One of the biggest mistakes. -John 1:1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I never stated that Jesus is the Persons/Being of "the Father" at all, nor intimated it anywhere, but explicitly and overtly, in several places stated categorically that Jesus and the Father are two Persons/Beings, not the same Person/Being.
another dismiss.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Son sits on the Throne with His Father, as it is the Father's throne, as demonstrated. Again:

Heb_1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Heb_10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;​

establishing-shot-with-Jesus-for-live-classes.jpg

The answer to the question about who returns power unto the Father was already addressed, please see the previous response - One of the biggest mistakes. -John 1:1
there is only ONE who sits on the throne, and Right hand indicate POWER, who is the Lord Jesus himself. listen, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."
Christ is the POWER, so another dismiss. also fake picture... lol.

now listen carefully, so you want make that mistake again, Revelation 4:2 "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."
Revelation 4:3 "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

only ONE sit on the throne, another DISMISS, and a reprove..

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus was given "power" by His Father:

Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Yet, since you seem to deny this, I will ask you, who gave to Jesus "all power"?
no, it's you who did not understand, you have the Father on the THRONE receiving Power. which is not the case... :eek:
so you ERROR Jesus the ordinal last received power who now sits on the throne.
Jesus received from His Father the "revelation", and Jesus passes it along to us by the Holy Ghost and angels and John.

The greeting of "Grace" and "peace" is from Three Persons/Beings:
Another ERROR on your part. do you actually think Revelation 1:1 have two persons standing next to each other. and one hands the other something? man oh man, how lost you're.
NOW you said this,
You are conflating Two Persons/Beings. They are both called JEHOVAH (like a family called "Smith", you have Dad Smith, Boy Smith Jr and Uncle Smith, they are all "Smith", but differing Persons/Beings, and so thus with the Father, the Son And the Holy Ghost). They are both called "the First and the Last", even "Alpha and Omega", "Beginning and Ending".

The Father:

Isa_41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isa_44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isa_48:12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
The Son:

Rev_1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Rev_1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Rev_2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
The Son shares all that the Father has. For as the Father's name includes being the first and last, so too the son:

Exo_23:21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

Joh_5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
Therefore there is a "first and last" that died (the Son) and rose again, and also a "first and last" that "liveth for ever and ever", never having died (the Father).

I just want to say one thing, are you that ignorant? you have two "First" only one can be FIRST, indicating only one person. my God. look at your scriptures above. the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. all the SAME one person.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seem some people missed the boat, which is ok, but missing the whole dock.....
How does Jesus (who is now ascended and in Heaven) come to us? By His Holy Spirit, which is "another Comforter", and not Himself. The Holy GHost, comes in the "name of" Jesus, as Jesus' Ambassador or Representative.

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Joh_14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jesus is the "Comforter" John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"
John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

and he came on pentecoast.

well I thought a few was brained washed from false doctrine, but this........ my God.

as the apostle Paul wrote by the Holy Spirit, Titus 3:10 "A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;"
Titus 3:11 "Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself."

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC to all.
I have seen some people who just honestly are taught in error, that's ok. and I have seen some people who just mistakenly interpreted scripture in error, that's ok too. but when someone blatantly choose to twist scripture that they post themselvbes and is looking at the scripture in their face and clearly see that what they post is not even coming close to what they are saying, then that's the highest deception someone can do.

EXAMPLE,
if a person said that he is the "First", it means, coming before all others in time or order; earliest. which means there can not be two "First".

if a scripture states that one person sits on a, a, a, a, Throne, meaning only ONE throne. and then they add another throne, which the scriptures clearly states, don't add or take away from the word of God. then this is no longer ignorance but clear deception.

another example, how can one sit next to a Spirit that is every where at the same time? my. my. my.

when men justify themselves in deceptiopn, then one either, a. leave them to themselves. or b. shut their mouth, with the word of God.

I choose b.

it have been said that the following verse are three separate persons. Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;"
Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

so I will take this ONE step at a time, and one question at a time to expose this deception once and for all.

which is, and which was, and which is to come. person #1

the seven Spirits. person #2.

Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness. person #3.

we say NO. it's the SAME one person. we will take this one question at time... so please post your scriptures to support your claim of three separate persons. OPEN TO ANYONE WHO WISH TO ANSWER. but first I want to dismatle one's answer bit by bit.

ONE ANSWER.
Jesus is indeed "Lord",

Act_2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

but so too the Father, another "Lord".

another "Lord"?, if the Father is another Lord then he would have to be another Father, or the Son and the Father is the SAME one person. because the definition of ANOTHER is G243 Allos, G2087 hetero, have a difference in meaning, which despite a tendency to be lost, is to be observed in numerous passages. Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort;" heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another of a different sort."
so either the Father is the SAME ONE PERSON as the Son, or one have Two separate Fathers... Reprove #1.

They are both called JEHOVAH (Exo_23:21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.). The Father is JEHOVAH the Ancient of Days, and the Son is JEHOVAH the Son Of Man/Lamb:
Another Deception, scripture, Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?"
so if both are called... "JEHOVAH", then one have to be a "JEHOVAH JR."... :eek: which is another deception. because above G243 Allos eliminates any two JEHOVAH. anytime one have any interchangable name or titles then "DISTICTION" and "Seperate persons", goes right out the door, because it's the same person. Reprove #2.

another deception, two First? when clearly the bible states that the Lord, not the LORD, but the Lord is the "Last" adam.
so, as said, if a person said that he is the "First", it means, coming before all others in time or order; earliest. which means there can not be two "First". only God can be the ordinal "First" alone and by himself, and the ordinal Last at the same time, but in ORDER... :D.

this eliminates any separate persons in Revelation. deception is a powerful tool but the scriptures are all powerful. but we must, Ephesians 6:11 "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

PICJAG.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is "God" (Genesis 1:7, "God made") and truly it was by Him (the Son, Jesus JEHOVAH) that all things were created as Colossians 1 states. Notice the context:

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;​

Thus the Father and the Son are two Persons/Beings. The Son is the "image of" the Father, just as Hebrews 1 states, "the express image".
"Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."
Amen!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a long time people have thought that the Word is a separate person, Trinitarians believe the Word is another eternal God in a Trinity and Jehovah's Witnesses believe the Word is the first created being, there are also people who believe the Word is an "idea/plan" but all three of these claims are false.
The Word is the spoken word of God, it is the expression of God's Spirit, everything he speaks is his Word. Therefore there was no Son of God before the birth of the Messiah, the Son of God only began to exist from his human birth, but the Spirit who was in him, who spoke to men, is eternal, this Spirit has no beginning, this Spirit who is the Father spoke to men, it was he who said to the Pharisees in the Son: "Before Abraham was I am". God spoke in the Son, and that is why it is said that the Word became flesh.
I am not a teacher but I am absolutely sure about this one, so I tell you you must wake up.

The Word is not a Trinity, nor a created being, nor a plan, but the Word is the Word of God.
You might want to do your do diligence and check your historical facts from a reliable source.

There are 3 major Monotheistic world religions.
1- Judaism
2- Christianity
3- Islam

Each religious system above believes in One God hence monotheistic. Check any reliable source and it will validate the truth contained in this post concerning Christianity as Monotheistic not Tritheistic.

hope this helps !!!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!
100% correct, another Revelation revealed. Col 1:17 "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."
kcnalp has hit it on the head also. for Jesus the Lord is before all things, for... "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1:3 KJV).
this is another elimination of any second and third persons within the Godhead. why? because, Isaiah 43:10 "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me." "I" is a single person designation, meaning only ONE PERSON.

Hold it, this verse also just put a crip in any notion that the Lord Jesus is a "created" being. because a. if anything that was made/formed Jesus was the one who formed or made it. and b. there is no coming into any existance of "ANOTHER" God that is not G243 allos with Jesus, who is God. so if there is no God before nor after him, then anyone who says Jesusd have a God, as in Hebrews 1:8 "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." or if someone say this, John 20:17 "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." that is saying that JESUS has a God, then he or she is rejecting SOUND DOCTRINE which are truth in scriptures, (meaning they are rejecting the bible scriptures). so if the Lord Jesus have a God, and he is God, per John 20:28 as an example, then one have two (separate, and distinct), Gods, which fly into the face of Isaiah 43:10b "that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me." "I am he is only ONE PERSON, one needs to take time and let that sink in.

