One of the biggest mistakes. -John 1:1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iit is not me you stand against, but God.Should I care. And as you said, His sheep hear His voice, so when will you start listening. The louder one yells the more offended he is.
frist thanks for the reply, second, so you speak for God NOW? ... o_O you should care, FOR IF ONE KNOWS NOT, AND YET STILL NOT HEAR, they are still lost.

but we can take it you really don't have any scripture to answer with.... (smile). so JUST TALK, (smile). it maks no difference, you have no clue as to who the Lord Jesus really is. but one day you will hear, and I hope it's not to late. so stay in the state that you're in. for change is hard for the proud boster, and worest, it's when they don't even know what they are boasting aganist.... :( oh well........

so good day.

PICJAG.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
frist thanks for the reply, second, so you speak for God NOW? ... o_O you should care, FOR IF ONE KNOWS NOT, AND YET STILL NOT HEAR, they are still lost.

but we can take it you really don't have any scripture to answer with.... (smile). so JUST TALK, (smile). it maks no difference, you have no clue as to who the Lord Jesus really is. but one day you will hear, and I hope it's not to late. so stay in the state that you're in. for change is hard for the proud boster, and worest, it's when they don't even know what they are boasting aganist.... :( oh well........

so good day.

PICJAG.
A lot of people quote scripture yer still stand against God. Dont let knowing the bible get you too much confidence, men have studied it for years and never found Christ.

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, is that all you can come up with? JESUS as the ordinal First is in HEAVEN... LOL, listen and Learn, John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

another bo bo, while on earth in flesh "diversified", he was in Heaven at the same time. the only TRUE GOD is "JESUS"... :D .. lol. did you not say the Person of John 1:1 is the Same person in Isaiah 44:24 who made all things..... well the person who made all things is the "LORD", who is the ALMIGHTY.... who as you said is JESUS. who is the ONLY ONE with ETERNAL LIFE.. and if you want to use the conjunction "And" in John 17 to separate the Father and the Son, listen, "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."
see that "AND" there? are you saying that this is two separate persons? well lets see. James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

so Getitright, is this two separate persons? ..... well.

see your other bo bo.

PICJAG.

You really should check other translations before camping on a point. The Greek text says, from God and Father. He is our God and Father. In John 17 Jesus used the conjunction Kai. That indicates two separate beings. By saying that the Father is the only true God, He is excluding Himself. Thus, Jesus is not the only true God. Thus there are two different beings. There are so many angles that have shown your argument is flawed. It's untenable. It would be best to abandon it and reconsider these things.

Here is another that shows your claim is not Biblical. In context this passages speaks of Abraham standing before the Lord. So, Abraham could see the Lord. No one can see God. Then the Lord goes on to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Then Jehovah rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Jehovah out of heaven; (Gen. 19:24 ASV)

Notice here that we have two Jehovahs. One is on earth and one is in Heaven. The Jehovah on earth rained fire and brimstone on these towns from the Jehovah in Heaven. That was Jesus calling fire and brimstone out of Heaven from God.

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Logic" has nothing to do with the Christian Book of miracles.
It has everything to do with it. When you throw out reason all you have is fantasy. God called the Israelites to reason with Him.

16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.1
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: (Isa. 1:16-19 KJV)

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still, He raised Himself from the dead, lol.
No, He didn't. I posted Romans 8:11 in the last post.

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwelleth in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies through his Spirit that dwelleth in you. (Rom. 8:11 ASV)

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you calling the bible a lier? for clearly the ARM of God is "HE", the Lord Jesus, let's check the record. Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?"

see Getitright, you don't BELIEVE our report? .... :D do you? now read the rest of the chapter, #53, and see who the ARM of the LORD is... (smile).. lol.

but lets make it easy for those who don't believe "OUR" report. the ARM of God is his "POWER". 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God." BINGO ..... say what? :eek: get outta of here, Christ, the "POWER", and the wisdom of God. oh my gosh, he's GOD ALMIGHTY... lol. this is too easy, it's like taking candy from a baby.

so another bo bo on your part... now listen to this, Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." what did Isaiah say? Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? .... :rolleyes: ...... :p

who has "BELIEVED" 101G's/OUR REPORT? not the "damned"...... :oops:
a lot of Christian say they believe, but many are "goats" in sheep clothing........ (smile).

PICJAG.

You do understand figures of speech, correct? You're conflating two ideas here. You quote Isaiah 53 which is a figure of speech referring to Christ doing God's work and then you argue that Christ is actually, literally, an appendage of God. Jesus Christ is a man. He is not an arm. My arm is not a person, it is an appendage. If my arm becomes disconnected it can do nothing. You're equivocating which is a logical fallacy. It's an error in reasoning.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, He didn't. I posted Romans 8:11 in the last post.

