it would be the Aleph and the Tav. I'm sure YOU are wondering why I'm highlighting, "Offspring". well it's a BIG clue.

if one will come to the understanding of these titles, and also understand that the Lord Jesus is the "DIVERSITY" or Offspring of himself in flesh, then one will not ask questions like, "How can Jesus raise up his own body, if he is in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state?"|, or the similar question, "if the Lord Jesus is in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state? who is running, or upholding the universe?", or question like this, "How can the Lord Jesus be lesser than his Father is they are equal, "The Father is GREATER than me?". Don't get me wrong, theses are good questions, but from ignorance, why? being taught incorrectly the word of God. not rightly dividing the word of TRUTH in righteousness, in the wisdom that only the Holy Ghost/Spirit, the Lord Jesus teach, but many have been indoctrinated by man's wisdom, but there is HOPE...........RE-NEW YOUR MIND. Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

"Diversified Oneness": correct all misleading doctrine that has no foundation in the word of God, concering the Godhead. the proverb is correct, Proverbs 18:13 "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." see most christian who fight aganist diversified oneness have no clue what they are up aganist. for they have no knowledge of what it is, .... "THE TRUTH" concering the Godhead.

as we have seen man's wisdom is easily shot down, and corrected. for it have no foundation. when many approach diversified oneness, it's from what they have been taught by men. YOU are not the problem, let me say that again, "YOU" are not the problem, it's what YOU have been taught as supposed to be TRUTH. hence YOU must re-new YOUR mind. else old 101G will eat your breakfaft, Lunch and Dinner....... :D

an intelligent teacher of Israel once said, Acts 5:38 "And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:"
Acts 5:39 "But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God."

I leave YOU with those words.

PICJAG

Psalms 110:1 in effect.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you do believe the Lord Jesus right, John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

and OH YES, the apostle Paul saw the LORD with his eyes Closed...... LOL, on the Road to Damascus, and GET this, it was the Lord Jesus who is the Father.... :p that he encountered, I dare YOU to challengen that FACT as to who Paul, then Saul encountered was the Father.... (simle). your Choice.
it's the truth or YOU LUNCH...... :eek:

PICJAG.

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the Bible says there is only one true God and the Father and Son are God.
So how do you reconcile that? There has to be a logical answer. We can't just make illogical claims. If what we believe doesn't fit with the Scriptures then what we believe is incorrect.

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 10
17 Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.
18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.

No problem at all!

Actually, there is. You see, that translation is incorrect. The word they translated power isn't power. It's authority. What Jesus said was He had authority to lay it down and take it again. He didn't say He had the power to do it. The Greek word is exousia. It means authority. The Greek word for power is dunamai.

We are told that it was God who raised Him from the dead.

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwelleth in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies through his Spirit that dwelleth in you. (Rom. 8:11 ASV)

We see here that it was someone else who raised Jesus from the dead. If God was dead He couldn't raise Himself. And, I've already stated, God, the Father, has immortality. He cannot die. Jesus did die, thus there are not the same being.

aNo one takes it from me, but zI lay it down cof my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and bI have authority to take it up again. cThis charge I have received from my Father." (Jn. 10:18 ESV)

There is no one that taketh it from me; but I lay it down of my own pleasure: for I have authority to lay it down, and authority to resume it again; because I have received this command from my Father. (Jn. 10:18 MRD)

"No one 1has taken it away from Me, but I blay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. cThis commandment I received from My Father." (Jn. 10:18 NAS)

No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." (Jn. 10:18 NIV)

no one doth take it from me, but I lay it down of myself; authority I have to lay it down, and authority I have again to take it; this command I received from my Father.' (Jn. 10:18 YLT)

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sixth ERROR for the day, do you know what "being" in the form of God means? I guss not. let's get educated, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"
FORM:
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

what is the ROOT here? listen, G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).

another word for portion is "SHARE"... :rolleyes: the Lord Jesus is the EQUALLY SHARE... drum roll... of HIS OWN SELF in Flesh, again Isaiah 63:5 please read. so yes, he raise up his ownself, or his OWN BODY that he shared in. did you not read John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."

what was that Glory, all power, and was not the Father the ORDINAL FIRST, the Spirit who has ALL POWER, Who is JESUS. as you testified to is the SAME ONE PERSON in John 1:3 as in Isaiah 44:24... :D see Getitright, you testify aganist your OWNSELF... (smile). now do you want to LIE?

the thing is you have no idea who the ordinal First and the ordinal last is..... (smile). no clue.

PICJAG.

Ok, you're arguments aren't even making sense anymore. Again, if God died there would be no one to raise Him if they were the same being. You are simply ignoring logic and reason in an attempt to hold to an untenable position. When a position is no longer logical, it is irrational. You're entering a realm of fantasy at this point.

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you do believe the Lord Jesus right, John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

and OH YES, the apostle Paul saw the LORD with his eyes Closed...... LOL, on the Road to Damascus, and GET this, it was the Lord Jesus who is the Father.... :p that he encountered, I dare YOU to challengen that FACT as to who Paul, then Saul encountered was the Father.... (simle). your Choice.
it's the truth or YOU LUNCH...... :eek:

PICJAG.
I've already explained that passage. We're told that Jesus is the express image of the Father. He does the will of the Father. Thus He is the exact representation of the Father. No, Paul did not see the Father. It was Paul himself who tells us no man has seen nor can see the Father. Again, you're arguing against Scripture. You're holding a position that is untenable.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, you're arguments aren't even making sense anymore. Again, if God died there would be no one to raise Him if they were the same being.
First thanks for the reply, or what's of it... Second, what don't make sense is YOU? not understanding. or not reading my Post, (smile). for if you did you would have not ask that ignorant question, which I have clearly answered. But to be Fair, what of my Post is so Confusing to YOU... o_O

post your complaint, and I'll answer it.

PICJA