so if no God is Formed before or after "HIM", and HIM is only one person, that eliminates any second, or third person as God. for if the Lord Jesus has a God over or above him, that is seperate and distinct from him the Lord Jesus who is God almighty, then he that is the "SECOND" person, to .. "HIM", God is another almighty GOD, and that's again anti bible, and calling Isaiah 43:10b a lie. for if Jesus the Son who many say is a separate person, and is distinct from the Father, for there is only ONE almighty God.

for the scriptures are very very clear, 1 Corinthians 8:6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." NOW EITHER JESUS IS G243 ALLOS "WITH" GOD, OR HE IS G2087 HETEROS "TO" GOD. for Philippians 2:6 makes its very, very, clear that the Lord Jesus is EQUAL "WITH" God the Father, not EQUAL "to", but EQUAL "WITH", big difference. listen, "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" the revelation revealed again, that our Lord Jesus is the EQUAL "share WITH" God in Flesh. and "WITH" indicate the same PERSON as G243 ALLOS express, Jesus is God "shared" equally in flesh as the offspring of God, his ownself, again Isaiah 63:5 prove this correctly.

so kcnalp have it correct on this scripture also. for G243 ALLO, express the "WITH" of God in John 1:1, and the scriptures in Isaiah and Revelation referring to the "First", the ordinal "FIRST", and the Last, the ordinal "LAST", as the numerical difference, (1 Father, 2 Son), or (1 LORD, 2 Lord), meaning the same one person, "diversified", shared in flesh. BINGO.

PICJAG.

Reactions: kcnalp

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gee, I wonder why Islam beheads Christians.
Islam is a religion of the devil. I am not saying the individual muslims are all evil. I am speaking of their theological position, the "ism" (religion), and not the "ims" (persons) therein. They are commanded, by their religious foundational source material (ie, a qur'an, &c), to kill anyone that does not submit to everything that their false god 'Allah', their false prophet 'Abu al Qasim, Muhammad', and their false history and religious materials say, a qur'an, aHadith, &c. If you need that evidence I may provide it specifically from their officially recognized and cherished sources. In their several different Arabic qur'ans it is plainly stated that Jesus is just a creation of 'Allah' and not in any way deity, eternal, &c. As for the 'Holy Spirit' in their sources, this is several things, even including their false angel 'Jibril'.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is only ONE who sits on the throne, and Right hand indicate POWER, who is the Lord Jesus himself. listen, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."
Christ is the POWER, so another dismiss. also fake picture... lol.

now listen carefully, so you want make that mistake again, Revelation 4:2 "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."
Revelation 4:3 "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

only ONE sit on the throne, another DISMISS, and a reprove..

PICJAG.
As I stated before, and shown the context, that Revelation 4 only has the Father present with the 4 Living Creatures (representative of all the unfallen worlds and their beings) and the 24 elders (the representative leadership of those unfallen worlds, the many other "sons of God", as Adam was in the beginning). Jesus and the host of angels and firstfruits are not present in Revelation 4, and they do not show up until Revelation 5 (having just arrived from ascending from the Earth, Psalms 24; Acts 1, &c), in which case the Son (Jesus) then stands before the Father (who is then just sitting on the throne, having just moved from the Most Holy Place to the Holy Place, and sat down to receive the Son) to receive the book from the right hand of the Father. The Son is not seen sitting on the throne yet, but rather is standing in the midst of all those Heavenly beings. The Son has returned as conqueror, as the "lamb as it had been (past tense) slain".