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwelleth in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies through his Spirit that dwelleth in you. (Rom. 8:11 ASV)
Yes He did. Father, Son and Holy Spirit make up the living God of the Bible.

Matthew 28
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

"Name" is singular. Even the JW's got it right!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really should check other translations before camping on a point. The Greek text says, from God and Father. He is our God and Father. In John 17 Jesus used the conjunction Kai. That indicates two separate beings. By saying that the Father is the only true God, He is excluding Himself. Thus, Jesus is not the only true God. Thus there are two different beings. There are so many angles that have shown your argument is flawed. It's untenable. It would be best to abandon it and reconsider these things.

Here is another that shows your claim is not Biblical. In context this passages speaks of Abraham standing before the Lord. So, Abraham could see the Lord. No one can see God. Then the Lord goes on to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Then Jehovah rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Jehovah out of heaven; (Gen. 19:24 ASV)

Notice here that we have two Jehovahs. One is on earth and one is in Heaven. The Jehovah on earth rained fire and brimstone on these towns from the Jehovah in Heaven. That was Jesus calling fire and brimstone out of Heaven from God.
first, Thanks for the reply, second, Jehovah is not God personal name... so your reply is nothing. because the flesh profit ... "NOTHING", it is his OWN Spirit that is the TRUE God who is HIM shared in flesh, as the ordinal Last.... lol. so that statement in John 17 is reproved. you have no clues as i have said who the the Father is HIS .... own "Spirit" ... lol. oh well ever learning and yet ... "NOT ABLE TO COME TO THE TRUTH".
You do understand figures of speech, correct? You're conflating two ideas here. You quote Isaiah 53 which is a figure of speech referring to Christ doing God's work and then you argue that Christ is actually, literally, an appendage of God. Jesus Christ is a man. He is not an arm. My arm is not a person, it is an appendage. If my arm becomes disconnected it can do nothing. You're equivocating which is a logical fallacy. It's an error in reasoning.
the same old deception is still in your mind, place there by the deciever. this is what years of false teaching will do? listen up the arm of God is GOD himself "shared" in Flesh, he is an ARMY of ONE.

Let us educate you. listen. when Sennacherib, king of Assyria invaded Judah and Jerusalem, king Hezekiah had a talk with the LORD JESUS, listen to the record. 2 Chronicles 32:6 "And he set captains of war over the people, and gathered them together to him in the street of the gate of the city, and spake comfortably to them, saying,"
2 Chronicles 32:7 "Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him:"
2 Chronicles 32:8 "With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah."
you have no Idea what anthropomorphism is do you, it's not a "figure of speech"... lol, no, anthropomorphism is the attribution of human form or behavior given to a deity to understand its actions, here it means in Power, (the "authority” and the “ability”, or “might”, to do something).

did you understand that... "an ARM of flesh" is God's OWN POWER "MANIFESTED" in flesh... (smile). this was the king "POWER" in fighting men. the Lord Jesus God, himself shared in flesh is his own ARM of POWER in flesh... an ARM of Flesh, (an ARMY of ONE). for God came in the Flesh... 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God." .... (smile), ... LOL. see what flase doctrine will do for YOU, get you reprove every time.

Getitright, please get it right A. God personal Name is not Jehovah. and B. God's "OWN" ... ARM is he himself shared in flesh. so again you're reprovre again, and again. how many time must we reprove YOU. the Holy Ghost said, Titus 3:10 "A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;"
and i have went well beyond this. so like others, go back and learn then try again. telling and showing you scriptures over and over about the same thing, no more. ... "Reject".

and if you think Isaiah 53 which is a figure of speech referring to Christ doing God's work. you're truly lost, for verse one of chapter 53 reprove you.

so if you want to know and understand, I reference you to any post i have made, for if you reject the Lord Jesus work as a figure of speech then you're triple lost. John 5:17 "But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work." John 4:34 "Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." so you're reprove three time in one post. so good day to you.

PICJAG.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a long time people have thought that the Word is a separate person
That's because the designation "the Word" is simply another name of the Son of God, due to His function and role as the Son, and Highest Messenger of the Father, and we see Him as such even in Genesis, as "the voice [the Word] of the LORD [Father]" that is walking in the Garden with Adam and Eve.

Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Further in Genesis 1:1 is the Aleph-Tav (Alpha-Omega), to which John in John 1:1 refers to.

Gen 1:1 בראשׁית ברא אלהים את השׁמים ואת הארץ׃

Also in John 1, John Himself, identifies "the Word" as the eternal Person "Jesus", the very "Son" of the Father.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

And God said ... (the Father)
And God made ... (the Son, on behalf of the Father's will)
And God saw ... (the Holy Spirit, which moved and witnessed, by which we have the scriptural record, as all scripture was given by Inspiration of the Holy Ghost, and as such through holy men as they spake, being moved by the Holy Ghost, just as the Holy Ghost moved in Genesis 1)

The eternal Persons/Beings, all working in perfect harmony together, as like unto a musical "chord". The Trio.

Reactions: Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God saw ... (the Holy Spirit, which moved and witnessed)
we cannot agree with that assessment. because JESUS is the ONE who "Made all things", and it is JESUS who is the Spirit, the Holy Spirit who moved. and it is JESUS as Father, the ordinal ONE who spoke. it's the same one person.

PICJAG.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because the designation "the Word" is simply another name of the Son of God, due to His function and role as the Son, and Highest Messenger of the Father, and we see Him as such even in Genesis, as "the voice [the Word] of the LORD [Father]" that is walking in the Garden with Adam and Eve.

Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Further in Genesis 1:1 is the Aleph-Tav (Alpha-Omega), to which John in John 1:1 refers to.

Gen 1:1 בראשׁית ברא אלהים את השׁמים ואת הארץ׃

Also in John 1, John Himself, identifies "the Word" as the eternal Person "Jesus", the very "Son" of the Father.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

And God saw ... (the Holy Spirit, which moved and witnessed, by which we have the scriptural record, as all scripture was given by Inspiration of the Holy Ghost, and as such through holy men as they spake, being moved by the Holy Ghost, just as the Holy Ghost moved in Genesis 1)

The eternal Persons/Beings, all working in perfect harmony together, as like unto a musical "chord". The Trio.

"Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden."

Very interesting, I have always thought it was The Father Himself walking in the garden. Also thought it strange wording too until just now, thanks!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden."

Very interesting, I have always thought it was The Father Himself walking in the garden. Also thought it strange wording too until just now, thanks!
Nancy Correct. it was the ordinal First the LORD, the FATHER. for God appeared in visions and dreams and used similitudes. for if one read the book of Ezekiel a vision can be real, very real, for in Ezekiel vision he was picked up off the ground/Earth. oh yes God the Spirit can be very real.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy Correct. it was the ordinal First the LORD, the FATHER. for God appeared in visions and dreams and used similitudes. for if one read the book of Ezekiel a vision can be real, very real, for in Ezekiel vision he was picked up off the ground/Earth. oh yes God the Spirit can be very real.

PICJAG.
...and very powerful. This is a good thought to end my night with :)
God Bless and goodnight!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we cannot agree with that assessment. because JESUS is the ONE who "Made all things"
The Father "created all things".

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.​

It was by the Father's will that all things were created, and the Son obeyed and honoured His Father's will:

Eph_3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;​

and it is JESUS who is the Spirit, the Holy Spirit who moved.
You do not know the first thing about Godhead:

Isa_48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Joh_15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Eph_1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Eph_2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.​

and many others.

and it is JESUS as Father, the ordinal ONE who spoke. it's the same one person.
No. See the previous texts.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.​

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth
Does that mean we dont have to rely on the scripture? :eek:
Wouldnt you rather rely on Jesus... have you not read

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

He is the life of men and He is the truth, Who or what is your God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wouldnt you rather rely on Jesus... have you not read
Do you seriously believe that there is a conflict between the eternal Word of God (Christ) and the written Word of God (Scripture)?

But He [Christ] answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Mt 4:4)

It is Jesus who said this, but you don't really believe Him. Which means that you are not relying on Him but your own human wisdom. Scripture is called the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, but you despise it by attempting to be super-spiritual and saying "Rely only on Jesus" (in opposition to both being necessary).

Emma Kim

Aug 13, 2020
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth
but according to 1Jn 1:2 Jesus himself is the scripture! Isn't relying on scripture is relying on jesus?
Because Jesus now exist inside our heart through the words, therefore we have to rely more to His words. :)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you seriously believe that there is a conflict between the eternal Word of God (Christ) and the written Word of God (Scripture)?
Look at these forum. what do you reckon. Have you bothered to ask Him what HE things of this mess called christianity.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth
but according to 1Jn 1:2 Jesus himself is the scripture! Isn't relying on scripture is relying on jesus?
Because Jesus now exist inside our heart through the words, therefore we have to rely more to His words. :)
Now how do you derive such a silly notion, God is Spirit, Jesus is the Word of God came in the flesh, the bible is a book written on perishable paper, by fallible men, His word is Spirit, it is life, as Jesus said in that post read it, You will not come to me so you can have life,... Will you go to Him, or become like all these so called learned men who know teh bible and not Jesus.