I showed all of that here - One of the biggest mistakes. -John 1:1

Therefore, the "one" and "he" is demonstrated, contextually, to be the Person/Being of the Father, just as these texts also state:

Heb_1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Heb_8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Act_2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.​

The "picture" - One of the biggest mistakes. -John 1:1

That is merely an artists rendition of what the texts demonstrate.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!
"Planck" (as in Max P.), please notice, the context:

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;​

It states that Jesus is before all "created" "things". It does not state that the Son is the Person/Being of the Father, neither the converse.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I stated before, and shown the context, that Revelation 4 only has the Father present with the 4 Living Creatures (representative of all the unfallen worlds and their beings) and the 24 elders (the representative leadership of those unfallen worlds, the many other "sons of God", as Adam was in the beginning). Jesus and the host of angels and firstfruits are not present in Revelation 4, and they do not show up until Revelation 5 (having just arrived from ascending from the Earth, Psalms 24; Acts 1, &c), in which case the Son (Jesus) then stands before the Father (who is then just sitting on the throne, having just moved from the Most Holy Place to the Holy Place, and sat down to receive the Son) to receive the book from the right hand of the Father. The Son is not seen sitting on the throne yet, but rather is standing in the midst of all those Heavenly beings. The Son has returned as conqueror, as the "lamb as it had been (past tense) slain".
ANOTHER ERROR on your part. for in Revelation 4:11 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

now, if this is the Father sitting on the Throne, again who gave the Father Power, since you said,
Jesus and the host of angels and firstfruits are not present in Revelation 4,

now, since the Lord Jesus is not present in chapter 4, so who gave the Father power then.... name please, book chapter and verse please.

PICJAG.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ANOTHER ERROR on your part. for in Revelation 4:11 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

now, if this is the Father sitting on the Throne, again who gave the Father Power, since you said,
Answered in full detail here - One of the biggest mistakes. -John 1:1

Please address the texts I presented, instead of just saying "dismissed". That is simply 'hand-waving' away the evidence without due consideration. It is simply piffling it.

now, since the Lord Jesus is not present in chapter 4, so who gave the Father power then.... name please, book chapter and verse please. PICJAG.
As stated before, to "receive" "glory", "honour" and "power" is simply to return (like tithe and offering) to God that which is already His.

1Ch_29:11 Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.

Mat_6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.​

Consider returning and/or giving "glory" to God:

Jos_7:19 And Joshua said unto Achan, My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel, and make confession unto him; and tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me.

Jer_13:16 Give glory to the LORD your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness.

Mal_2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

Luk_17:18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.

1Co_10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Jud_1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Rev_14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Rev_16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.​

Did you see how God the Father receives "glory" from man-kind and even angel-kind? Yet, you ask the asinine (foolish, ignorant) question of who can "give" "power" to God? Since man-kind and angel-kind can and do "give glory" to God, why not also "honour" and "power"? If you say that none can give "power" to "God", then you not only deny the text, but you also break the continuum of "glory", "honour", &c, as elsewhere (Revelation 5:12-13, 7:12, 19:1), of which the "Lamb" also (in addition to the Father) receives.

Just as Nebuchandnezzar has received from God's grace, "power", "strength" and "glory":

Dan_2:37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.​

Nebuchadnezzar was to return it to God by service of Love to Him (which he eventually did, Daniel 4). It was to return to Him (God) with interest on the loan to Nebuchadnezzar, for God had sowed the seed, and waited for the 30, 60 and 100 fold return.

Pro_22:7 The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.​

Thus, so with "Honour":

Jdg_9:9 But the olive tree said unto them, Should I leave my fatness, wherewith by me they honour God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?

Ecc_6:2 A man to whom God hath given riches, wealth, and honour, so that he wanteth nothing for his soul of all that he desireth, yet God giveth him not power to eat thereof, but a stranger eateth it: this is vanity, and it is an evil disease.

2Pe_1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

1Sa_2:30 Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.

Dan_5:18 O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a kingdom, and majesty, and glory, and honour:

Joh_5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?​

Jesus (the Son of the Father), just as we, are to "honour" our Father in Heaven, as for the other see (Galatians 4:26), and Jesus received "honour" from the Person/Being of the Father:

Exo_20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Joh_8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:​

Thus it is possible to not return to God that "honour" He had bestowed, by misusing it, or misapplying it:

Dan_11:38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
Thus also with "power", as already stated.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, it's you who did not understand, you have the Father on the THRONE receiving Power. which is not the case...
Question:

Who do you specifically acknowledge is upon the "THRONE" (sic; Revelation 4:9-11) and as such, receiving "Power"?

God? Father? Son? Holy Ghost? An angel? a man? a creature?

Please be specific in your answer. Thank you.